Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-14 06:58:07 PM

Leon

The Bird Works For Him- Redwall Log /Quade TP

Redwall Log In the Rewall Infirm:

Leon-Master Healer
Minsc-Hamster
Henry-Sparrow
Volos-Mouse
Kurt-Robin

Leon sits in the wheeled chair, he is still recovering but he is also still the Master Healer here as he does the simple task of checking inventory.   

Into the room hops a familiar looking black throated sparrow humming a tune.   

Leon looks over at the bird and waves "Hello" He says as he finishes some writing and then folds the paper and places it in a vest pocket."Just doing inventory, least I can do that and luckily no one needs any healing....not sure how long that will last though"

"Meum says a week tops," Comments the sparrow, unhelpfully. "Someworm is bound to get a headache, and that's not counting the fact that Red Stone is in fight."   

Leon frowns “Yes with Quade and his friends. There will be injuries and ...probably death, can't avoid things like that in fighting."   

"That's why tat be healers in the first place." Says the sparra with a shrug.

Leon says, "True, healers to save lives and heal, sometimes a healer can’t always save a life, it’s upsetting when that happens but a healer doesn’t always save someone, sometimes they can't and I have dealed with that before, I also saved a life before I didn’t think I would of but I was there at the right place, right time and had someone else to help me as well, otherwise the beast we were helping would of died"

==Couple hours later==

A spring storm always came up in string and sometimes they were strong, but only lasted maybe 5 minutes at a time. It was a quick storm burst like this that caught Kurt off guard and the wind made him crash to the ground with a surprised chirp.

Minsc ducked into the bell tower and peeked out when he heard the robin, he also knew who it was as his eyes narrowed

Kurt went to fly up as the rain started to slow, but quickly found he was unable to fly away as his wing was bent slightly, he chirped quietly and looked around as the rain slowed more to a sort of sprinkle.

Leon was in his wheeled chair as sitting in bed is , well boring and he wants to feel useful not someone who needs to be in bed, he also can sit and do inventory, and talk to the couple novice in the room. "Ok Novice Kelp get the list to Benar"   

Kurt hopes into the infirm from the open ground and shakes his feathers free of rain water, a loud pained chirp comes from him as his left wing is injured and a few feathers out of place.   

Minsc quickly follows the robin, "Whatever ya do don't help that one, he works for Quade! He is Quade's spy!"   

Leon looks over at the robin and at Minsc as he wheels over to Kurt "One do not yell in my infirm, and 2 how do you know he works for Quade?"   

Kurt backs away from the hamster and puffs out in anger  "Back off or you will be pecked and I WILL aim for the eyes!"   

Minsc smirks "Yeah and I don’t need a weapon to slay ya featherbag!"   

Leon leans back in the wheelchair and takes a deep breath "QUIET!!!" The two novice gasp and quickly go to the other side of the room as the Master Healer points at Minsc "You..sit" His voice says obey, he looks to the bird "You..stay still" He motions the two novice to come help as he examines the robin carefully .   

Kurt puffs out more and then jumps slightly as the mouse yells, he stays still but also very alert. His left wing is broken and some flight feathers bent. It’s not a serious break but a break none the less. He keeps an eye mainly on the hamster.   

Minsc glares at the bird as he speaks to the healer "How can you help this...this bird, he is the enemy he should be throw out ...killed maybe or questioned be better"   

Leon quietly examines the bird as Minsc speaks "I am a healer, I help beasts and we can make sure he stays here if needed" He nods for a novice to get a guard, "Ok..so do we just call you bird or do you have a name and your wing is broken, you won’t be able to fly with it and if you try it will get worse."   

Kurt chirps something and then finally speaks "I am Kurt and you are not my boss mouse. I will do as I please...."He glares daggers at the hamster "Minsc.....yes my boss for sure wants you dead, trust me"   

Minsc folds his arms over his chest, "Well you won’t be reporting back to him if I have anything to say."   

Leon looks to the door as a guard appears, he nods "We need to keep the bird watched, maybe tie a talon to the bed...." He has the novice still here help him bandage the birds wing, "So your name is Kurt....well Kurt Minsc is right, if you work for Quade we can't let you just leave, sorry for that, your have to stay here. But you won’t be harmed unless you try and harm an abbey beast, your be watched at all times and you will get meals in case you thought you wouldn’t, some info on Quade would be nice but my guess is that’s a no"   

Kurt looks ready to peck the guard if they get too close, but he just puffs out for now "Abbey beast will get no info from me"   

There's a slow tapping sound from his stick as Volos makes his way in to the infirmary shortly after the guard. Immediately a small frown appears on Volos' face when he sees so many in the room but he continues on towards the cupboards "More trouble in paradise?" He questions as he picks up on the tension.

Minsc watches the robin “OH the Defenders know where your base in now" He looks over at the entering beast and then back to the bird.   

Leon glances at Voles "Hello Voles do you need something?" Things are easy to find as the Master Healer has an ABC order in the infirm. He watches as a guard does carefully tie a rope to the birds talon and quickly to a bed and backs off a little, but stays close as he nods to the Master Healer. "Now Kurt....it be wise to not cause trouble, in my infirm for sure, trust me its unwise as your either deal with me or with Angela and Angela isn’t in a wheelchair like I am and this is only temporary for me"   

Kurt puffs out as he listens, he hops a couple feet away once he can and looks around the room, "Quade will come, he will take down the worse threats first " He looks at Minsc and chuckles " So....Quade also has plans for your stupid stripedog leader....he has assassin after him, your leader will die and your get to watch"   

Volos keeps an eye on the little group, noting the bird being tied to the bed. He helps himself to the cupboard, selecting a few herbs "Quite alright Leon, you'll get them back" He also digs in to his coat and palms a couple of glass vials while his back is turned to the group, just in case. The bird did seem quite agitated. Hamster didn't seem much better. He moves back towards the group, going to stand next to Leon's chair as he watches the others "Ah, so the Quade incident continues?"   

Minsc eyes widen some and then narrow "Well I will have to warn him then won't I..." That’s if he is in the abbey still which he hopes he is.   

Leon frowns, he first speaks to Volos "I just need to know what was taken so I know. I recently took inventory of what we have and what is needed." He frowns at Minsc "I am sure Xander knows to be careful, least hope so as I know he brought Gorvenalus inside, he is fine just a sprang ankle...sadly Thunderwing was killed and we are not sure by whom just an idea and fairly sure it was planned"   

Kurt just fixes his out of place feathers and listens, if he is stuck here he may as well try and relax for now.   

"I'm certain they will be back before you notice them gone" Volos replies to the head healer, unconcerned with the stock taking "Is it wise to provide updates in front of the enemy spy? I presume we don't know what they're already aware of?"   

Minsc breaths in and out "I know what Quade is able to do he had me captive for a long time....I am going to find Xander let him whats going on" He walks on out and onto the open ground, least the rain stopped for now there is just a lot of puddles.   

Leon blinks "And how if they are used....."He watches the hamster leave and sighs “I hope he stays careful, then I also fear there will most likely be a large fight before all this is over"   

Kurt chirps slightly " dumb beasts...Quade will notice me gone"   

Volos doesn't elaborate for Leon. He took things he needed, he'll replace them when he next has a chance to get more "Revenge is ever the great motivator" Volos says with a sigh as Minsc leaves "For a place of peace you have an awful lot of war" he tilts his head at the bird, watching closely "You believe he will care and come for you?"   

Leon says, "always seems beasts want to try and take over, most fail....one had it for a season once"   

Kurt says, "I am needed. I am loyal to him"   

"That's not really what I asked" Volos replies to the bird as he limps slightly closer "Loyalty to leaders is often not returned by them. You're needed? Why? Because you fly? The woods are full of birds"   

Leon listens as he checks a couple more things in the infirm.   

Kurt puffs "I am spy..."He does seem a little worried, his so called boss has let others die after all.   
Volos actually chuckles "A spy who has been discovered and tied to a bed with a broken wing. Somehow I have my doubts for your usefulness" he glances back to Leon and shakes his head "Has he actually learned anything important since he arrived here today or he just been giving out the plans of his leader to everyone?"   

Leon says, "He hoped into here and Minsc followed, I think we know more of his boss than he does of us...well of plans, this bird may of been how Quade learned whom leaders were here, then we did think Quade  a friend for a while, we don’t think him a friend now"

Kurt rolls his eyes but he does seem a little worried..."Boss..will come for me......." He gets quiet as he seems to think and then looks at the floorboards and then his bandaged wing “Why help me.....why fix wing when could of let the hamster slay me?"

Leon answers "The abbey isn’t known for killing beasts, we do keep an eye on beasts who may wish us harm but we do not harm unless it’s a last resort. You know you have an option of maybe stopping work for Quade, help us instead of him"   

Volos rolls his eyes too "This land plays war like children" He shakes his head at the bird "How would it ever go well for your boss? While he was unknown he had a chance but now? Does he have an army or even a way in to a fortress like this? He's probably off hiding in the woods"   

Kurt clearly refuses to answer as he hops over to where he can try and sleep, he is trapped here for now yes but it doesn’t mean he will talk.   

Leon keeps an eye on Kurt and sighs, "Quade could also be planning, we don’t know yet."   

Volos smiles even though the bird doesn't answer. He snorts quietly and limps away towards Leon, ensuring he is out of earshot of the bird and keeping his voice down when he speaks "My friend, it is unwise to tell the enemy what you do not know as much as it is unwise to say what you do. What I see here is a source of information. I don't believe he knows everything but he knows more than he has said and while I very much doubt it if he is important enough to rescue you suggest you plan accordingly, he would make excellent bait"   

Leon asks, "Bait? What do you mean bait, that doesn’t sound like a good thing"   

Volos sighs quietly "So much like children"  He mutters before explaining himself "You wish to catch Quade's men, yes? If they come for him there should be a trap waiting for them to ensure that happens"   

Leon says, "though it will most likely be more than just Quade"   

Volos shrugs "So you catch more than just Quade. Is that a bad thing? You don't want to just leave the others to come and rescue him"   

Leon says, "still pays to be careful..." He watches the other mouse leave as he looks at the sleeping robin and the otter guard whom is watching the bird and decides its best to just sleep as he gets to a bed and slowly gets in laying down and is soon asleep.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer