Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-30 11:32:08 AM

oz

Defenders New Leader..Again-Missing Abbot Log

RW Abbey: Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.

The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.

Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.

Xander sits in the large chair sipping some October Ale, only a little bit and has a couple rice cakes with honey beside him as well.   

Down the steps comes a slow humming and then, the hopping form of a black throated sparra.

Xander glances at the sparrow "Hey" He says quietly and leans back in the chair, its then seen his bandaged leg under his knee, the one on his wrist is gone.   

The sparrow looks stops on the steps. "Greetings stripyworm." Says the sparra. He is then silent for a moment as he looks the badger over. "Youum wellfine stripyworm?" He finely asks.   

Zolomon enters the room slowly, his ear burnt from a fire and his fur, as well as his clothing still smell like forest fire. He also looks like he been in a rainstorm.   

Xander nods "I guess..."He then stands, limping slightly over to the hare "Zolomon!..w..what happen to you?"   

The sparrow just stands in the stairwell, not really sure how to respond to the hare entering the room.   

Zolomon sits down "He tried to kill us Xandy....he set the headquarters on fire, it’s gone....and like a couple huts nearby it..me, Edson, Jasmine, were all there..he wanted us dead Xandy"   

Xander frowns "Who did?" He looks worried, he isn’t sure who Jasmine is, "Wait. The Mossflower Defender's base?"   

The sparrow's unnatural golden eyes narrow. "I told  spyworm that has abbeyhead."   

Zolomon nods "Quade...he did it..."   

Xander eyes flash as he growls, he takes a few deep calming breaths "Ok....ok...that’s it...he needs stopped, he tried to kill Uncle Oz..twice, he killed my mother...he killed a dibbun, he killed a novice and he has someone else in the infirm in a deep faint"   

Zolomon takes a step away from Xander "Xander...calm down" He frowns "But wot can we do. The Defenders have not leader now"   

The sparrow shakes his head slowly. "I tolled them, strike when the worm first shows him head."   

Xander calms as his eyes go back to the normal color, "You have a leader...me." He says "Word spreads Quade is not a good beast....and the Mossflower Defenders will have a meeting..so need to find Dorarose, Edson, Brookshire,..you said  a Jasmine, and course Thunderwing...any other members I didn’t mention, besides Marek whom is missing"   

Zolomon says, "No..Jasmine wants to help as a cook and she can use a dirk .And your...be leader now?" He smiles "I like that idea"   

The sparrow watch form the stairwell, he has nothing to contribute right now. His not quite sure what is happening, but whatever it is, he likes it.   

Xander smiles "I..admit I am a little..scared, not rally ever led anyone before"   

Zolomon smiles "Yeah ya have, the tavern remember...well not totally but when we couldn’t find Quade...cause yeah he probably caused it...you helped get me and some others to listen and get the tavern back under Ferravale control"   

If any were watching the little sparrow in the stairwell, he would notice playful lights starting to dance across the sparra's eyes as he began to laugh. "No beast knows how to led before he does so. Do you think that Matthias crazy mouse knew how to led?"   

Xander looks at the bird, "Well...he learned guess by doing" He smiles "You want to join Mossflower Defenders? You could be a warrior from the sky, or spy maybe"   

Zolomon grins "Birds be cool, and your have help Xandy...ummm I can still call ya...don't have to call ya sir now do I?"   

Xander smiles "I am not Sir..I am Xander...Xander Winters...leader of The Mossflower  Defenders, I am a friend, I am a protector of my friends and family...I am me" He smiles.   

The sparrow chirps with joy. "I was think I could learn to be a healer, all armies need healings after all..." the sparra stops and laughs again. "Meum get ahead of meself," He hops down the stairs and in to the Great Hall and bows deeply. "I am the sparra Henry... poet."

"And I would be honored to defend Mossflower with fine worms like you.” The sparrow says.

Zolomon smiles "I be Zolomon Arturo Garrick Anderson IV...at ya service Henry"   

Xander smiles "Then you’re welcome to join Henry...what skills do you have?"   

Zolomon folds his arms over his chest "We will need to rebuild the headquarters, but that can wait till this threat is taken care of"   

"Skills..." The sparrow thinks for a moment, "Meum strong flyer, not strongest, but if you need I can travel as fast as any worm. I have a great wit and skilled with the word. If you would like something else of me, I may not know how to do as well as some other beast..." the sparra spreads his wings. "But I can learn."   

Xander nods "Alright, a messenger is good. If you know healing herbs you could find those and fighters are always needed"   

Zolomon says, "This is good, The Defenders grows and we have a good leader now.."   

Xander says, "A bard maybe...they are like poets..singers and could still fight and learn healing"   

Zolomon says, "See you got good leadership skills Xandy"   

Henry laughs, "Bard... Meum likes the sound of that! Henry the poet the bard...." The poet makes a little frown and then shrugs. "It needs work."

Xander smiles ," I will need to have a meeting, discuss what to do, how to do....we need to get the abbot, Marek and Minsc free as soon as possible."   

Zolomon nods "Course Xandy...meetings are always good"   

The newest member of the Defenders seems notable unthrilled at the prospect of a meeting, but agrees that it is needed.   

Gorvenalus makes his way slowly down the steps and finds a nearby chair.   

Xander walks over to the beaver "Hello sir, you doing ok?"   

Gorvenalus manages a smile "Fairly well ad...fairly well...the vixen is still in her deep faint, Brother Leon is slowly recovering but we do still need the antidote to what Quade used or I fear the vixen may never wake, and your Master Healer may be awake now but the effects are still there, he could start to worsen again without it, the antidote would make sure all ill effects were gone as I can only do so little to slow effects, he may of gotten a good deal less than her, but as I said...he could still be in danger of death"   

Zolomon frowns "That’s not a good thing...maybe someone could steal it off Quade or ..bally well something"   

Xander frowns "We..don't need anyone else dyeing....so Quade clearly uses different kinds of poison...ones that would kill quickly, like in the tea and others guess that work slowly but can still be deadly"   

The sparrow Henry (who the beaver would recognize but not know the name of) look slightly worried, (only slightly he never was much of a worrier). He turns to the badger. "What worm be heally worm while big heally worm is unawake?"   

Xander listens, "Who is in deep faint?..Rayen....and our Master Healer is Leon, he was in a like faint a week but woke up, but he is in a wheelchair...course Rayen was really bad injured and...in the infirm longer, lot longer. Quade gave her something, more of it and probably Leon too just not as much"   

Gorvenalus says, "Yes is my guess...but still any amount, even if it’s a weaker poison...is still not good. He is making it look like it’s a long process of...not healing maybe, the poison he tried to use on the caretaker sounded like a much quicker one, to make it look like a heart attack...Quade used both in my home lands."   
Zolomon says, "Then we try and rob him..somehow"   

Gorvenalus asks, "Quade is not a fool, how would you rob him?"   

Xander says, "Well I...I would figure it out....wait use something against him...sleeping herbs, we get whatever vails he keeps and figure out which one is an antidote and which is a poison"   

The black Throated poet shakes his head, "Youum mistake me questionings sir," (Henry knows the badger said not to call him sir, but that was to the badger's close friend, which Henry, as of yet, is not.) "Meum ask, what heally worm is second in command, whoum chef hear when chef hear is gone?! If it be fox heally worm, who be third in commend?!"   

Zolomon blinks "Ahhh...umm in command of Redwall while abbot is missing....Oz..Lacota...Magrmaba and Leon...and think Elmef as well"   

Gorvenalus just listens as they talk.   

Xander sighs" We need to find Quade or one of his helpers before...."   

The poet shakes his head again, more vigorously then before. "No, not who be in charge of abbey when head worm is gone! Whom be in charge of healing when chef healer in gone!?!"   

Xander says, "If Leon would...get worse?..Angela is..why?""   

Zolomon frowns," Yes Leon and that Angela is the main healers...Rayen and some novices be under them   

Gorvenalus raises a paw "I know the healing arts also...I can help in the infirm as well"   

The sparrow poet shags to calm down. "Leon worm is in no condition to heal, So, the responsibility of healing fall on the second in command, right? So, can she do anything to help the foxworm now. If so, we don't need to steal from spy beast at all. If she needs herbs of some kind that she does not have, we can collect them. Only if we know we are out of options should we try to steal form the enemy."   

Gorvenalus hmmms "If ...if pictures are sent, then maybe...I know of a plant that may help. I don’t know..he tends to strengthen some things and make them moreso..dangerous"   

Zolomon frowns "Well I bally well know very little of healing, maybe how ta stop bleeding or sort of bandage...good skills when a healer is nowhere around"   

Xander says, "We still need to find whatever he keeps around..."   

"If you don't mind me saying so, if we are going to sneak into spy worm’s base," says the sparrow, "finding the poisons cannot be the only reason, Sir. Besides, did you not just say we should have a meeting?... Sir?"

Xander sighs, "You...your right..a meeting"   

Zolomon says, "That is wise, we just need to find the others...I could go"   

Gorvenalus says, "Discussing plans is always important"   

The golden eyed sparrow turned to the beaver, "Youum spoke of a plant big-tailed worm."   

Gorvenalus says, "An herb called Rue, there is none here, but it may be found in the woodlands...maybe"   

Zolomon says, "Should I go get Thunderwing and Edson, need to check on Jas anyways"   

Xander nods "But..if you’re not back in an hour or two I come looking for you, cause they were supposed to be here I just hope they didn’t find trouble”

Gorvenalus says, "I hope so as well my friend"   

"Me three!" The sparrow looks between the two beasts. "What? Meum wanted to be included on the hoping."   

Gorvenalus nods and smiles "If we get the poison to analyze that’s good as well but we need this fast or quickfast, and a couple other herbs..pictures can be found to help"   

Xander frowns as Zolomon walks off looking worried   

Gorvenalus quickly thinks and gets up "Yes...Rue...Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Cilantro, and Black Walnut...these can be found and used."   

The poet call Henry on the other paw is carefree. Infect, he can not think of anything that could ruin this day for him... except maybe his new boss get captured, but what's the likeliness of that happening right? He looks at the beaver. "Meum could fly into Mossflower and collect as much as I can before the meeting! If that's okay with you Sir?" This second comment was directed at the badger.   

Xander nods "Just...be careful" He can get use to being called sir "And then you can find Angela"   

Gorvenalus looks to the steps "I should check on the vixen and your Master Healer"   

Xander nods "Yeah...Gorvenlus..do you think I will do well as a leader? I am new at this....and guess will learn along the way"   

The black throated sparrow make a quick salute with his wing, then he takes few hops and takes off. Out the door, across the courtyard, and over the abbey wall.   

Gorvenalus says, "Sometimes the world seems against you This may leave a scar, but as do physical scar. Emotional l ones heal. The things you have learned will guide you And nothing can silence the quiet voice still inside you telling you, you are you and no one else and I feel you know who you are now, so my friend. Keep that in your heart..always"   

Xander smiles "Thanks” He decides to get his mind off things, he looks to the kitchens…maybe cookies are good at a meeting, so he heads that way.

The beaver nods “You are most welcome young one” He watches the badger walk off and then sits in a chair.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer