Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-05 06:04:50 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

IC FV RP February 5th, 2022

(Today also marks the 11th anniversary of Brian Jacques' death sad )

SCENE:

LOG:
Patch is tending to stuff behind the bar area as he also takes some mugs to be washed.The tavern is not too busy right now.   

Cota walks in and finds a place to sit.For the time being he has his hood up on his cloak,but he dosn't seem too worried about being in the tavern.A few beasts do glace at him awhile before going back to what ever they were doing.   

Blisa is doing a tour of the village. She's been up since dawn, checking on the various businesses and other places (such as the Infirmary and the mill). So far everything seems to be in order for Spring to arrive. She has taken a break to come to the tavern, in part to check and see how it's running and also to get a snack. The Chieftain breezes in, followed closely by Ferdinand the ferret, Clarissa the rat, and Hank the huge fox. The cat approaches the counter, smiling to everyone (even the newcomer hiding under his hood) as she passes them. "Hello, Patch! I'm checking on everything here in Ferravale to see if we're ready for Spring. How's the tavern going?"   

Patch nods"Things be good so far Chiefie, spring still a little ways off after all.Least thar isnt nearly as much snow this winter , last winter was ...well very bad,disliked it a lot." He looks at the cloaked figure now and sighs, he then decides to not worry, not every claoked beast is out to get him.   

Cota looks over nodding a hello.He listens slightly to the talking as he orders a drink.He has yet to speak to anyone though.   

Blisa nods. "Last Winter was terrible, to say the least. Keep a look out on everything -- your supplies, the building, and let me know if anything starts looking bad. One the weather warms up some, but before the spring rains come, we'll need to fix some of the roofs in the village. Let me know if you think the tavern could use some patching." She heads to a booth and sits, her bodyguards following like shadows. The cat orders some shrimp stew on a bed of rice with tea and apple pie. Her bodyguards order vegetable soup, cheese dumplings, and tea with more apple pie for dessert. The newcomer in his cloak isn't being treated as suspicious just yet -- it is cold, after all!   

Patch nods "I will, hmmm may be a leak in an...well kind of old room upstairs, kind of used rarely,not sure what ta do with it." He has the ordered drink for claoked beast and gets the cooks to make the chiftain and her guards food.The rat then alks over to whee the newcommer is "Hello....checking ta see how ye are, ya seem new to de area."

Cota gives a sigh as he gets his drink, he speaks "Not really new just be away a long while is all."He si[ps his drink slowly and glaces at Patch."I was in Halyard but things been a bit...well crazy there lately,so I left.Sides its a lot more quiet further into land than by the sea coast. Winter is less cold though."   

Blisa cocks an ear to listen to Patch and Cota's conversation, but for now doesn't react in any other way. "A leak? We can have the builders check it out in the next few days, Patch." She pulls out a pile of paperwork from her bag and makes a note on a list of things around town that need looked at, then moves on to other things.   

Patch nods to Blisa,"Yeah in...."He frowns as he looks upstairs and clears his throat"Yeah, as said tis barely used really..the Redwallers used it cause they needed more than one room."   

Cota decides to take the hood off now so beasts will stop stareing at him. He speaks "Is the Inn still runing? I...ummm...may need a room for the night, my parents always said it was bad ta travel at night,travel in the day if ya can.I have enough coin don't worry."   

Blisa glances over at the mouse now. "Yes, the Inn is still running and thriving. 'Tis usually not good to travel in this weather, so if you'd like to stay until Spring comes, you can find a job somewhere in Ferravale and stay in the town for free. Or you could use your coins and stay the night and leave in the morning. But I wouldn't recommend that in this cold unless you're not going any farther than Redwall."

Patch studys the mouse and speaks again "Abbey is about, little over hjalf a day away from here.Ya travel much?"   

Cota smuiles a little "Redwall Abbey..."He looks at Patch "I..don't travel much, no. I..."A frown "I acahlly grew up in Mossflower,so did my mom and Dad.Mom..she died and mot seen my dad in a while, he..sort of disappeared.He might be dead,I don't know,With how Halyard been past few seasons...."He shurgs and looks at the cat."I might stay at the abbey, or maybe here.I don't know yet. I did help run a small tavern, before it got destoyed in a bad storm.I helped cook a little,and also served food and drinks"   

Blisa raises an eyebrow. "You parents grew up here? Who were they? I might have known them." She glances at the rat. "Do you need another waiter, Patch, at least until the weather gets warmer?"   

Patch hmmms"I could use help, thar be times it gets busy in here, usually at lunch and dinner times."   

Cota replies "Cynthia and Caleb OOC note: (Not the Caleb thats active now)." He finishes his drink and seems to think on the offer of a job,"If I helped in the tavern....where would I stay ?" He decides to add one other thing.'My grandparents lived at the abbey too, and an aunt. Grandpa is dead but my Grandma is alive and hopefully my aunt also or..least I hope they are both alive anyways."   

Blisa's mouth drops open. "Caleb and Cynthia! Wait, so you must be DoraRose's grandson! What is your name? She'll be so thrilled to see you!" The cat hops up and comes over, smiling more. "Patch, you have an extra room other than the leaking one, right? Could he stay there? We can fix the leaking one now, if necessary."   

Patch nods "Yeah, de guest room I always had fer special guests like redwallers or like anyone else, important. De leaking room was..." He speaks quietly "Stripy's room, but he likely wouldnt care if it becomes a 2nd guest room later on" He gets a key and hands it to Cota, the non leaking room key.   

Cota says, "Cota "He replies as he gets the key and decids to head to the room,"We can..talk more later, goodnight"   

Blisa smiles. "Good night, Cota." When he's gone she smiles and clasps her paws. "DoraRose and LilyMoore will be so thrilled to hear he's back! I think I'll wait and see if he wants to go find them, though, before I send them a message. And we'll get Xander's old room fixed up, too, don't worry, Patch." She settles down to her food and paperwork before heading out to finish her inspection of the village.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer