Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-28 08:51:55 AM

Log-A-Log

One Less Travel Beast

****This happens about 2 days before Zoltar gets to the Hamster Settlement and burns it/destorys it...I just now posted this ****

It was freezing outside as they traveled upriver, so cold it was stupid to travel really, and the river had bits of ice in it.

Oz shivered a little as he sat in the log boat, he stayed quiet as usually making noise got him grumbled out.

Esmeray rolled her eyes and decided to place  a blanket over the badger, "There."

Zoltar looked over as he paddled "Take that off him, my servant doesn't need a blanket."

"Yeah, and if he gets ill, he is of no use to you"Esmeray replied "Then what?"

Oz smiled a faint little bit but didn't dare reply to either of them.

Zoltar grumbles and goes to shore."I am in a good mood...leave "He looks at Esmeray"Leave and live, or stay and die"

Esmeray blinked and hmmphs as she gets off the log boat, "Fine...come on brat"

Oz frowns but starts to follow her out of the boat.

Zoltar right away grabs the back of Oz's shirt"Not the cub, he belongs to.."He narrows his eyes "Me."

Esmeray backs off and hisses low, but she is smart to not argue"Fine...I hate dibbuns anyways" She walks off into the woods deciding whatever job or pay she had is over, she will need to find a new job and a place to set up camp and be warm.

Oz frowns as he watches the cat walks off, he looks back at Zoltar quietly.

Zoltar tosses the blanket into the icy river and gets them back to the middle of the river. "Ok, you paddle stripedog"

"I no know how.."Oz says quietly

Zoltar growls, ears back, and presses the paddle into the cub's paws "Learn.....if we keep going downriver instead of upriver...I     make YOU go downriver as in a free swimming lesson in an icy river in winter"He sneers "And if by some miracle you get to shore, it's getting dark...it's cold and we are miles from that stupid abbey"

Oz shivers and gulps, he tries to paddle and messes up a couple of times but he does get the log boat going upriver after a couple of minutes but it's hard work.

Zoltar grins "Your a fast learner stripedog...good"He relaxes now letting the cub paddle "We need to travel all night and into the day, hmmms round lunch should be at me,  friends cave, need to pay them a visit, claim back what is "He makes a fist"Mine"

They would travel upriver all night and to almost lunch time the next day till finally getting to a slightly creepy area of the river.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer