Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-16 07:18:43 AM

Log-A-Log

We have ta get outta here... Now!

** Quick note Zoltar doesn't show up right away,he shows up after a short while.***

WHO:

Zoltar- Evil wildcat who one day wants to be a horde leader, warrior,evil-doer

Esmeray-Healer,Fighter

Xander-Novice of Redwall

Oz- dibbun of Redwall

Ferrets-3 spoofed Ferret buddie of Zoltar(Spoofed by Zoltar but did give premission for another to spoof them once at least)

LOG:

Esmeray fixed the snowshoes and stood. She had not wanted the so-called help, but to refuse would look bad so the extra snowshoes she had, she let the badger use. A  tunnel had been made not to far away luckily, maybe she could just say she be fine the rest of the way, maybe a mistake but, "I am fine really sir badger, the tunnel goes straight to my friend's place."

Xander disliked them, it felt..strange, "I should make sure though, the abbot has mentioned a tunnel is not always safe, I could make sure the snow is packed well inside. Once at the entry the snowshoes are off, he can get them back when he exits, plus he was not walking in them that great anyways.

And company has followed them, using old boards he found in the attic, likely so old end tabletop, but hey it scoots along, then he starts to sink and cries out.

Esmeray hisses, ears back when the cub screams, she sighs and goes to grab him, she still has snowshoes on and hands him towards Xander" We have...company" She wants to say the brat followed but is wise not to."So a reason to head back...bye and thanks" She ends further down the tunnel.

Xander shakes his head, "You are grounded son. soon as we return you're talking to Abbot Benar"He sighs and follows the cat keeping Oz close, "I will after I make sure all is well with you and your friend, maybe help get you both to the abbey, trust me it be better thar than out in this stuff...lot warmer too I bet"

Oz frowns, pouts, and then clings onto his father a little while then is curious of the tunnel, the tunnel is neat...but not being grounded and then the horrible, awful, words all dibbuns dreed...sent to the abbot! He sighs and just will have to be brave, it can't be that bad...right?

Esmeray stepped out of the tunnel and in view of a small hut, the hut sat back under some trees and vines that made a sort of canopy, this caused the area to have very little snow within 10 yards of the hut. The rest of any snow was cleared slowly over the past 3-4 weeks since the storm.

Xander came along to help, also he needed a chance to get out again and this was near the  stream, but what seemed odd was..."But..I...wait, I know who lives here, well sort of know them, I chated like once. It's a rabbit family and his mate was expecting a child soon, ya know them and you should for sure stay at the abbey till winter" If the cat was a friend to the family here then Xander saw that as good, he smiled at the chance to offer some help.

Oz looked at the hut and frowned. He was still grumpy at being grounded when they got back to the abbey. But maybe he could help, be a big beast, and get not grounded? "I knock daddy?"

Esmeray stayed close, get supplies was the plan, not be followed. "No need, you two can go back to the abbey, I will get the family to the abbey."

Xander frowns as he walked closer and put the supply bag down." Well least let me see what else is needed, I can let Abbot Benar know and we can even have a room ready for the rabbits to stay."

Oz decides to go ahead to the door and knock, sides he has the chance to make a new friend, yes they may need to get a little older but the badger cub could protect the little dibbun, yeah he could show he is very helpful!

Zoltar exits the hut and smirked, well too late to hide now and he was not one to hide. He spots Oz and right away grabs for him before he has a chance to run. If he manages he smiles coldly over at Xander"If it isn't the great warrior turned novice..Xander Winters. And I wouldn't go rushing off, can you even rush anymore? As I said don't hurry off if you value the life of the brat!"

Emersay just chuckled and seemed relaxed "It seemed one wanted to check on the 3 rabbits"She smirked "That use to live here"

Oz was indeed grabbed and right away started to struggle and then goes to clap his teeth down on the wildcat.

Xander drops the bag of supplies and grips the cane he has in his paw "You.."He holds back a growl, a deep breath "Release my son and release the family that lives here...now" The last word has a bit of command to it.

Zoltar chuckles, then he is bitten and growls as blood goes down his paw" Out here!" 3 ferrets come out as Zoltar goes to give the cub to them "Keep the brat with you and don't let him rush off" Like he could go very far, there is just the tunnel, though another has been started, it's simply not in view right now. He grins at Xander"Oh the 3 rabbits...dead.But maybe I will release the cub..but on my terms"He smiles coldly.

Xander feels his anger rising but also fear, fear that he is gonna lose his son. He grips the cane"Wot are ya terms Zoltar?"

Oz whimpers as the 3 ferrets manage to hold him so he can't run or move too well.

Esmeray stays close by, curious of what is gonna happen.A small frown"Whatever ya do we can't take oh day. Abbey is gonna miss the brat..course they likely will assume it's with me and the other stripedog...like Hello can you say search party. Plus the snow", oh yes the snow...a nightmare that will take a while to go away.

Zoltar nods "My dear Esmeray..I have things covered" He looks at Xander " Fight me......you win, you and the cub can go home and I leave the area...you lose..well"He grins "Also if ya refuse ta fight......"He nods to the 3 ferrets as one draws out a dagger"The cub dies and ya get ta carry it home.."He chuckles, oh he is serious."Choose stripedog and know this, I keep my word once tis given on deals like this."

Xander's grip tightens on his staff and he stands up a little better."Fine....." He says quietly, " But just you and me, no one else"

Esmeray looked back and forth between them, a snort as she would be surprised if the wildcat didn't just say attack.

Oz whimpers a little, " I wanna go home"

Zoltar lets a grin come across his face as he draws his longsword. "Esmeray be a dear and give him your blade. See I make this fair. Just me..and   you stripedog."He will wait till he has the blade, then go in for an attack without warning as he didn't say he would wait to start, just that he honor the one on one fight!

Xander gets the blade and barely sidesteps out of the way. He takes a deep breath and angles the blade and slices at the wildcat. It's been a little while since he been in a fight, a real one anyway but he still has the warrior skills in his mind, it's just automatic for him.

Esmeray stays clear of the fight and sits on a log "I best not lost my blade Zoltar, that's my favorite blade"

Zoltar snorts"Luck" He mutters and aims a fake at the badgers right, then goes for the left side, a slice meant to hurt more than really injure right now.

Xander is skilled, even with his right side being messed up. He is staying focused, he has a purpose and that's to win this fight. He gets a slice to the side. and blocks a couple of other moves from the wildcat.

Zoltar circles the badger, looking for an opening, he watches closely as he dodges an attack, then slices again.

Xander tenses up, after maybe 10 minutes of this he is tired and growls low, he has had enough as he fakes giving up then a snarl as he suddenly slices in a diagonal line.

Zoltar chuckles as he knows the badger is tiring and goes in to stab him when the badger's blade is literally in his face! A slice from his right eye to his snout, to his left cheek, and blood rushes from the wound. A hiss, a growl as he is peeved! The blood messes with his vision, but he sees a blurry badger and goes for a leg sweep and stabs downwards in another quick move if he manages to off balance the badger. He is not really aiming for any certain area of the badger, he is peeved!

Esmeray blinks and watches in awe, a frown forms...oh boy maybe she should just leave now but she waits, for now, but is so ready to bolt if the wildcat loses.

Xander steps back and forces himself to calm, he must not let himself get angry, he has to focus. He takes his eyes off the wildcat for a brief then feels his legs swept from under him and reacts quickly managing to balance himself. He takes a deep breath then his right leg gives out as he hits a thin patch of ice and falls onto his back. The air knocked from his lungs for a brief moment, in the next moment he sucks in air as a sharp pain, Zoltar's blade enters his chest, he gets the taste of blood a few seconds later and coughs a couple of times, oh coughing hurts, his back hurts, his leg hurts and he is having trouble getting a full breath of air.

Zoltar wipes away most of the blood to see better, he chuckles as he sees his blade in the Badger's chest. He goes to place a footpaw on Xander's chest a well and push down purposely with all his weight as he goes to look him in the eye, "It seems Xander Winters....you have.."He smiles coldly as he gets a good grip on his blade and pulls the blade out as he keeps eye contact with Xander as the wildcat seems to enjoy the victory

Xander already feels weak and when the blade is removed it only causes him to lose blood from the wound faster and coat the snow slightly red as his thick cloak soaks in most of the blood. He shivers and is not clear on it it's the snow or blood lost as his eyes dim and his vision swims, he forces himself to stay awake and spits blood at Zoltar face, then coughs again, shivering now.

Esmeray slowly walks closer to the two, her eyes widen."He's..still alive?"

Oz struggles now, "Daddy, daddy!!" He bites down on a ferret's paw as the ferret's grip loosens, the cub bolts towards Xander, a ferret on his trail, and goes to knock the cub down, ready to stab him as Oz wails loudly!

Zoltar backs up and kicks Xander  as blood is spit right in his face"Your..pay fer that Stripedog!"He snaps his fingers "Kill the dibbun!"He walks further away, towards where a couple of ferrets have Oz.

Oh unwise to say, maybe Xander would have stayed down but hearing words said, he forces himself to stand without the aid of a cane and lunges at the ferret who is about to stab Oz with a snarl. He grabs the ferret by the neck and goes to snap the ferret's neck. The badger's eyes are blood red! If another ferret or maybe Esmeray is near him, they may way suffer the same fate! He breaths in and out and coughs up a little blood. He shivers and collapses onto his knees looking ready to pass out but stays barely awake as he shivers uncontrollably.

Esmeray is wise, you DON'T go near a Bloodwrath badger! She gets a good few feet away.

Zoltar watches in shock, and fear when Xander snaps the neck of not one, two ferrets. The last ferret runs into the hut and locks himself inside. Then the wildcat calms a little as he keeps his blade out and walks over kneeling in front of the badger and going to cup his paw under his chin so he can make sure he and the badger have eye contact"As I said before stripedog." His free paw plunges the blade into the badger's chest with enough strength it may come out the back, then yanks the blade back out while keeping eye contact with Xander" You...." He smiles coldly "Lost"

Xander's strength is gone as he shivers from blood loss, from being in blood wrath a few moments. His vision clears of the red but his vision is very blurred and cloudy. He can hear the wildcat, though the wildcat sounds far away. He takes in a pained breath when the blade enters his chest, and it does exit his back. What bit of life was in his eyes fade now. Before the blade is taken back out, he is dead and falls limp and lifeless to the ground.

Oz looks too scared to run, he then finds the courage to bolt towards the tunnel they came through to get here.

Esmeray gets out a blowgun, a dart, and blows hard aiming for the badger cub! A rather strong knockout dart.

Zoltar grins as he watches the life fade from Xander's eyes and seems to take great pleasure in it. and kicks him in the side letting him fall the rest of the way to the ground "Nothing like watching the life light fade from one's eyes. Makes one feel" He smiles "Alive."

Oz gets almost to the tunnel when the dart hits him and he is out cold.

Esmeray snorts"We need ta get the heck outta here, those abbey beast are gonna worry after too long, now they may assume he is just staying till morning, they likely guess the stoleaway cub is with him but trust me, it gets to be mid-morning and for sure lunch and no signs of them..search party, so what now?!"

Zoltar goes to pick up Oz, he then grins at the last ferret who has ventured out "Collapse the tunnel about halfway up."The ferret goes to obey, of course, it ends up backfiring on the ferret and is gets buried in the tunnel collapse. Meanwhile the wildcat heads to an area by the steam, a small tunnel leads to a sort of drop down, he makes sure the tunnel here is collapse as well, then it's hardly more than a few yards. Before them is a frozen bit of stream"This leads to the river...not to worry further down is enough room to walk. Then I found something of interest by the bridge area."

Esmeray follows him. Every so often she looks behind her, it may be night but one never knows.

The walk isn't too long but it is an hour and half till morning, The wildcat smirks and points to a hidden tunnel, very well hidden and easy to miss, unless one is looking....the tunnel is well made and leads to a basement or cellar of some sort of tavern! A place to hide! Hide till some snow clears enough to go further! A place...Zolar seems to of found and someone else forgot, or maybe the previous owner died even, no matter the secret seems to now be in the paws of Zolar and he is using it to help him hide!

***ooc note this tunnel is real and no it's not in  Ferravale and yes it does lead to a tavern's cellar. I found this tunnel walking around out of boredom one day and was like...Zolar could of easily of found this while snooping around somewhere a couple weeks and of course would use it later on! ****

Last edited by Log-A-Log (2021-01-16 11:45:17 AM)

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer