Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-22 02:05:27 PM

Ol'random
Website

Things are settling back - LP 11/21/20

Pvt. Dom,
Sgt. Felicity,
Sgt. Terrence,
and Lt. Velm.

As a rule, Terrence avidly avoids the recreation room at all times - especially during the evening when all hares flock to waste away their free time. However, today it's mostly empty on account of the dinnertime hour in the mess, so the sergeant is taking advantage of the deserted room (and perhaps snag a drink or two from the bar while he's at it) to eat alone.

Velm slips quietly as he can into the room and goes to order an ale before sitting down at one of the tables close to Terrence.

Having settled in and pawing through an old report while eating, Terrence adjusts his spectacles. "Sah." He says in acknowledgement of the Lt yet without looking up. He's clearly engrossed in both food and book.

Velm glaces over as he takes a long drink of ale "Hallo......" He studies him and sighs "Great...someone else not fully remembering" More to himself than anyone really, yes he remembers a couple hares and oh course he remembered the badger.

Terrence tenses at Velm's words, looking up at the other hare. "Meaning what sah?" He cautiously asks after a moment. The report (and food somewhat) is somewhat forgotten now.

Velm finishes his ale before he speaks "Most I knew...heck my whole unit, was...killed in that fight, some I remember 'ere...others suppose joined later on or during that 6..or 8 season bit of time I was away, away cause of dofferent issues..till finally came back"

Ever so slightly Terrence breathes a sigh of relief. He'd expected something else, but no matter. "I see, sah." There's another pause as he thinks on how best to answer the Lt. "I was serving at the time, though due to some let's just say good luck?" The sergeant shrugs. "I was held back from going to Redwall. We all know some hares who died, o'h went missing."

Velm nods "Well...seems most were found..cept one" He dusts off some dirt on his sleeve "And that was me and I still don't fully remember it. Someone said I should be glad ta not remember maybe"

"...Perhaps they were right." Terrence goes back to his food and reading, though he does add, "I daresay I'd want to forget when us left behind were told. Fa'h as I can tell, it's one of the worst, well," the words he wants to use might not be fitting, "Losses the patrol has had. Though losses make it sound like a damned game."

Dominik had also made the assumption that the rec room would be generally empty at this time of day, and so the massive hare steps...or rather ducks...into the room. His eyes sweep over the sparsely occupied room, before he trudges his way in the general direction of the bar. A drink definitely sounded pretty good at the moment, despite the large buck really not being that big a fan of ale. He plops himself down on a stool, which creaks in protest, and he perches there, staring at the wall as he gestures to the barkeep to bring him something. Which he does, a few moments later.

Velm shrugs "A great loss....yes. But being back is good suppose also" He shakes his head "Long as hares are serious  in training, we have a small group of recruits that are....welll..need a lot of work, the main trouble left so maybe they will feel  like improoveing" He hmmms "Maybe leaving them with the new Ensign was a bad idea, but he does have ta learn to have leadership skills"

Terrence 's jaw tightens as training and recruits are mentioned. He was very much aware of their attitude, and he'd had his own plans for them - but he was wise enough to not say that now. At least not the entirety of it. "Yes, he does need to learn that." Once again he seems careful his choice of words. "I've been more o'h less in charge of the recruits - and privates - fo'h some seasons now. Dom there," he waves to the big hare who had failed to go unnoticed, "Has helped quite a fai'h bit as well in that regard. Though now days you're more prone to working with leverets, eh?" He calls over to the private.

Dominik's ears perk as he half-listens to the conversation behind him, the buck sipping from his tankard as he attempts to wind down from whatever training session he had just arrived from. A smirk slips across his muzzle as he is addressed by Terrence. "Hrm," he grunts, his ears giving a waggle. "Some days, is difficult to tell apart," he replies, his rumbly voice deadpan in his reply. "Only difference is, recruits do not draw on arms vith crayons." He shifts a little on his stool, though he had made sure to bathe after his latest bout of leveret-watching...all remnants of color in his fur having been washed out, leaving behind the mottled mahogany and white of his changing fur.

Velm also seems to think on what to say as he clears his throat "Maybe...you can help the Ensign then Sargeant...I can help with other matters, you can help best maybe with those trouble maker recruits. I do have some other things ta tend to like the infirmary...I have kind of became the main healer for now...maybe permit, we shall see wot his Lordship says I guess as I have yet to ask"

"I'd bloody-well hope recruits wouldn't draw on you," Terrence gives a look of mock horror. "Though to be quite honest I wouldn't put it past them." His expression changes to a more unreadable face as Velm speaks. "Indeed, sah, though that's what I have been doing, o'h at least that's my understanding of it. But you do as you see fit, sah."

Dominik chuckles. "In most cases, vould be too tired to even try..." he replies to Terrence. "Vich is intended result." Anyone who's happened to witness a Dominik training session likely would understand. He takes another sip from his tankard. "Training is not times for fun and games, is time for readying for battle. Vil do vat it takes to get them to understand this." He glances back over his shoulder to the other two, before his gaze returns to the wall in front of him. "Is reason vhy Dom is not liked by recuits."

Velm listens to them both and speaks "I think recruits dislike a lot of us...but yes...Sargeant would you like to take over helping Elbio with those 4 recruits? He should have some  higher rank with him who has recently trained some recruits and knows more of wot  has been happening lately, I still need to catch up sadly. I will still train the lad to fight and  give him some tips on being a furture Lt, he seems promiseing so far as I gave seen"

"Yes." Terrence starts to clean up his dishes and gently sets the old report safely out of the way. "Recruits don't much like anyone who tells them to do anything, least of thei'h drillahs." Standing he meanders over to the bar. "I'd be more worried 'bout what the privates and up think of you, Dom, as they're the ones we have to rely on in a fight. And most seem to at least respect you even with you'h oddities." Read: Erg. "As fo'h the recruits with Elbio," the sergeant leans on the bar and looks back to Velm, "I've had them training in lance-corporal Greenhill's squad when Elbio's not been around. Though I'm still waiting on a new corporal o'h two to really make a difference." He adds, pointedly, to Dom. "But we don't have any, yet."

Dominik hmmms, the large hare glancing down at Terrence as he joins him at the bar. "Is not job to get others to like, is job to make sure they can do Patrol proud in battle..." he replies. "If is needed to whip into shape and stop nonsense, send Dom's vay. Vil make sure is not causing problems for command." He glances to Velm for a moment, before looking back to Terrence. "Vas also vondering. Ven Dom vas leaving from speaking vith Felicity, you vere vanting to speak vith? Is apologizing for leaving so soon, but...had things to deal with at time."

Velm stands up and nods to Terrence "Congrats..you get to help those  4..." He hmm lost cause?..no too strong "Umm..well..help Elbio  to.." Not go insane but he doesn't say this. "Help him with thos ...recruits they need a lot...ton of help and he likely does as well..." He gets his ale and takes it with him.

It takes a moment for the sergeant to remember what Dom was talking about. "Ah yes! That." But as the lieutenant leaves and says his piece Terrence gives a farewell salute and a "Of course, sah." After a pause, the bespectacled hare looks down at his feet with a mild chuckle. "Don't suppose I should've told him 'bout how I prefah the little blightahs to be trained in groups of ten, eh?" Taking in a deep breath and sighing, the sergeant turns back around to face the bar. "About what I wanted to talk to you about, Dom, yes..." He gestures for a drink. "To make a long story short - I want you to be a corporal. O'h lance-corporal at the very least. Only problem," he takes a long draft of his rum, "Is that the good majah wants to see if you'h right capable of the rank before signing off on the idea. You understand?"

"Where y'wanna go now, Miss Rosinbloom?"  The voices in the hallway grow louder, yet the mumbled reply is still to quiet to be understood by those in the rec room.  The door opens, revealing Felicity, dressed in her uniform with a heavy shawl around her shoulders, followed by the Healer who's been taking care of her since she came back from Gorax's island.  "Oh, look, 'tis Terrence an' Dom!  I guess 'twas th'best room foh us t'go into, wot!"  Felicity smiles slightly, her gaze a little vacant, but she's obviously trying to stay present in the moment.

Dominik listens to Terrence quietly as he speaks, his eyes focused forward. Occasionally he lifts his mug to take a drink, but he generally remains silent as he mulls over what the other buck is saying. His eyes shifting down towards his tankard, he stares down at it, his ears twitching every now and then. Finally, he responds..."Dom is appreciating the recommendation, sir. And is understanding vhy is needing to prove self. But can tell you, is thinking Dom is more than capable of handling vatever it is that vil be put in his path. Just let know vat must do to prove, and vil do it to best of abilities." He hears the commotion at the door, glancing back as the door opens and Felicity enters with the healer. A smile briefly flickers upon his muzzle, and he motions for the doe to join he and Terrence at the bar. The healer gets a look. "...er, Dom vants to apologize for actions in infirmary, earlier."

"Well it's not fo'h proving anything to me, Dom." Terrence replies taking another sip. "Just to please the Majah. I'll hand those recruits we've mentioned off to you, you can sort..." Trailing off as he too hears the noise he turns with a look of surprise and steps away from the bar. "Felicity!" He's clearly in a bit of shock at seeing her up and about, though there is a wide smile on his face. "What - well, what brings you up here?" The healer is ignored by the sergeant.

Felicity smiles and slowly walks over to her friends, the Healer happily trailing behind.  "I'd gotten tired o' th'Infirm, y'know?  I wanted t'walk 'round an' see whot's goin' on."  The Healer waves a paw at Dominik.  "Oh, don't y'worry about a thing.  Y' 'elped Miss Rosinbloom, all is well."  Felicity is halfway across the room.

Dominik slips off of the stool he'd been sitting on, which likely wasn't handling the buck's weight very well in the first place, and he makes his way over towards Felicity to assist her over to where he and Terrence are, at the bar. "Good," he replies to the doe, with a wider smile. "Is good to get out, is step in right direction. Infirm is very boring, at times. No offense," he replies to the healer. Dom had definitely spent his share of time in the infirmary throughout his time in the mountain, for sure. "But is nice to see. Here, come sit by Terrence, is glad to see..." he replies with a chuckle, the buck definitely noting his expression when Felicity arrived as he leads Felicity over towards one of the barstools. "Vas just speaking of recruits, privates and leverets, and how sometimes, is hard to tell difference between them..."

Terrence also steps forward to help if needs, though now he sin't quite sure what to do, not now at least. Dom's last comment, however, seems to snap the sergeant out of his daze. "HA!" He snorts, "At least my privates should know which way to point a speah, unlike all the rest! Least I hope so." Now by the bar again, he waves vaguely at the seats. "Yes, yes, please sit. Though," he rethinks, "Admittedly you've had nothing to do but sit in the infirmary until now... "

Felicity accepts Dom's help and sits on the stool.  "Yeah, but...I've been wanderin' 'round fo' hours.  I'm a little tired."  The Healer shrugs.  "Th'Infirmary's borin' when y'got nothin' t'do.  'Tis naught but a fact.  An' y'usually can't do anythin' when you're tryin' t'get bettah, wot!"  Felicity cracks a smile at her friends when they mention the Recruits and Privates and leverets.  "Oh, they're easy t'tell apaht, wot!  Lev'rets are cute an' cuddly an' usually don't insult y', even when they'h disobeyin'.  Recruits an' Privates could nevah be described tha' way."  There's a twinkle in her eye, and for a moment the vacancy in her gaze vanishes.

Dominik grins a little to Felicity, "Yes. And also, vould never lay a paw on a leveret for any reason, even if they vere misbehaving...but definitely have no issue vith tossing recruit vith smart mouth at nearest wall..." he chuckles. "Speaking of visits to infirm, is afraid a few by recruits vere because of not listening to Dom vhile trainings..." He motions for the barkeep to bring Felicity something warm to drink, as she sits on the barstool between he and Terrence. "On same note, vas just mentioning about putting Dom in charge of private group who do not seem to listen. Vat does Felicity think of this idea?" The buck glances to his friend with an amused glance.

"Well, I've spent nearly fou'h seasons at this point whipping the privates into propah patrollah-shape, meaning Konnah and the rest," Terrence says as he sits back down, "Though I can't say much fo'h leverets or the new privates and recruits from the summah onward- which just so happen to be the ones Dom'll be dealing with. Greenhill done a bit of work with them all, but I need he'h and he'h squad to do some business up in Halyard fo'h me, so no help from them now." Taking another sip of his drink he adds with a shrug, "Of course Elbio'll be there, Brocktree knows what little that'll be."

Felicity accepts the nice warm mint tea from the barkeep.  The Healer sits down nearby, opening the book she pulls from her pocket.  "I think y'll do wonderf'lly, Dom.  Jus' try not t'break anythin', okay?"  She sips her tea.  "Maybe y'should volunteer wi' th'leverets at some point, Terrence.  'Twould be good practice should y'evah 'ave any o'y'own someday."  That's awkward, seeing as how they're kind of in a relationship, but she easily moves on after sipping her tea again.  "'As Whisowski shown any improvement?"  She'll be displeased but not surprised to hear that this Private is as chauvinistic as ever, not really complying with commands unless they are told to him by a male.  He also is still pretty open about how females, in his opinion, should just stay home and cook and tend to the Dibbuns.  All this will not surprise Felicity in the least.

Dominik chuckles at the mention of Konnor, the buck certainly recalling his previous interactions with him, and how the smaller buck seems to be quite terrified of him. For good reason, of course...after all, he was holed up in a cave with him for awhile when Dom was in the swamps...but alas. "Hmm. If Terrence has any issues vith this Konnor, send him down to catacombs, to see Dom. Dom vil introduce him to...old friend." The large buck grins, knowing how much Konnor enjoyed the company of Blorg. "But yes, thank you, Felicity. Dom vil try not to break anything...or anyone." He chuckles. As this Whisowski fellow is mentioned, Dom's ears perk with interest. He also nods as Felicity mentions Terrence spending time with the leverets. He seems to think it is a good idea as well. "Yes, is definitely good idea for Terrence to spend time vith leverets. Is...a learning experience, but...vil also help with patience. And vil help vith one's art skills, and also how to clean paint out of everything."

"No, no! No need, Dom!" Terrence says rather hastily as Konner is brought up. "He was actually the third candidate fo'h corporalship and is quite a good private now, plus it wouldn't do to go traumatizing you'h rivals!" As for the leverets he takes along draft of his rum. "Maybe. But it'll have to wait until things are back to normal in terms of the patrol, o'h if I trusted Zolomon to help with the tra-, well..." He thinks better of what he was going to say. "Which evah comes first, eh? I'm not Eagan to deal with paint. As fo'h Whisowski, Whisowski..." It takes the sergeant a moment to remember the name and unpleasant hare. "Ah yes. Him. I actually haven't heard much as a peep from him, though I haven't seen much eithah now that I recall - I put him with my main patrol fo'h them to sort him out." There's a beat. "I should probably check in on them as I can't remembah the last time he was on parade, o'h in the squad..."

Felicity scowls into her tea.  "If th' 'are in charge o' y'Patrol is a doe, he prob'ly is refusin' t'go 'cause o' tha'."  She then shakes her head and goes to pat Terrence on the arm.  "I guess I'll 'ave t'maybe 'elp Zolomon at some point s'y'c'n take a break from drills an' such and 'elp wi' Julia.  Don't y'think 'e'd do well, Dom?  I think 'e would."  She's mostly just wanting to test him...and possibly make him cry.  That could be it too.  Which would be a sign she's getting better.

Dominik chuckles at Terrence. "Well, is good thing that he is learning lesson, then. Dom has done nothink but help him, and is never given thanks." He grins for a moment. "But is glad to hear he is doing well." He gives a nod of his head as Felicity mentions Terrence doing well with Julia. "Oh yes, is thinking Terrence would do very well vith leetle Julia!" he agrees. He reaches over to give Terrence a light poke with a paw. "She likes Terrence, always tells Dom this ven he is vatching her. I mean, she doesn't like as much as Dom, but..." he grins, teasing, with a light shrug. "Leetle Julia is very vell behaved ven she likes you, so, should help a bit if you do vatch her."

"It is Greenhill's unit... and the othah veterans." The sergeant grimaces. "Though she's been around the woods and back, so I'd say it's fifty-fifty on whethah Worshk-Whats-his-name 'deserted' o'h his squamates dumped him in the sea..." Terrence finishes his drink. "But no mattah. Zolomon, well." He chuckles, shaking his head. "The good sergeant I think would fare well, knowing his most /prestigious/ track record with the leverets." When Dom pokes him and speaks he goes a bit red. "Ah. She does? Always thought she hated me fo'h taking that daggah from he'h seasons ago."

Felicity's head sinks towards her chest a little.  She jerks upright and finishes her tea.  The Healer stands, closing her book and putting it back in her pocket.  "Let's get back t'th'Infirmary an' get y'some rest."  Felicity nods and stands, smiling wearily at her friends.  "I'll see y'latah.  'Ave a good ev'ning."  And the does slowly leave the room, the Sergeant tiredly leaning on the Healer.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer