Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-27 06:21:37 PM

oz

Fluffball Wants You For Dinner!- Missing Abbot Log

Quade having the whole two escaped and he hopes died thing, he decides its best to move the captives he has left, which is easy he just placed sleeping herbs in their food and then moved them to a better and large cell! This one further away and better hidden, they will wake in a different place, but hey its safer here so no cave-ins so that’s a plus...right?   

The horde beast don’t question their leader too much they just obey or well face death it would seem.   

Quade makes sure it’s locked and guards don't leave, AT ALL, and grins "I am off to poison a caretaker, he is getting to close...oh and I need...Fluffball."   

A fox whimpers "Umm....why boss, he shouldn't be woken up." No one seems to like...Fluffball.

Quade sighs "I need him...now or do I need to skin someone!!!"   

A couple beasts quickly fetch……. Fluffball and bring him to Quade and then back far..FAR..away   

Quade grins "There is my boy...my pretty boy..yes daddy’s boy" It’s a freckling large Wolverine! He smiles "Your gonna help daddy." He gets the chain and leads it away. it obeys him....wow   

And the horde beast just stay behind, yeah not going near.....Fluffball   

Quade smiles "Come Fluffball I have a treat for you..I do...in the woods, I will leave you there and then daddy needs to take care of someone at the abbey...yes he does" He then leaves, with ....Fluffball. Who is he after in the woods?   

Xander limped along a path along the river, his leg wound had reopened when he tripped over a broken log. He looked around as he held his cloak around him and started to walk across some snow, he almost slipped due to ice and then a sound he wished he never heard, cracking ice made him start to quickly back up. He panted as he barely avoided sinking under the ice and gulped slightly. He was cold and he was hungry and when he tried to start a fire it just went out twice due to the windy night.

Close by watching the badger was the robin Kurt, he then flew off and landed near his boss.

Quade nodded once to the bird “So, does he need less hope? I so had hoped I could have a real body, but whatever as one can’t always get their way.” He starts to walk near the badger, well least this way he will be telling the truth when he says he was looking for him. ”Xander….”

Xander jumps at the voice and then frowns..”Quade..w…what do you want?”

Quade, so good at lying as he fakes a frown” There was a terrible accident,  and I am afraid to say  there was a failed rescue of Benar and a couple others…if only we could of found them sooner, but you ran off and didn’t help us and now…”

Xander frowns “W..What? Is the abbot?” He thinks the worse, and it only makes him feel worse.

Quade doesn’t really answer that, he keeps a monotone look, but there is something he believes..course it’s not Abbot Benar he speaks of, he speaks of another Abbot…”The Abbot and Lilymoore are dead.”

Xander feels the tears go down his face. He then stands and tenses up as his leg hurts”I..I…” He shakes his head and starts to walk off, he isn’t sure where he will go…maybe he can live in Halyard or maybe find a ship and figure out where Takeo and the twins are, but he feels  he no longer wants to be here.

Kurt lands beside Quade and watches the badger walk off “So…that’s it?”

Quade is silent, he watches the badger and then whistles ..calling someone…something.

Fluffball appears, the Wolverine…yes a pet Wolverine! He seems happy to be by the squirrel.

Quade smiles and ruffles Fluff ball’s head fur, “Ok..daddys boy want lunch….”He points to the badger.

Xander is still in sight, he is walking slow after all with his limp. Head down and his alertness now.

Fluffball snorts and shows his fangs.

Quade utters two words “Kill him” =Said something like this, but its Quade sending his pet Wolverine after Xander https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v … tion=click

Xander stops and turns around and his eyes widen in shock as he runs and trips sliding onto thin ice, “What the ------“ It’s a good thing no one is here to hear him cuss, he probably be lectured.

Fluffball is just thinking lunch and snarls at the badger and snaps at him once he gets close.

Xander drawled his sword and then jumped back as it snapped at his leg and swinged his blade at it, and then turned and ran, it was ok to run his uncle Zee even told him, boy it’s not a bad thing to run.
==meanwhile==

Thunderwing was on the shore catching fishes since parts of the river was deiced.

Gorvenalus came up the river path, he slowed when he saw the eagle and backed up.

Thunderwing looked at the beaver “I Thunderwing, I friend to all woodlanders…whoa you?”

Gorvenalus blinks “Gorvenalus..I..a mouse maid, Lilymoore is at a campsite I cannot go far from her..”

Thunderwing is right away at his side “Friend Leon’s eggchick…where she, Thunderwing go to, Thunderwing protect…bring Leon’s eggchick to Abbey of Red”

Gorvenalus nods “Yes..that may be best to do…thank you” He decides to trust the bird, the maid is safer with him and he seems to know her, now to find this..Abbey of Red?

==A half Hour later==

Gorvenalus was coming up the path, he trusted the eagle to keep an eye on the mouse maid and bring her home once she woke up, he felt he could avoid trouble  better without  trouble alone, he didn’t want to risk Lilymoore's life

Fluffball  yipes as the blade cuts into his face, he still races  after the badger, snarling and dipping gross spit everywhere.

Xander couldn’t run too much and his leg started hurting him again, he looked up in time to run into the beaver and gasped, “I’m Sorry I’m sorry….I didn’t mean to it is after me!”

Gorvenalus is knocked down and blinks “A what is after you young one?” He looks over the badgers shoulder and if he could go pale he would “Oh my!” He stands and helps Xander up and about drops his glasses “What is that thing!”

Fluffball is a wolverine! And he has sharp teeth and claws and likes meat,  and the beaver and badger look delicious!

Xander frowns “I don’t know..Run or something” He frowns and stays in front of the beaver, blade out. “I..I..I think it wants to eat us”

Gorvenalus frowns in fear “A beast eat another beast, that’s horrible”

Fluffball circles the two and then jumps at the badger again aiming to bite him!

Xander gasps as the Wolverine bites into his already hurt leg and he yells out he pain, he stabs down at the Wolverine

Gorvenalus watches and looks around finding a large stick he goes to swing it at the creature “Leave the badger alone!!”

Fluffball yipes and claws at Xander when the blade sinks into his back, then the beaver hits him with a stick and he tumbles onto some ice under the snow, he growls and lunges at the beaver fangs open!

Xander  eyes go wide and he goes to knock the Wolverine away from Gorvenalus, using all the strength he has.

Gorvenalus gasps and sidesteps barely in time, a claw tears into his robes.

Fluffball yipes and tumbles with the badger onto the ice, he growls and goes to bite down on the badger’s leg or arm whatever is closer.

Xander feels himself go into a roll with the Wolverine, He grips his blade tightly and  kicks Fluffball  away as he slides and frowns, eyes wide..this is the river, he is on very THIN ICE in the middle of the river, he shivers and slowly tries to move off it, fear on his face.

Gorvenalus looks over at them and frowns “Oh dear me don’t Move!..Spread out and move slowly!”

Fluffball has no clue of the danger, he is kicked away and stands and leaps at the badger, then the ice cracks and he yipes loudly as he sinks, he jumps up and breaks more ice and snaps at the badger as if it’s the badger’s fault he  is suddenly cold!

Xander moves slowly, slides his blade to the shore and then his eyes widen in pure fear as the wolverine connects with his arm and he is dragged into the cold waters. He panics and kicks at the creature and even goes to bite its snout to let go of him….bad idea as water starts to go into his nose and he panics more and sinks, his lungs hurt, his nose hurts and his vision swirls.

Gorvenalus jumps in and starts swimming down, he is a beaver and they can swim in icy water. He  pries  the  wolverine off Xander’s arm if needed and then starts to bring him to the surface and  as quick as he can to the shoreline as he rubs his back and pats his shoulder blades a few times “Young one…Young one are you ok?”

Fluffball sinks, he kicks and lets go of the badger on his own as he sinks to the bottom of the river, never to rise again. With the wounds and the ice cold…yeah he is dead.

Xander feels himself lifted up and then gasps the welcoming air once he surfaces and coughs, barfs up water and shivers…he looks weakly at the beaver and looks ready to pass out. His leg hurt more in the same place and his arm is hurt too now.

Gorvenalus frowns and goes to help him “You have to stand…come on we can lean on one another my young one…a direction , I need a direction”

“Stripy!!!” Patch comes out of nowhere and looks at the beaver and Xander “Follow me..to Redwall, come on!”

Xander stands shakily and leans on the beaver, he shivers..”C.c..cold” He looks at the rat “P..P..Patch..”

Gorvenalus looks to the rat, unsure and then to Xander as he tries to help him stand, ”There is a young mouse maid…an eagle named Thunderwing watches her not far from here.”

Patch walks over “Oh she be fine with that large bird, trust me..let’s get ya to Redwall” He leads the way as far as the dirt road, a little south of the Black Gull and points “See large red abbey….go there” He then heads back to where the mentioned mouse maid is and the eagle. The eagle isn’t hungry ….right?

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer