Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-20 06:35:14 PM

oz

Victory Feast At Salamandstron!-DibbunSlavers TP LOG

Who:

Ummm...a lot of beasts, too many count!

LOG:

Salamandastron is not used to guests or such a vast array of small guests.   

But General Quinten, his staff and the Kitchen staff have done their best and the great hall is festooned with streamers and paper chains, lanterns and whilst outside the tag end of Summer has dissolved into a storm that is all rain and lightning and wind here in the depths of the mountain it can barely be heard.   

It's not quite a Redwall feast, the variety of food is not quite as broad but the quantity, well the quantity more then makes up for it. The tables along the far wall next to the door to the kitchen are groaning under the weight of salads, pies, quiches, desserts, cakes, trifles, more salad, these ones with nuts. A gigantic punch bowl full of Strawberry Fizz, several kegs of wine, and the single remaining barrel of Lord Ciocan's October Ale.   

The table itself has a Sergeant of the Home Guard and five chefs standing guard over it to keep the circling, hungry hares of the Long Patrol and the dibbuns of Redwall away from it until Lord Ciocan says they can start. Matilda is entertaining everyone with a deft display of swordsmanship in the middle of the wide open space in the middle of the hall. She is whirling and spinning, the sword of Martin the Warrior gleaming and sparkling, slicing and whirling back and forth as she dances nimbly on her feet, the sword flickers out and an apple that Oswald tossed into the airdrops back down perfectly peeled and sliced into pieces, the core bouncing into a bin nearby.   

Several beasts oooooh and clap and cheer as the Hedgehog draws her dance like motions to an end by slicing through two candles the GUOSIM shrew throws into the air. The two lengths of wax fall away but the whick drifts down through the air, perfectly shorn from the candles interior to land on Matilda's outstretched hand as the Champion of Redwall bows to Ciocan.   

His lordship claps from the doorway where he is standing with General Quinten. He then makes his way through the crowd with a warm smile for everyone and approaches his large chair. Settling into the heavy, sandstone carved chair he nods to Quinten who lifts his voice and bellows over the noise, loudly enough to cut everyone off, "Give heed, the Badger Lord Ciocan, Guardian of the Western Shore, Master of Salamandastron, Leader of the Long Patrol."   

With silence, well mostly silence, some of the younger dibbuns are still making noise the Badger Lord speaks, "Welcome everyone, and thank you for coming. Now I am not Abbot Benar, I don't have a fancy speech written, all I wanted to say was... thank you, today... today is a joyous occasion, a victory to be celebrated so.... let's begin."   

He thumped one hand to the left and knocked the bung into the tankard of October Ale and lets it spill out into a tankard and starts to fill tankard after tankard hand them out to people. Quinten meanwhile starts to serve the strawberry fizz to all the little ones as the buffet tables are declared open!   

Zolomon was always on time for a feast! Then what hare is not on time for a feast, after all, a hare missing food would be odd.   

Old Major Pete has even come into the feast, a couple of privates who get some food go back to sentry duty as someone has to after all.   

Donica smiles as she gets her food and some ale as well and watches everyone "This is nice and I am glad the mission was successful.I wonder whom all will tag along and go on to the abbey place?"   

Felicity is conspicuously absent from the festivities. She's being kept in the Infirmary while the Healers try to figure out a way to get through to her and get her to start responding. So far, no luck. Julia is upset and has been since the heroes arrived back. She has not been allowed to see her sister because the other adults are concerned about how both of them might react. However, she has slipped her and her doll into their new dresses for the feast. She's quiet, but with the DAB, that could always be a bad sign.   

The Redwall Dibbuns have been somewhat timid since they arrived, but they seem mostly okay since DoraRose is leading them in. They're all dressed in clean clothes, not fancy, but clean and nice. Squirrelbabe is acting like she knows exactly what to do, and honestly is leading the other Dibbuns at least as much as DoraRose is. They all sit and behave mostly well, although there may or may not be the beginnings of a food fight that had to be stopped by the mouse Warrior.   

Varus is dressed in his dress uniform, his array of medals polished to a dazzling shines. He's got an arm around his wife, Olivia, whom is likewise in a flowing dress of blue, though the insignia of her rank of Lieutenant is quite visible fastened to the right shoulder of her dress. Varus and his wife, after Ciocan has finished speaking, stop near him briefly, and Varus gives a smart salute. "Sah. Spiffy show, wot wot. Spiffy indeed."   

Koda is helping to serve the food and drink and will get his own and sit down after most have gotten some food and drink of their own.   

Gregorian has attended in his best dress uniform as well but slouched back in a chair watching the sword display he was looking quite relaxed. He sat up a little when the badger lord began to speak. He raised his drink at the end but doesn't get up to gather food immediately, he's letting the crowd around the table die down a bit first. Grace was off somewhere with all the other dibbuns, enjoying meeting new beasts.   

Keldorn is sitting near Keifer as the two chat among them selfs, and the shrew chuckles at something said by the hare. They will get some food and drink also once the line eases a little, he does raise a glass to the victory and smiles "A victory is always good!"   

Leigh enters the room a little late and has braided some flowers into her head fur, she smiles and greets beasts as she enters the room.   

Xander raises a mug and nods, he has been quiet today and had a little help to get here and sit down as the staff he has borrowed since he has been here resting near his chair. He has yet to get up to get anything to eat or drink, though he does have some tea he is sipping right now.   

Rufus peeks inside and has decided to join in on the fun as well, he goes to stay near Ciocan as he looks around "Lot of beasties in one place, is interesting yark"   

Cole and Slaw come in, fight over a pie till they get a glare from a Sargeant and then get their food and drink and quickly sit down.

Ciocan looks at Varus and Olivia and holds out a hand to grasp the Major's forearm in his own, "Thanks Varus, I hate speaking in front of crowds," He rumbles softly, "But thank you, without you and the other officers under you we would not have had such a smooth ride," the badger lord then offered Olivia a smile, "Nice to see you too Olivia, now both of you enjoy yourself."   

Oswald meanwhile gets up and walks over to Leigh and offers her his hands, "Hello my love, how are you doing darling?" he smiles warmly, "Care to join me for dinner?"   

Matilda advances on the food table, the sword of Martin back in its sheath at her hip and the crowd of very hungry long patrol hares melt out of her way. No one is foolish enough to jostle or jab elbows at the hedgehog. There is some music, the Long Patrol Marching Band are performing some very uplifting music and a bunch of the Home Guard and non-patrol hares who usually look after the leverets are taking care of Redwall Dibbuns, making sure they have food and enough to eat and behave themselves.   

Zolomon grins"I say a feast is always grand, and fun too" Pete just rolls his eyes at the Sargeant as he quietly eats some food, it would seem Pete isn't one to chat a lot of the time unless it's important to do so.   

Varus smiles and inclines his head respectfully. "I thank y', Sah," he replies. Olivia also nods her head. "Thank you." She turns and watches the dibbuns and leverets mingling, and chuckles. "This will surely be a night to remember for many seasons."   

Oz just looks around wide-eyed at all the beasts here, he even giggles at one of the hares, one gets a little too close and the tiny badger grabs their ear as they let it get too close. Ciana is the only hare dibbun not from here, or really the abbey for that long she had been at the abbey a few days maybe so she is just extra quiet.)   

Leigh smiles and takes Oswald paw " That would be lovely dear, I am sure we can find a good place to sit."   

Isa is with the dibbuns, waiting impatiently for food. She'd wanted to watch the storm for longer originally but the promise of food was effective bribery. The moment she has food though she quietly waits for a moment for the adults to stop paying attention and then she ducks under the table, taking her plate with her to sit on the floor under the table and eat there.   

Donica eats quietly and smiles, this is a good day. A hare asks if she is going to the abbey, she replies "I may just stay here, they may need some help after all and it be good to have another healer here, that and have some training to catch up on wot"   

Koda finally gets his own food and sits down in a chair once he finds one and looks around, there is a lot here, some he knows and some he does not know.   

Xander leans back in his chair, he then goes to slowly stand and frowns a bit. Getting the staff he uses it to help him go over to get a plate of food and something to drink. It's clear he dislikes the staff he has, he dislikes not being able to walk without it but it could be a lot worse as he has been told a lot. He is alive after all,   

Rufus yarks, he looks over at a couple of hares who seem very unsure of a seagull being in here, but decide to just not say anything about it as one gives the seagull some fish and rice cakes, to which the bird nods his thanks.   

Keldorn sips some ale " I will be glad once we get back to Mossflower, I have missed the GUOSIM camp"   

Gregorian frowns slightly for the gull, he never has been fond of the birds. With the food table clearing though he finally gets up to claim himself some dinner. He gives Xander a brief nod as the badger's by the table already "Evenin'. Yah lookin' bettah than the first time we saw yah on the beach"    -   

Oswald smiles and leads Leigh over toward the buffet table, "So when did we want to set the date? When we get home to the camp? Or ask the Abbot?" He holds out a plate for the shrew maiden and smiles at her.   

Ciocan meanwhile has settled back in his chair and is just watching everyone having a lovely time, smiling as he accepts a plate of pie and salad and smiles at everyone, it is so very nice to see everyone having a good time.   

The dibbuns meanwhile are being fed and given drinks, the helpers Quinten has drafted in to help look after them know what they are about for the most part. Mothers and nursery workers themselves have a good idea of how to handle little ones.   

Zolomon watches Xander and motions for a private to help him if needed. He sips some ale and smiles "I might jolly well head ta Redwall after all...have a feeling might need me seeing as Felicity is clearly staying...likely means Terrence will stay too, guess will have ta see if they want me to come along, and be nice to visit the jolly abbey"   

Ciana starts to relax a little more and even smiles some as she enjoys the food with the other dibbuns.)   

Varus and his wife eventually drift toward the food table and toward Gregorian. Varus nods at the other buck. "Evenin', Greg," he says, casually, whilst Olivia serves herself.   

Donica nods to Zolomon "I would say ask his Lordship sur, he would know."   

Leigh smiles at Oswald " I am not sure, either Log-a-log or maybe the abbot, perhaps if we get there in time for their autumn feast, that be a good day "She will sit down when he does.   

Koda just enjoys the feast, he has not seen a feast before so this is nice for him.   

Xander nods to Gregorian "Yes sir...I am doing better, still a little unsteady when I walk. Need a better staff or a cane..."He sighs as he is gonna have to get used to the cane the rest of his life, he does let a hare help him get his plate and drink to a chair and says a thank you to the hare.   

Keifer sits at the end of one of the tables, he eats a little and that's normal for him. He then excuses himself and heads back to the infirmary.   

Keldorn waves goodbye to the healer hare and looks around, a smile here and there as today is a day to relax, they will be heading on to the abbey in a couple of days.   

Gregorian selects a few things for his plate but doesn't get far before he pauses to glance back at Varus "Majah, evenin'" he nods to the doe too "Olivia" he resumes his food gathering "Quite the spread. More tailored tah the dibbuns than usual but I shall nevah complain about an extah selection of cake" he glances back to Xander again, nodding along "Well, yah'll probably still get bettah but trust me yah can get used tah it"   

Rufus enjoys his fish and rice cakes, staying beside Ciocan he just looks around every so often at all the beasts.   

"Well when we get back to Mossflower we can decide then," Oswald says as he sits down with Leigh and settles in to just enjoying the food and spending time with his fiance.   

Cicocan meanwhile is watching the feast and the beasts, smiling as he sips on a tankard and just smiles happily, he is really very happy to see everyone having such a good time. Several of the dibbuns are getting into a grump over who drank whose drink but several of their minders move in and smooth it over and then Quinten arrives and tops everyone's drinks back up with the strawberry fizz, gathering the dibbuns around him to start telling them one of his stories.   

Zolomon looks over and chuckles "General Q seems ta get along with de little ones...that's nice" The dibbuns do calm down when a story starts and even Ciana is listening, edging closer as the story is told.   

Oz meanwhile giggles and decides some applesauce is better on the head of a hare that picked him up, he giggles loudly and then pouts when he is sat down again.

Olivia smiles to Gregorian in greeting, as she picks out a few quiches. "I *really* should avoid too much cake, really," she says with a laugh.

Keldorn watches everyone and sips some ale, a bite of pie he has, and is enjoying the feast.   

Leigh nods " yes we can decide once" She smiles " Home...do hope all is well home, everyone will be most glad to see us I am sure"   

Xander looks over at Oz as e ists back down slowly and shakes his head, he then starts to eat dinner, sips some drink every so often.   

Rufus speaks to Ciocan "Is Bunny Lord gonna need Rufus come along to the Red stone house ?"   

Donica blinks as she overhears what Rufus calls Ciocan and looks over curious, she didn't see much of the bird while on the ship.   

Ciocan looks toward Rufus, "If you would like to accompany us, Rufus that would be welcome," He smiled, "I am making the trip myself in-person to see the little ones home safe and sound. I'm not about to let anything happen to them now, I'll be taking a veritable army with me into Mossflower to keep everyone safe."   

The feast however seems to be going down well with everyone, the food and drink are flowing, the music is loud and boisterous and a space has been cleared for dancing, several hares pairing off to take a turn on the dance floor. They are shortly joined by a small stampede of dibbuns who have decided food is boring when there is dancing and they are currently bopping around, all in their styles.   

Zolomon looks over and chuckles at the dibbuns as the dibbuns dance, both the ones from the mountain and the Redwall dibbuns, both groups are getting along, hmmmmmm.....that could be good or bad. Ciana though stays at the table with little Oz who just watches and yawns, a hare maid frowns as the small badger is a very messy eater,then he is still fairly young and has barely learned how to walk or talk much yet.

Gregorian chuckles at Olivia "As should we all but yah not really livin' if yah give up cake" he glances at the dibbuns as he talks "It's nice havin' so many more youngsters around for a few days, eh? They've had a long way tah go"   

Donica watches "Well they are having fun at least...well most of them anyways"   

Xander watches quietly from where he sits, he is happy the mission went well and happy to hear they will head on to Redwall soon, but some things are clearly on his mind still as he has gone sort of quiet,   

"I know I'll be mahchin' off t' Mossflowah," Varus declares. He takes a sip of Raspberry fizz. "Somebeast 'as t' keep those hares in line, wot wot." His wife, meanwhile replies to Gregorian, "Not going to lie, it takes me back," she says. "Reminds me of Adrian at that age... Full of spunk." She frowns. "I wonder where he and Montgomery are right now..." Varus rests his paw on her shoulder. "I'm sure th' lads 're fine, mah deah..."   

Leigh smiles and enjoys her time with Oswald happy that they reunited and has rarely left his side since.   

Keldorn chuckles "All the dibbuns are getting along, is that good?" He gets some more pie and cake even and glances over at Xander and sits by hin "Are you alright Sir Xander, you are being quiet. It is good to see you are much better, even walking now."   

Rufus nods "Rufus will come, Rufus is back to flying ya ya"His feathers have come back from after his molting, that was seriously annoying too, landing is a slight issue but he is working on it.   

Gregorian finally decides he has enough on his plate to munch on a bit as he watches the dibbuns, glancing briefly at Varus "Yah off on the trip tah finish the mission then?...I'll admit I like tah see things tah the end but I requested tah remain behind" he nods at the dibbuns, focusing on Grace where she's so far behaving and eating "Yah miss a lot at that age..." a little shake of the head and he's back to talking between eating "Besides, with his lordship and myself off sailin' about the forge needs a beast tah stop and catch up with everythin' again" he glances at the pair when Adrian and Monty are mentioned though and after a pause looks back to his food "They're capable hares, I'm sure they'll be fine"   

Donica speaks "I am staying at the mountain unless they think they need an extra healer along"   

Xander replies after a while when Keldorn is beside him "Just....guess lot on me mind, and miss home "He looks at the staff he has sort of borrowed "Need a better one..."He frowns as he looks at his paw, slightly shaky but nothing near like it was and it's only sometimes now, He snorts"Also been thinking....bout change and all"   

Keldorn nods "Change can be hard at times, yes but at times it must happen"   

Varus gives Olivia's shoulder a gentle squeeze, as he looks at Gregorian. "Aye, I will," he replies. "I'll be th' most senior rankin' 'are available aftah all. Th' othah Majahs are on their own missions or off duty. Somebeast 'as t' go t' 'elp keep discipline." He looks at his wife. "I know I just got back... An' I'm goin' off again, Deah... But th' trip t' Mossflowah will be considerably shortah th'n th' trip t' Terrmont was."   

The dibbuns seem to start to finally get tried and so the helpers gather them up so they can get to beds soon to rest.   

Zolomon watches the dibbuns, then decides to walk over to Xander "Hey Xandy....ya doing ok?"   

Gregorian backs away from the food table a bit, at last, eating as he goes "It should be a simple return journey at least...Plus I'm sure when yah get there yah'll get tah enjoy anothah feast. If there was evah a reason for Redwall tah throw a party it'll be the dibbuns returnin'"   

Xander shrugs, "I...am alive" He glances around as beasts walk, some still dance or get more food, maybe even help get a dibbun off to bed here soon ."Maybe I will head to bed early"He gets up, a little shaky and frowns, he uses the staff he has and then it ends up slipping from his paw and rolling away. He grumbles and just takes a deep breath and gets the last few feet to the doorway showing he has a very bad limp, it shows a bit less with the staff though.   

Keldorn frowns and starts to go help and then sits back down as he looks at Zolomon"Maybe you coming along will also cheer sir Xander up a little"   

Zolomon frowns as his ear droops some, he watches Xander and as he gets to the doorway, he nods to Keldorn"Maybe...though likely getting back to the abbey will cheer him up even more so, or least I do hope so"   

Varus idly munches on a salad while chatting with Greg. "Anothah feast. Can't say I'm not lookin' forwahd t' that, eh wot!" He laughs heartily.   

Xander does make it to his room, steadying himself along the walls slowly   

Gregorian notices the badger losing his cane and leaving anyway but he doesn't move, it didn't look like help would be accepted anyway "A propah Redwall celebration too. They might really go all out for that...They'll be glad tah see all the younstahs home, it's been a long time since the dibbuns were lost"   

Zolomon nods "Feasts are nice....hmmms like over a season right or something?" He frowns as he had learned how long the trip to here was as they didn't come straight here after they left the abbe., a frown forms., that was a long time and still at least a month till any news, but hey good news at least would be literally at the gates soon enough

DoraRose is in the only dress she brought, and she seems tired, although her smile is there for the Dibbuns. The feast goes well from their end, and the mouse takes them off to bed when it's time. Julia goes with them, although she has been getting more and more cranky as the evening continued. However, they get to bed with no fight, and DoraRose comes back and eats more food in peace, not speaking much. She's getting worn out looking after all the tiny people. She goes to bed early, herself.

Varus nods. "I haven't experienced a propah one o' those since I was a young Lieutenant too many seasons ago t' even bloody count, wot." He sips some wine. "That was before you an' I were married, Olivia."   

Gregorian nods to Zolomon "Somethin' like that. Far too long for children tah be away from their families" a shake of his head and he looks back to Varus "Hm, I was still retired the last time I went there. Met my ex-wife in the process. It was nice tah go there without a horde tah deal with though"   

Zolomon hmmms, he nods "Well the young ones will get safe and sound back to the abbey, as well as others that went as well"   

Varus nods. "I'd said seasons ago aftah I retired th' first time that I'd take mahself t' Mossflowah one day." He shrugs. "Turns out, bein' neah th' Mountain is in mah bones." He gives his wife a squeeze around her waist, and she smiles. "That's all it ever was, dear. Idle talk. You're rooted here."   

Gregorian hehs "I was retired the last time I went tah Redwall...Though I suppose they did end up getting in tah a bit of a scrap then too, I nevah did stop carrying my hammahs with me though...As yah say, bein' retired doesn't stop yah bein' the patrol and part of the mountain"   

Varus snorts and laughs. "Sometimes lit'rally, when they re-hire y'." He raises his glass. "T' be honest, I only retired in th' first place because mah youngest was just born. 'E'll be joinin' as a Recruit next season, though, so it's only fittin' I was roped inta work..."

Zolomon finally stands and excuses himself before he slips off, likely to check on his best friend, then go to bed, its been a good day, long...but good.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer