Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-26 10:39:16 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Failed Escape Attempt !-Missing Abbot Log

Underground Prison
This is a small prison cell, large enough to fit several beasts. A light comes in from an unknown source above, but the area still gives the feel of dark, damp and death, as if it is meant to extinguish all hope. Whatever beast finds themselves trapped here, is likely to meet their demise within these exact same walls.

Marek was pacing, thinking, and every so often looking at the doorway as he tried to listen to the guards as they talked quietly in the hall, he wasn’t sure what about as he couldn’t make out all the words.   

Minsc pouts "Pacing gets one nowhere stoat, why do it to give one a headache, that one being me"   

Gorvenalus just watches quietly and sighs, he had not spoken for the past week and barely ate much or drank much of the water or little bit of food guards gave the captives. He gave some of it to others in fact.   

Benar frowns, “Maybe sitting down would be better Marek." He spoke quietly, he still had hope of escape and tried his best to keep that hope in others.   

Rowtag suddenly banged on the cell door and sneered "Hope your all uncozy cause the boss is in a bad mood."   

Marek just growls at the cat, "Well how about I make him feel better by strangling  him till he quits breathing?"   

"Now that sounds fun, by to one of you not to me" Quade's voice comes down the hall and now he is in view as he smiles coldly "My mood is not as bad as it was, see my plans are coming along nicely..I have Xander believeing his only living uncle is dead..yes he has other family but who knows where they are, they left at a time he needed them most, he also believes it’s his fault the abbey may never see dear Abbot Benar ever again...Xander ran away, and my bird friend keeps an eye on him...I plan to make his hope die even more, see it’s fun to watch hope fade...." He looks at the beaver “What say you Abbot Gorvenalus?"   

Minsc stands in front of the old beaver “Leave him alone scum or face my wrath" His voice sounds dangerous.   

Gorvenalus looks up and says nothing, his face is an unreadable look of....well nothing, his eyes are even somewhat dim when once they had sparked with hope, but that light seems to have been blow out.   

Benar looks concerned for the old beaver and lays a paw on his arm, he glances at the sleeping Lilymoore and back to where Quade and Rowtag are as he remains quiet for now.   

Rowtag steps aside and chuckles, "SO can I go finish off the stripedog yet?"   

Marek glares at Quade, "You have gone too far."   

Quade shrugs "Not far enough....your tavern may of been gotten back...so what, I plan to burn it down with your stupid mole son in it, or maybe it would be more fun to capture him and let you watch him die in front of you....oh I like the 2nd idea and no Rowtag, we need to hurt him even more and the next part of my plan will do just that....but gonna need Benar for the next part"

Minsc narrows his eyes "Get past me first Quade...you may have my sword, but I can still fight."   

Gorvenalus finally speaks, from not having spoken in days "There is no use to fight Minsc...." He looks at Quade." Why do this Quade?"   

Benar stands up and calmly speaks" I do not know what your plan is Quade, but know this harming me is the worst mistake you could ever make, you have already angered many by making me a captive. "   

Rowtag looks unhappy, but brightens a little at the chance of killing someone, he doesn't seem to care whom.   

Quade just watches them and signals for a couple foxes to come forwards, "I have not gone far enough and oh anger...yes making others angry is fun, it makes them think less and act before thinking...also not just thinking one is dead with tricks....like the blind badgers staff covered in blood...one of my own beasts blood but who would know that, and the staff broken in two....an achally dead body show to....oh let’s say Xander first, then the abbey beasts ...what fun." He nods to the foxes to enter the cell...”Not to worry Benar, I will make your death quick and painless, just hold still. See I say I found you…show your dead body to Xander first and then to the abbey…..and watch hope fade from their eyes”

Marek doesn't step aside, and this is where Quade slips and makes a mistake as for when the foxes enter, one is quickly slammed into the wall by the stoat, the other gets past him though as a snarl breaks out.   

Minsc quickly finds a couple hidden forks, yeah a strange weapon but they are still somewhat sharp and gets in front of Benar, "Stay behind me friend."   

Gorvenalus frowns, he moves to make sure the sleeping Lilymoore is kept safe, if she wakes up he will tell her to be calm and quiet.   

Benar watches the fox get past, he glances once at Lilymoore and then the beaver “If something happens and you are able, get her out of here. I will be fine" He sounds unsure but he is putting other lives ahead of his own.   

Rowtag narrows his eyes "Need some help!" As he speaks 10 rats come to his aid as he grins and draws out a dagger, "Fun time!"   

The fox that is slammed into the wall slides down, then the rats enter and the squirrel Quade narrows his eyes," Don’t let anyone get past you morons!" Well one fox is still alive and so is the rats.   

Marek takes the fox's blade and slices at the rats, beheading one and slicing one in the chest, he takes a dropped blade and tosses it to Minsc, well 2 less rats and then there is the other fox and cat, he quickly goes to fight the fox before it gets the abbot...either abbot.   

Minsc catches the blade and offers the forks to Benar, he looks at beaver "Abbot Gorvenalus...try to get out of here...get some help!" He knows the old beaver can't fight.   

Gorvenalus frowns, he looks to the sleeping mouse maid and as a rat gets up to him he hits them with his tail and knocks them out.   

Benar shakes his head, as a rat goes to grab him he surprises it by flipping it over his shoulder and onto the floor, the rat looks stunned at what just happen.   

Rowtag snorts as a couple rats turn and run, the fox fighting Marek gets stabbed in the chest and falls over dead. The cat sets his sights on Benar and smirks as he goes to slip behind him during the chaos.   

With the two foxes dead, Marek manages to clear a path to the hall "Follow me everyone" And then another rat dies as the stoat goes to start this prison break.   

Quade growls, oh no this will NOT happen as he snaps his fingers and goes to get the path blocked, they can't go too far.   

Minsc goes to help, he looks around which way to go, which way to go.....he picks a tunnel that’s not that safe looking and motions for the others to follow and hey its away from the vermin coming after them.   

Gorvenalus carefully grabs the sleeping Lilymoore, if she isn’t sleeping he would still grab her and follows his hamster friend. "Minsc...this tunnel is not safe please my friend!" He manages to get past him and looks at him "We have to go back...even if it means fighting"   

As if to show just how right he is some rocks fall and bits of dust, this causes 5 rats to flee and run back to where the cell was, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but where it goes is hard to say.   

Benar follows and frowns, "Maybe a different way is better.."   

Rowtag stays where he is and his ears flatten, the idea of being buried is not a good one, then this is just one way out....there is other ways out and that tunnel been unsafe awhile..duhh its why it’s not used, the other end is somewhat blocked and hidden by cattail plants as it’s by the river, so it’s a little muddy also but even if the river flooded the water wouldn’t get to this hideout...would it?   

Marek growls low as he watches the rats rush past, he keeps his blade griped and seems to dare the horde beast to attack him.   

Minsc has a cut on his leg, it’s not a bad one but he does trip and fall, his blade sliding away from him.   

Gorvenalus backs up after turning to see Minsc fall. Three rats lunge at him and he about stumbles backwards as he shields the mouse maid. He gasps as rocks fall and dirt and blots towards the light just as the tunnel collapse and he looks at the blocked entry to light and after laying the mouse maid down he quickly clears the way and picks her up just in time for the rest of the entry to seal off, well no flood worries now as the beaver gasps, he looks around...he has to get out of the area and he is unsure where to go, but he takes the mouse maid and quickly goes upstream a little ways. He may be safe and the mouse maid may be safe but the old beaver abbot is hopelessly lost!   

Benar gasps and avoids any injuries as he and the others are a safe distance from the cave in, he coughs at the dust "Lillymoore...Gorvenalus!"   

Rowtag hisses, well the 3 rats are....yeah dead and under the rocks, he goes to grab Benar, course he could always move out of the way.   

Marek looks in shock and horror and fears the worse "Lilymoore!!"   

Minsc blinks, "Abbot....nooooo!" No no no the beaver, his old friend is not dead, he can’t be! Tears form.   

Benar was distracted long enough to be grabbed, he kicks at the cat's leg and goes to struggle to get loose.   

Rowtag grip tightens as he puts a dagger at the squirrels throat “I have the Abbot of Redwall...."He looks at Quade, "Please...please let me kill him and we can give his head back to the abbey, hee heheheh"   

Quade walks forwards and looks to Minsc and Marek, "Drop your weapons and get back to the cell...or I give the order for my 2nd in command to kill Benar, not that I would not enjoy it...trust me I would...I could care less of that stupid mouse maid or that old beaver."

Marek growls low as tears go down his face, he throws down the blade and glares at Quade. "Your pay for this...I will rip your throat out, I will make your death slow and painful...do you hear me Quade"

Minsc stands slowly, a couple blades he has he drops and backs away "I agree with Marek....unless I get to you first" His eyes flash a moment in anger, tears go down his own face.   

Benar stays perfectly still, and calm.   

Quade smirks "Good choice...Rowtag let Benar lives for now and place him, Marek and Minsc back in the cell. A guard will be there at ALL times now. Oh don’t worry this area is safe from cave-ins....but as you can see an escape is not a good idea and it seems to have cost the lives of two friends...well Minsc guess I am keeping my promise as I did say I would save you for last and guess what....you’re the lone survivor of your village and land now.....think on that a while hero, you failed them ALL and your fail your new friends as well!" He chuckles evilly and heads down the tunnel, the safe one as his laughter echoes.

Rowtag cusses under his breath as he lowers his blade and takes Benar back to the cell and tosses him in, he waits for the stoat and hamster and then he slams the door shut and sneers as he stands guard, as does a marten.

Marek glares at Quade as he and the others are placed back in the cell, he takes a deep breath and checks on Benar, "Mr. Benar are you alright?"   

Benar is not hurt as he dusts himself off and nods "I am fine Marek, thank you for your concern." He looks to the others "Let us not give up hope, perhaps Gorvenalus and Lillymoore made it to the end of the tunnel, if they did Martin will help guild them to the abbey, to our other friends and help will be gotten. Quade has not won yet, this isn’t over.”

Minsc nods as he wipes away a tear "Benar is correct...there is hope and we shall not let it die or fade, we can’t let it die or fade. We will escape and we will succeed next time, we just need to better plan is all."   

Luckily a little later, the guards do clean up the mess, least that was nice of them but the captives are still trapped in the cell and even more guarded now. A little water is given, but not much food for the rest of the day but they are given more food and water the next day as Quade wants them to stay alive...his plans need them to stay alive....unknown to him the beaver and mouse maid are alive, but Quade does have his beasts, his bird friend keeping an eye out, just in case and they will report back to him any needed details he needs to know, orders are not to attack if they are seen, to just report to him for instructions later

==LATER IN THE EVENING==

Rowtag was still on guard duty, things had calmed down it seemed and things cleaned up. A certain tunnel was blocked off, not that it mattered it was clear it was no longer a way outside.

Quade returned and his tail was puffed out, He had cleaned up and changed but he was still annoyed as he offered the cat some wood pidgion, he even ate some and some stolen October Ale.   

Rowtag grins and gets the meat and ale, stopping after a few bits and sips "Ya ok there boss??"   

Quade drained a glass and poured more of the ale and ate half his meal before speaking "No I am not ok Rowtag. I have reason to believe the old beaver and the one mouse is dead, if they did somehow survive that then it will just slowly flood with spring here and drown them....no its that stupid blind stripedog at the abbey, he is getting too curious for his own good, he knows I am up to something but has yet to figure out an answer but I fear he is close and his trust in me is very low to none"   

Rowtag sips more ale, " I could kill him for you. He is most likely helping to look for the other stripedog...then again guess he couldn't well do that being blind"He shrugs "Wouldn't worry Quade"   

Quade asks, "Not worry? are you insane...I need to make him back off"   

Rowtag says, "Relax sir, relaxing is good fer ya and releases stress"   

Quade says, "I don't need to relax.."Then a grin forms "Relax...that's it, what an idea, some relaxing tea maybe...yes"   

Rowtag asks, "Tea?" He makes a face "What ever ya say boss abbey maybe has some, I dislike tea myself its gross"   

Quade says, "The tea wouldn't be for me you moron....its for the blind stripedog"   

Rowtag looks confused "I thought ya hated him, why would you want to give him tea to relax, don't you need it and if he thinks your not to be trusted would he really relax?"

Quade groans as he face plams, "Though me having some too would make it less...likely I was up to something...."   

Rowtag sips his ale and finishes his meal "Yeah a nice chat over tea, gain some trust back"   

Quade smirks "Mine would be normal, his not so normal....oh it will surely help him relax, relax permentally."   

Rowtag sips his ale "Permentally?..Oh!..ya mean as in dead that's funny boss...but what if you mix up the tea cups?"   

Quade rolls his eyes, "I woulnd't get the cups mixed up...sides his would be slightly discolored, not that he would notice"   

Rowtag says, "Oh ok...so ya doing this soon?"   

Quade grins "Yes very soon"

The captives are now Benar, Minsc, and Marek. Will more be captive? Maybe or maybe not…more logs soon I am sure!!!

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2017-03-27 09:04:46 AM)

Board footer