Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-24 05:19:46 AM

oz

Missing Staff And More Worries:Part 1-Redwall and Missing Abbot TP

Log
Oz-papa Oz and dibbun caretaker of Abbey
Rascal-Fox
Zolomon-Hare and archer in Defenders

**ooc note: The pond has the summer desc not the spring one right now and ICLY its Spring   **

RW Abbey: Pond

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Abbey pond is practically the place to go for relaxation.  The orchards that settle onto one side of the water hole provide decent shade for the more heated months to come.  Various types of wild flowers grow about the edge of the ground that lightly overhangs into the pond.  The pond seemingly invites one into its cool depths, which holds its fish life and multiple species of shrimp and other water dwellers.

The homely pond provides an oasis of relaxation amid the busy bustle of activity that almost always surrounds Redwall Abbey, especially in the warmer summer months when fruit and crops are to be tended to.  A cool atmosphere, added to by the pond, wafts out around the pond area and onto the grass.  The orchards simply extend that cool, providing shade and solace for those who wish to relax a little further from the sport that is usually taking place around the oh-so-popular pond.

A lush lawn, studiously kept, surrounds the pond, all the way up to the orchard edge, even entering the orchard - though tentatively.  Rushes grow in most of the shallower places on the pond's edge, but the clear water prevails, and in most places, only a bit of a muddy bank is visible and no water reeds find hospitality there.  Bugs of all types flit about the surface of the water, testing fate of those who lurk below.  Sometimes a shadow can be seen skulking about the rocks at the bottom of the clear pond, but it could very well merely be a trick of the potent summer sun.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

A warm spring day settles upon the abbey proper. The snow is all but melted, activity is coming back to Redwall as merchants start traveling the roads. Despite this it is rather quiet around the pond area. Beasts are too busy with their own duties to enjoy the finer things of life, a burden that Rascal does not have.

The red fox is looking scruffy these days, and heavier. Rascal used to keep the weight at bay with a long walk across the ramparts. These days though stepping outside the abbey buildings is a rarity. The pudgy fox is reclining on the grass, staring up at the clouds and trying to fight falling asleep after a heavy breakfast.   

Oz is grumpy this morning, his right arm still in a sling as his shoulder recovers from being out of place, yes its back in place but movement still hurts a little. He walks along muttering to himself, he did the classes he needed early today and has left the dibuns with Sister Ginny and Brother Joey for now as he walks towards the pond close to the fox.   

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, life is goooooooood. Thinks Rascal stretching out under the sun. Despite all his complaining, and near death experiences...and still having a tribe of hostile shrews out looking to deplete him there were some parts of being stuck in the abbey that were truly...memorable. It was nice to just lay back on the cool grass, letting the warm sun send Rascal into a deep sl-   

The fox's eyes widen and twitch before he lets out a loud screech. Trying to pull his tail away from the foot paw of a certain badger. "Blast it! I'm laying here! What are you? Bl-" The fox looks up to see that the badger is, indeed blind and promptly shuts his trap.   

Oz is a little startled and steps backwards and falls on a slick patch of mud, luckily he doesn't fall on the fox. He takes a deep breath and sits up before speaking with a hint of annoyance "Why are you sleeping in the middle of a pathway!" It’s also clear he doesn’t have his staff, which he has had lately, and mostly in winter when it’s slippery.."Rascal?" 

"You really need to get your eyes check." Rascal regrets the words as soon as they come out of his mouth but in for a penny in for a pound as he always says. "I'm not on the path! A few more feet and you would be having this argument with the fishes." He's still brushing his tail with his paw, wincing as he does. As he anger cools off he stands up, leaning over to offer the badger a paw and help him back up. "Are you hurt?" He says with a calmer but still stressed tone.   

Oz mutters something, but does take the offered help up.."I fell when an arrow was fired at me while I was on the wall tops, only down a couple steps but my shoulder was knocked out of place and had to be put back into place...and this morning I can't find my staff and no one else has seen it, I figured in was in the great hall since I feel asleep in the chair, but it wasn’t there and no one else seen it." 

"Well I didn't take it." A small part of Rascal feels terrible that he feels like he should clarify this. "I'm sure it's...around. Maybe it's still in your room and just...fell behind a chair or...maybe the gremlins took it." Rascal takes a small step backward to give Oz room.   

Oz dusts off some mud and shakes his head "Gremlins? And it’s not in my room, a couple novice looked and last I had it was last night in the great hall, it’s just strange for it to vanish all of a sudden" He sighs "The last couple weeks have been stresssful, also you havn't seen Xander have you he was supposed to help with a story time"   

"Oh? Did I say Gremlins? I ment to say 'DIBBUNS'." The fox shakes his head, "No I haven’t seen Xander about." Rascal scratches his own fledgling second chin. Eagles or no eagles, thinks the fox, he really does need to start jogging again. "If he were me he would probably be hiding from the little scoundrels as well..."   

Oz frowns "My dibbuns wouldn’t hide my staff and it’s not like him to go off without telling me where he was going. Guess I am a little over protective of him since his mother was...."He frowns and sits down on the grass, "You been away so most likely don’t know some of the things that’s happen the past 2-3 weeks"   

"Yeah, away." The fox laughs as he rubs the back of his neck. In truth he's been locked away in the abbey, and mostly avoiding people. Call it a part time hibernation while the world was choked by winter and his own melancholy. "Why? What's happened?"   

Oz seems at first unwilling to share and he doesn't stop a tear from going down his cheek, “Zinnia was killed by some vermin beast, some archer....most likely part of a group that has Benar and Lilymoore captive but no one has found them yet. Beast are looking for them....and most likely the same band of vermin who tried to kill me with an arrow."   

There is a long awkward silence as Rascal takes this in, his expression going from shock to fright to sadness. "I...I..."  Have been so wrapped up in my own problems I had no idea, Rascal thinks but does not say. "I'm sorry to hear that. I..." He is very glad for once that the badger is blind to the tears forming at his eyes. "I'm sorry for you...your loss. I think, I think I need to be alone for a second."

Oz nods as he stands slowly without falling," I should go inside anyways. And I would advise if you leave the abbey again to be careful on the road or in the woods, whoever is behind this has yet to be found and caught" He then slowly heads to the entry

Rascal nods his head, taking a deep breath he turns the opposite direction, maybe a walk around the pond will be good for him. Or two. The fox wipes tears from his eyes as he departs from the badger.

Oz listens as the fox walks off and then goes inside to sit in his chair in the great hall.

RW Abbey: Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.

The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.

Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.

Zolomon ears are drooped as he walking into the great hall and looks around, he sighs sounding tried and stressed.

Oz listens and speaks "Zolomon, you sound tried been doing stuff with the Defenders or whatever the group is called"

Zolomon walks over to the badger "Oz...ya seen Xander?" Oh boy, he is NOT using nicknames, and he has worry in his voice. "Please say ya...oh yeah, sorry...ya know heard him?”

Oz frowns “Xander is missing? When was the last time he was seen?"

Zolomon thinks "Gate guard said he had come back a short while early early yesterday and then left again just suddenly. Last I saw him that rude squirrel Q..Quade...made him bally well upset, I be worried as Xandy is me best best friend and I can't find him anywhere"   

Oz says, "Quade has been rather...rude lately yes. Maybe Xander is in Zee's hut in ferretvale, Zee did leave it to him after all."

Zolomon nods "I could try thar sir and Quade kicked him out of Defenders cause he said when Xander killed this fox who may or may not of been leader of this vermin horde...whatever that’s been causing problems that ..he well ruined any chance of finding Benar and Brother L's daughter....see Xandy went..well...the fox said something along the lines of how pointing an arrow at Xandy looked familiar and oh yeah just like the other two badgers but they didn’t manage to fight back, they just died and then Xandy killed the fox and like beheaded 3 other vermin and 4 other vermin like ran away and that’s when Quade showed up saying me and Xandy was supposed to wait on him but we couldn’t find him and then he went all off on Xandy and Xandy ran off in tears"   

Oz listens and grips the chair nearby "Xander went into Bloodwrath.....wait the fox must of been the one who  ...who killed Zinnia and tried to kill me"   

Zolomon nods "Yeah...but guess can say she was avenged...but still Q said some very mean things and...well he did"   

Oz holds up a paw" Ok..Ok...first thing is first, find Xander and was he hurt?"   

Zolomon says, "Yes..he had a dagger in his leg, the gate guard says Brother L was tending to it but he didn’t think he bandaged it before Xandy ran off...we could ask Brother L if Xandy said where he was going"

Oz frowns "Brother Leon was found unconscious yesterday on the steps leading to Great Hall and is in the infirm still unconscious" He shakes his head "Something is going on, I don't think Leon would fall that easily, I mean it’s possible...but unlikely"   

Zolomon asks, "Will he be ok?"   

Oz says, "I hope so..." He sighs and speaks "Also my staff is missing, not that its major to worry on but with one arm in a sling its needed more...and I am sure Leon bandaged his leg, Xander would go off without that wouldn’t think..." He then is quiet before speaking again" Find Thunderwing, you and him look for Xander and be careful..hopefully he is just at Zee's hut and not a captive or..."

Zolomon says, "Please don't say he is dead...I couldn’t stand it if I found me best friend dead and I will jolly well check the hut, and Ferravale..the woods and all over never fear Oz."And the hare races off.

Oz slowly sits down in his chair, he needs some serious destressing, but he is unsure how to be less stressed when things keep seeming to pile up.

Last edited by oz (2017-03-24 10:49:55 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer