Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-16 04:44:10 PM

oz

Not Everyone Is Getting Cheered Up Today-LP LOG

WHO:

Zolomon- Corporal, Runner and Archer in the Long Patrol

Dominik- Private and Fighter in the Long Patrol

Zeldove- Private,Fighter and Archer in the Long Patrol

Felcity- Sargent, Runner in the Long Patrol

LOG:

Salamandastron: Recovery Room
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Salamandastron *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
This is the recovery room for the Long Patrol. It is the place that, once
initially treated, injured Patrollers retire to convalesce. As such, it is
dimly but pleasantly lit, the lantern light casting a calming light on its
inhabitants. One row of cots have been provided for short term patients,
with a bedside table between each, while the long-term patients receive
considerably more comfortable lodgings. With curtains for privacy, the beds
are larger, they have extra padding, and When in season, fresh flowers are
kept in evidence. A small bookshelf with a rotating selection is kept well
stocked. The other half of the room is devoted to providing therapy to the
recovering Patrollers. All healer supplies are stored in a long row of
cabinets that line the wall from one end to the other, and from floor to
ceiling, while the rest accommodates a variety of therapy tools - light
weights, balls, jumping ropes, and other such strengthening equipment.
Crutches are hung neatly on pegs on the wall.

Dominik had spent the past couple of days holed up in the recovery room; it was the most time he'd spent outside of the catacombs since returning from the swamps, but he still kept himself sequestered away from everyone else, back in the corner. He sits on a cot by himself, his injured paw having been set and bandaged up upon first arriving. He'd been instructed to take certain medicines to keep the pain level down, and so he'd done so...and said medicines did not help with the large hare's depressed state. He'd done something terrible to someone he enjoyed being around, and so the thought of what he could do to make amends constantly revolves within his brain as he sits there slumped on his cot, his eyes fixed downwards and ears drooped.

Zolomon was chosen to bring food to anyone in the infirm, besides one hare sleeping off eating too much spicy food, he sees Dominik and slows upon entering the room.He has some soup,a roll, some apple slices and a drink of whatever is for lunch.He doesn't say anything right away and then steps slightly closer and clears his throat.

Dominik's ears twitch as he hears someone entering the infirmary and clearing their throat, and he lifts his eyes. They fall upon Zolomon, and the large hare frowns, his eyes narrowing as he stares at the other hare. His eyes shift towards the food he is holding, momentarily, before returning up to the other hare's face. He gives a soft grunt, as if asking what exactly he wants, before his eyes shift back down to his lap, where his injured paw currently rests. "...mmmrf."

Zolomon frowns and slowly moves and sits the food down on a table beside him "It's...lunch Dom, got ta eat ya know..so ya get better for friends"

Dominik's eyes fall on the food again as it is set down, and he stares at it quietly. He definitely hadn't eaten since early that morning, and so it was definitely something that was on his agenda. "Friends..." he mutters, quietly. "Hmmph. Is not sure Dom knows vat is. Or has, anymore..." He scoots himself back on his got, knees coming up to his chest, which he rests his cheek upon. "Is busy scaring most avay..."

Zolomon listens, he doesn't leave or back up, or really closer for now but he does speak "Well.....I still see ya as a friend. I am sure others do as well"

Dominik smirks as he lifts his head, eyes falling back on Zolomon. "Hmm. Out of anyvun, you shouldn't most of all. I am surprised nothink I've done has killed you, yet." The buck frowns, lifting his bandaged paw a little as he stares down at it. "Apologies for...throwing into vall. Did not mean...to push so hard..." he replies, quietly. "...is...complicated situations, sir."

Zolomon nods, "Forgiven...and all us hares are like one big family, thar for each other in good and bad times."He offers a smile, a smile usually cheers beasts up.

Dominik gives a heavy sigh, before he leans back against the wall. He is silent, for awhile, before he finally speaks again a few moments later. "...did not mean to scare leetle Grace. Now, leetle vun is afraid of Dom. Does not vant to come visit, anymore. Is understanding vhy, but...it still is not feeling goods." Dom frowns. "Is trying to think of vay to make it up to her. Am thinking all days. Cannot figure something out."

Zolomon hmmms softly "Well..make something?" He shrugs, "Tell her sorry.I don't have too much experience with kids really"

Dominik nods his head slowly as he thinks about the suggestion. "...might...be good idea. Dom...can make many things..." he smiles a little. "Vil be harder, vith broke paw, but...can try..."

Salamandastron: Level Two
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Salamandastron *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
You are in a medium-sized circular 'room' from which several passages
branch off.  Each passage fades off around a twisting corner, winding
around in the bowels of the mountain.  One passage, however, hardly more
than a short, straight hall, ends abruptly with a large wooden door - the
forge room.

Zolomon had been busy today, he got chosen to take a couple lunches to the infirm and soon found out why no one else seemed to want to go in, he sighs as he walks out of the infirm and sits on a bench in the main area, he also had a morning full of training recruits and privates in bow and arrow, as well as sling and runner drills, so he was tried and needed just a small little sit down break,

Zeldove notices the Corporal and walks over "Hallo sur..notice anything different"She smiles as she has a private uniform now, fighter rank and seems very happy about it.

Zolomon looks up and studies the haremaid and at first just shrugs, then smiles "Your a Private now."He stands and goes over to her "Congrats Zelly, well done"

Zeldove nods as she smiles wider "Thanks." She goes to hug him, if allowed, and steps back either way"I mean I knew I wouldn't stay a recruit too long already had some good fighter skills and archery skills for sure."She grins "I even know, have yet to show anyone, but I can use throwing daggers too fairly well and working on saber"

Zolomon smiles, he even returns the hug and goes to spin her around some as he chuckles, in a much better mood now "Well tis good to know other skills, even healing and maybe running...I mean don't have ta be the fastest runner after all"

Zeldove says, "I know that, I am not the best runner...but can track beasts a bit better than others can I found out, likely a skill from the Defenders.""

Zolomon nods "Not to worry your get better at some other skills, your see and your be awesome at it"

Zeldove chuckles again, "I am already awesome am I not?" She grins and sits down "Too bad the week of you being my servant is up...could always do a rematch though..winner is the losers servant fer 2 weeks"

Zolomon seems to think on it and shakes his head "Not right now..sides think learned me lesson not to make a bet I could possibly lose..or tie on"He smiles"Maybe in a couple seasons hmmmm?"

Zeldove grins "Well good..lesson learned then..so plans today?"

Zolomon shrugs as he lays down on the bench "Well...sort of free the rest of the day, even took lunch to a..hare in the infirm as seemed no one else wanted to, did some exercises and training and...paperwork all caught up so, yep rest of the day free....why?"

Zeldove replies, "Well..maybe go to Halyard, or the beach..the beach is close and be nice to just like relax on...no training or contest just relax"

Zolomon sits up "Hmms Halyard or the beach perhaps the beach, little picnic even as not had lunch"

Zeldove smiles "Well you need lunch so let's go to the beach we can be back by dinnertime, or after dinner maybe since it's a late lunch"

Felicity has been in a foul mood. Ever since she heard about Dominik's outburst in front of Grace and Gregorian, she's been doing research on craziness, mental issues, and toads in the Library and in everything she could find in the Infirmary's library. Every waking moment has been spent doing this when she didn't have other duties to attend to. She has forbidden the leverets from seeing their big friend, telling them that he's sick and can only have grown ups visit him. Since she has been spending so much time doing research, she hasn't really been seen outside of training duties. She now comes walking out of the Library, focused on the sheaf of papers in her paws, muttering quietly as she reads. She has no idea what her surroundings are besides what she needs to keep from running into things. So, yeah, she is unaware of the other hares out here.

Zolomon smiles "Picnic time it is!" He  thens sees Felicity and waves "Hey Felicity..."

Zeldove grins, she stops as she sees the Sergeant and does a bit of a salute, she also has on her new Private uniform now, fighter rank.

To say that Felicity is surprised is a bit of an understatement. The Sergeant jumps as her paws jerk up, sending her papers scattering across the floor as she automatically grabs the hilt of her short sword. "OH MY GOO---oh my wohrd, y'scared me t'death!" She starts gathering up her papers from the floor. "I see y'got entahed int'th'Patrol, Zeldove. Congratulations." She tries to smile, but it's obvious her thoughts are elsewhere. Some of her papers flew a bit farther than the others, and she sighed when she notices that.

Zolomon frowns "Sorry Sarge...let me get those"He goes to get them as he gets the papers, "Not..seen you in few days, did ya know...umm..someone is in the infirm, I took him lunch and tried ta cheer him up some."He gets more papers and holds them out to her, hopefully they are not too much out of order.

Zeldove smiles, she watches Zolomon get the papers and waits off to the side, she then speaks "I'll...go get some things for lunch, be right back"And she slips off.

The papers have notes about everything Felicity has been researching, all written in her clear, small, neat handwriting. (Paw-writing? Whatever.) "Dom? Aye, I 'eard from Greg that 'e'd 'ad a fit an' 'urt 'imself an' stuff, but I thougth 'e would've gone back down t'th'catacombs by now."She keeps getting surprised every time he's not in the Catacombs. "Wait....oh, goodness, whot did y'do t'try an' cheer 'im up?" She takes her papers and just looks at him, obviously afraid of the worst.

Zolomon frowns "Not a cartwheel don't worry. I just..listened to him talk.He was..all sad looking and then mentioned he was sorry and didn't mean to scare anyone and that no one wants him around or was his friend...I just said maybe he could...tell who ever it was sorry and maybe make something, well somehow to like..cheer another up.I have never seen Dom like that before it was so..odd. I did offer him a smile and told him how the whole Long Patrol is like a large family, he did smile a tiny..tiny bit at least, I also think he has been crying before I went in thar..seemed I was the only one to take him lunch, no one else..wanted to take lunch to the infirm and then saw..well Dom"

Felicity visibly relaxes, then she curses. "I TOLD that blasted Private t'take 'im lunch!" Grumbling slightly, she starts shuffling her papers, putting them in the correct order again. "I'm glad y'did that, though, Zolomon. 'Tis whot 'e needs. If I didn't 'ave so many duties as Sergeant, I'd spend more time wi' 'im. Thank y'for listeinin' t' 'im an' tryin' t'make 'im feel welcome. I 'ope..." she doesn't finish that sentence. She doesn't add that she hopes he will get all the way better. She doesn't say that she's worried he won't.

Zolomon asks, "I am sure de healers will help Dom out best they can, right? I mean...I seen others be like...depressed and they cheered up and what about some of the hares affected by that big siege, I know a couple whom got better and are back in the patrol now"

Zeldove walks back in with a basket she sits aside and sits on a bench quietly to wait as she glances over at the other two hares in the room.

Felicity shakes her head, keeping her gaze on her papers. "'Tisn't like that wi' Dom....those toads..." she gets a distant look on her face, her eyes looking at her papers but not really seeing them as she continues to fiddle with them. "Th'toads broke 'im, some'ow....they broke 'is mind, Zolomon. They...." she sighs and hugs her papers close to her chest. "Zolomon, they 'urt me, too. I 'ave a vague idea o' just 'ow deeply they 'urt Dom. The 'Ealahs can only do so much, an' there are some beasts 'ere who think we should ship Dom off t'somewhere, like Redwall, so we don't 'ave t'deal wi' 'im anymore. But 'e'd /nevah/ get bettah thah. I'm sure o' it. 'E's not /sad/ or /depressed/. 'Is mind is /broken/. An' it takes evah so long t'fix a broken mind, if it evah gets bettah." A tear trickles down her cheek as she hints at her fear that her friend will never be himself again.

Zolomon frowns as his ears droop "Umm..well..Redwall be ..well tis far away and yeah beast he knows would better help him out.Its ok..Felicity..please don't..cry"He goes to hug her if she allows it, if not that's ok, he is still a friend, a friend that only wants to cheer her up"Just I did learn don't say the word..toad round him, so not doing that might help too..don't give up on him though, the dom we know is in thar..he is"

Zeldove watches and is a bit too far away to hear what they are speaking of as, well..she isn't rude to walk over and interrupt them.She checks the basket and smiles, a glance over at the two as she tilts her head, a small frown starts to form .

Felicity wipes her cheeks with a paw. "I...I just 'ope y'right, Zolomon. I just want m'friend back...I'm doin' all I can, but..." she lets him hug him, not knowing Zeldove had returned. But she can reassure the other haremaid later (hopefully). "But if nobeast can mention toads..." she gets that distant look again. "If we can't talk about whot's 'urt us, can we really get bettah?"

Zolomon hugs her "Just don't..it's ok just, it will help Dom."He even wipes away one of her tears and offers his smile, hey cheer up hare here to the rescue, "We can..check on him if ya like?"

Zeldove watches and frowns, She makes a sort of sniffing noise and walks out of the room quickly, picnic basket forgotten as she suddenly decides she needs to do some training now!

Felicity nods. "Aye....I should, actually. But whot were y'an'Zeldove gonna do?" She hears the sniffling and looks back in time to see the other haremaid leave. "Oh....oh, Zolomon....Zeldove might...oh deah." She goes to place a paw on his chest. "Y'go check on Zeldove, I'll go talk t'Dom. I'll see y'latah." She heads off, figuring it'll all be fine.

Zolomon slowly turns as he catches a small bit of Zeldove, he frowns.He looks to a chair and sees..”Oh no..”The basket as he rushes over, grabs the basket and rushes after the haremaid”Zelly!!”

Last edited by oz (2020-01-16 09:24:33 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer