Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-24 10:41:19 PM

The_Brony_Marek

2 OOC TPs for 2020+Update on my Status on the Muck

First of all I want to speak to everyone directly. Over the last 8 years my interest in Redwall Muck has been slowly declining beginning with several absences that were beyond my control and spiraling down as my free-time waned and the hobbies I pursued during said free-time increasing in number. I occasionally returned to the muck as Marek or Mergleton whenever I had a good story idea for a TP or whenever the current TP peaked my interest but as time passed by that became more and more difficult to do.

So it is with a heavy heart that I tender my official retirement from Redwall Muck. For many years and many minor TPs my characters have been played by other players and now will be no different. With the exception of my current flagship character Mergleton (whom only I play) my still living characters have been passed on to my mother (better known as Oz). I will now very rarely appear on the Muck and when I do it will likely be for an OOC RP which I would very much love to do.

However there is one (or rather two) last things I would like to do; these have been story ideas I have had for many years and now I want to come to fruition: 2 OOC TPs of high quality which I hope everyone will enjoy.

TP #1: Crisis on Twin Abbeys (Hopefully Feb or Mar)

In another universe lies another version of Mossflower. It is not unlike the Mossflower that we know: Ferravale, Redwall, etc. but quite a few things are different. From this universe arrives Ormaz Redthorn who claims to be a benevolent counterpart of our world's deceased slaver warlord. On his world Ormaz leads the Mossflower Defenders in a rebellion against his brother the Supreme Ruler of Redwall: Marek Redthorn. Can he convince the heroes of Redwall-1 to aid him in his crusade before two worlds fall before the might of a sadistic tyrant? Only time will tell.

Differences between Earth-2 and Earth-1 (More Differences Always Welcome)

1. Marek and Ormaz's roles are switched and their story has a bit of a twist. Both former slavers, Ormaz came to realize that the path the brother's took was wrong while Marek's path became ever darker. I will expand on this more in some short stories posted here sometime in Janaury
2. Marek invaded Mossflower twice. While his 1st invasion was stopped at Ferravale like in our world, his 2nd invasion (far more aggressive in this universe) resulted in the near destruction of Redwall Abbey. It has now been rebuilt in Marek's image as a near impenetrable fortress and corrupted away from it's original symbol of peace into a hopeless prison of slavery.
3. A few of Redwall's inner circle (led by this universe's Abbot Gorvenalus) managed to escape with most of the Abbey's dibbuns and form a fledgling resistance they later joined Ormaz's Mossflower Defenders to form The Rebellion
4. Blisa and the rest of Sciotos's family were poisoned by Marek's forces during his 1st Invasion. Scioto however is still alive and is Chieftain of Ferravale which now stands as the headquarters of the Rebellion and the only settlement in Mossflower not controlled by Marek.
5. Oz's biological son Cole survived the avalanche that killed him in our universe (Oz's wife still died) and he acts as Head Guard of Ferravale and a founding member of the Mossflower Defenders
6. Oz has no other family besides Cole in this universe
7. Oz is still alive in this universe
8. Technology exists in this universe (weaponry is still medieval) including a visor which allows Oz to see.
9. Oak is still alive in this universe and was acting as a Double Agent for the Rebellion before he was discovered.
10. Ormaz arrived a few weeks after Marek's 2nd Invasion and founded the Mossflower Defenders upon hearing of his brother's tyranny
11. Ormaz befriend Lillymoore just as Marek did in the original timeline but was unable to save her from Marek. This permenantly scarred Ormaz and turned Dorarose down a dark path

Feel free to suggest differences of your own and we shall build this world together. I look forward to doing this and if you have suggestions for other stand alone OOC RPs don't hestitate to suggest them either.

TP #2: Crisis on Infinite Abbeys (Sometime after TP #1 is finished)

A being known only as "The Monitor" (In this story he's literally a Monitor Lizard lol) foretells an omen of the destruction of all worlds. With the help of heroes across the Mossflower Multiverse he hopes to stop this terror before it consumes all of reality.

Let's not worry too much about this one until TP #1 is over.

I love forward to hearing from you,

#2 2019-12-25 07:43:41 AM

oz

Re: 2 OOC TPs for 2020+Update on my Status on the Muck

I like the idea of a fun OOC TP...and of course done in a room that's set for OOC ONLY TP....

I also play Zolomon, I am thinking Zolomon is still around in Redwall World 2, he could still be Corporal or maybe even a Major, but that's only if he joined the Long Patrol...maybe he didn't join the Long Patrol in World 2...I will decide.

Patch I thick could be a kick butt rat, now he is based loosely off Rocket   Raccoon...maybe this version is a LOT MORE like him.More foul mouthed and rude tongue...The world 2 Patch will not run from a fight as much, he will START one...he will use poisons on beasts....he might steal something and be yelled at by Coal like..WHY!!...Yes he will be on the side of good, just..well...rude and drinks alot..gets money for things needed but its unclear how he got it...(Once he pick pocketed Marek's 2nd in command and managed to not be seen!)...

OOC TPS can be fun too, just need to be stated, as I spoke with Marek and Dorarose..OOC TP in the log title....as for my other characrters in this Redwall World 2

Oz- he was mentioned...since Redwall is a bit..welll....messd up in World 2 he wouldnt be Badger Mother there but he still act as one..sort of? But to dibbuns staying in the only place thats not in control of the evil beasts.

Patch-mentioned above

Zolomon- not sure....

Scioto - was mentioned

Gorvenalus-Mentioned

Sister Ginny-died in world 2

Well thats all...

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2019-12-25 07:51:38 AM

oz

As for IC stuff

As mentioned I will make sure Marek characters and his alts stay away from pwiping....as for what doing, and talked with Marek......

Marek,Zee,zork-OOC ONLY seeing as ICLY DEAD..but connected to keep names around.....

Mergleton-As stated under Marek;s player's control only

Silverwings- Messenger and warrior eagle, eats fish and not the best at landings...she is around and will play her..once in while.

Rupert-Recorder of Ferravale, uses big words...likely just again rarely get him on as bit hard to role play  if he is talking,..big words ya know  to cause beasts headaches tongue..otherwise a quirt rabbit who hates to be called a ahre

Minsc- another alt of Marek's I just connect to avoid pwipes...he lives in Willowbark Abbey as its champ so likely wont be at Mossflower area unless something was needed or maybe he just wants to visit?

Markalaway-still the creepy undertaker of Ferravale who rarely goes out and likes dark corners of the tavern and beasts avoid him anyways....doing his undertaker duties and still lives in his creepy hut in the middle of teh graveyard, yep...nice guy,just creepy...: Likely will rarely role play with him.

OK thats all have to say

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#4 2019-12-25 08:08:58 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

This sounds....COOL!!!!!!

I have Elibo-An LP hare

and Vilfred-Log-A-Log....

So in this World 2..where is the Long Patrol and Badger Lord? Is the Western Shores safe? Was it taken over as well? Did the Long Patrol maybe get seriously defeated in an attempt to help Redwall? I am SOOOOO CURIOUS!!!!

But YES...I like this idea and hye every good Redwall story, even OOC ONES...need a Log-A-Log around smile

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#5 2019-12-25 08:14:59 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Ideas for this OOC TP  World 2...

Maybe there is still trade along the river but parts of it is unsafe to go threw. Also maybe someone, on the side of good, found underground tunnel system, yo moles! To get around places safe and sound. Ferravale would need a much better wall system with watch towers...OHHHHHHH maybe a watch tower meeting place for the Defenders since looks like they are around in this World 2 and tech in this world......like healers give shots, there is CPR, maybe not like medical stuff is right now in the real world 2019..but slightly behind..or is it more future like tech?

How does the World 2 beasts get to the World 1?

Sounds fun I am in for some OOC  TP fun!

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#6 2019-12-25 10:35:46 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Well I suppose we'd have to talk to the Badger Lord Player if we wanted to get the Long Patrol involved but as for Salamandastron? It's still under the control of the Badger Lord. Marek only controls (most of) Mossflower.

We'll have to deal up the rosters for Mossflower Defenders and who is left of Redwall before we can really begin.

I'm hoping to have some preludes before the end of January

#7 2019-12-25 06:11:08 PM

oz

On that visor to help world 2 Oz see...think something like this from star trek

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geordi_La … aForge.jpg

Last edited by oz (2019-12-25 06:12:23 PM)

I play:

#8 2019-12-26 12:43:49 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

DoraRose-2 is not evil by any means, but she's much darker....chaotic good/lawful neutral.  I have some conflicts in mind between her and D.R.-1 (the one everybody knows and apparently loves?), so keep a look out for those as the TP occurs smile

Oz and I do most of the RPing for Ciocan, although Elmef also has the password.  Perhaps we could make up a different Badger Lord just for World-2 since so many changes in other parts of the world would have a ripple affect everywhere; thus, it could work out just fine to have a completely different Badger Lord and say that Ciocan never made it to Salamandastron...or perhaps he never even was born.

I shall also have Lenore the raven alive in World-2.  She'll probably be a mercenary, but I haven't decided much more about her.  I guess we'll find out as the TP proceeds big_smile

I will say that I will only be able to come on on Saturdays for a few months once the college semester starts on January 22nd, and I will want to also be keeping up with the IC RPs.  (My college has a block on their WiFi that prevents me from connecting to the MUCK, and I have a class on Thursdays.)  So keep in mind that this OOC TP will probably take a while to do -- as in, 2 days may take 2 months to completely RP out.  However, I will be able to write some of the conflicts between the 2 D.R.s as fanfic sort of things here on the forums (I can connect to here from my college), so I will be able to still participate in some ways on other days.

#9 2019-12-26 12:52:27 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

SOUNDS COOL

World 2...Log-A-LOg is vilfred, but a much more grumpy one and he still has his yoda like speech or  its sort of yoda like anyways...."We shall go to de river yes? And be doing the fighting of the foul vermin we will"

Let's see....meeting a more grumpy copy of himself could be interesting...also the world 2 one is missing a leg,and an arm so is like half...metal like tongue

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#10 2019-12-26 03:22:19 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

(Just make sure to not pmail Lenore, please.  Thanks wink )

#11 2019-12-28 10:17:37 PM

Leon

Earth 2- Leon never came to  abbey?

Earth 50- Leon is still alive, maybe him and Dora had more  kids...

Let's see...I am sure Cota, his son is around on some earth..world?

I also had Flint-my LP hare..maybe world/earth 2 he is alive and a Major

This could be fun

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

#12 2019-12-29 02:02:12 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I think for Earth2, we should say that Leon ane D.R. did get married and had kids, but Leon and Caleb died.  This will work for the plotline Marek is working on.  However, for another one of the worlds, we can totally say he never arrived smile

#13 2019-12-29 03:34:36 PM

Leon

Sounds good world 2- Leon and Cota died.....and Flint never got rescued from the toads. As likely wont have any of my characters in the OOC Plot...so no Leon,Caleb,Cota....none of those

I play

#14 2020-01-02 01:26:44 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Okay!

Yeah, trying to balance multiple versions of characters will be a challenge.  It's okay if you don't want to take it on.  No worries! smile

#15 2020-01-09 10:20:08 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

So..when is this OOC  stuff beginning?

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#16 2020-01-09 01:49:00 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Partially today with a sort of side-TP called "Countdown" which ties in to the other 2 TPs. Each of these "Countdown" stories are one individual RP leading up to TP #2. Most of these are going to happen during TP #1.

As for TP #1 I'm hoping to start in February.

#17 2020-01-15 06:27:31 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Wanted to give you an update on

TP #1: Crisis on Two Abbeys

Still hoping to start in February and Benar seems interested. He gave me the idea that almost all of the Redwall Leaders were killed by Marek on Earth-2 and without the abbey, things are kinda fragmented.

After Marek is defeated, Benar of Earth-1 will encourage a new stable world by making Gorvenalus of Earth-2 the new Abbot.

We can work out more details the next time Benar is on

#18 2020-01-16 07:30:36 AM

Leon

Ok so as said Benar is  liking this OOC TP idea..ok so most of Redwalls leaders died on word 2..this can help for Dora's idea of a more insane Dora..how? This is how...My idea is this..the world d 2 evil Marek likely didn't want the Master Healer alive I mean a healer SAVES beasts lives...and this Evil Marek liked hated Dorarose so badly he Killed Leon and Caleb! Right in front of her eyes and laughed about it!

Reading seen world 2..Scioto is alive and Blisa is dead...

Also looks like Benar of world 2 is dead..makes since as the abbey would for sure be in chaos then

Any other characters of mine..was Flint, an LP hare that likely  is some insane hare or dead...as he was a slave to toads 3 seasons in world 1

Cota was never born,and neither was his sister...Caleb and Cynthia did marry  but both died before any dibbuns were to be born.

Also, and got permission for this...Cynthia died world 2 also

Last edited by Leon (2020-01-16 08:05:50 AM)

I play

#19 2020-01-16 08:01:01 AM

oz

Yes further up mentions Abbot of world 2 is Gorvenalus...my thoughts...Benar left something to say Gorvenalus is abbot when I die, knowing he would die and likely Evil Maek of  earth 2 killed Benar in front of everyone.

Oz is alive  and as said since there is some..advanced tech..can see with help of a visor, he helps Govenalus get like 75% of the dibbuns out of the abbey..25% of the dibbuns we still killed.

Oz of this earth 2  can still use a staff and kick butt in a fight, he is just a lot more willing to fight since..well the abbey is basically gone in earth 2....if Cole is alive he will be less hermit like than he was in earth 1 world.

What of the abbey champion of earth 2?Maybe a new one is chosen cause earth 2's was among the killed leaders..ok so is like Gorvenalus and Oz the ONLY ones that surrived in earth 2?..Like  whoa,,that would be chaos....anyways

Ok Scioto  is alive but other family dead so expect a very easy to anger Scioto and since he survived poison has to have some sort of after effect still he has to deal with...it messed up his voice so he has a sort of harsh sound to it now...a sort raspy sound like those people who have the  tube in their throat sound, he also lost an ear,half his tail, and just to add something, his sense of smell is basically gone(Shrugs)

Ok I have nothing else to add for this OOC thing....Other than other of my characters alive is Patch

Others who died world 2= Sister Ginny(She  is main one that helped Oz with the dibbuns,she is/was a hedgehog)...Zolomon I am unsure if he died or not world 2..thoughts?

Any other thoughts and this OOC TP will be fun!

Last edited by oz (2020-01-16 08:02:41 AM)

I play:

#20 2020-01-16 09:21:15 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

OOC PLOTS ARE COOL TOO!!!

Ok so I think Vilfred is around in the earth 2 and is still Log-A-Log of the Guosim. Their camp was destroyed but most of the shrews survived so lets say he has a group of 30ish shrews in earth 2. Yeah they faired a bit better than world 1 but then again world 1 had other things going on too......

Elbio is not around

But Vilfred is smile..hey got to have a Log-A-Log for any good plot, even OOC  ones

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#21 2020-01-16 02:26:37 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Leon:  That idea for World2 sounds really good, and will help me with the way I'll be running that D.R.  smile  I'm gonna run with that, if that's okay.  In this world, LilyMoore and the good Ormaz become friends like Lily and Marek did in the IC realm, but shortly before we enter the time stream of this OOC TP, Lily2 was killed.  Angela never made it to Redwall.  So, yeah....I'ma make this D.R. about as edgy as possible without having her be full-out evil tongue

Oz:  We could make D.R.2 Champion.  shrugs  Also, you could just say that Zolomon was never even been born.  Like, his grandfather was killed in some earlier battle.

Elbio: Truth, yo.  Gotta have them Guosim smile

Board footer