Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-20 10:43:01 PM

Leon

Redwall Log-Some Days Are Odd

Oct 2nd ICLY
Redwall Log:
Leon-Brother Leon and Master Healer of Redwall Abbey
Benar-Abbot of Redwall
Volos-Visitor of Redwall
RW Abbey: Entry
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The raging fireball in the great bowl of the sky as well as the constant, sweltering heat that refuses stubbornly to ease even during the odd hours of the night herald the arrival of summer. You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages.  To the south you see a small, calm pond.  To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky.  The main building is adorned with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall. During the day, blinding golden lights washes over this humble clearing. In retaliation, the massive building, coated in a faded crimson soars towards the skies, its huge size offering valuable shade.

Flowers are in full bloom, brilliantly colored petals revealing to the Abbeybeasts in a loud, flamboyant fashion their sheer joy for living as well as their animated spirits. Luscious greens sweep the area in a subtler beauty, enhancing the vibrancy of the flora. Soft grasses cushion your footpaws, and from time to time a gentle breeze will caress through to shift the blades of grass and the small layer of dust. Though small in area, and humble compared to the other regions of the Abbey, it is quite clear that everything in this small clearing is bursting with life and at their prime; all have been touched by summer's grace. !!--!Summer is here!--!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Leon headed to the gatehouse, he had just been in the infirm and he appeared to be busy, he nods to his son “Ok Caleb get on to your lessons” The younger mouse nods and heads off.

It had been a few weeks since Volos left the abbey in search of answers elsewhere but the abbey apparently hasn't seen the last of him yet as Kris, the wildcat who serves as Volos' assistant pulls his strange cart back through the gates. Volos follows slightly behind, his attention on the main building, heading for it at his usual slow limping pace.

Benar is crossing the grounds talking to several of the order mice who work in the fields. It sounds like they are discussing the last of the harvest to be brought inside. He slows as he sees the wild cat and the mouse and raises a hand, "Volos you are back, welcome..."   

Volos' gaze slowly moves from the building and finds Benar instead "Abbot. You catch my return. Alas you have the joy of my presence once more" he's still his dry, dismissive self "I imagine your library's records are as I left them"   

Inside the gatehouse, Brother Leon is busy.

Benar says, "Indeed the Library records and the Archive are as you left them, though I am sure they have been tied and refiled and all sorts of tidying up since you were last with us. The Recorder does so like to tidy everything away."

Leon meanwhile is still inside the gatehouse finishing up writing on a couple scrolls, he glances out the window once and then gets back to looking at  a scroll to double check that he wrote all that’s needed.

"I believe I recall where I was up to, presumably they have not changed the order" he sighs and stops walking after a moment. He frowns, thoughtful and slightly aggravated by something "The workshop space you promised, is that still available?"   

Benar says, "Of course, if you need someplace to sit and work I am sure  I can find you space Volos, just remember what I said about pitching in to help out around the abbey."

Volos gestures back to Kris who's just finishing securing the cart and settling in to guard it "I promised the help of my assistant and he will provide it. Your fields only require mundane hard work, something better left to the young and able-bodied, he will be of more used to your gardens than me"   

Benar shakes his head in amusement, "well as long as your assistant does not mind helping, do they have a name?" He smiles at the wildcat, "Be welcome to the Abbey of Peace," He bows his head to them then glances at Volos, "As for workshop space I will see some is set aside. Though are you still trying to talk to the spirits of those departed?"   

Volos appears curious at the amusement "His name is Kris. He is obligated by debt to follow but if it was his wish he may do as he pleases" The cat doesn't seem unfriendly or mistreated anyway even if he's not talkative, he does raise a paw in greeting though and as soon as the cart is secured he does approach Volos again. Volos only glances back to check it's him coming closer before Benar's question causes him to pause "Perhaps...A spirit may see more than a recorder but researching the process is complicated and will take time"

Benar says, "I see, well I do wish you luck... but our records are full of the times when Martin has spoken to us. Or one of the spirits of our departed friends, they have always come to us."

"In times of crisis, yes. Your abbey does not currently appear to be in danger and you appear to have no control over this phenomenon" Volos sighs again "I can't sit and wait for ghosts to feel talkative...particularly when it's unclear if they would consider a sorcerer friend or foe"   

Benar shakes his head, "I cannot say I approve of you trying to disturb the ghosts and spirits who protect the abbey Volos. You have my blessing to stay and read our archives. But please resist any urges your research may unearth to disturb the tombs of those who guard the abbey in their sleep."   

Volos narrows his eyes on the squirrel, he's thinking but it's a minute before he speaks up again "Your disapproval is noted. I do not enjoy the prospect of speaking to the dead, perhaps the idea of ghosts is happier for those who have not endured wars...I hope to never be so desperate but hope is in short supply the longer this search takes"   

Benar looks at the self-proclaimed sorcerer and shakes his head, "I wish you luck in your research Volos but I have little wish to disturb the dead. They should be allowed to rest until such time as they decide to talk to us."   

Volos is still thoughtful "Perhaps" he starts walking towards the abbey again with Kris hesitating for a moment then heading back to the cart to keep guard on it. "But it would be helpful if they would speak up quickly, time will eventually run out"   

Benar moves to walk alongside Volos, "What is it you need to know with such urgency Volos?"   

Volos glances back at the abbot and seems to be considering his words before he speaks "Someone stole something important. A patrol brought it here to hide it, I need to know where they went"   

Benar looks down at Volos, "A patrol of who brought it here? To the Abbey or Mossflower?" he frowns, "I can't imagine a redwaller stealing anything from any beast"   

Leon exits the gatehouse with a couple scrolls, some inventory of the infirmary of whats there and needed ect. He starts to walk towards the great hall, least till he sees the abbot and then heads over towards him.   

Volos shakes his head "A patrol from a now fallen kingdom, sent by a doomed King as a last act of spite. Your abbey dwellers are innocent to this. They came from across the sea and I followed. They were headed towards Mossflower, whether they stopped here I'm unsure" he sighs heavily "A fools errand from the crown, fitting" Leon earns a glance as he gets closer but Volos is bad at greeting others.   

Benar waves a paw at Leon, "Brother Leon, good day to you my friend, I trust all is well in the Gatehouse?" He then turns back to Volos and frowns, "I see...  I  am sorry to hear your errand is so... difficult. if we can aid in any way we can, there must be a more mundane manner to track down this item."   
Leon waves " I finished inventory for the infirmary and all should be well till spring now"   

"Searching your records is the mundane manner. My hope is that they chose to visit a place so widely spoken of and were interesting enough to be of note" another glance at Leon and Volos finally nods a greeting in return.   

Benar says, "Well if they were seen they will have been recorded." he shakes his head, "I hope there is something in our records you can make use of" he glances at Leon and nods, "everything in stock?"

Leon nods "Mostly, still a couple things to get, but it’s not something that is hard to get as will be fairly easy, have some things to dry out but once it’s done it can be placed in the storage cabinet the infirmary has, and I should be able to have my surcoat and bag with supplies as I usually try to do"   

Volos nods slowly "We shall see. There are plenty of seasons yet to search" he doesn't sound particularly hopeful of the search. The conversation on the infirmary he listens to quietly for a moment before finally actually speaking to Leon "I have heard the finest healers in this land are found here, I expect this is not simply an exaggeration?"   

Benar says, "Well Leon let me know if there is anything I can help with to help you restock everything." He looks at Volos again and nods, frowning, "I hope you will join us for the Autumn feast on the twenty second of October? It will be quite the feast and lots of old history is retold then."

Leon smiles and nods "I will" He looks at the other mouse “Out healers here are very good, yes..." He nods again to Benar “History is always good to remember, the good as well as the bad times even"

"Should my search of your records continue that long I imagine I will be able to see your feast, I have certainly read accounts of many of your previous ones" Volos replies to the abbot before there's another slow nod for Leon "Noted. Though I would disagree as to the knowledge of history, there are many things that we may be happier to forget or at least allow to fade from detail"   

Benar says, "Well it would not be a trip to Redwall if you didn't stay for the feast, it'll let us thank Kris for all his assistance as well," He smiles softly, "And there are some verbal stories not written down that may come up. Things people have seen and done during the past few seasons.""

Leon says, "I am sure there is some things not recorded down yes"

"I shall endeavor to attend then" Volos replies, still thoughtful again "For now I must recall where I was in your records and enjoy the comfort of a seat. It has been a long journey back" he bows his head slightly to the pair "Good day to you both" he says before he finally crosses the last small gap to the abbey building to move inside.

Leon watches as he heads inside, nods to the abbot and goes about his day, after he makes sure to go over the scrolls with the abbot.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer