Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-07 03:37:04 PM

oz

Alone In The Cellar.....Almost-Redwall Log and also Missing Abbot Log

In Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and Dibbun caretaker of Redwall
Zarok- Young Monitor Lizard and Novice in Redwall

RW Abbey: Wine Cellar
----------------------------------------------------------
The wine cellar is cool, dry, and dimly lit. It is a very large, low room, extending far back into the Abbey's underworks. The vast space is almost entirely taken up by rack upon rack of wine bottles and ale casks, barrels of all sizes, and shelves of flagons and stoneware flasks. For all the space available, the drink here only fills a small part of it, and most of the barrels still stand empty. There have been obvious work efforts occurring here recently, and the cellar is, if emptier than seasons past, cleaner than it has been in a long while. The further corners of the cellar are hidden in shadow, and consist of many nooks and crannies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oz is down in the cellars, he has a small cup of October Ale but has yet to drink it. He took the day off from dibbun duties and been avoiding beasts, when he shouldn’t yeah but there is Leon, Lacota and Magramba to handle things and he needs to be alone. He has already tried to comfort Xander and Takeo, but now he sits here...alone...in a corner.   

Zarok wanders down into the cellar, a grim purpose in his dark eyes. Unusually, his tail is held wrapped over his shoulders so he doesn't trip, and his every motion is stiff and rigid, almost predatory.   

Oz lets out a sob and then hears clicking of claws on the steps, he coughs and listens quietly. He will get up if he has to, but for now he doesn’t.   

Zarok is given pause for a moment by the sound of Oz...crying? Usually, he'd go investigate, and do whatever he had to in order to cheer up the old badger, but he has other things on his mind. He ducks around a corner after he reaches the bottom of the steps and fiddles with something in the gap between two dust-covered casks. No words, just deadly silence other than the rasp of his breathing.   

Oz stands slowly and listens, the glass still full of ale as he walks carefully towards the sound, "Zarok?" He says, his voice sounds sore as he speaks.   

There's a moment of silence before the young monitor answers. "Yar?" He tastes the air with his tongue for a moment, then continues rifling through whatever he has stashed between the barrels. Finally, he finds it--his old vest, patched and resized to fit his stronger, larger frame over the seasons. He also finds the seashells DoraRose gave him when she returned from Salamandastron. Finally, he reaches down delicately and finds an odd brooch, which he pins to the front of the vest, shimmying out of his habit and putting the vest and a pair of tattered shorts on in its place. Finally, he turns, garbed in much the same way he was when he first came to the Abbey. But he is stronger now. "I'ma go huntin' now, Oz," He says almost sadly. "I gotta find Benar."   

Oz frowns “No one is going to...look for Abbot Benar alone..these vermin....these...." He seems to have trouble speaking" Zinnia is....cause of them"   

Zarok growls, surprisingly deep in pitch despite his youth. "Then I'll take Terfil with me. Or Dorroze. But nobeassst will hurt 'nar. An' if anybeassst looksss for him, I go with 'em." His eyes are starting to get that wild look about them, but it quickly fades as the second half of what Oz said hits him. His face softens as much as it can given that he's a reptile. "Ozzer...'m sorry." He moves forward to hug the badger, his mood quickly changing from savage and near-murderous to sympathetic.   

Oz is surprised by the hug, unlike most beasts the monitor is most likely a little taller or round same height. Tears go down His  face and he has had yet to truly let himself cry, he holds back a sob "They killed zinnia....Takeo thinks she may of...saw or overheard something...no one else should go out without a plan...no more deaths...p....p..please....." And he fails, he fails to hold back any grief  anymore and starts crying now..slowly breaking down. Just crying and letting out a sob every so often.

Zarok wraps his sturdy, thick-scaled arms tighter around Oz, holding him as close as he can without hurting him. "'m sorry," He hisses sadly. "It's 'kay tho'...jus' breathe," He soothes gently. "Jus' breathe." He lets Oz lean on him if it's needed, humming softly and reassuringly deep in his throat.   

Oz sniffs, he is this way for a good few minutes till he finally is able to stand up better and coughs a little, tears on his face. He mutters a thanks, and sits down the ale glass, "But...just...no rushing off alone Zarok. There is also a novice missing..I just hope Benar isn’t badly hurt, we just know there was an ambush and knock out darts and arrows were used, whoever did it was mainly after Abbot Benar"

Zarok nods slowly. "I'll make planz. I promissse. I'll go with Terfil, an' ssssome of the guardz, if they let me. One way or another, Benar'sss coming home. I ssswear it. Thtat'sss what I came down here for, to get my old gear and thingsss, get ready for the hunt," He explains. "If I'm gonna be fighting, I don't wanna do it in my habit...don't want to make 'em dirty." He runs a clawed paw over his sharp, serrated teeth briefly, thinking, It's been a while since I've done anything like this.   

Oz frowns "Your..a novice through" He would say he needs a weapon but monitors have teeth and claws as weapons mainly." It’s bad enough Xander tried to go off alone, and he would have if me and Takeo didn’t get him to the infirm to rest." He still seems worried Xander will try and go off again. "May be a good idea to let Blisa know and Marek, he is leader of that Defender group Xander is in"   

"I could make a run to Ferr'vale," Zarok offers. "Or we could sssend a sparrow." In response to the fact that he's a novice, he shrugs, saying, "I been fightin' since I hatched. That'ss how it worked in the cavez." He seems nonchalant about it, surprisingly. "I wanna ssave Benar. He'ssss my father and I don't wanna lose him, not now, not ever. An' whoever haz him..." He clicks his teeth together a few times, snapping those powerful jaws experimentally. "They gonna die," He finishes, with a hint of 'that's that' in his voice.   

Oz sighs as he thinks "Maybe a sparrow, not sure if Thunderwing is around...he is an eagle. I was going to have him tell a couple otters to get to the abbey, no one else is outside the abbey we need to know of, is there?"   

"Not that I can think 'f," Zarok agrees. "We could toll the bellz for a while, give the alarm call so beassssts know to get back inzide."   

Oz nods "May be a good idea, Lilymoore usually does that right?"

Zarok brightens a bit. "I'll go tell her." He stands up, gives Oz another quick hug, and bolts off in search of his cousin, the thought of the search for Benar put aside for now.   

Oz sighs as she sits down for a while before slowly standing and heading upstairs. He hears a noise and grips his staff . It’s an ambush! Dibbun style! The dibbuns have found Papa Oz and he manages a small smile, well half a day off was good.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer