Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-05 12:28:09 PM

oz

Chat In The Abbey Graveyard-Redwall Log

Redwall Log
In Log:
Zinnia-badger and niece to Oz
Oz-Papa Oz and dibbun caretaker of Redwall
-A small dream screen has Zork in it

*happened ICLY after Oz’s talk with Xander, but before Zinnia and Takeo left to check on the ship they have *
RW Abbey:Graveyard
--------------------------------------
This is a small natural clearing in the forest growth.  Ancient trees tower over the area, arching over to make an interlaced roof on the clearing, keeping the area dark and shaded through the day and night. The floor is bare except for some small plants and forest mulch.  As an entrance to this place, there are two large oaks that have branches that grew together to form a natural arch. At the foot of the largest one, between the roots, a fresh mound has been dug. In the clearing there are small patches of freshly turned earth, and rocks lining a few of them.  A burial ground.  In the shadows of this place, there is silence for the dead.
-----------------------------------------
Zinnia sat silently in front of her father’s grave, she had been there an hour so far.

Oz walked towards Zork’s grave, “Zinnia are you still here, a novice said you were.” Least he hoped she still was here.

Zinnia answers, “Yes Uncle Oz. I was just visiting papa’s grave was all. Me and Takeo are heading to the River Moss here soon as Takeo gets some supplies….we will get some other supplies at Ferravale as we would only need enough for 3-4 days.”

Oz stops beside her and nods “Is there anything you wish to talk of, you seemed a bit…upset and distant last we talked.”

Zinnia sighs “Just a lot on my mind I guess. I didn’t mean to be away as long as I was, but maybe it helped me in a small way. I meet Takeo and am very glad for him in my life, as well as the twins but I wish I had been there for Xander more than I was.”

Oz speaks as he reaches out a paw to her” It is fine, he knows you care and I know you care. You were missed yes, but you have returned to use and that is what matters. Perhaps Xander can go along with you to the boat when you and Takeo check on it, he did want to help Abbot Benar find some clay at the riverbank.”

Zinnia takes Oz’s paw, “No its ok, he has his training lessons and stuff to help with here since Spring is soon.” She looks back to Zork’s grave and back to Oz, “ It’s only a….a few days.” She sounds distant a bit again.

Oz tilts his head “Zinnia? What is wrong?” He sounds concerned.

Zinnia is quiet as she remembers her dream the night before.
Zinnia tossed and turned in bed and opened her eyes, but she quickly sat up as she wasn’t in her bed, or even at the abbey, she was on a hill with a creek beside it and some wildflowers. “Where…”

“Zinnia…” A familiar voice speaks behind her.

Zinnia spins around “Papa?!” She stands and goes to hug him, only to go through him and turns around with a frown.

Zork Winters stood in front of her after slowly turning to face her, a frown showing on his face like he was concerned or worried.

Mist swirled around and it got a little cold, there was still the hillside and creek but also some muted voice and a pain in the badger maids chest that came and went suddenly, then a quiet stillness and a fearing of something happening, but that something was unknown.

Zinnia gasped and dropped to her knees, she then got a little afraid as she looked around confused “Papa…PAPA!”

“I will be there for you daughter but I can’t prevent wots to happen I can only provide comfort during the fear.” Zork Winters voice said.

Zinnia frowns “Papa..what do you mean..Papa wait please don’t leave me, I miss you please stay longer”

Zork  Winters appears briefly, “Xander shall earn his right to wield the Blade Of The Northwind Storms and you shall see my blade soon. Let him know you approve and the right choice was made…I will see you soon afterwards”

Zinnia blinks “Soon…what do you…mean?”

Zork Winters watches his daughter, “I will see you soon Zinnia…..”He then disappears.

Zinnia snaps awake and looks around her room and frowns, she quietly gets out of bed and decides to go for a walk.
“Just a dream with papa in it was all, it’s nothing”  Zinnia  answers, but it was something and what did he mean by see her soon..the only way she would ever see him again was if she was going to…..she closed her eyes and reopened them” I should get back to Takeo, he will want to go soon” She hugs Oz “I love you Uncle Oz”

Oz returns the hug “I love you too dear” Are you sure you alright..talking helps remember”

Zinnia nods “Yes I will be fine and yes talking does help, but for now I need to get going”

Oz sighs “Very well. But Xander was worried and he is looking for you by the way do speak to him before you head off please”

Zinnia starts to head to the entry and then stops “Ok I will make sure to talk to him before I leave, I promise Uncle Oz” She walks over and hugs him kissing him on the cheek before she heads to the entry again.

Oz returns the hug and listens as her foot paws echo away and tilts his head towards Zork’s grave speaking “ I know I don’t come and speak as often as I should Zork…..but please keep an eye on Zinnia if you are not doing so already.” He then heads off to tend to the dibbuns.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer