Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-05 12:19:12 PM

oz

Xander Now Wields The Family Blade-Redwall Log

Redwall Log
In Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and dibbun caretaker of Redwall
Zinnia-Abbey Sister and former Recorder
Takeo-Zinnia's Mate
Xander-Warrior in Training
Flicktail-Fox and Friend of Redwall
Juliana-Fox dibbun and child of Flicktail and Rayen
Rayen-fox and mate to Flicktail(mentioned briefly)
-spoofed guards

RW Abbey :Entry
--------------------------------------
You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages.  To the south you see a small, calm pond.  To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky.  The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall.
Its winter still
-----------------------------------------

Xander is excited, course the guards are not "But I only want to...well sort of show it to him, please...please" He frowns “Its important trust me"

Oz walks to the entry and over to the talking “What is it Xander and its ok let him tell me what he has, its fine I am sure"   

Xander walks over to Oz as the guard speaks "He has a sword" He rolls his eyes and speaks to Oz "It’s...its Grandpa's sword" He holds it out. "I found it.."   

Oz blinks and reaches out for the sword as he traces the blade he smiles a little "Zork’s blade..Blade of The Northwind Storms."

Flicktail walks down the stairs and heads across the abbey grounds towards Xander and Oz   

Xander nods and then forgets, oh yeah "Yep..it is and I am gonna train with it and be a warrior like he was. And I know how to take care of it and everything." He frowns at the guards as he adds "And to keep it in the weapons area"   

Oz nods as he smiles wiping away a tear. "You can put it away  in a little bit" He holds it for now" It will be safe while your here"   

Xander nods, "I know" He catches sight of Flicktail and waves. "Hey..." He says quietly before asking "Where is mom by the way I am sure she want to know I have it now"   

Flicktail says, "Ello" He says "Good evening Oz. I see you have Blade of the Northwind. I believe that Zork would approve"   

Oz asks, "She seemed tried so she went to bed early, greetings Flicktail how are you this eve?"

Xander says, "Northwind Storms and one day well if I CAN I will pass it down one day maybe"

Flicktail nods "Very well Poppa..." he looks at Xander "I am sure you will make a fine warrior Xander. But  if I may say you must remember even a dibbun can kill something. It is much harder to give life.”

Xander nods in understanding, “I know sir. Uncle Zee taught me a lot and so has Marek”

Flicktail wanders off elsewhere leaving the two badgers there.

Oz still held The Blade Of The Northwind Storms, he then speaks "I am glad you have the sword Xander and I know your take good care of it and use it wisely"   

Xander smiles "Of course, but I do want to let mom see if before its put away. unless her and Takeo already left for their boat"   

Oz frowns "I do not know if they have or not, if they did, only supposed to be away maybe 3-4 days and then return. They left Zork and Northstar in my care as they are a bit young still for traveling, but I think they will be able to travel by time its Spring or maybe mid-Spring perhaps."   

Xander asks, "Oh "He sighs "Well then maybe when they return if she did head off" He looks at the blade "Should I put it away now then?"   

Oz arches an eyebrow and then, "Oh the blade, yes that would be wise. If your mother has not left yet you can show her you found it, otherwise wait till she returns" He holds out the blade carefully.   

Xander takes the blade and goes to place it in the weapons area and then returns to the entry, "It’s put away now, also I may start staying at Uncle Zee's hut as he left it to me after he died. But I would still visit not to worry....ummm that’s ok right?"   

Oz nods "Yes...you’re at the age you can decide what to do. Your mature for your age and you did, well sort of..go to the western shore by yourself and came  back ok. I am not sure I count Patch as good company but its ok and at Ferravale there is Blisa and Marek, and I can have Zolomon check on you as well or maybe Rayen at times."   

Xander goes to hug Oz and smiles “Thank you Uncle Oz and if I needed any help or something I can come back here or send a message with...oh with Thunderwing as he is around again and part of the Mossflower Defenders"   

Oz returns the hug "Yes Thunderwing is a very good friend to the Winters Clan and to any other good beast. Very protective of those he calls friend"   

Xander says, "I was scared of him at first, sort of a bad past with birds like...sea gulls, but I was ok with Aira, she was nice as she was a friend and like important beast to Takeo..like some advisor or something"

Oz says, "Alright, just be careful Xander. You know I am here if you need me"   

Xander steps back as he speaks “I know Uncle Oz”

=A couple hours pass=

Zinnia was getting ready to leave, Takeo at her side as she decided to wait a day to go check on the boat with him and now they both decided to go. "Are you sure dear, you could stay here" The tall badger asked as Zinnia shakes her head "No its fine, the walk will help me feel better and we have to make sure the boat is ok where it is,"

Xander had been out helping check on the trees and gardens when he seen Zinnia and smiled as he run over "Hey Mom guess what!!"   

Juliana was nearby playing by her mother Rayen when she saw the badgers and walked over. She smiled at them and looked between them.   

Zinnia smiled at Juliana and went to hug Xander, she keep the hug for a few moments before speaking "Xander, you alright? Then again you seen excited, what is it?"   

Xander smiles and holds up a finger "Wait here" He rushed off and returns with his new blade, well it’s not new really it’s fairly old, a very VERY familiar blade indeed. "Look"   

Juliana blinks and hides behind Zinnia and peeks out, she then curiously looks at it.   

Zinnia gasps "Papa's blade, The Blade OF The Northwind Storms...you have it." She reaches out and then slowly draws her paw away. Takeo looks at it as he nods "A very very finely made blade...can I see it?" Course if it’s a no, he would understand.   

Xander nods as he holds the blade out "Just be careful. It was forged in the Snowy North, in Send by a badger many many many seasons ago named Soot Winters. It has been in the Winters Clan for a very very very long time and maybe one day I will pass it to my son...or maybe daughter, yeah that be cool a female to wield it "   

Juliana just watches quietly and then runs back over to her mother who quietly watches from where she sits on the steps to the wall tops.

Takeo grins and holds it, giving a practice swing and hands it to Zinnia, who at first seems she rather not hold it, but slowly takes it and lays a paw on the blade slowly tracing along the edge. She Is silent for a long while before Takeo speaks "Dear..love?" The badger maid blinks and looks at Takeo, "Oh sorry just..just guess blade makes me think of..Papa. I remember him using it in battle, the first time I saw papa he had this blade fighting a slaver to rescue me.*OOC INFO FOUND THE LOG! http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/cont … ittle-rest * " She walks forwards and hands it to Xander "Your do well with this blade Xander. You have truly earned the right to wield it and you will defend many. You will help the weak and defenseless and keep honor and be there for your family and friends when needed, your do..well."

Xander takes the blade and listens "I will do my best. I want grandpa and others to be proud of me. Maybe sometime I can even help with important decisions"

Zinnia nods "You just may , having good leadership skills is important and" She smiles " I feel your be fine. I know when somethings important, you pay attention and do your best. Just don’t be afraid of failing, no beast is perfect as even Martin the Warrior had his ups and downs. Your have ups and downs too...good and bad in life, hard times and good times, sad and happy moments in life. Times when you may think it’s time to give up..just know not to and always keep hope and faith." She hugs him and kisses him on the forehead "And know I love you very much. I believe in you and know your do your best always and show honor in wielding The Blade Of The Northwind Storms..you are still a Winters Clan even if adopted. I was adopted. "

Juliana yawns meanwhile as she falls asleep in Rayen's lap , so the vixen  picks her up and heads to bed.   

Xander frowns "But what if I dishonor grandpa somehow, what it the choice to pass the blade to me was..was a wrong choice."   

Zinnia lays a paw on his shoulder "It wasn't. Look no one is perfect and you proved you were the right choice by passing all these tests to weird the blade in the first place. "   

Xander says, "But..what about Jedrick...I mean I still have//some issues cause of him sometimes"   

Zinnia says, "The past is the past. It’s the now and the who YOU chose to be now, not what you were THEN. "She hugs him "I love you Xander. I always have and always will. You been through a lot yes but you have also gotten over a lot. You didn’t let yourself fall to any darkness, you stayed on the path of light and good. You overcame any negative thing that wildcat tried to make you and I am proud of you for it. You have...have grown up so much and will be a fine, fine beast, a fine warrior."   

Xander hugs her as well "Love you too mom and thanks." He steps back "I will help keep an eye on Zork, Northstar and Tanya not to worry" He smiles "You and..Dad" He smiles at Takeo" Make sure the boat is good and ok so when its time to head back to the island your have a safe trip."   

Takeo nods "We will....come dear we best get going to be thar by lunch...Milo and Ottis is expecting us " Zinnia smiles and nods, she looks at the abbey a long moment before they head off, she smiles "Yeah...and I managed to get some hot root for those two otters" Takeo smiles as they head on to the boat.

Xander waves and then heads on inside, after he places the blade back in weapons storage

Last edited by oz (2017-03-05 02:03:59 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer