Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-25 03:42:31 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

This chest is not being watched by a creepy person...

After this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=110  It's the same day.  Also, there are references made to this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=108

CHARACTERS: Xander, a male badger Warrior-In-Training.  DoraRose, a female Warrior mouse.

SCENE: Redwall Abbey, Gatehouse Loft (D.R.'s home sweet home).

LOG:

Xander is tired, has had...well not the best past few days but this is at least not a scary beast to visit. He arrives and then knocks on the door and waits quietly. He has on a cloak he uses when he is going out and about away from the abbey.

DoraRose is packing a haversack with extra clothes.  She has heard about the Dibbuns being captured and is preparing to go in search of them; as a resident Warrior of Redwall, she feels like it's her duty.  Plus, anyone who kidnaps Dibbuns just makes her really mad and she wants to whup some sorry bad guy butt.  Even if they're not sorry.  She's putting her diary in her haversack just as the knock resounds on her door.  "Come in if you're a friend!" she says automatically as she stuffs the journal down one side of the sack.

Xander walks in slowly and frowns "Why would an enemy come into your home Dorarose, that would most likely be a bad idea, especially recently"

DoraRose looks up and pauses.  "Y'know, that's a good point.  I didn't really think before I said that."  She goes back to packing, stuffing a set of pencils in her sack.  "How can I help you?"  She smiles.

Xander manages a smile and looks in a pocket of his cloak, he then frowns and then looks in another pocket and smiles as he finds the key and note "I'm supposed to talk to you next on finding chests...and I been looking for ...well a lot of chests and the last couple were not so fun to get"

DoraRose takes the note and looks at it.  "I noticed you were nervous.  Wanna talk about it?  I find talking about my scary experiences helps me sometimes."  She gestures at a nearby chair that has 2 pillows on it.  She kneels by one side of the bed and pulls out a big chest....then sort of lays down and starts trying to dig out another chest.

Xander nods and blinks...."Umm... " Ok she has more than one, but only one is his as he waits he talks softly "Well first wasn't nearly as bad all I had to do was go to his porch and he handed me the chest and that was...Nightbreath and then after him, waiting 'til this morning, had to see...the Ferravale undertaker for a chest...he is more creepy"

DoraRose pulls out another largeish chest.  "The Ferravale Undertaker, huh? ...I'm not sure I've ever met him.  Your uncle was probably wanting to help you gain some courage."  She finally pulls out a small chest  and slides it over to the badger.  "Here it is.  Sorry it's not the sword."  She then sticks her chests back under the bed.  "Bravery is a hard lesson to learn, but it's worth it in the end."

Xander nods "I...guessed it wasn't the sword"  He frowns but walks over and goes ahead and opens it and looks inside and sighs "Ya...a key and of course a note" He opens it and blinks as he reads it and tilts his head, it's a note and a long one.

DoraRose has finished putting away her chests and stays sitting on the floor, looking up at her friend.  "What's wrong?"  she asks, ready to help if needs be.

Xander looks over the note and blinks again  "Ok...interesting....but maybe good if can figure this out...." He clears his throat and reads "To retrieve the missing blade...is it really missing though as I know where it is, but you don't yet. Read through my words, you have gone north and back south, you have gone west and back east and even up and down...some twists and turns, all part of the plan, now go find the blade back where you began....."

DoraRose thinks for a few minutes, then stands and starts packing again, slowly this time, though.  "That almost sounds like the first beast you got a chest from may have the sword....who did you get the first chest from?"

Xander frowns and has to sit down and think on this as he re reads the note "Ummm....well I think....I know who handed it to me but he left and he didn't have a chest"

DoraRose sits on her bed.  "Well, who was it?  Did he leave the Abbey or all of Mossflower?"  She is trying to be helpful.  "If he's still in Mossflower, I may be able to help you find him."

Xander frowns "But like said he didn't have a chest....lets see Benar did...Uncle Oz did...Brother Leon did....but...before that I went to Ferravale"

DoraRose holds up a paw.  "Okay, okay.  But who was the first beast?  Even if he didn't have a chest, he was still the beginning."

Xander thinks and then remembers "Marek was....he had the first chest, he...the chest begun with him..." Whoa he thinks he was THAT close to the chest all this time, what the.

DoraRose nods.  "Okay, so it might be Marek.  But who did you get the note and key from for that chest?"  She's thinking that that beast is the one who has the sword.

Xander says, "No one...well guess Uncle Zee when I was handed the list of chests, said to go to Marek first but not like Uncle Zee has it now...he just had his strange staff"

DoraRose is being patient.  "Was Zee alive when you got the list, or was that after he died?"

Xander says, "After he....he died"

DoraRose leans forward and asks gently, "So who is it that handed you the list?"

Xander stands and smiles "The list was just where to go...and I was asked then where do I even start and I was told the first beast on the list and that's Marek....he had the first and he has the last chest!" He sounds excited "It makes since...where begun...where ends...the last chest ends it cause I..I find the blade, the Blade of The Northwind Storms!"

DoraRose supresses a sigh.  She thinks the beast who gave him the list is the beginning, but, hey.  Maybe he's right and this is just their brains working differently.  "Yeah, I guess that does make sense.  But keep in mind that you uncle may have 1 more test for you."  The bells start ringing for lunch.  "I say, are you hungry?  I'm starved!"  She stands.  "Wanna grab a bite to eat before you head back to Ferravale?"  She's assuming that he's planning on going back right away.

Xander nods "Ok..." His stomach growls as he grins "Yeah lunch is a good idea...let's go"  He follows the mousemaid

DoraRose smiles.  She remembers being that age....and being always hungry.  She leads the way after grabbing some warm layers.  Lunch is calling their names....

~*END*~

Thanks for reading smile

Board footer