Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-23 06:31:01 PM

oz

Welcome Dinner- LP LOG

Ewan looks into the room, he is use to a room full when he was at the abbey, he looks around and does know the room isn't nearly as full as it could be but most hares are likely here expect for the couple on watch duty, well someone had to do it after all. He then steps the rest of the way into the room and finds a place to sit down quietly.

Rudolfo is here chatting with another Private and chuckles a little, likely some new joke being told or one that's just funny, it's hard to tell but he is in a good mood at least.

Ciocan finished up a couple things, some paperwork and even got some sleep time in before making his way into the dinning Hall with a couple hares, one at each side of him , coming into the room, he nods at some hares seated and then goes to sit in his own chair and waits till others come into the room before he starts.

Gregorian is there, complete with his less comfortable dress uniform and he's even dug out a few medals though it seems mostly to humor his daughter who's inventing stores for them for her friends. He seems amused by them and doesn't correct any even if he's never taken on an army of eagles all by himself. Whatever keeps the dibbuns happy and quiet while they're waiting for the food is a welcome distraction.

Zolomon thought a lot, and a lot more and decided he would go to the dinner after all, he did promise he would come so here he is. His mood is still not happy, not sad either just..I am here sort of mood as he finds a place to sit down and wait.

Ewan stays seated where he is and watches as the badger lord comes into the room, he gives a wave to Zolomon and waits for the dinner to start.

Sinway makes his way in, his arms held in front of him with his paws tucked away in the sleeves of his habit, he first makes his way over to Ciocan bowing "Tis good t' see ye again, thanks again fer havin' us and fer this dinner." Before finding a place to sit

Rudolfo looks over at the Badger Lord, a couple other hares, recruits , are a little late, but they do find places to sit quickly.

Ciocan smiles as he nods to Sinway "Tis is good ta have a Redwall order beast to visit us, your need to update me on how long your be here I know Ewan was unsure and knew likely till sometime in de spring, late sping he thought." He looks over at crowd and smiles"Greetings all...I know it's not often thar is a special dinner and this one is special  for two reasons, one our guests Private Ewan and Brother Sinway..also a dinner to welcome the peace that's here now, the shores were rid of danger and safe once more, let us hope peace lasts a good long while, of course"He smiles"Training will still be happening, no escaping that I am afraid but today is for enjoyment, good food..friends to welcome."

Gregorian quietly shushes the dibbuns are Ciocan starts speaking. He smiles faintly and raises his drink for the final bit. He gives the room a glance once the badger is done, checking the familiar faces as he waits for the food to come out. He spots Zolomon too and gets up to wander that way "Decided tah give it a go in the end? Pete will be disappointed" he jokes.

Zolomon listens, likely a recruit got picked by Old Pete for sentry duty, there would always be sentry duty with two hares at all times day and night, some food would be brought to them a little later."Someone else is..gonna be thar and I did promise to..well come, so did"

Ewan smiles "It is nice to be here, I did miss the mountain some and Think till end of Spring, yeah."

Sinway smiles and turns to the Badger Lord "I be plannin' on stayin' till the end of spring." He then gets up and wonders over to where Zolomon is "glad ye could make it Zolomon, ain't t' sure how beast would feel t' me draggin' yer tail in here if ye didn' come."

Rudolfo chuckles some as he over hears the otter, he then is quiet as things seem to have begun or well very soon now it would seem.

Varus comes into the room fashionably late, limping still and relying on a cane to get around. He's dug out his best dress uniform, freshly pressed, his various medals all polished to a shine.

Ciocan nods and looks to the gathering as he smiles"I hope you all welcome our guests while they are visiting, there is a guest each for our guests to stay in while they are here." He smiles" Well there is food and fellowship to be had so I think we should begin...the cook has made a nice blueberry cobbler, there is even hot root stew and a clam chowder and some other food" He waits as a hare whispers to him as he chuckles "It would seem a special  case of October Ale that was sent to us has been opened as well, well this does seem like a good time to share that we did say we save it for a special occasion and, well this is it..so Let's begin our dinner, shall we?" He holds up a mug of ale and smiles, then takes a sip as the dinner has begun.

Gregorian settles in to a seat neat Zolomon, the dibbun keepers will make sure his daughter and the rest get their food and don't cause too much trouble. Greg looks back to Ciocan as the menu is introduced. He looks pleasantly surprised "I didn't think the cooks here knew how tah do hot root soup really" he briefly raises his drink to Sinway as the otter's coming their way "Perks of havin' an ottah come tah visit"

Zolomon listens quietly,and nods "Hot root is good, not had it in a while. And a special  dinner is good too, de abbey always had a like feast for each season and named de season too"

Varus makes his way toward the table and sits, after nodding to Gregorian in greeting.

Ewan smiles, he goes to get some soup and a roll, and some tea. A couple other hares go to talk to him, and he replies quietly back to them before going to sit back down, he does get some cobbler before he sits down though.

Sinway ears perk a little when he hears hot root "Did some beast say hot root stew and October Ale, tees like yer after me own heart." He turns to Gregorian and smiles "They sure do know how to spoil a otter." And with that he decides to get him self his first bowl of hot root soup along with some clam chowder finishing it off with a mug of ale, how he is able to carry all this is also a sight to behold but he manages, going to sit down next to Gregorian

Rudolfo smiles "I always like excuses to eat a good among of food"Then what hare doesn't like food...he gets himself some salad, some clam chowder, a couple crab cakes they always seem to have and some ale, he can get desert later as they should, he hopes, have some left.

Ciocan smiles, he lets some of the hares get their food first before he gets up and gets himself some food, he gets a little more ale .He smiles at a couple of the dibbuns nearby with who ever is on duty as caretaker, it would seem all the dibbuns are sitting in one area of the room, a little table of their own, with the caretaker of course. He smiles and goes to sit back down in his own chair.

Gregorian offers a very relaxed salute to Varus "Majah. Perfect timin', right in time for the food" he chuckles as he quickly grabs an ale and hotroot soup before settling in to his seat. He nods to the others "They do a pretty good hotroot in Halyard, depends who's cookin' and where yah go but the October Ale yah can't always get outside of Mossflowah"

Zolomon gets himself a roll and hotroot, some ale to drink and a little bit of pie as they have apple pie today too and sits down quietly to enjoy his meal as he glaces around, he sighs a little but least he is out and about not off somewhere by himself.

Ewan stays mostly quiet as he sits here and eats his food, every so often a sip of tea...least a couple others like tea as well so he isn't too out of place drinking tea. He frowns not seeing a couple hares he knew, he knows they were lost in the Mossflower battle.

"Of course I'm on time," Varus replies, limping his way over to grab himself some of that hotroot soup. "I don't see Jinora here, so one of us Majahs 'as ta make an appearance..."

Sinway listens to Gregorian talk as he eats his soup "Is tha' so, I'll have t' go and visit Halyard and try it out me self." He spends his time eating and drinking chatting with any who decides to come and talk to him

Rudolfo chuckles some "Today is a good day, then days off is always good and welcome dinners are nice as well."

Ciocan nods" Today is a good day indeed...I have never really gone to Halyard...just once and it was a very very brief visit"

Gregorian glances around the room for Jinora when Varus mentions it "She's probably around here somewhere unless she's one of the unlucky few on sentry duty" he nods to Sinway "Best I'd say is from the fish merchants, they don't officially sell it but most of them are ottahs who jump at the chance tah curl a few whiskers" he raises his drink to briefly gesture at Ciocan "Yah should get out more sah, there's more on these shores than just the mountain"

Zolomon says, "Ya can...always go ta Halyard again sometime your Lordship, could be interesting." He takes a long drink of ale" Maybe.."

Ewan says, "Halyard can be...ok at times, not ok other times"

Sinway chuckles to Gregorian "Aye, tis a otter thing, I be guilty of it t' if i am bein' honest it always be fun t watch a beast take there first taste of hotroot." He looks over to Ciocan "Aye, and just thin' how much more the vermin in Halyard would behave if the Badger Lord visit's the place often." He takes another sip of hotroot, while the cooks didn't use as much hotroot as he would like it is still good and he is clearly enjoying it

Varus nods as well. "Was born 'n' bred in Halyahd, mahself. Many, many seasons of Swiftbucks stretchin' back inta th' distant past 'ave lived there in Halyahd an' been part o' th' Patrol just as long."

Rudolfo says, "most are probably staying 'ere today,maybe venture out tomorrow, not sure how well a Redwall beast would do in Halyard though, may be a wee bit rough fer ya Brother Sinway""

Ciocan quietly sips his ale"I do not venture out much, I do exercise drills on the beach as there is a lot more room thar than inside...as fer visiting Halyard I am not against my hares going if they would like, but I do not think I will pay it a visit before it was so me and someone could look around for a beast at the time but that beast is gone now"

Gregorian chuckles back at Sinway "Aye and it's fun when yah not an ottah but yah can handle the hotroot like the best of them" he nods to Varus "Raised in the south myself. Yah'll not find anothah Harthwill in the patrol but we've got a couple of Skippahs" he chuckles "They're all ottahs" he shakes his head at Ciocan "Well at least stop by the rec room unstairs maybe?"

Zolomon eats a little food, he finishes an ale and gets some more before he sits down, drinking the ale he listens as all the others talk and relaxes somewhat as he tries to enjoy the day

Ewan says, "I forgot to see how Camp Willow was, last checked they were slowly recovering still and like rebuilding some homes and such after this..Vikings or something a few seasons ago, there was an otter at the abbey that grew up at the abbey and found out he was achally a camp willow otter and like..forgot I guess"He frowns "Sorry no not news from there...""

Sinway looks over to Rudolfo and chuckles a little "Aye I be a abbey beast now, but I was a warrior before that, and I be aware of how rough Halyard can be mate, been there a few times in me life, twas the port I left on t' go visit Green Isle, and tis the port I came in on when I came back t' this side of the sea t' head back t' Mossflower, need t' worry t' much about me." He looks over to Gregorian and nods "Din' thin' I ever see another beast who wasn' a otter understand how fun it can be." He then chimes in when Ewan speaks about Camp Willow adressing the Badger Lord "The camp be doin' much better, repairs be goin' well, had to visit the camp to see if they could spare a otter to take care of the abbey pond while I was away."

Rudolfo says, "Camp Willow..thats like de home of a lot of otters of Mossflower....right? Read of it once in a book here in the library, never been there..or in Mossflower, my dad went when...well...""

Ciocan listens and nods"New of Camp Willow is good as well, I think a couple helped the abbey out during that siege in Autumn." He frowns about Halyard but says nothing.

Zolomon is still drinking some ale and chuckles a little "Halyard...hee hee..we could get tagether one..two..more hares and get de badger to the Halayard..might be fun"He chuckles a little"Someone did say something bout draging a badger there be hard, hee hee...maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't...do we find out or not?" Yeah..he's drunk, fun but hey he hasn't chuckled in a while.

Varus ear-perks at Gregorian. "You were raised by ottahs?" Turning to Sinway, he chimes in, "I visited Mossflowah an' Camp Willah once, many, many seasons ago, when I was still a headstrong young private, wot. 'Elped repel some vermin... Very long time ago, wot."

Rudolfo looks over at Zolomon and frowns, then chuckles a little at the idea but hey the hare is having a good time at least.

Gregorian nods back to Varus "Aye, me and my sistah" Which means his hare accent makes no sense at all "Funnily enough my aunt ended up Skippah at Camp Willow. It's her son now but heh, there's yah Harthwills...Last I heard from them they were survivin' at least" he briefly raises an eyebrow at Zolomon "How much has be had already?"

Ciocan raises an eyebrow at Zolomon but doesn't say anything right now "Hmmms I am unsure perhaps someone will need to help him to his room for a good rest."

Sinway looks to Varus "Must of been while I was out at sea adventurin' or when i went t' live on the Green Isle fer a while, after all, when I left Halyard the mountain still didn' have a Badger Lord." He chuckles at Zolomon "Drunk already Zolomon!" He then turns to Gregorian "Raised by otters mate, knew there be a reason why it felt easy to get along wit ye, what was yer aunt's name mate. I might of known her but sadly I took a bad injury t' the head and i have fergoten a lot of stuff."

Zolomon smiles"Not many...otters are around, hares ya a lot lot of hares....."He sips some more ale like..hmmms his 4th mug maybe."This be good stuff and so is other ales and I don't need rest, rest tis for the..the weak"

Rudolfo watches Zolomon "Well he is smiling then again could well be the ale he drank too"

Varus hmms at Greg. "I'd 'ave nevah guessed, wot..." To Sinway, he says, "It was long, long ago. Before I was married."

Ciocan shakes his head and goes back to relaxing and chatting with a couple hares beside him.

Gregorian shrugs at Varus "It doesn't exactly come up much and tah be fair I've been here longah than anywhere else at this point" Sinway gets a chuckle "Her name's Hallow, son's Gaheris. Honestly though she was leadin' the place for years since her husband, the old Skippah, died. Now Gaheris is apparently Skippah. Hard tah imagine. Last time I saw the kid he was a scrawny thin'" another shrug "Chances are if yah've been tah the camp yah've seen more of them than I have. It's not exactly easy tah visit from here"

Varus laughs. "Now, tha' really ages me, wot. Hallow's husband was still Skippah back when I visited."

Sinway nods to Gregorian "The name does sound familiar and it does fit, the last skipper I knew before meetin' Gaheris was a female otter." He gets up and goes to get more food, luckly there is plenty of hot root stew left, so he grabs another bowl and some dessert as well before sitting back down to Gregorian "Though when I met Gaheris, he looked like a good strong and reliable otter to me." He then turns to Varus "Then ye must of visited before I even came t' Mossflower me first time..I was just barely out of me dibbun years when I first came to Redwall....and there was a female skipper when i arrived."

Zolomon stands up "I need...more ale...ale is good and ya forget..get..forget things ya want to forget...."Though he dosnt get more ale, another sign he likely drank too much as he frowns, luckly another hare catches him as he passes out..too much to drink and lack of some sleep, not a good combo. He will get carried to a nice bed now to rest it off and likely have a horrible headache when he wakes up.

Rudolfo frowns as he watches Zolomon carried off "I do hope he be ok..someone may wanna check on Zolomon later on"

Ciocan watches Zolomon and starts to stand but before he does he notices the other hare catch him and nods the ok to take him to a bed but one in the infirm just to make sure he is ok as he relaxes once more and eats a little before he speaks "Yes someone can check on Zolomon later on and let us know how he is, he has not been himself for a while now and I do hope he at least tries to cheer up some"

Gregorian frowns slightly when Zolomon passes out and is taken away "I do worry about that hare sometimes" a nod to Sinway "That's the problem with Skippahs, they all have the same name in the end. Good tah know the lad has grown up though" Varus gets a smirk though "That was a really long time ago, I'm not convinced yah not actually the oldest hare in the mountain"

Varus frowns sharply as Zolomon drinks himself into a stupor. "Undignified..."

Rudolfo hmmms"He's...been through a lot, someone should have a serious chat with him...well not too serious but, yeah a chat"

Sinway watches as Zolomon is help to bed before turning to Rudolfo "I talked t' him earlier today, it seemed t' help." He turns to Ciocan "He was talkin' about wantin' t' come visit the abbey, see Xander and his friends........I think it might help him, t' get away from the area fer a while....just like gettin' away from mossflower is helpin' me."

Ciocan looks to be thinking "I...am unsure our ranks are still low. I will have a chat with him later though, not on time off as not sure how long he would be away on a trip like that, I may see what others think as well."

Rudolfo hmms "Well boat is like week and a half, walking is 3 weeks...course he walks fast and runs even faster. Be best to let like....higher ups discuss it, most likely."

Sinway frowns a little "It be yer decision and i ain't here t' argue that, but Zolomon is a danger t' him self and the beast around him like this, so i just hope we can do somethin' t' get him back to his ol' self." He finishes his ale and the rest of his food

Gregorian shakes his head "No amount of talkin' is goin' tah make losin' a mate alright. Gettin' some distance can help but the only thin' that heals those wounds is time and even then there's scars. Sometimes it's easiah not tah think about it than talk about it. Maybe we should be treatin' him like normal and lettin' him figure out wot he needs tah do himself?"

Varus frowns, then nods. "Aye, Greg's right... Zolomon needs 'is time... 'Owevah, I don't generally tolerate drunkenness..."

Ciocan sighs, he closes his eyes a moment and reopens them" The long Patrol needs to be like a large family, help one another through times like this and not look down on anyone else either. Some still recover from loss in Mossflower, a couple left due to feeling great loss. Being a family makes a group stronger and yes a group can still be family...one doesn't need to be related by blood ta be family."He glaces at Sinway and speaks "A friend from the abbey could maybe help him, i do not know....time away I do not know either as rather not give anyone any long leave time, not right now."

Sinway shrugs "Again, tis yer call, I was mearly givin' a suggestion....I don' know if Xander can make the trip down, with all he has t' deal with, gettin' the defender base up and runnin' gettin' the tavern in Ferravale rebuilt.....plus he got Krisha and there little one t' think of, I just hope Zolomon be doin' better by summer.....I hate to have to bring nothin' but bad news to him." He then goes back to chating with the hares "But lets not let this bring down the night, there be good food and drink."

Gregorian shrugs to Varus "It's not ideal but I'll not worry unless he makes a habit out of it. If it starts effectin' his work talk tah him about that but outside of work if he's not causin' trouble it's Zolomon's call, yah can't force a beast tah get ovah a loss before he's ready tah" he nods back to Sinway after a moment "Aye, we probably shouldn't be discussin' it behind his back like this I suppose"

Varus nods firmly. "Aye, let's let th' mattah drop. T'is a private issue, not public business." He pauses to a slow sip of brandy while that settles. "Anyway, Sinway, was it? How is the Abbey faring?"

Ciocan nods, he leans back in his chair and watches as some hares head elsewhere, others stay, one of the caretakers carries a sleepy dibbun away."Today has been mostly relaxing."He sips a little ale "I will think on visiting Halyard but..no promises"

Sinway turns to Varus "Everythin' be good now that the vermin had been taken care of." He stands up and yawns before turning to the Badger Lord and bowing "Thank ye kindly fer the meal Ciocan, the food was all great, please give me complements to yer chefs, but I think I need t' turn in fer the night." He says his farewells to Gregorian, Varus and a few of the other hares that had talked to him before making his way out of the room

Gregorian throws a relaxed salute Sinway's way as he leaves "See yah around" he glances back to Ciocan "Yah said yah wanted the patrol tah be a family sah. Like it or not I think that includes badgahs and it's somewot hard tah achieve durin' workin' hours only"

Varus harrumps. He's still of the old school, and not fully sold on this family dynamic. "Jus' long as we don't go bloody well soft, wot..."

Ciocan says, "A lot of work does go on, but there is free time also. there will still be training drills, exercise drills...a lot more than before as I still want the patrol in good shape, but..yes free time is good as well. I sometimes likely work a little too much at times."

Gregorian chuckles and seems very relaxed but his proper sense of formal command got eroded a bit when he was retired and didn't have to follow orders "Yah probably talkin' tah the right hares about workin' too much. Well, I'm mostly just assumin' the majah here has his paws full as well even without a forge tah work with"

Ciocan nods as he yawns slightly and stands slowly "I will leave you and the rest here to enjoy the rest of the night, and who knows...maybe Halyard wil get a visit from a badger here soon. Sides...might be good to see how things are in Halyard after all"

Last edited by oz (2019-02-23 06:41:22 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer