Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-22 05:20:12 PM

oz

Patch Is Free To Go...Sort Of-Ferravale Log

Patch sits on the one cot in here and stares at the floor, he has not sleep all night and he didn’t dare even sneak a nap in before that. There is an untouched bowl of soup and half a glass of water by the door   

There are suddenly shouts and loud voices from the hallway, coming towards his door. The door unlocks and opens, and a city guard steps in and says, "Yer in luck, matey. D'Chieftain hersel' 'as decided ter pay ya a visit!" He vanishes from sight, and then Blisa steps into he room, followed closely by Ferdinand, Valerie, and Clarissa, who has healed nicely from her stomach wound a few months ago. The petite cat has a look on her face that should warn the prisoner to not say word 1 about her height. So far, she says nothing, but instead simply stares at the rat, her jade green eyes unblinking and probably mildly terrifying.   

Patch frowns, he looks at the small cat, yep he will stay quiet as any jokes he has are lost, other things are on his mind as he gulps at the guards and he tries to speak but all that comes out is a small sort of squeak, he would scoot back but it isn't like he could get very far if he did.   

"I hear that you were caught stealing," Blisa finally says. "You do know that that's against the law, right?" She examines the claws on her right paw. "Sitting is a cell is good short-term punishment, but it won't deter you forever, I'm sure. What do you think I should do to punish no good dirty rotten thieves?" She has a punishment in mind, but she wants to get him worked up so maybe he won't steal again.   

Patch frowns "Umm....ummm....well  being snake food is a bad idea....ya know...a..a lot steal and well the snake could get like fat or something and not be able to move well at all. Snake be better as a...body guard or maybe to keep away....ummmm....more dangerous beasts?"   

Blisa looks to the ceiling as if patience could be found there. "Okay, lemme set the record straight. I do not feed random beasts to my snake. I only feed murderers and wanna-be conquerors to him, and sometimes not even then. Thieves do not deserve such an extreme punishment." She turns and looks him in the eye again. "So, try again. What do you think would be a good punishment? I've heard of some cultures cutting off a theif's right paw. How does that sound?"   

Patch places his paws behind his back and shakes his head "Nope...I could just sit in here a while, yeah would learn my lesson then or maybe clean the tavern.....yeah" Maybe he could get free ale but most likely not.

Blisa smiles with her eyes. She's enjoying this. "Oh, no, the tavern would be far too good for you. I know! The /perfect/ punishment for you would be that you have to work for our village undertaker. I'm sure he needs some help keeping the graveyard looking nice." Not that's she's asked him or anything; she just decided to surprise him with a slave....I mean, a /helper/. It would only be for 6 months or so. "How does that sound? We could always resort back to chopping your paw off if you'd rather."   

Patch frowns "The..undertaker, not sure I meet him before who is he and look nice since when do a graveyard look nice"   

Blisa glares at the rat menacingly. "You will help him keep I in good order -- keeping the grass trimmed, trees and bushes pruned, and flowers well weeded so it is a pleasant and pretty as possible for the beasts who visit. Like me. Both of my parents, my baby brother, and my fiance are all buried in our graveyard. You WILL help him keep it /nice/ and /pretty/ and basically not an eyesore, or so help me, I'll cut off your paw and get it over with. Do you understand me?" Don't tick off the lady with the snake, yo.   

Patch eeps and then nods "Ummm...flowers yep flowers...ummm what if he or...she don't like flowers and it be during the day right?" No way will he walk in there at night, there could be ghosts. He has seen the place but never stepped a paw into it....well once maybe but that was it   

Blisa crosses her arms. "You will work whenever Markalaway tells you to. You will not uproot any flowers, and you will only plant or transplant flowers if Markalaway says to. You will do /exactly/ what he says when he says it. In exchange I won't kill you and you will be given free lodging where our undertaker sees fit to put you. Markalaway will decide if you can get free meals, based on how well you cooperate. /Or/ I can find something much more disgusting and painful for you to do...your choice." She honestly has no second option in mind, so she's now kind of winging it.   

Patch seems to think on this and gives a simple nod "Alright...miss...madma...ummm Chieftain. I will accept this" Its better than something worse right and a possible place to stay and meals is good. He could still do some other stuff, well maybe he will have to see.   

Blisa nods and smiles in a less scary way, relieved that he's agreeing to it. "Good. I'm glad you saw the sense in my offer. I want all the beasts within my village to work together for the common good, with no beggars and no beasts just sitting around doing nothing. But stealing is never allowed, so if you are caught stealing again, I'll have to take more drastic measures. Understood?" Before he can answer, she snaps her fingers and adds, "Oh, and you won't be allowed to leave the village until I say so."   

Patch nods and then he looks shocked "Say....what now? But what if I have ta check on something or someone.....someone needs me maybe?"   

Blisa shrugs. "Well, you should've thought of that before you stole. If you leave the village, I shall have to find something else for you to do...out ditches could use some digging out.....and we could use a few more outhouses. And that would be pretty hard to do with just one paw, now, wouldn't it?" Her smile is creepy again. "So I would suggest that you stay in the village until I say you may leave. Do we understand each other?"   

Patch gives a firm nod "Yes...chieftain" He resist the urge to mutter "So...for how long can I not leave?"   

Blisa nods, and turns around. "I suggest you eat the food brought in to you; they may be your last free meals for a while." As the door closes behind her, the young cat adds, "Oh, and I'll be sending a guard every day to search your clothes, so I suggest you make sure and keep your paws from straying." After the door is closed and locked, the Chieftain strides to her house and collapses on the hearth in the main room of her house. "That was exhausting....."   

Patch frowns "For a while! “Patch sighs and sits down to eat his meal, ok now he is worried, very worried.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer