Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-16 05:45:04 PM

oz

Final Fight Blackrose vs Long Patrol-LP LOG

Who:

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Gregorian- Sergeant/Fighter/Blacksmith in LP

Varus- Fighter/Major in LP

Zolomon- Runner/Private First Class in LP

Felicity- Runner/ Corporal in LP

Rudolfo – Fighter/ Private in LP

Keldorn- Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

Hawkeye- Old Otter

Crevan- Good Dibbun Fox

Silverwing- Fighter/ Messenger in Mossflower Defenders

Moswen- evil member of Blackrose

Melantha  - Leader of Blackrose

Various hare and assorted vermin spoofs

Log:

==Little before the battle==

Ciocan was out doing some quick drills before he and his hares went to hopefully ambush the Blackrose, it was decided an extra day to be ready, to see who went and whom didn't as some did need to stay at the mountain after all.

A lone sparrow lands nearby and looks around and seeing the badger waits till she can speak to them.

Keldorn is sat on the side as he blink and decides to go over to the sparrow, it looked like the Badger Lord was busy anyways as he nods "Ello friend sparrow what brings you here..tis it a worried friend to check on me and Silverwing?"

Hawkeye had been on the beach walking along and curiosity gets him as he walks over, his leg has been doing a lot better lately, but he still uses the cane just in case as there is times his leg decides to just make him fall.

Ciocan looks over at the sparrow and puts his hammer to his side as he walks over, he nods to Keldorn and speaks "News? Today may not be the best time for news but let us see what it is"

The sparrow nods "Friends of Redhouse come..Brother Sinway and harefriend Private Ewan, left 8 days ago and should be 'ere within week to Badgerworm home."

Keldorn listens and hmms"Not sure that's de best thing of this mormnet my friend. The dark hearted Blackrose is around the shores, but maybe we can defeat them before then yes?"

Hawkeye frowns"The Blackrose is a danger ta anyone"He clears his throat "Sorry sirs just sayin'..tis is. I do hope there is a plan"

Ciocan nods "There is a plan and the hares going know the plan"He nods to the sparrow "Thank you for the message as it's all the more reason to clear my shores of this...pest for good, to make them safe again for any travelers, as it will be slowly warming up now and more beasts will be around to enjoy the weather and the beach, even my hares will want some time on the beach"

Keldorn steps forwards "I would like to offer my aid, if I may sir badger, please..I offer my blade"

Hawkeye smiles "I...would offer my help but..maybe not. I can handle the one or two in the tavern but not a whole group..if I was younger yes, now there was a couple at the tavern but they seemed to behave themselves oddly, could be they were just eating or they are up ta something"

Keldorn says, "Vermin at times have dark hearts, these do for sure. I know a small..very small, few vermin can be friends and some very good friends and allys but not all, not this Blackrose, they indeed need stopped. It wold be wise to maybe take day off sir Hawkeye""

Ciocan hmmms softly and nods his head"Yes take a day off Hawkeye, and make sure Crevan is home as well I am unsure how this fight with the Blackrose will end. They may know we are coming or they may not"

Hawkeye nods "I think I just may stay home. I was on the beach to get some shrimps and seaweed"He smiles "Seaweed is good sometimes, though few seem to like it"

Keldorn grins "I have tried many things some think odd..seaweed and even the plant called cattails is a food, I wander sometimes and do not always pack food if its just me...even some barks and pine needles..some...are good food sources"

Ciocan nods as he looks upshore and thinks "Keldorn, you can come help if you wish and find Silverwing her help would much welcomed"

Hawkeye chuckles at the shrew and looks to the badger "And I will stay home and have a good day off. I hope you do well on your mission Ciocan, maybe you can send a hare with some news to the tavern, I will likely be there tomorrow"

Keldorn nods, "She is likely somewhere perhaps scanning the area from above and can report anything needed to you and your hares"

Ciocan nods "Having an eagle to help will be good, as I said I know not how this will turn out..hopefully it shall go well but things don't always go as planed and even if they do there is sometimes surprises"

Hawkeye frowns as he listens and leans a little on his cane"Surprises are never good but let's hope none happen or if they do its a good surprise and not a bad one"

Keldorn nods "I will go find Silverwing and then me and her will find you"He bows and then goes off to look for the eagle, it's an eagle ...a large bird...how hard could she be to find after all.

Crevan decided to venture out of Halyard upon hearing his father was on the beach, it doesn't take long for the fox to find the otter as well as seeing the Badger Lord and watching a shrew walk off. once he reaches Hawkeye he does the usual thing and grabs the otter's tail "Hello mister Ciocan." He greets the badger lord before looking up at his father "What ya doin' on the beach today papa?"

Hawkeye smiles "I was finding some shrimps and a little seaweed as well, we are gonna stay home at least today...maybe tomorrow"

Ciocan smiles down at Crevan "Hello Crevan"He says, there is a hint of concern in his voice but he hides it well "Yes...no one on the beach that doesn't need on the beach today"

Crevan tilts his head looking between the badger lord and his father "Why.....whats going to happen today."

Ciocan kneels down, not that that will help much as he speaks"A battle and I am unsure of the results that will happen or how it will end."

Hawkeye stays where he is, quiet for now as he has seen battle before large scale and short scale in his many seasons.

Crevan frowns looking at the badger lord "Are you going to make the Blackrose go away?"

Ciocan speaks quietly "That is my goal, I will try but not sure how well it will go....beasts will be hurt, beasts will...lose their lives...on both sides"

Hawkeye frowns as he listens "Battle can not always...know results he is correct"

Crevan listens and frowns "I'm sure you will be able to, your big and strong and the long patrol train very hard." He tightens his grip on his father's tail "you will make the bad beast go away, then i can play on the beach again."

Ciocan smiles a little "Being big and strong does not always go in one's favor...it does help though"

Hawkeye looks at Crevan and smiles a little "It will be ok, we will hopefully have good news later tomorrow or the next day"

Crevan nods and smiles "Ok......make sure you make the bad beast go away....." He looks up at his father "So papa you where looking for shrimp, did you find any..... what ya going to make with it?"

Ciocan stands and nods, "I must go and ready the hares going with me"He then heads back to the mountain quietly.

Hawkeye nods "I found some yes, we can make some hot root stew and seaweed salad"

Crevan tilts his head "Hot root stew.......what is hotroot?"

Hawkeye chuckles "That spicy soup or stew that's in the tavern sometimes"

Crevan hmmms and isn't sure if he will like it but will try it all the same "i guess we should go home papa......seems like its not going to be safe place here."

===The battle is now ===

Silverwing circles around the camp and then lands with grace and..forget the grace she tumbles a little and shakes her head..oh well she tried as she gets sand off her beck and spits out some, looks around and mutters "Perfect...landing....almost"

Rudolfo was trying to relax, and be alert also when the bird shows up and he right away stands up and paw on saber and then frowns, ok he has seen her before as he walks slowly over"Umm...ya ok thar?"

Gregorian already had to deal with one bird from Blackrose this week and he's in no mood for another as he spots the eagle circling before her less than graceful landing. By the time she's down on the ground he's already got the bow he bought along out and got an arrow ready in case of trouble "Keep back Rud, they already had one bird, they could have anothah"

Silverwing looks at Gregorian and tilts her head"Tis rud hare...point arrow at Silverwing...Silverwing here to aid harebeasts..plenty help ya"She perns a wing feather back into place."Silverwing seen bad beasts..many bad beasts round couple dozen...maybe few more walk around in and out, in and out of building"

Rudolfo frowns "She's on our side...I think"Ok he isn't sure, as he listens to the bird he does keep his distance as he is told,"She had a shrew with her one time"

Gregorian frowns and tries to think back on all the reports he's read lately. A lot has happened but a shrew with an eagle sounds familiar. He grunts and lowers the arrow but he's not putting it away "Rathah be sure this close tah the place but if yah say she's with us though..." his attention shifts to quickly check the area around them is still quiet as he nods to the news of numbers "Just the one buildin' or many? Yah see where they've got the slaves?"

Silverwing speaks, "One large building and seeum wall...broken in places wall geta rebuild ya..maybe old building they slowly repair..4-5 guards outside."

Rudolfo frowns a little but listens, then smiles after a short while. "So..maybe we will get to surprise them, that would be helpful

Gregorian nods slowly again as he thinks "Good tah know the land and numbahs ahead of time. Surprisin' them would be even bettah. We'll just have tah keep back until we're ready and they'll hopefully nevah see us comin'"

Zolomon is nearby, basically quiet and getting ready for when the battle starts. He has his longbow,arrows and even a saber if needed.

Silverwing asks, "Notta see comin' tis good ya?"

Melantha is inside her base, it's a slow day so far and most are inside...outside is about 6-7 guards, and a couple others that are asleep by the wall. Most of the slaves(8 total) are inside, of the 8 maybe a couple ..an otter and a mouse, are outside tending to fixing something by the wall.

MOSWEN looks around and at the cat "I am bored, we should do something and not just sit around. Why wait till it's warmer to do much that's dumb"

Gregorian keeps low and quiet, waiting for orders. He can just about see a bit of the walls but he's not going to even think about getting closer until everyone's ready and he'd told. He can't see any of the vermin yet though he's constantly on the lookout.

Silverwing decides to do a little looking around she will be around when needed, just a little unseen

Ciocan is here with the hares that came, waiting for a good time to call on the ambush to begin. He has spoken with the hares on what was important to know.

Rudolfo says, "So...do we slowly sneak in, maybe take out guards one by one?""

Zolomon speaks finally, "I can help with taking out a guard or two with my arrows and stay hidden at the same time

Varus comes up shore, leading his small patrol to take part in the fight. He only has 11 other hares with him, Dominick not included, and he looks fairly put out with having to deal with such low numbers.

Melantha looks over at Moswen and rolls her eyes "Not much happens anywhere in colder weather, yes it's slowly getting warmer...and its not like others are doing much either so be quiet Moswen"

MOSWEN just stands up and heads outside muttering how everyone is lazy today"She looks around and notes at least one of the sleeping guards but leaves them alone for now.

Gregorian is there regardless of the fact he's not in Varus' patrol, somehow he's even ended up with the small group already waiting in the area "Quietly would be bettah. There's slaves tah worry about as well" he keeps his eyes moving, checking constantly and sees Varus arriving with more hares and quickly ducks out of cover to signal their position to them before he returns to his crouched position.

Ciocan takes a deep breath and then after a while speaks"Let's do this...slowly get to the main building and any archers can take out the guards and be careful. Some can get inside and some stay outside."He has his war hammer at ready as he makes his way towards the main building slowly, there is places to stay out of sight but not many and once they are by the broken wall and inside...the true fighting begins.

Silverwing is circling a little in the sky and lands, for once fairly good beside a rat who eyes widen, but before he has a chance to sound an alarm the rat is grabbed by the birds talons and silenced fairly quickly, there...one guard down so far.

Rudolfo nods slowly and is ready as he stays low and as out of sight as he can get as its decided who shall go in and who stays outside as he keeps alert for trouble, saber at his side.

Zolomon nods as he slips off and slowly across the sands, keeping an eye to the skies and to the area the vermin seem to be moving around right now. He selects an arrow and finds a place to stay for now as he aims, he has yet to fire off an arrow as the right moment has yet to come up, he will wait and be alert, hopefully others are alert as well to make sure no one sees the archer, least the vermin anyways.

MOSWEN walks around, kicks the one guard awake and mutters "Do wake up, not wise to sleep"She looks around and seems to not notice any threats to them yet,then she isn't where she can see anyone right now.

Varus spots Greg and directs his privates to take cover with the others. He tosses a wordless salute all around, and then waits to see what happens.

Melantha yawns and looks to a couple slaves "Well..clean up this mess oh"She grins as she purposely tips over the water bucket "And that" She smirks and chuckles coldly"This base will soon be ready for more vermin and slaves as well."

Gregorian brought a bow for this but hangs back waiting until Varus has caught up enough to catch him and the others up "Couple dozen vermin that we know of. One buildin'. There's a wall around it but plenty of breaks in it. The eagle appears tah be on our side. We don't know anythin' certain about how many and where they're keepin' slaves. We're goin' in quiet. Takin' them out without raisin' the alarm" he mutters quietly before he slowly starts to advance himself.

Ciocan stays out of sight best he can as he walks along the wall and stops at one of the small openings and takes a quick peek inside before once more staying by the wall.

Felicity is at the back of Varus's group, silent and scowling, loaded sling in paw and short sword at her side. The scratch above her eyebrow is nicely stitched and bandaged, with a brown cloth tied over the white bandages to add camouflage. She just quietly waits for orders, more than ready to kick some evil vermin butt.

Silverwing has killed one rat and just sort of leaves them on the wall before flying to another area of the wall and slamming a weasel into it and lets them drop to the ground cawing quietly.

Rudolfo gets to the wall and waits to be told what to do from there, no one has gone in just yet it seems but likely soon.

Zolomon stays ever alert and decides to fire off an arrow as one guard gets a little too alert suddenly as if they see the hares or see someone at least, The vermin starts to move quickly along the wall to get to another guard, it's then the hare frowns and takes aim..fires...the vermin is hit in the neck and falls off the wall to the outside and not the inside. He gets another arrow and waits, hopefully no one saw the vermin take a nose dive to the sands.

The hare may be a little out of luck as Moswen did and lets off a low grumble as she gets out a couple daggers and goes to the area where the weasel fell, there is like one set of stairs only to go up and it's almost all the way down from where she is. She does not let anyone else know there may be woodlanders around, not yet anyways.

Varus nods at Greg. "Aye, I see, wot. I brought wot privates I could mustah... Let's 'ope we got enough..." The old hare is cut off when he hears the weasel get shot, and hits the sand. "Who fired tha' shot? Our covah is likely blown!"

Gregorian edges forward until he can see through a gap in the wall "His Lordship wanted them shot sah" he mutters back to Varus "It's quietah than chargin' in at least and they probably didn't hear it inside" he can just see someone through the wall gap and after a second draws the bow he brought. He's very careful about aiming before he shoots the vermin and draws a second arrow, waiting and watching in case anyone comes to check out the dead beast.

Ciocan has stayed by the wall, he did see the weasel fall but stays where he is as hares edge ever closer to the base. He glaces up, for now it seems the vermin on the wall seem to not notice their friend is dead yet..that is good so far as he gets his war hammer out and grips it knowing once they start to head inside an alert likely will be made, but hopefully some damage can be done first. He looks to 2-3 hares that got beside him..they best be ready at his signal to go inside.

Felicity is following behind Gregorian, reminiscent of an auburn ghost. She slides up beside the Badger Lord, ready for his signal, searching for any vermin to see them so she can shoot them in the face with her sling. The bird who scratched her face made her mad, okay?

Silverwing circles as she has taken out two guards and then the one weasel is gone, and someone spots the large eagle as caws loudly and sadly is seen and causes a little panic ...oh well add to the panic and so she dives down and grabs a rat in each talon and flies off, a couple archers fire at the bird and miss!!Well seems the bird seems to have made the vermin a bit alert, hopefully they just assume its a random eagle!

Rudolfo frowns as he looks at the eagle, "Well that can't be good..now what?" He asks quietly, do they charge in or wait?

Zolomon watches Silverwing and frowns. He has an arrow ready in case he needs to fire off one but for now he waits to see if the vermin are on alert...likely they are now but he blames the eagle if that's true.

MOSWEN makes it to the stairs and spins around eyes widen "Someone kill the bird!!! What ya mean ya missed..so someone get the boss!"

Melantha arches an eyebrow and slips outside "What in the seasons..."She sees the eagle fly off and glares at the sky as she snorts "If it returns shoot it down, not having any beast ruin my plans, my plans will happen one way or another"

Varus nods at Greg. "Aha, I see..." But then there's the commotion of the eagle, and yelling can be heard. "I think t'is safe ta say our covah *is* blown now, though," he says with a grimace, paw going to grip of his rapier.

Gregorian was waiting to shoot anyone who went to the dead beast but none came and suddenly his ear twitches to the sound of the bird before the vermin start shouting in panic and firing at the sky "Darn birds" he grumbles "Guess we should be glad she took some with her. Well...If we wanted a distraction that's probably the best we're goin' tah get" he moves quickly to the base of the wall, keeping an eye on the badger lord, waiting for the order to move in while the vermin are busy looking up.

Ciocan decides they may as well start the attack while there is a little panic already, he gives the signal and right away is heading to an opening, he grabs a surprised weasel by the throat and the weasel has no time to give an alarm of any kind.

Rudolfo follows the badger lord and looks around"Ok so guess some can slowly get to the main building and others attack out here..."A rat sees him and he frowns and draws out his saber "Ello..chat?How about not...rather fight" The rat seems ok with this.

Zolomon narrows his eyes, well seems the fight has begun and his arrows are ready. He fires off at another vermin who clearly seen the hares and gives off a alarm but it is cut short as the arrow enters the vermin's chest and they fall...into the base grounds.

MOSWEN blinks and quickly scans the area, oh yeah she sees the hares now and snorts, she quickly goes down below to find her leader"Boss...boss!!"

Felicity follows after the badger, switching her loaded sling to her left paw as she does so. Drawing her short sword, she slams her sling as if it's a flexible club into the face of a very surprised weasel. Stabbing him in the chest, she pulls her sword out and whips around, smacking another vermin upside the head with her still-loaded sling and stabbing at a third vermin's chest. Silent as the calm before a storm.

Melantha is on the grounds now and looks far from happy to see panic and growls, tail wagging

Varus draws his rapier, and urges his nine privates to charge in. In spite of his age, he's still quite a force to be reckoned with, as he cuts down a rat and a stoat both in quick succession, without even giving a second thought.

Gregorian moves the moment Ciocan gives the signal and he peeks around the wall quickly to get a better idea who's there. He doesn't charge straight in but takes aim at the archers who were shooting at the bird and he waits, letting the others get as far as they can before they're spotted but the moment the archers turn to see the hares he fires.

Oh, yeah, Felicity just charged in after the badger. He's more terrifying than she is, and he's bigger, so they'll shoot at him first, right? Probably. Hey, he's doubling as a shield! Sweet. As her 3 vermin lay dead (well, the one is actually stunned) on the ground, and she turns to see who's behind her. Spotting the cat, she smiles and waves her sword cheekily, taunting the slaver.

Rudolfo steps back and watches the vermin in front of him, the vermin then grins and suddenly charges the hare, Rud sidesteps and slices at the vermin's side drawing blood and goes to block a blade as the vermin swings back at him.

Zolomon keeps back, for now and just fires off at one of the vermin's archers and doesn't kill the vermin archer but for sure wounds them in the arm as they stumble and look for where the arrow was fired at them. They may or may not see Zolomon now.

MOSWEN ears go flat and she flicks her throwing daggers at one of the hares and then sees the archer"Kill the archer...someone kill him he is a threat..."Oh and the badger isn't one? Gee

Melantha draws her long blade and narrows her eyes "Kill any hare I don't care which hare...just kill them"She looks around, ok where is the badger...he has to be here somewhere as she is no fool, she knows he is dangerous.

Varus has charged in just as boldly as Felicity. He lives for this, and the chance to let his rapier do the talking is what gets him up in the morning. "Give 'em Hell, Lads! Th' ol' blood'n'guts! Eulaliaaaaa!" As he yells, he quickly draws one of his hidden daggers and stabs a cat in the heart, killing it instantly. The old Fighter his making his way inexorably toward Moswen, and it's clear he's no mood for a quiet chat.

Gregorian is acting like an archer, the call to attack an archer doesn't exactly fill him with concern though as he keeps on the move. It's not his weapon of choice though and he takes too long to aim before there's suddenly vermin approaching fast. He tosses the bow, literally, it hits one in the head. Greg is back to his element as he draws hammers, deflects a sword and shatters a few bones within seconds.

Ciocan is fighting about 4 vermin who dared to get too close, their mistake they finally find out as two of the vermin die by his war hammer, one gets their arm broken but goes to stab the badger in the leg and one decides to drop their weapon and run away!

Felicity is moving towards where the slaves are kept, stabbing some vermin and smacking others in the face with her loaded sling. This is probably a good thing since baddies are now converging on the badger for obvious reasons.

Rudolfo slips to the doorway to the building entry and does a quick look back and forth and hmmms. He steps inside and sees the hallway and the entry to the large room...well hallways lead to cells right?He hopes someone else tags along with him as there is still vermin inside as well, just more outside now clearly.

Zolomon stays alert, so far is just is firing arrows and either wounding a vermin or killing one, most is wounding so others can finish a vermin off. He does his best to stay alert as he knows they had a couple archers, one is injured at least and he spots them and fires off another arrow finishing the vermin archer off.

MOSWEN sees Varus and grins, she has two daggers left as she flicks one at him and holds onto the other. And yes..yes there is another archer on the Blackrose side...and they are aiming at Zolomon, and from behind so not too good odds right now.

Melantha ears back she hisses and claws at a hare...the hare stumbles back and looks to have an eye injury as the cat chuckles and tenses up as another hare gets a good slice on her arm, she swings and barely misses beheading the hare.

Felicity has followed Rudolfo into the building, and will help fight off vermin, as needed. Once they get to the slaves and free them, she will take charge of taking them to the safe place already planned for them to stay. All the slavers in her way had better watch out, though, because she is beyond ready to make them lose their lives....and their heads, if necessary.

Varus takes that dagger in his left shoulder... But he doesn't even stop, not even for a moment. He cuts down another rat, and steps right over it's corpse. "Yah think a li'l daggah c'n stop me?" he roars out, tugging the weapon from his shoulder and using it to stab a weasel in the chest. "Ya'll need a LOT more 'n' that, Fox!"

Gregorian finishes off one vermin and is facing off against the one he hit with a bow, not realizing he's being snuck up on until it's too late and he stumbles forward as he's slashed across the back by a sword. There's a pause before Greg straightens up, throws a hammer instead of a bow at the first vermin and then turns an irritated look on the vermin behind him. He's going to have to stitch up his uniform but the armor underneath works just fine. A hammer to the face and another vermin goes down before he too heads for the building, picking up his thrown hammer on the way.

Ciocan finishes off a couple vermin and snorts at the one who ran..right into one of the hares. So far no deaths on the hare's side..vermin there is many as they are well under half the amont they were. And the vermin back away from the badger, one gets brave and dies quickly. The vermin number about maybe 15 now, some inside being taken out by the hares inside as the battle goes on.

Rudolfo stays close to the couple hares with him and stabs a rat, he slips closer to a door and frowns, ok where is a key...oh yes on the dead rat as he gets the key and goes to unlock the door"Your freedom is near..not ta worry"He will let the other couple hares kill the other guard and get the other cell open, then they have to get outside again.

Zolomon sidesteps a rat that tries to stab him and sighs as ok fine he will put the longbow to the side and stab the rat, he stays focus and alert to most.

MOSWEN grins "A high ranking bunny too...let's try ta kill ya...see more blood hmmmms?" She slices at him again and spins the dagger she has, she is close to Varus ready to try and finish him off. Meanwhile that archer that was aiming at Zolomon....yeah he fires off his arrow, so...does it hit the hare or miss?

Melantha ears flatten as she hisses and growls. This is not happening "I will not be defeated"She stabs a hare and kicks them into the wall, well at least one hare dies today too bad it's not a high ranking hare as she keeps her ears flat and scans the area..oh the badger..great, she yells "Attack the badger! Attack him!!" A couple look at her like she is insane "Follow my orders !"

Varus thoughtfully planned ahead and wore armor under his uniform, so the vixen's slash does little more than slice open his jacket. That seems to really perturb the old hare, however, and he lunges at Moswen in return, his rapier dancing dangerously between them. Unfortunately for Varus, however, his legs are largely unprotected. "More blood? Yah'll have ta keep tryin'!"

Gregorian gets in to the building to see the vermin pretty much having been mopped up by hares already "Keep them inside until it's safe. Anyone need healin'?" he questions as he sticks near the door and takes a moment to look over the batter "Yah know I'm gettin' tired of listenin' tah that cat. She goes down I reckon the rest will scattah..." he says as he picks up one of the chairs in the building and tests the weight for potential throwing "Any volunteers tah help take down a feline and finish this?" he asks of the hares inside the building.

Ciocan snarls at any vermin that get near him, there is not very many now and...well seems they are too scared of the badger to attack him as they back up and he steps forward and they back up more"No vermin leave alive..."Is an order he gives, "once the slaves are out...make sure to burn the building down." Some of the hares are ready to kill the vermin and one by the doorway checks inside to see who is inside the building still.

Rudolfo stabs a rat and smiles as the slaves are free...a couple are injured but ..he counts 8...are alive, he nods to Greg"I can try sur...or we can surround her maybe."He will help make sure the slaves get outside and lets the couple hares near him take out any vermin in the way....yeah the vermin are so low now.

Zolomon grins as he beheads a rat and "Lose ya head over all..."He tenses up as an arrow sinks into his shoulder area, not nearly as bad as it could since he has armor on but darn it still hurts as he frowns and takes his longbow, through the pain and manages to fire off an arrow before he drops to his knees and takes in a couple deep breaths, that hurt a lot worse moving! But oh look..the archers hit and falls, the arrow may of missed a vital spot but the fall breaks some bones as the vermin archer groans and frowns...yeah he would have to be right near the badger wouldn't he.

MOSWEN leaps back as the hare's weapon slashes into her and blood spills, a lot of blood as she stumbles and falls sideways. The slash is across her chest as she tries to stab back at Varus but her aim is a bit weak now.

Melantha growls as her vermin are clearly drooping like flies, total vermin left counting a still alive Moswen and herself....5 vermin. She hisses and charges at the badger, blade out and ready to stab! One hare manages to get a slice in on the cat's leg and she stumbles and gets her balance back.

Varus is able to easily deflect Moswen's blade, and he attempts to knock it from her paw, and leave her utterly defenseless. He presses the tip of his rapier to her throat, and issues an ultimatum. "That's a bad cut yah've got there, fox. Yer gonna bleed out... Unless I intahvene." Is he... Offering her a chance to surrender? "If ya concede, I'll get our healah ta save yer sorry life, an' yah'll be our prisonah... But yah'll be *alive*. Othahwise... 'Ellsgates await yah. Wot is yer decision? Choose quickly... I'm an impatient beast..."

Gregorian nods to Rud and the hares still in the building "Yeah, spread out, surround her and if yah see an opportunity take it. Yah don't want a long fight with a cat, kill her fast. I'll try tah draw her attention. Get behind her if yah can" he says as he heads for the door and he's still got the chair in his paw. He heads for the fight quickly "Hey mothball!" he yells as after a little wind up throws the chair at the cat.

Ciocan growls and the 3 vermin in front of him back off, he sees Melantha and waits till she is in front of him and then kicks her aiming to break something at least as he scans for other vermin and keeps an eye on the cat. The other 3 vermin run, only to be taken down by some hares..looks like its 2 left now.

Rudolfo nods as he has his saber ready and keeps his distance for now as he watches the cat, he edges close and just waits. The cat is still alive after all so still a danger.

Zolomon stands and is helped to somewhere off to the side by a fellow hare as he frowns, ok some others will need to finish off the cat..little too painful to fire off an arrow again right now.

MOSWEN answer is to spit blood into Varus face and kick at him with one of her booted foot paws, these are thick boots too so likely will hurt.

Melantha sent flying in the air and tumbles a couple times. About 4 ribs are broken and her good arm when she lands. She stands and her claws come out and she gets a chair to the face!She hisses as some blood runs down her face now as she glares, is she the only one alive...wait Moswen looks alive for now.

Varus gets spit right in the face, but stands his ground, at least until he's kicked roughly. Unfortunately for the vixen, he stumbles forward... Driving his blade into her chest.

Gregorian can't help a quiet chuckle. It really is satisfying to fight with furniture. He draws his hammers again but with the obvious lack of vermin left alive he's pretty sure the cat's end is inevitable no matter what as the hares start to surround her. He advances, spinning one hammer by its strap.

Ciocan will check inside to make sure no one else is inside, no slaves and a lone rat is quickly killed with his hammer as he exits and gives the order for the place to be burned to the ground. He looks over at where the Blackrose leader is and just watches, let the hares finish her off he decides. He directs a healer to a couple of the injured who stay a safe distance from a now burning building.

Rudolfo circles the cat and grips his saber, if she tries to lunge at him she is getting stabbed, and sliced at by a hare beside him.

MOSWEN is quickly killed by Varus and he life ends with her last breath.

Melantha snorts as she does go to slice at Rudolfo only to get a slice to the shoulder and across her chest, she falls to her knees and pants as blood pours down her arms and chest. She has lost a lot of blood and likely has some bleeding inside too as she has a sort of far away look to her eyes now and looks to be fighting passing out.

Varus gets up, and has a noticeable limp now. It's possible the fox's kick broke his leg. Surveying the mob taking down Melantha, he hangs back, letting them take care of the cat.

Gregorian steps forwards as the cat starts to go down and swings a hammer at her shoulder just to add more broken bones on to the injuries. He's wary still though and tries not to get too close.

Ciocan stays nearby in case he is needed to finish off the cat, He looks around, all but Melantha is dead.....he looks to the hares as there is injuries, and sadly one hare was killed as he frowns...but it could of been more and he knows that, still losing even one hare is still a loss.

Rudolfo lets Greg get an attack in and then slowly steps closer to the cat and takes a swing at her neck putting a lot of power behind the swing!

Zolomon sits down and watches from where he is, he will be fine just need to get that arrow out as its sort of sideways now. Lucky it's not poisoned but may be barbed tip and it did get into his arm slightly, tangled with the armor it hurts..a lot.

Melantha is hit in the shoulder and slumps forwards, she coughs and makes a low hiss...her claws out with a shaky paw as she looks up in time to see Rud blade come at her, she seems to just accept her fate as her paw drops and the blade slices into her, at first it seems like its maybe a deep cut and then she slumps sideways and her head rolls couple feet away. No vermin survived the attack, and the base is burning now...may be good to leave. Some hares may of already escorted the slaves out to somewhere on the beach, likely where ever camp is to rest a little before heading back to the mountain

Varus nods resolutely when the cat falls dead, and he makes his way closer, limping and gritting his teeth through the pain. "We best get outta here, wot... This fire will spread quickly."

Even with only hares remaining alive and the cat's head departed from her body Greg still takes a minute to really accept it's over and relax. He looks around. They didn't do badly but still lost one. A small frown for that and he gestures to a couple of uninjured hares, asking them to carry the dead one back home with them. He sighs at the fire as he moves to offer Varus an arm to help with the limping "I know yah eagle but how about we finish fightin' and get ready tah leave /before/ we set the place on fire next time!" he yells at no one in particular since he's not sure who started it "That went rathah well though...I think we'll all deserve a drink when we get back"

Ciocan makes sure all the hares are out, no one was inside when the fire started and a couple stay behind to make sure the fire stays in the base and not anywhere else...then there is a lot of sand and some dead weeds..a little swamp that keeps the fire from going like into some nearby woods. It will burn a good 3-4 hours .

Rudolfo nods and goes to follow the others, he will help any that need helps out as well "So..back ta camp a little while then...home"

Zolomon nods "Home sounds...nice...or maybe a drink at the tavern first."

Varus leans on Greg and nods. "Aye, I'll take you up on that offah of a drink, wot... Just as soon as I get a healah ta look at mah leg... Think it's fractured from that kick... This'll be a bloody long walk, wot..."

"Fractured?" Greg repeats, give Varus' leg a look "We'll get yah a stretchah sah. Walkin' all the way back on a broken leg sounds like a good way tah lose it" he glances back at the others "Personally all I want tah do is go home, write wotevah report we need tah do and sit in the rec room and enjoy the peace for howevah long it lasts"

Ciocan walks up to Varus, "He is correct...a couple can make a stretcher and get you home or...I can carry you myself, you can choose one of those options..only"

Zolomon sighs as he just wants to get home as well, or least the armor/armor thing dealed with so he can just get a drink but he is likely forced to go back to the mountain anyways, and he is fine with that as he can go out later.

Varus harrumps. "Yer correct, Greg..." He sighs. "Get me th' stretchah, then. Let's jus' get 'ome as quickly as possible, wot. I 'ave ta make a report, too, aftah all..."

Gregorian smiles faintly "Trust me, yah'll be happiah tomorrow not walkin' it" he throws a quick salute to the major and badger and does what sergeants do best: organise the little things so the higher ranks don't have to "If yah injured make yahself known! You two, make a stretchah. Soonah we can move out, soonah we'll be home"

Ciocan looks around and starts to head back, he glaces towards the sea a moment and stands watching it a quiet hmmms and then shakes his head and heads on back to the mountain with his hares, just glad this is over and they can....relax.

Last edited by oz (2019-02-16 05:52:07 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer