Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-02 08:20:58 PM

Karth Riverbark

The day gets Worse and Worse and..MUCH WORSE!-LP LOG

WHO:

Hanzi-Me- LP Recruit

Felcity-LP Corporal and runner

Zolomon-LP Private First Class and Runner

Gregorian- LP  Sargeant and Fighter,Also Blacksmith

Rudolfo- LP Private and Fighter

Hawkeye-Old otter,bartender in Halyard Tavern

Carren- Salior and Fighter

Crevan-Little fox dibbun whom is good

Taz-2nd in command of The BlackRose

Log:

Hawkeye has a slight limp and using a cane to walk around as he serves some drinks, he sits down slowly in a chair and looks around. It's past the time of morning when beasts are crowing the place so he has a couple hours till lunch happens.

Carran arrived on ship a few weeks ago and has yet to sail away again yet but he's been busy selling things and is due a break which of course means a trip to the tavern. He approves of the quiet as he slips in the door and heads straight for the bar. Quick nod to the otter he's seen behind the bar before "Mornin'"

Hawkeye nods and offers a smile "Ya wanna drink sir? Maybe a min mornin' meal?' He is in a fairly good mood this morning.

"Both if y'please" Carran replies as he settles himself on a bar stool "Y'know, it's goin' well, I fancy somethin' fancy. I forget if y'do wine 'ere? What's yer...fifth cheapest drink?" He chuckles.

Hawkeye chuckles "There is mead, wine, beers, whiskey even ere'..anything from a copper and even one drink that's a couple gold coins, few get it though and most run some number of silver or copper or a mix of the two"

Hanzi walks in slowly. He has some everyday clothing on today as he soon finds a place to sit down and looks over at the otter, he remembers him and waves a hello.

Carran strokes his beard as he's deciding "Couple of gold each? Maybe I should start shippin' tha' around everywhere an' retire early" Another chuckle "I'll take the mead. Y'just can't make it out t'sea" His ear twitches when he hears the door open and he briefly glances over to see the hare enter "Oh, the longears are 'ere already. I'll take wha'ever y'got f'food. Quick before they eat it all" He sounds amused.

Hawkeye waves to Hanzi as he speaks "The long patrol still come sometimes for a meal if they are around the village, not around as much as they use to be" He gets the mead and some mid morning meal, looks like fruit and oatmeal and some toast."You need anything Hanzi?"

Hanzi steps over and sits down as he shrugs "I..umm..don't know and yeah the long patrol still comes around, and I don't need..anything really I am fine just been training with someone is all."He looks at the otter and seems unsure of weather to ask or not ask but then "Umm..Hawkeye?..errrrr....ya remember some marten here and ya talked to him, a couple said ya talked to one but then ya seemed to forget ya did or something.."

Carran rolls his eyes before he pulls his meal over "I know this shore is full of the patrol. Y'lot can't see a joke less it's stuck t'yer nose" He doesn't interrupt the other conversation. He knows nothing of martens and doesn't seem to care yet.

Hawkeye nods, he then blinks "I...would remember talking to a marten if I did...if it were important, I mean I do serve drinks and food here after all. What marten would it be?" Yes that might help him remember or so he hopes.

Hanzi glares a little at the rabbit and takes a deep breath, he then looks at Hawkeye.."Strange purple eyes...tall and his name is Taz. Might have a tattoo of a fancy black rose flower with thorns and leaves,vines and stuff or he keeps that hidden maybe.'

Carran still doesn't look particularly interested as he munches his way through a bit of apple "If y'lot are at war /again/ just tell me now so I can sail away. I'd rather avoid the winter storms but if yer all goin' tah be killin' each other I'd like t'know"

Hawkeye frowns, "I..remember..but was before Tarsa was killed and I do know a couple of you hares asked like couple week sago about talking some marten...but I had no clue whom they were.."He frowns.."Wait..but this was day before I...the news of Tarsa's death..that marten with the purple eyes are in here and I told him to leave, and then I was in the back and had this real bad dizzy feelin' and not remembering how I got a the back and seemly a couple hours passed somehow , well I mean,,ta me seemed odd but he wasn't in the tavern when I came ta look, no where..around"He frowns, maybe slightly worried.

Hanzi frowns, "Kalypso said he..controls beasts with eye contact or something like that..."He looks at the rabbit and shakes his head "Could always go...inland a little and the long patrol will take care of this Blackrose soon....we know...well will know where the base is soon..Kalypso will show us...she is helping us "

Carran looks visibly annoyed "'ere I am, just attemptin' t'enjoy some shore leave but there y'go ruinin' it. Y'land folk never go five minutes without some sorta fightin' and now y'tellin' me every little bit f'ye plan like I give a damn"

Hawkeye frowns, he looks around and sighs "Hanzi...ya should be careful...ya lucky few are 'ere" And he is right, the hare got fairly lucky. But he is worried about the marten "Is..the marten around?I can fight if needed and try not to worry too much sir"He says to Carran "I am sure de long patrol will take care of things soon..this village is fairly safe from most things"

Hanzi folds his arms over his chest and mutters something, beasts always telling him what to do or not do, he looks at the otter and rolls his eyes "Duhh he is around and his name is Taz..dangerous beast."Ok he has some anger issues today, more so than he usually does. "And vermin always come in here..some to cause trouble and others not too....not like they all can be like...watched and stuff ya know..good grief"

Carran shakes his head and mutters "I should just go see 'ow much this marten would pay for yer plan" he jabs a finger in Hanzi's direction "Y're just lucky I hate vermin more than hares"

Hawkeye sighs as he decides, ok worry later as he speaks to Hanzi"Hanzi...lad..what is ya problem this mornin'?" Yes just get to the point.

Hanzi just glares at them both "I have no problem...you two do and why you hate hares huh?" He looks at the rabbit and snorts, "Ya work fer de black rose or something"He looks at Hawkeye and folds his arms over his chest "Wots it to ya...why ya care? Huh....ya should care that ya seem ta have memory lost cause of Taz..or way maybe ya don't..oh well..maybe the tavern will burn down or something"He mutters, ok yeah he has some issues today.

Crevan was taking a nap on the floor next to the bar, and despite all the talking he was trying hard to just ignore it and go back to sleep. Sadly for him he wasn't able to and now he is awake and sitting up yawning. It takes him a few moments to stand up stretching in place for a few more seconds while he looks around the room

Carran dismisses the question with a wave of his paw "I'm a rabbit. Y'try gettin' mistaken for somethin' hares yer entire life an' y'might hate it too" he finally looks back to his food again "Y'start burnin' down taverns though an' I will object. Y'don't destroy the drinks"

Hawkeye just goes to bonk the hare on the head with his cane, not enough to knock out but it will surely hurt. Yes he seen Crevan enter but he's focus is on the hare.

Hanzi blinks and rubs his head "Wot was that for?" He shakes his head "I didn't say anyone would burn down a tavern and if vermin do that...well they do that huh."He glares at the otter and the rabbit and back to the otter.

Crevan gives a small giggle the way dibbuns do when they see others around there age getting in trouble, but his attention turns towards the rabbit as he walks over to him and stares for a few moments a friendly grin on his face "I never met a rabbit before!" He comments with a excited voice "but how do you tell the difference between a rabbit and a hare?"

Carran smirks at the head bonk but then the giggle draws his attention and he spots the fox and instantly frowns. A frown that gets bigger with that question "Well it ain't by taste if tha's wha' yer parents try an' teach y'"

Hawkeye frowns as he hears Carran and speaks to Hanzi.."Your actin' foolish lad that's what ya be doin' and you have anger issues that need seriously worked on, anger can lead to a bad road and ya don't want that I am sure. Anger issues have no place in de long patrol lad, none at all...don't help in fighting a foe either as it clouds ya mind"He glaces at Crevan now "Hello Crevan..you ok this morning?"

Hanzi snorts, why is beasts bossing him around as he seems to have listen to anyone in the room, and then "Foolish?..Anger issues?...You need ta.."He makes a fist slowly and just glares, in his mind the otter is being annoying and just making his day worse. He opens and shuts his eyes and then he goes to punch the otter, yeah maybe that will least shut the otter up and he can just leave, not like the otter is paying attention to him, maybe he should.

Crevan is used to people frowning at him and so he pays it no mind but the mention about his parents makes him a little sad "My parents are dead." He points to Hawkeye "But Hawkeye adopted me so I'm not alone anymore, but me mama and papa never talked about eatin' anyone either." He then turns to Hawkeye and waves "I'm good papa, a little hungry, but you seem busy." His attention turns back to the rabbit still wanting a answer for his question

Carran is an ass but even he fights back the urge to say it's good that his parents are dead. He really has to fight it though. He squints at the otter with the news he adopted the fox "...Why?" he can't help but question but then suddenly Hanzi is throwing a punch and the rabbit reacts on the instinct born of a hundred bar fights and instantly goes to punch the hare back.

Hawkeye answers Carran "Yes he is my son..he is a dibbun and not evil...."He raises a paw and seems to barely stop the fist he now holds in his own and looks at Hanzi and narrows his good eye but says nothing as he lets go of the paw. He didn't go to hurt the paw, but he did hold it a little tight as he speaks "I may be old...but a warrior rarely loses their reflexes lad...be lucky I am not young anymore lad..."

Hanzi eyes go wide as his punch is stopped and his jaw drops. When his paw is released he just glares and seems more anger "Oh..OH...so ya old..and not young, ha..bet ya too afraid ta------"And words are just cut short, he forgot about the rabbit maybe as he feels a punch and it's not from the old otter as he groans and falls to the tavern floor unconscious now and a now swelling jaw..yeah the left side of his face may be a little sore later and he may of lost a tooth too. Well...he did calm down, not the best way to calm down though.

Crevan just watches the whole thing happen, first seeing the hare go to punch is father which made him rather angry, excitement when he sees his father easily stop the punch, then shock when he sees the rabbit land a clean blow to the hare's face and now he isn't sure what to do so he just stands there and watches

Carran remains tense for a moment until he sees Hanzi's not getting back up. He suddenly grins and does a happy bounce "Ha!" he yells before pointing down at the unconscious hare "Yah show yah long patrol tha!" he goes to give Hanzi a small kick that's unlikely to do any damage before grabbing his drink and leaving the hare on the floor.

Hawkeye steps back and sighs, he mutters something and speaks to another otter and a ferret on duty"Take the lad to the back room, tell me when he wakes up" And he looks at Carran and sighs "I...ok maybe de lad needed knocked out but shouldn't of kicked him...gonna have ta talk to de lad he is gonna make long patrol hares look bad." He smiles at Crevan and gives him some oatmeal and a glass of milk before sitting down beside him

Crevan hops up onto the table, still not used to using chairs it would seem and starts to eat his oatmeal "Hanzi seems to always be gettin' into trouble papa." He comments before he looks over at the rabbit again

Carran flexes his paw as it stings a little from the punch while he's triumphantly drinks his mead "He got 'imself int' the fight, he deserved wha'ever he got" he replies to Hawkeye with a shrug.

Hawkeye sighs "Yeah..."He looks at Crevan "Crevan...there is a marten around...strange eyes of purple if you see him stay away from him...please he is dangerous and might"He frowns, ok he is a little worried maybe but doesn't finish his though out loud as he just looks around the tavern.

Crevan looks back over to his father and nods "Marten with purple eyes, sure it wont be hard to spot him." He then goes back to eating his food "Should be easy enough to stay away from him papa, I know how to get around town with out being seen."

Carran downs the remains of his drink and still looks pretty happy with himself. He makes a note about purple eyed martens himself before he heads for the door "I'm off before any of the hare's friends turn up an' wonder wha' 'appened"

Hawkeye nods, he watches the rabbit leave and sighs "Yeah"He says. He looks at Crevan" And if you...it I ever seem ta be outting odd just..."This hurts what he says next "Just don't go near me..get a hare or someone ya trust and tell them...ok...please Crevan, especially if that marten is hereto"

Crevan frowns but nods, not saying anything else and finishing his food "I'm going to go home and take a nap papa, like I said, I can get around town with out being seen." He gives the otter a hug before hopping down from the table and making his way to the tavern entrance "I'll see you later papa."

Hawkeye hugs him back and nods “Be careful...ok” He sighs and then goes to the back room to check on that hare,Hanzi.

==An Hour later==

Hanzi sits here...his jaw swollen and he just sits in a chair and sort of stares sown at the floor. He is in the back of the tavern.

Rudolfo enters the tavern and the first thing he notices is Hanzi and walks over, arches an eyebrow and just looks at him.

And who should come in next but Felicity, followed closely by a Recruit. "Right, always be polite unless the vermin is actually tryin' t' kill you or is enslavin' somebeast or whatevah. Good job, you're don' bettah than that othah Recruit. I 'ear he's now stuck on the duty o' cleain' out the toilets..." The Corporal spots Hanzi and Rudolfo and walks over to them, the Recruit silently trailing her. "Whot 'appened 'ere?"

Hanzi looks up at the corporal..no salute though as he speaks "I...fell....ok I was knocked out ...by a rabbit..stupid rabbit he needs slapped.."

Rudolfo pose salute though and nods, he looks at Hanzi confused "A rabbit?" He sighs "Ya sure thar..was not anyone else and wot you do to make em' do that?"

Felicity raises an eyebrow. "Well, anybeast can be good or evil -- just take into considahration how Redwall was conquered by an evil squirrel a few seasons back. Anythin' is possible." She pulls up a chair and sits down in front of Hanzi. "Tell me only th' truth, please, 'Anzi. Don't make me 'ave t'pull rank on you. Whot all 'appened 'ere?"

Zolomon walks in slowly, it's been a few days since he came to the tavern and he is out of uniform just some normal clothing and has his longbow with him.

Hanzi glares at the hare maid and snorts."The rabbit was..going on and on bout how I need ta shut up and not say things and the one old otter banged me on the head with his cane and then the rabbit knocked me out and...they were annoying and all I was doin' was telling them bout Taz..the morons..."

Rudolfo steps back and lets Felicity deal with Hanzi, he waves to Zolomon and motions him to come over, I mean friends cheer anyone up right? He tilts his head at Hanzi "Who is..Taz?"

Felicity's eyes widen. "Wait...that name sounds familiar....and the old ottah who runs the tavern? He's a gentle creatah, isn't 'e? This doesn't sound like 'im at all. Who's Taz again?" The Recruit with her just stays quite. This is obviously her first lesson outing, so she just lets the higher-ranking hare do the questioning.

Zolomon sighs but he walks over and listens quietly, he is curious but doesn't say anything right away, "Hawkeye...it's the otters name."He looks at them all before he sits down and gets a dark ale.

Hanzi rolls his eyes at Zolomon "Taz...good grief...the purple eyed marten, he can like control ya with his eyes or something..Kalospo said so and I pay attention ta her..I mean she did help us, she did bring the two privates back didnt she?"He rubs his jaw and frowns "And tah told otter..oh excuse me Hawkeye is a jerk..told him ta be careful and I bet he doesn't listen...no one listens to me...no one at all."

Rudolfo frowns, he starts to say something and decides agasit it as he shakes his head, "Wait..strange marten, isn't that the one that killed..."He stops, and looks over at Zolomon and frowns before looking away, he just stops right there for a brief moment before speaking again"Wait....Kalopso..that feline?"Ok a small bit of grumpiness is coming."You was talking to her? Why?"

Felicity purses her lips. "Strange marten with purple eyes? Yeah, 'e killed Tarsa, from what I 'eard. An' I already knew about 'is ability to 'ypnotize beasts. I wondah if 'e's 'ypnotized 'Awkeye and this rabbit? 'Twould explain why 'Awkeye's actin' so strange." She glances at Rudolfo. "Is Kalypso that cat who came to Salamandastron as a visit t' talk to 'is Lordship?" Hey, she was volunteering with the Dibbuns at the time the cat was there, so she's not 100% about some of the facts.

Zolomon was holding the nice, now half full glass of dark ale. And then he mutters and the mug break, thanks to him and his bit too tight of a grip on it. He takes a couple deep breaths and drops the rest of the mug, it finishes breaking and making a mess on the floor and his paw has blood running down it now.."That..marten ..will pay, a name..name is good lets make him not have a name cause he is freaking dead! Maybe Headless...maybe an arrow in his stupid heart..where is he? WHERE?!" A couple deep breaths to calm, and it's not working too well really. A ferret who was beside him quickly moves, yeah the ferret is getting outta here. A rat points to him "Your paw bleeding..." He gets a glare "I can make you bleed..." And...the rat flees!

Hanzi looks at Zolomon when he hears the glass break and his ears droop, then he goes to hide behind his fellow hares and peeks around the corner shaking a little, and he had a bit of a temper earlier...yeah this is...his looks like a dibbun's who didnt get a cookie compared to Zolomon's .

Rudolfo frowns "Zolomon...can ya calm...and your paw is bleeding now."He stays calm, and in his seat and looks at Felicity like...what do we do your a higher rank look.

Felicity looks sharply at the obviously angry hare. "Doesn't mattah where 'e is 'cause you're sittin' down, Private! Don't care that you're in y'civvies, I c'n still ordah y'around." The Recruit turns out to be a Healer-in-training as she pulls a first aid kit out of her haversack. She cautiously edges towards Zolomon, but doesn't try to touch him yet. The Corporal leans forward, making it difficult to use her as a shield. "Y'need t'calm y'self right now, Zolomon. Goin' off in a tempah with a bleedin' paw and a heart thirstin' for revenge will only get y'dead, and I at least prefah you breathin' an' talkin'.....and not 'ypnotized, too. Taz'd prob'ly 'ypnotiza ya an' then send y'back into th' Mountain as a weapon. Sounds like 'e may've done that t'ya friend 'Awkeye. Now please calm down right now."

Zolomon takes a few deep breaths and looks at the healer hare, then closes his eyes and tries to relax as blood goes down his paw, down his arm...well least this wont mess up his paw much, he is lucky but a couple bits of glass is in the paw and he wont be able to use it for maybe a week,but it will heal..."I wouldn't let him hypnotize me and if I had seen him...he dead ..DEAD..."He snorts and frowns when Hawkeye is mentioned "Where...is Hawkeye anyways?" He looks around and starts to stand up.

Rudolfo shrugs "I..don't know, I think he is ok..."He looks at Hanzi and frowns "Maybe you should go back to the mountain...or elsewhere but here right now lad"He looks to Felicity "I know some of that feline...claimed her mother is in charge of the Blackrose and she mentioned that Taz martin ta be careful of him..I don't trust her..I mean...she could be tricking us..still say bit too easy she happen ta somehow free the privates and walk away? How?"

Felicity goes to push Zolomon back into a sitting position. "I don't know where 'Awkeye is, and I do agree that we should look through th' tavern for 'im.../aftah/ we get y'paw fixed up." The Healer Recruit goes to pick out the glass bits and put in herbs and wrap the whole shibang up with bandages. "Please don't go aftah this marten without a full squad, alright, Zolomon? We don't need any more deaths or enslavements." She turns to Rudolfo. "Aye, I 'aven't even met 'er an' I don't trust 'er. If it seemed too easy to get the captured 'ares back, then it prob'ly was an' we need to be careful."

Zolomon at first starts to get out of her grip and, ok he sits down and snorts. He looks at the healer hare and his paw, yes his paw has long lines of blood and some glass in it, and there is broken glass on the floor and the counter, it use to be a mug. A couple deep breaths as he speaks "I'm...bleeding.."Like he suddenly realizes this and blinks a couple times "That's...blood...."And he takes another deep breath "Someone has to..get the marten...get Taz...take his head, and then he can be without a head and we can place it somewhere nice..to scare other vermin...yeah"

Gregorian is back in Halyard, out of uniform and snooping about trying to keep a handle on things in light of everything that's happened. He's up to date with reports and has been back and forth from the mountain a half dozen times with various privates so he's not exaggerating when he limps in, cane in paw. His missing leg is just causes trouble the more marching about he has to do. He pauses in the doorway, one quick look around and he heads for the hares "Wot are yah all doin' here?...And is that blood?"

Hanzi has been here just..listening, from a semi safe distance listening and frowning and just staying in a chair. Yeah he is not getting involved in this....nope.

Felicity spots Gregorian come in. He's not in uniform, but she's pretty sure he has a higher rank that she does. So she stands and salutes him. "I'm training our lovely Recruit 'ere who's a bit busy bandaging' up a busted paw to salute," she waves at the Recruit, who had been about to try an awkward shoulder salute something since both her paws are busy. She shrugs and returns to her job, which she's almost done with. "I've been given the job of showin' some of our Recruits 'Alyard an' the beach, give 'em an idea of whot t'expect, 'ow to treat the vermin 'ere, and whatnot." Sitting back down, she gestures at Zolomon. "I think I'll let the Private explain about the blood, seein' as 'ow 'tis 'is paw and there aren't any dead vermin layin' about."

Gregorian is the higher rank but waves off the salute "At ease, no salutin' here. Not exactly advertising my re-enlistment given the situation" he mutters back. A small frown for Zolomon's paw "Suppose we should be thankful it didn't involve a vermin for once" he nods to Felicity's explanation and glances at the healer recruit and then Hanzi "...And wot happened tah this one?" since he looks like he's been punched in the face.

Zolomon speaks "The marten..Taz needs found and slain..sooner rather than later." He will let the healer tend to his paw as he frowns and sits there now, sort of quiet.

Hanzi says, "I...a rabbit punched me, I should of punched him he was being rude about the Long Patrol and told me to shut up and I was talking too much and..."Ok he does talk too much sometimes"Too many beasts keep telling me what to do...it's not fair.""

Felicity cringes slightly. "Sorry....ah....sorry." Reinlist? She didn't even know he had been out of the services! Oh, and she forgot his name, too, and 'Grace's dad' wouldn't be appropriate, either. So she just sits down awkwardly. She doesn't even have tea to sip to hide her slightly pink cheeks. Yay. She lets the injured furballs explain themselves, although she does roll her eyes at Hanzi's remark. "Y'joined the bloomin' military, o' course y'gonna get ordahed around an' told what t'do, wot! Yeesh, this ain't any daisy pickin'! Good grief...what did y'think y'were signin' up for, 'onestly?" She seems to genuinely want to know what his expectations had been.

Gregorian stares at Zolomon for a moment then Hanzi...He sighs heavily and stiffly flops in to a chair to rest his leg. A brief pause to regret coming to the tavern at all and he nods to Zolomon "Right. Well yah broke it, yah can clean it up and make sure yah pay them for the glass" over to Hanzi and he just raises an eyebrow. Felicity's covered the obvious so Greg just shakes his head "I haven't seen a rabbit in years...wondah if they still know how tah do Endah's old drinks here"

Zolomon frowns "Yes..sur...sorry sur." He will wait til he can get up and does slowly but to get a broom and something to clean up the glass and he sighs as he goes to  find the tavern owner, or least someone in charge and..great pay for the glass, but it's fine and after a bit of a run on the beach he will go back to the mountain and shoot an archery target and pretend it's Taz. Then likely just go to bed early. But hey least he will stay inside and not hunt down vermin.,

Hanzi drums his fingers on the bar stool and then glares at Felicity"How about ya shut up...seriously ya bossy ..so so bossy...ya Ms...something or other..wot ever..."He rolls his eyes and watches Zolomon head off and mutters "Feline is right....Long Patrol a bunch of...."Its hard to say a bunch of what, but it's likely not a great word. He snorts "I am gonna go train and I don't mean with loosers..."

As the Recruit cleans up all her Healer stuff, finally letting Zolomon get up and do whatever, Felicity stands and jabs a finger under Hanzi's nose. "If I wasn't in uniform," she growls, "so 'ELP me, I'd clobbah y'right now! 'Ow can 'ytrust anybeast from the Blackrose group when they used to 'ave ya as thier slave?" She starts to tremble with obvious rage, but the snarky Recruit is saved by a Private showing up in the tavern. "Corporal, I was sent by the othah Corporal t'ask y't'come to the Infirmary 'ere in town." Felicity growls, then motions for her student to come. "I'll be reportin' y'insubordination and threatened dsertion t'the Mountain, 'Anzi. I've done nothin' but try t'be y'friend, but I guess that's ovah. I suggest y'bet ya scut back to Salamandastron afore y'get into even deeper trouble." Then she sweeps out of the tavern with the Recruit and the Private. She's mad enough right now that it would be suicidal for any vermin to cross her, lemme tell you....

Gregorian's eyes turn to Hanzi's outburst and he frowns, growing concerned. He lets Felicity have her say and lets her go before he says anything "Hanzi. Wot has the cat been sayin' tah yah?"

Hanzi rolls his eyes at Felicity but he stays where he is and mutters to himself and looks at Gregorian and is silent at first, then "Why? "He asks quietly"Not like she tried ta hurt me...she even showed me how to use a dagger."

Gregorian watches him closely before he sighs "So yah workin' with her?...Hanzi...I'm not goin' tah tell yah not tah hang around the cat or ordah yah this time...just be careful? We don't know why she's been helpin' us. For all we know she's tryin' tah get her mothah out the way so she can take ovah...I don't think she's helpin' us out of the kindness of her heart"

Hanzi frowns "I don't work with...and she isn't part of that Blackrose she said she wanted it to burn to ashes..she hates the group and she did get back the privates doesn't that show maybe she is on our side.."He shakes his head "And she said..I did have some...skill and that you guys just didnt see it nor pay attention to it..."

"She says a lot of things" Greg replies "She brought they privates back and for that we're extendin' some trust but we don't know why. She hasn't told where their base is for instance, why do yah think that is?" he taps a chair next to him "Yah do have potential. Yah had a rocky start but it seemed like yah were startin' tah put the work in tah get bettah...but then yah let yah tempah go and now are we yah enemy?"

Hanzi shakes his head, but he is listening "What would ya be...my enemy and..I don't why she didnt say yet, she will soon maybe or show us maybe."He frowns, he does have a temper"Temper isn't that bad...someone else was worse earlier and ya grumble at me"

Gregorian shakes his head "If it was one of our hares they should be learnin' tah control it too but their actions don't excuse yahs. No one makes yah loose yah temper. Yah could control it but it's up tah yah tah work out wot works for yah. When yah don't control yah actions that's when it's dangerous. If yah get angry and yah hit someone or yah dive in tah somethin' without thinkin'...yah lose control and yah or someone else could get hurt"

Hanzi asks, "Wouldnt the vermin get hurt though?"He asks quietly, he frowns "I..don't mean to mess up sometimes..I am trying to get better."

Taz walks in about this time and glaces over at the hares as he smirks.."Longears..."He mutters and goes to order an ale and sits down to drink it, not too close to the hares but close enough that they would see him still, even with a couple rats in the way of the line of vision as the two rats, do move after a couple minutes.

Gregorian sighs quietly "Sometimes. Sometimes it's fine, directed the right way but sometimes...Yah run straight in tah a trap. Sometimes yah hit someone who doesn't deserve it...Yah know" he seems to consider whether he wants to tell the story for a moment "Back when I was a recruit I put a hare in the infirmary with a broken skull...coulda killed him...Eventually yah got tah learn tah stop takin' stuff personally and hold yah punches before yah do somethin' yah regret" his focus is mostly on Hanzi so he doesn't see Taz and the others at first but he's in dangerous territory and he knows to be on the alert so it's only a minute later before he spots the marten and his expression sinks "...Yah know how tah use a daggah now then?" he mutters to Hanzi.

Hanzi nods "I..a little and a dirk I am learning...just slowly...why?"

Taz glaces at the hares as he takes a long drink from his ale and gives the rat who gave it to him the coins. He seems to care less if he is maybe seen or not and just leans back to relax, so far he is staying where he is and not going near the hares.....yet.

Gregorian has spent weeks telling several different hares not to go rushing in to situations and now he sighs. The marten looks alone but he might not be and they're just a one legged, tired hare with experience and a recruit who's psychically fit but just learning to wield weapons. This is such a bad idea but he can't just sit here and drink in the same room. Another sigh and he gets up "Yah back me up, do /not/ leave me alone and don't look him in the eyes" he watches Taz's body language but not the eyes as he heads for the marten.

Hanzi looks over and frowns, but he decides...well he has to right? Follow Greg over towards the marten as he stays close to the sergeant, very close.

Taz sips his ale and looks..wait why are they heading in his direction. He just chuckles and puts on a relaxed face as he sits down the now empty mug and watches the hares to see what they want, if anything, or if they are just going to walk past him.

Gregorian is not there to chat. Taz has had a warning already and he's apparently got some power over others. Greg has no desire to talk. Still, for a second it looks like he's going to as he stops and leans down on the edge of Taz's table. A moment later though and he just picks the edge of the table up and goes to overturn it on top of the marten.

Hanzi tenses up, oh this has to end badly, they are so dead now and it's Greg's fault isn't it. The hare gulps but stays nearby but in his mind if Greg dies he is SO SO running away, he doesn't care. The marten freaks him out so..yeah.

Taz watches the two hares and when the table is pushed to over turn he jumps up and slips out his two swords. lucky it's only the table that..well dies as the edge does come off, a mug breaks and the marten grins "You knocked over a table...onto me almost, that was a mistake long ears....maybe you wish death, do you? I can help you die...yes I can"

Gregorian grabs a chair from the broken table as the marten jumps away and he quickly follows up with throwing that at Taz too "Yah got a big mouth on yah. I fancy breakin' it" he says as he draws his hammers out with an expert twirl and takes a defensive stance.

Hanzi backs up and frowns, this could get bad...maybe he can go get help..maybe another hare is around so he quickly goes to find one, or someone as he cant ready fight and as much as he knows Greg can fight better...there is the one leg so...yeah help is good as he bolts for the door in hopes of finding it!

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2019-02-03 01:36:21 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer