Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-27 10:06:25 AM

oz

We Have Something To Report-LP LOG

Who:

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Varus- Major in the LP and Fighter

Gregorian- Sargent in the LP, and Fighter/ Blacksmith

Log:

Ciocan is up here to look over some papers he has, also it's a place to go for fresh air and to try and relax and not be disturbed, unless of course it was important.

Gregorian hadn't got much else from the merchants and met back up with the other hares without problem. Then it was a quick march back to the mountain. By the time they're back it's evening and Greg's limp is not being faked anymore and is real now but discomfort will not slow him down. A quick ask around to find out where his Lordship was he heads straight for the crater. He salutes quickly "Sah"

Ciocan looks up and frowns at the limp, "You alright Gregorian?"He places the one report in his pocket "Need a healer?" He makes a mental note they need more healers and the one report of one leaving is not the best news, but he spoke briefly with the hare and decided it was best to honor the request.

Varus follows up just behind Greg, and tosses a salute, as well. "Sah." Glancing at the slightly older hare, he frowns briefly, then says, "Ah, err, Sah... We 'ave somethin' ta report..."

Gregorian's limp gets worse every time he has to hurry for an extended period, side effect of his missing leg and lingering pain related to it. He muscles through it so he doesn't have to retire again, nothing a rest wont fix "Fine sah" he glances back to Varus when he arrives "Yes, news tah report. We've been tah Halyard" he stops though, let the younger, senior officer do the reporting.

Ciocan looks between the two, this has to be important as he nods "Go on" He says calmly as he will listen to what is said.

Varus nods gravely, and decides to start by diving into the deep end first. "We've identified Tarsa's murderah. A shifty lookin' mahten... Didn't get 'is name yet, but I'll keep askin' around Halyahd..." He pauses there, so Greg can add his own observation, specifically about Hawkeye, the Major having not overheard the exchange between otter and marten.

Gregorian continues on after Varus "Didn't catch a name eithah but he's got purple eyes so he's easy tah spot. He was talkin' tah Hawkeye, bartendah at the tavern, ottah. He was talkin' tah him about gettin' his help and askin' about the patrol...Hawkeye didn't seem tah remembah it when we spoke tah him aftahwards"

Ciocan hmms"Hawkeye....maybe speak to this Hawkeye a little more. But not remembering a chat or...odd and should be looked into. Did he act odd when he said this? Sound..off at all?" He shakes his head as he starts to think "Something needs done with the marten and the sooner the better. A group needs put together for a mission..."He then adds "But...do not put Private Zolomon in the group, yes his rank is slightly higher than the other privates but...he has been effected by Tarsa's death the most and it's unclear how well he would emotionally handle the mission and we need beasts on the mission that will be able to think clearly and quickly"

Varus stands up straighter. "I placed Private Zolomon on indefinite leave. This has left my unit extremely understaffed, I'm afraid... I've had to ask Sahgeant Maxim from the reserve unit to take Tarsa's place temporarily... In the meantime, I intend to coordinate with Jinora to track this secretive vermin group down..."

Gregorian pauses for a moment to think on the otter's behavior before answering "I don't know him well enough tah say. He seemed disoriented. Tired, headache...It may be he is ill and it's unrelated but I would treat it as suspect. The marten may have some trick ovah the ottah" he nods to the suggestions of a joint mission "I happened tah speak tah Zolomon last week. He seemed tah accept that he may be compromised on this and he agreed tah stay at the mountain. I believe he intends tah keep his word and stay put"

Ciocan nods "This is good that he stays put, he can be put back on active duty after this mission. I myself have only been to Halyard once, I usually just go as far as the beach to do some training. I would suggest being careful and seeing if more information can be got, like possible names of the group..how large it might be, things like that."

Varus nods, adding after Greg, "'E seemed strangely dazed, too... Very odd, really." He frowns, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "At any rate, I'm also suggestin' that we institute a curfew... Th' mahten made it clear that 'e'll keep killin' Patrollahs, an' I'm not lettin' 'im 'ave that satisfaction..."

Gregorian nods his agreement to the curfew "He at least had a ferret with him and based on Tarsa's death and the flowah left with her Zolomon was convinced it's the Blackrose again. We tried tah follow the marten and ferret and I asked around the merchants at Halyard but we don't know where the marten goes, only that he's been seen at Halyard a lot. He must be camped up somewhere near there"

Ciocan nods "I do know of tattoos this group has, supposedly one their members as well as slaves they marked have a tattoo that a lot more simple than the Blackrose members tattoos. I have not seen a picture but I know the members are said to have a black rose flower with thorns,vines and leaves on it and very detailed and the leader may be a cat, if she wan't killed already."He shakes his head "I had a report of two missing privates at the same time as Tarsa's death, any report info on that by any chance?"

Varus frowns at the mention of Blackrose. "Nothin' I'm afraid, Sah. They're still missin', but if th' Blackrose is involved, then I think we know who's got 'em now..."

Gregorian shakes his head "No sah...the only good news is that we haven't found them dead. We don't know where they are or if they are alive still..." he nods to Varus "Blackrose have a history as slavahs. There's at least a chance they're still alive out there.

Ciocan takes a deep breath and then exhales before he speaks" We need to hunt them down, and when found come up with a plan on how to stop them. If need be I will come along once this hideout is found, but do not try and ambush the base as soon as it's found..study it best you can without being seen and then, as I said, a plan on how to take the Blackrose down can be made, as well as whom goes and whim doesn't go on the mission"

Varus looks disgusted. "Those Blackrose scum 'ave grown too big for their britches... It's about time we teach 'em a lesson they won't soon forget..."

"Teach them and the rest of the shore" Greg grumbles "We can't go on gettin' attacked like this all the time. We need tah wipe them out so thoroughly no one else tries for a while"

Ciocan nods "Agreed. Keep me updated and when more info is gotten report back to me."

Varus nods to Greg. "Aye, we will. Or mah name isn't Varus Trinius Visurgis Swiftbuck... We will crush these vermin, an' the soonah, th' bettah..."

Gregorian nods too "Yes sah...We need tah find him and follow this marten or anyone who talks with him. They'll lead us tah the othahs eventually...With yah permission I'd like tah go and find Majah Jinora. We need tah get movin' on this" assuming no objections he moves to stiffly limp back in to the mountain.

Ciocan nods "Go ahead and update her as well, having two units on this may well be good." He glaces at towards the beach and raises an eyebrow, he then nods as he turns to head back inside "I will be in my quarters, I need to think and then get some rest"

Last edited by oz (2019-02-09 02:41:23 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer