Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-19 05:42:12 PM

Karth Riverbark

No One Seems To Be Having a Good Day-LP LOG

Whom:

Hanzi-Me- LP Recruit

Zolomon- Runner and Private First Class in the Lp

Gregorian- Sargeant in the LP, Also a Blacksmith and Fighter

Jinora- Major in The LP and Fighter

Dominik-Private and Fighter in the LP

Log:

"An' that'll be twenty more, since Luscius cannae keep 'is scut from poppin' up into th'sky!" Major Tottheim barks at a line of Privates and scattered recruits, currently laboring through another set of push-ups. "Soonah y'get through it, th'sonnah y'git to yer sprints, an' the soonah y'git to yer break. So stop scoffwaddlin' and jus' gi'through it!" Is she enjoying this? She might actually be enjoying this.

Getting paid to yell is one of the best perks of being an officer, the more creative the better so Greg notes points for made up words. He's there. Helping out like a good sergeant by letting Jin do all the yelling orders while he menacingly paces the room correcting the form of anyone doing it wrong mostly by good old treats "Yah move yah paw one more time Recruit and I'll weld it tah the ground" and pushing them in to the correct positions. He took the soft cap off his foot specially, it makes a satisfyingly sharp metal tapping noise as he walks. Greg also has his fun.

Hanzi was never good at push ups but he has improved some as he has had a lot of practice to improve, sit ups are good but they are not doing those. He groans and mutters something under his breath.

As Sergeant tappy-taps makes his way through the line-up, Jinora clears her throat. "We ain't 'ere fer mummy kisses an' soft cuddles. We're 'ere 'cause you lot are th'only thing wot stands betwitxt th'Western Shore an' those softies over in Mossflower an' those wot would do them harm! I want t'see ye /actin'/ like it! Eighteen! Nineteen!" She continues to count off, shooting Greg a small smirk. "Buncha soft-scuts. Prove me wrong! Alla ya!" She isn't the yelling type, but there may or may not be a few running bets amongst officers to see who can inspire the most tears... And desperate times call for desperate measures.

Gregorian will not smirk while he's playing the big angry guy! But he gives Jin a look in return of her smirk which may vaguely suggest he's not unamused with the situation if you caught it at the right angle. The look lasts barely a split second before he takes a moment to push a hare down with his peg leg "Yah should be gettin' lowah tah the ground than that"

Hanzi groans as he finishes a push up and then just sort of lays there with a frown"Why...so many of theses, not like we would fight vermin with push ups wot?"

"Aye, Hanzi. Thank ye fer tha' astute observation." Jinora eyes him for a moment before clapping her paws. "Alrigh', rest'a you lot can go down an' meet Lieutenant Gnarltoes on th'beach fer sprints. Fightahs an' recruits are t'come back up 'ere aftah yer breaks, runnahs an' healahs are t'return to th'beach. 'Cept you, recruit." She points a finger at Hanzi. "Yer t'give us... Wot ya say, Sergeant? 'Nothah twenty fer insolence, or am I bein' too lenient?"

Gregorian's shoot to Hanzi but Jin gets all the fun as he watches the others leaving and suddenly bellows out a "MOVE!" when a few dawdle on their way out the door, trying to treat the move like it was time for a break. His ears twitch as he listens closely to make sure they keep running before he looks back to Hanzi "Talkin' back and questionin' ordahs marm. Twenty seems kind"

Hanzi just looks at Gregorian "Ya should shut up ya slave driver..."And then he pales, oh no the words came from his mouth and he couldn't stop them as he backs up on all fours and bumps into the wall. He looks up at the two hares as the others leave, one private looks on wide eyed at what was just said and then runs quickly away before something bad happens.

The Major's expression doesn't change; instead, she simply looks from Hanzi to Gregorian. A single eyebrow raises. This should be fun.

Dominik hadn't necessarily been 'laboring' through the general workout he'd become accustomed to since coming to the Mountain and joining the Patrol; the large hare had barely broken a sweat as he easily worked through the sets of push ups Jin and Greg had thrown at them. Off to the side in his own little area, Dom continues to heave himself up and down off the ground, gaze fixed intently upon the ground, counting silently in his head in the process. When he sets his mind to something, hardly anything can throw him off or distract him...especially after having recovered from being poisoned. That incident had only intensified his workout regiment, not wanting to show weakness ever again...and soon he is up around the 50 push up mark, teeth gritted and ears folded back against his head as he goes.

Gregorian looked grouchy before, now he's mad. His already displeased expression darkens as any fun he was having is gone at such a blatant display of disrespect. He follows Hanzi to the wall quickly and grabs the hare, going to haul him up by his jacket and lift him completely of the ground all with just one paw in a help demonstration of the sort of upper body strength push ups might help with until Hanzi's high enough to be face to face with Greg "THIS IS WHY WE DO PUSH UPS!" Greg bellows inches from Hanzi's face. He stretches his paw out to unceremoniously drop Hanzi again "MORE, NOW! YOU'RE DONE WHEN I SAY YOU ARE!"

Hanzi gulps as he is face to face with the Sargent and nods quickly as he is droped. He quickly starts to do more push ups, he messes up once but redoes that push up as well. He keeps his eyes on the floor as he is a bit afraid to look at the Sargent right now, he makes a metal note to try and work on his anger issues.

Jinora lets Greg handle this, her arms crossed at her chest. Hanzi isn't yet assigned to a unit, but she is fully aware that he has been a tough nut to crack... The reaction her Sergeant instills, though, earns a slow, satisfied nod from the Major. "That's bettah." She comments as casually as if they were discussing the weather. Dom catches her attention as well, and Jin notches a thumb in his direction. "There's a standahd we aspire to, recruit. Don't mattah 'ow big or small y'are, y'nevah stop workin' towards it." Re-crossing her arms, the doe takes a step back - Greg was the one disrespected, she isn't going to step on his toes (all five of them) in telling the recruit when he is finished.

Dominik reaches 100 soon enough, and the buck pops up off the ground immediately after, the momentary trance gone as if nothing had ever happened. Having gotten quite used to all the yelling and recruit berating that went on in the training room, Dom doesn't really pay Hanzi's situation very much mind. There didn't ever seem to be an instance where the young recruit WASN'T getting scolded for something, so it was just par for the course. Spotting the practice dummy over in the corner, Dominik grins a little to himself as he makes his way over towards it. Looking it over carefully (he had broken the thing in half and repaired it so many times that there are a few obvious cracks showing), the large hare gives a few testing punches at the air, before going into a fighting stance and looking the dummy right in the area where the eyes would be. If alive, said dummy would likely be cowering and fleeing at this point, as Dom readies for a bit of boxing training.

Gregorian stands right next to Hanzi, watching his every move and his reaction to the recruit messing up is to yell "FASTAH!" he's not letting Hanzi stop yet but this does give Greg a moment to relax his shoulders and calm down himself because Greg does know how to control a temper. A couple of seconds break and he rolls his shoulders back to attention and straightens up. He hadn't even spotted Dom was still there until Jin mentions it "Dom!" he barks at a more reasonable level "The fightahs were..." he searches his memory but he really can't recall where Jin said everyone was training next. He shakes his head "Nevah mind, just carry on, yah doin' fine" he's training somehow, that's good enough.

Hanzi lets out a whimper and still does the push ups a little faster, he grits his teeth and is sweating...like a lot now and frowning but he says nothing, it's wise to stay quiet right now.

Dominik's ears perk as his name is shouted, and before he can throw a punch the hare turns and gives Greg a sharp salute, standing at attention. "SAH!" Despite wanting to watch Hanzi to see how the recruit is handling the extra training he is being put through, Dom keeps his eyes forward as he awaits further instructions. Upon being told to carry on, the large buck gives Greg a nod, "Yes, sah!" he responds, before turning back to the training dummy. A grin forming upon his muzzle, Dom fires out a quick jab and a left hook, and with a sharp crack the head of the dummy flies off and bounces across the room.

Gregorian notes Dom's sudden snap to attention with satisfaction. See? That's what it's supposed to be like! Though that dummy's head flying off is vaguely terrifying. Meanwhile he can hear Hanzi whimpering. The contrast is amazing. He frowns and yells at Hanzi again "Are yah complainin' again? Yah want tah stop and put yah feet up while we have a drink? TOO BAD! This is yah life now! My grandma could do bettah than this without whinin' once!" he lets Hanzi go on for a few more minutes before he stomps his peg leg down loud next to Hanzi and yells "Get up!"

Hanzi gasps and quickly stands to attention, well best he can as his arms and back is sore now. He is smart and is quiet now as a salute is given.

Zolomon has been spending some time in the library, but he also has been paying attention to training times when he is supposed to and then just going back to the library, he skipped lunch once and now slowly walks to the training room and stays by the door, watching for now.

Dominik does his best to retrieve the dummy head as nonchalantly as possible...as he passes by Hanzi, he gives the recruit a just slightly sympathetic enough look before he shakes his head. "Listen to vat he says, Hanzi. Is better for all if do." Picking up the dummy head, he makes his way back over to where the dummy is. Examining the spot where it had broken, the buck looks between the head held in a paw and the broken place before he does his best to put it back where it was. Not having much success in this venture, Dom sighs. He gives a nod towards Zolomon as he sees him standing at the door, before he goes back to examining the dummy. "Hmm. Must fix again. Need to build more, yes...." he mutters to himself.

Gregorian very carefully examines Hanzi's stance for mistakes before finally grumbling "Bettah" he gets closer to the recruit again though "If I EVAH hear yah speakin' out of turn and questionin' yah superior officah again I will PERSONALLY see tah it that yah every day is a livin' misery. Do I make myself CLEAR?" he hasn't noticed Zolomon yet but disciplining recruits comes above all or it might break the angry look.

Hanzi nods quickly and adds a "Yes..s..sur".He stays at attention and focuses on the sergeant, will he learn his lesson after this?...Only time will tell.

Zolomon walks in and sighs a little. He doesn't offer advise or anything, he might normally joke but he has not joked around since....yeah. He's been seriously lately, he has not been himself."Hello Sergeant Gregorian..sur"A salute..wait no yo Sergeant G? He nods a hello to Dominik and Hanzi.

Dominik eventually just lets the dummy head just fall down to the floor, figuring that he can still work with the thing as it currently is. Taking a step back, Dom goes back into his fighting stance, eyes focusing on his target. Stepping forward, the buck peppers the dummy torso with a quick flurry of jabs, the last of which topples the entire thing over...it crashes to the floor loudly, kicking up a cloud of dust and straw, leaving Dom standing there staring down at it, a look of defeat upon his face as he sighs heavily.

Gregorian backs off, seemingly satisfied with Hanzi's response "At ease" he finally takes his eyes off of the recruit for a moment to nod back to Zolomon "Private Zolomon" his ears twitch though as he quickly looks back to Dom as something else seems to break. He gestures to Hanzi "Go help Private Dominik with his training'" preferably before they have to fix or replace the entire room.

Hanzi looks glad to relax and sits down, for now anyways and just, quite but he does look up at Zolomon when he sees him.

Zolomon nods "Yes sur"He goes over to help Dominik. His voice sounds tried and a bit depressed but he is going through what is needed for training and what ever else he is told to do for the day. As for the library he may just take a break from that as what ever he was looking for wasn't found.

Dominik notices Zolomon approaching, and he lifts his head to glance over at the fellow Private. He gives him a nod and a half-smile, as he gestures towards the fallen dummy. "Is not made like used to," he mutters. He reaches down to easily lift the heavy dummy up off the floor, setting it back in its former position, none the worse for wear aside from a new crack here and there in the body. Noting Zolomon's sullen tone, Dom gestures towards the dummy. "Is better if take anger out on this," he suggests. "Find that it help, ven going through thing." The buck gives a nod, having been through a thing or two himself. He gives Greg a sheepish grin and a shrug, as if to say 'sorry about that...'. "Vil build more, sah. Has time to do this."

"I meant Hanzi" Greg growls out as Hanzi sits and Zolomon goes to help. He frowns at Hanzi "Go and help too" he orders the recruit. Just because the push ups have stopped doesn't mean he gets to sit and relax. Greg stays back for now and folds his arms as he watches "Need tah make a strongah one just for yah, Dom"

Hanzi starts to say he rather not and...yeah OK he will help as he rather not get into trouble. He picks up a dummy head that rolled away, after he made the dummy that was near broke fall...he sighs and gets it back up "How do we..like.....make them not broken?"

Zolomon shrugs as he leans against the wall, "Like ta see some vermin with their heads off, when can we go make some vermin look like this, soon?"

Dominik nods his head to Greg. "Yes, sah, is good idea, not vant to break all of training dummy in Mountain." He regards Hanzi with a shrug, "Is using lots of glue, is supposing. Does not seem to verk very vell, as can see." The buck gives a chuckle, before he turns his attention back to Zolomon. "Yes. Is alvays good to take heads off vermin, but vil say vat said to Hanzi before. Patience is virtue, othervise going on nothink but emotion is never good strategy. Vil strike back at vermin ven time comes. That vay, ven ve strike, is not expected...ve take by surprise and defeat foe." Dominik nods his head, looking quite serious at this point. "Loss is hard, but need to keep more loss at minimums, yes?"

Gregorian lets Dominik handle questions of fixing things but his whiskers twitch slightly at the answer "Nails. Nail some more wood ovah the top tah brace it back togethah, it'll be strongah than glue, it doesn't have tah look pretty" he glances back to Zolomon "Yah tell me where they are and I'd be happy tah recommend marchin' out right now. We don't even know who they are far as I know"

Hanzi just nods and will look for some nails, they have to be somewhere around here..maybe a good number of nails.

Zolomon frowns, he takes a deep breath"But also..we can't..we have to...."He frowns..."Do something and they left a black rose flower, I have my ideas...and tried ta find info in the logs here but there is none, I remember reading some in a log book at the abbey though."He frowns "They killed....they need to pay for that"

Dominik nods at Greg's idea. "Hmmm. Yes, is better idea. Does not need to be fancy, yes. Vil try to find." The large buck takes another glance at the hastily pieced together dummy in front of him, before he grins a little and heads for the door. "Vil return vith things to fix, sah." With that, the large hare heads for the door, intent on finding materials to shore up the practice dummies so that he would stop breaking so many of them. "Be right back..."

Gregorian sighs quietly and tries to relax again but the Blackrose stuff bothers him and honestly he can't help but want to fix all the broken things too because he's still a blacksmith at heart. He can't though because right now he's playing his officer role instead. He rubs a paw through his beard as he tries to think "They will pay Zolomon...I know the lack of progress is frustratin'"

Hanzi ears droop, well not like he is going out to help as he is a recruit,"No one else is..gonna die..are they?"

Zolomon blinks as he looks at Hanzi and just sighs, he looks to Gregorian."I..want to go out and look fer em' but I also know that is unwise and could likely cause more problems."

Gregorian seems to take a minute to decide how he wants to answer that "...I'm not goin' tah say it'll be fine but this is the job. It's dangerous but we do it anyway. There chaps have targeted us and tah makes it personal but even if they hadn't we'd still be goin' tah hunt them down because they don't belong on this shore" he glances back to Zolomon "So do I. Look, wot do we know about them? Did anythin' happen in Halyard before this, anyone causin' trouble?"

Hanzi decides to do a little bit of training, get his mind off things. There is a punching bag on one side of the room so he uses it for a little while.

Zolomon answers "Thar...was a marten, strange purplish colored eyes. Kind of a creepy look ta him..talked like he was some big shot"He frowns "Other than that think just de normal stuff at that village...the marten might work for the ones whom is causing trouble, I am not fer sure though but he's clearly dangerous. Thar is this old otter that works in de tavern..said one day the same marten talked to him and he didn't remember all that was said just that he was sort of dizzy feeling and was suddenly in a back room and the otter didn't remember how he got there but he did remember telling the marten to leave the tavern. But he also mentioned the creepy eyes"

Gregorian glances over when Hanzi moves and is pleasantly surprised to see him training of his own accord. Maybe the hare is getting it at last. Back to Zolomon and he frowns but nods slowly "It's a place tah start. Even if it's unrelated if he's dangerous he's probably not there for the fish. Shouldn't be too hard tah spot a creepy purple eyed marten and see where he goes"

Zolomon nods "So..do I..look for him or stay here, I could take someone with me and not go alone. Or try and follow from a distance. I do know he knows about the Long Patrol."

Gregorian stops to think and not for the first time wishes some more highly ranked officer was around to answer these things. Used to be Greg just gave suggestions, now everything ends up being taken as an order "I saw look. Follow at a distance and get out the moment he knows yah around yah assume yah walkin' in tah a trap and leave...Don't go alone but yah need someone who's fast with yah. This is scoutin' not lookin' for a battle...Might take a walk tah the village myself. Haven't been in a while, not since re-enlistin'. Unless hares have been blabbin' they'll still think I'm retired ovah there. One legged retired blacksmith with a sack of metal work tah sell can work as some good bait"

Hanzi is done with some training, punching a bag...did..well one chin up and a 2nd failed, he can work on that and then he quietly leaves for his reading and writing lessons, he is..well a little late as it is.

Zolomon nods "Yes sur...course if I think there is danger..leave, lose him first and then back ere' with info...I will be careful sur not to worry and I am fast on me foot paws but I will take another with me and make sure they get back 'ere as well sur"

Gregorian looks at Zolomon and stares at him to make sure he has the hare's complete attention "Zolomon. The slightest feelin' yah bein' lead somewhere by him yah go...Don't assume that he has anythin' tah do with all this but if he does we /need/ that information. They've got two of ours already, we /can't/ afford tah make it more and we /can't/ afford a mission of vengeance here. I've heard yah fast but yah been effected by this closely. Yah think carefully now and yah tell me if yah can do this, not for Tarsa but for the hares with her they took. Can yah do this?"

Zolomon is silent, he just stares at the Sergeant for what seems like a long time. He takes a couple deep breaths and then closes his eyes as a few tears fall, he takes another deep breath as if to control..anger? Depression?A mix of both as he makes a fist and tightens and untightens it, he then finally speaks, "I..."Yes he can be serious, sometimes very and this is one of those times as he looks down "I..don't know...maybe someone else should do this..sur..I'm..sorry" There is pain in his voice, yes he wants revenge and he wants these vermin to pay but he has to be honest with himself...and that is maybe he isn't the right hare to do this.

Gregorian waits silently for the answer and he'll give Zolomon all the time he needs to figure it out. When it finally comes Greg just nods sadly. He goes to put a paw on the younger buck's shoulder "It's alright I undahstand. It's important tah know when yah need tah step back but seein' that and figurin' it out is hard, doin' it is even hardah. I'll let yah know how it goes, we've got somethin' tah start lookin' for and yah helped with that"

Zolomon nods, it was..hard to admit but his answer was the right one to say to the sargeant. He will quietly as to be excused and then will go to take a nap, or least try to take a nap, but he will stay inside the mountain, even though it's the hardest thing he can do right now, he will stay inside.

Hanzi had chosen now to get himself a snack and it's after his reading lesson, he is getting better..handwriting not so much. He passes the room where Zolomon is and slows, his ears droop some as he hears sobbing, should he check on his fellow hare...he decides not to, no all beasts need that alone time to morn and he decides it's best to give his fellow hare that alone time as he gets a small snack, and quietly goes back to his own quarters, after the snack he takes a nap.

**Quick note..I asked and got permission to say he heard him crying in case anyone wanted to know ***

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer