Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-19 11:42:46 AM

Lutea
Website

The Tenderfoot Chronicles - LP TP

"Tenderfoot": a newcomer or novice, especially a person unaccustomed to the hardships of pioneer life. A new recruit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following the staggering losses that the Long Patrol faced in Mossflower last year, it has been decided that two hares be sent out on a recruiting mission. In an attempt to re-inflate the Long Patrol ranks, Monty and Adrian have set out to journey the map and find willing beasts to sign on to the noble and adventurous Patrol!

This thread will act as the OOC logbook and announcements for their travels; in addition, there are some NPCs that they may recruit, which I will leave open as alts should someone like them and want to play them in the Patrol. Those will also be posted here! Page Jinora if you wish to claim one.

Please, interact with with our recruiters as they travel around the Redwall MUCK map! This is a great chance for you to make an alt for the Long Patrol, either of your own creation or one of the pre-spun characters that you may see here. It's also a great chance to simply RP out on the map! Are you a dastardly villian? A roadside bandit? Just a friendly face, looking for company? Now is your chance!

As always: keep up the roleplay, be kind to each other, and never stop trying to grow as indivuals and creative minds.

Keep it real,
Lutea

Last edited by Lutea (2019-01-19 11:43:27 AM)

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

#2 2019-01-19 05:43:53 PM

Karth Riverbark

Re: The Tenderfoot Chronicles - LP TP

Maybe I could spoof some roadside bandit that tries to rob them and finds out you don't rob a LP Hare!

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#3 2019-01-20 11:01:52 PM

LeeJ

Adrian here. I hope you guys get involved. We welcome any and all who want to play along. Currently we're headed down toward Southsward, so come on down and let's have some fun at Castle Floret.

Last edited by LeeJ (2019-01-21 02:32:15 PM)

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#4 2019-01-23 12:07:26 PM

Redwall_healer_fan

Maybe I can make a hare maid...she would be a healer after her recruitment training of course...GO HEALERS!!! And I loved the Long Patrol in the books smile

This is so so cool...yeah they can run into my hare....I will make her soon!!!!

#5 2019-01-28 11:38:33 AM

Redwall_healer_fan

Carmentis- my hare maid....soooo, how could she run into our recruiters? Maybe save one of their lives from some jellyfish poison, if near the sea still.?....one is injured and some reason separated from the other? Or they help her from bandits (Those annoying bandits do like to rob beasts) ?...

#6 2019-02-08 12:29:22 AM

Montamillion

Been a little busy as of late, so I'm hoping to be on more soon to get some of this stuff rolling. smile Hope to see some of you at some point!

“You will find joy, frustration and sorrow in your quest. Never forget that friendship and loyalty are more precious than riches...Happiness can be brief, but it knows no time in the land of dreams.”

Owner of: Monty, Dominik, and Grau

#7 2019-02-13 11:08:53 PM

Lutea
Website

2/12/2019

Adrian and Monty braved a sudden hail storm, and in the process met another hare lost in the storm - Carmentis.

Log found here: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?pid=2241#p2241

#8 2019-03-31 09:21:10 AM

Lutea
Website

Interested in making a new recruit for the Long Patrol? Now is your chance!

Want to roleplay your new hare a little bit before they meet up with Adrian and Monty? Let me know! I will run some set-up scenes for you before that fateful moment smile

#9 2019-04-02 11:23:57 PM

Lutea
Website

4/2/2019

Our recruiters discovered some bandits harassing innocent beasts and a fight ensued! Proving himself useful in combat, the hare Lothar decided that the Long Patrol could be the life for him, and has joined Monty, Adrian, and Carmentis in their journey.

Log found here

#10 2019-04-03 11:30:34 AM

Rudolfo And Alts

Hope we get lots of recruits and the Long Patrol grows and has Lots and Lots of members smile

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#11 2019-05-05 04:20:20 PM

Lutea
Website

HERE is a current map of the Tenderfoot travels and a projection of where they could be headed next! Because my RL imploded on me, I haven't had time to run anything HOWEVER, this is meant to be something that the players involved take control of. Please keep travelling and roleplaying and coming up with fun twists and turns on your own, as that is what this is meant to be. I will run events as I can.

The next scheduled event is May 16th at 20:00 (8:00 PM) EST and will take place in Bat Mountpit. Please page Jinora for a summon if you need one. If you are interested in joining up, let us know and we can craft an intro scene for your character!

Last edited by Lutea (2019-05-12 08:25:36 AM)

#12 2019-05-12 12:40:35 AM

Lutea
Website

5/11/2019

Wandering alone through the wilderness in search of the legendary Long Patrol, the hare Elbio meets with a friendly bat called Silt... But things take a bit of a turn.

Log found here

#13 2019-05-12 01:49:20 PM

Lutea
Website

5/12/2019

As the recruiters travel South, they make camp to stop and forage for supplies. Lothar heads out on his own to see what he can find.

Outcomes of each round were decided using the MUCK's 1d20 dice roll function.

Log found here

#14 2019-05-18 06:46:21 PM

Lutea
Website

5/15/19

Long Patrol hares Monty, Adrian, and Lothar are assailed in the night, and wake up in the home of the bats: Bat Mountpit. After teaming up with another hare, Elbio, the four climb to the peak of the mountain, in search of the bat's missing dibbuns. Our heroes have to contend with wind, long drops, and blood-thirsty hawks - will they make it back alive?

Log found here

#15 2019-05-19 09:06:39 AM

Lutea
Website

Part Two of the current plot will take place on Monday, May 27th at 5:30 EST.

The next hook will actually come pretty soon after the completion of the Bat's Mission, so stay tuned; it will be an exciting one!

If you're looking to make a new recruit for the Long Patrol, please page Jinora and we will work up a plot for your character's entry.

Last edited by Lutea (2019-05-21 10:09:25 PM)

#16 2019-05-21 10:09:43 PM

Lutea
Website

Date decided for part 2 of the current plot. See above!

#17 2019-05-26 01:06:05 PM

Lutea
Website

Monday's event will need to be postponed: I am sick as a dog. When I hear back from those involved, I will post the new date - hoping to run it ASAP!

#18 2019-06-03 09:42:48 PM

Lutea
Website

6/3/2019

The hares have won a bloody and harrowing battle against the hawks of Bat Mountpit - Laika, Grando, and Bloodtalon. But they do not leave unscathed! All of our heroes have sustained serious injuries, which will keep them in the hospitality of the bats for some time. As thanks for their heroics, the Patrol hares have gained an ally in the bats, 2 vials each of a knockout concoction (1 use each), a black cloak that looks like bat wings, and a necklace made from the talons of the hawks that they felled.

At a feast in their honor, the hares were also told a rumor of a hare called Yerna that lives in the Mountain, and apparently protects the bats from something they call 'the Others'. What could this mean?

Log found here

#19 2019-06-12 09:44:06 AM

Lutea
Website

In the Below, Part One

While the hares have been in their care, the bats have often spoken of beasts they call 'The Others'. The Others live within the mountain, in the wide, tangled expanse of caves and ruins beneath the bat's home and, before their friend Yerna came to help them, would often find their way to Bat Mountpit and wreak havoc. Silt, the young bat maiden who took a liking to Elbio, talks of Yerna often, and has explained that she can be found in the Mushroom Caves of Bat Mountpit, where she brings supplies and news to her winged friends. Perhaps the Long Patrol should meet this Yerna, and see for themselves what dangers are lurking in the Below...

Event Date: 6/18/2019
Time: 7:30 PM EST

Last edited by Lutea (2019-06-15 09:33:55 AM)

#20 2019-06-13 09:11:31 PM

Lutea
Website

6/13/2019

Elbio met the mysterious Yerna, a hare that lives in the Mountain and helps the bats of Bat Mountpit. He and Lother were told that they had three days to gather supplies before venturing into the Below - what dangers wait for the Long Patrol in the shadows of the mountain's caves?

Log found here

#21 2019-06-18 01:00:43 PM

Lutea
Website

Today's event needs to be re-scheduled for a personal emergency. I will run it tomorrow or the next day, if people are on.

#22 2019-06-19 09:24:07 PM

Lutea
Website

6/19/2019

The Long Patrol hares follow the taciturn Yerna down into the maze of caverns beneath Bat Mountpit, and discover the horrors that lurk there. They learn more of the "Others", and only barely make it to the hidden base camp within the forgotten, empty caverns of Nova's Hall. Will the hares be able to help the beasts of the mountain before these horrible beasts find their way back to the outside world? Will they be able to come out of it alive, themselves?

Log found here

#23 2019-06-22 03:27:03 PM

Lutea
Website

I am doing a small experiment with this plot: while our heroes remain in Nova's Hall, I have created a number of RP Prompts, which I have since hidden around the many rooms of this Mountain locale. Prompts contain either a simple statement to fuel a scene, or contain a set to start everything off - these are not GM'd scenes! These are for the players to find and use as they please. If this works out, this is a dynamic that I will configure into more TPs moving forward.

Keep it real,
Lutea

#24 2019-06-22 09:09:05 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=1061

Its the log at the end

Last edited by Elbio Hare and Alts (2019-06-22 09:09:55 PM)

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

#25 2019-06-27 07:33:55 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

A sort of Part one Log...a Cliffhanger me and Lothar did! Posted on the Tenderfoot Logs  smile....Lets just say some beasts you dont want to shoot with an arrow tongue

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

Board footer