Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 04:58:26 PM

Karth Riverbark

Shareing Stories- Redwall Abbey Log

Who:

Ewan- Private in LP and LP Redwall hare-ME

Benar- ABbot of Redwall

Lilymoore- Bell Ringer

Angela- Healer

Taran- Camp Willow Otter

Henry- Healer and Bard Sparrow

spoofs of some birds and couple abbey beasts...

Log:
Ewan is sitting by the fireplace as it's cold outside and he dislikes cold so has decided to do some reading as he reads and turns a page every few moments, he can read fairly fast and still remember what he read days later. He is almost done with a book on some history of Mossflower area.

As the hare reads, down the stairs in to the Great Hall hops a black-throated sparrow with his wing wrapped in a bandage. The bird gets to the bottom of the stairs and pauses for a moment. It's Henry.

Ewan looks up as he had seen movement out of the corner of his eye and nods a hello "Hallo...friend sparrow or..hopefully friend."

"Greetings hareworm," Says the sparrow, "Sparra friend to all. Excpt ratwroms! Have you every seen a sparra's rat buddy? No! It no happen." As he says this the fowl seems to be hopping back and forth, looking at the abbey door. Then he says, "One moment hareworm," Takes two hops forward and takes for in to the air. For an instent the sparrow is hanging in middair, then he crashes back to the ground with a sickening thud.

Ewan frowns "Your..hurt, how did you get hurt? I know the one...problem was few weeks ago or maybe it was longer."

The Sparra staggers to his feet and hops of to the table. "Meum don't know what happened to wormabbey, but three weeks ago I got attacked by something and it wounded my wing”

Ewan says, "Maybe random vermin...I am Ewan..."He decides to keep it short, "And this large horde tried to take over, it had the abbey under siege and the long patrol came to help"He frowns "A lot of hares..died but the horde was stopped and Mossflower is free now"

With a painful whine, The black-throated bird gives a surprisingly graceful bow, "Henry the poet, bird bard and heaplful healer," he says cordially.

Ewan says, "A healer that's a bird...that's different. You could like, well once wing heals..fly to go help someone and birds can still be healers.""

Benar strolls in from the main stairs, a large book tucked under one arm and a small box held in his other arm. He starts making his way toward his chair by the fire but slows to raise a hand to the hare and sparrow, "Henry dear, Ewan good day to you both."

"Youum understaned wormfreind," Says the sparrow to the here, "Thatum why I become healer. If sparra healer, he can heal where others cann't." The brad turn to Benar when the squirrel greets him. "Hello Abbotworm," Says Henry with another whince.

Ewan waves "Hallo Abbot Benar, how is your day...wot is the book and box for?" He is curious

Benar moves to his chair and settles down, he places the box on the edge of his chair and smiles, "Well today is another chance for people to tell me their stories. I am gathering everyone's stories so we may all hear them and pass the time on these cold, snow bound nights and then at the Winter Feast I'll pick the best story, if there is one."

"Stories?" Inquires the sparrow, "What sort of stories?”

Ewan says, "Stories are good, everyone has a story in their life or well..some do, I think..some good..some bad"He frowns a moment and grows quiet before sitting down and glaces at the fireplace."

Benar smiles and leans back in his chair, "Any type of story, a story about an object, a dish you have cooked, something you did this year or in past seasons. Anything is good, like I have had someone tell me the story of a pie they cooked and how they learn the recipe. it can be anything at all."

Ewan nods "I..don't think have any good story to share, just one but....not  gonna tell it, would cause flashbacks rather not have"

Benar says, "Nonsense Ewan, you have plenty of stories to tell I bet, what it is like living in Salamandastron, what the sea shore is like in summer or winter. You have more stories in you then just the bad time you had back in the summer."

The sparrow thinks for a moment and says "Meum thinks I may have a story for you," He winces once more, "But not now. Nowm I must recover from my attempt to fly. If youum excuse me." The bird bard then hops, slowly, painfully, up the stair to get some rest.

Ewan says, "I..suppose I might have one, would have to think"

Benar curls his legs up under him and smiles, "Well then Ewan think about it, there is no rush after all, but never say you only have one story, you have many many stories."

Ewan says, "I could think of family or why was at first intretsed in the long patrol..even if didn't have much in way of skills to fight or..heal, but other skills that was..could still be useful to others still"

Benar is sat in his chair by the fire, his storybook in his lap and his writing kit nearby, he is talking with Ewan, "There are more stories then just family too, but those are important stories to tell and enjoy as well. We all have our special skills in this life."

Ewan asks, "I remember paths and what read after seeing it just once, that's a good skill right?"

Gorvenalus enters from the direction of the library. He has been dusting and resorting record logs and such the past week, he nods a hello to the ones gathered in the room "Greetings"

Benar asks, "Of course that is a good skill Ewan, there are many good skills in this life," He then nods to the Recorder, "Gorvenalus good day to you, how have you been?"

Ewan smiles,"It helped find a lost dibbun once and helped to avoid this..camp of rats that seemed to like to be in trees some reason"

Gorvenalus smiles "I am doing well was just fixing up the library and resorting some things to make old logs of history earlier to find"

Benar says, "Well that sounds like a good story to me Ewan, you must tell it to us sometime," He nods to Gorvenalus, "Well that sounds good, tidying the library is always important our history is what helps us stick together."

Ewan nods "I could..guess means I am a good tracker, though never was asked to find anything I just did once, or maybe just like don't go down the one path cause its bad"

Gorvenalus says, "Tracking can be important my friend" He sits down in a chair"History is always important to keep, I only wish history of Willowbark wasn't destroyed, a lot of it was sadly"

Benar says, "You should write down what you can remember Gorvenalus, and store it here, a dedication to Willowbark"

Ewan says, "So..when would one need to have a story ready?And maybe we should have like..drinks and little snacks also"

Benar says, "Well you have until the winter feast to tell me your stories, and I am gathering on Saturdays and Mondays and Thursdays to hear them. Bring you own drink and snack if you can get them Ewan, I try not to snack outside of meal times myself."

Gorvenalus says, "Some history was remembered, some not."

Benar is sat in his chair by the fire, it is snowing outside, thick heavy flakes drifting down out of the sky. Benar has his story book in which he has been recording peoples tales and is talking to the recorder and Ewan. "It is never nice when history is lost like that Gorvenalus, it is always such a great loss. But I do encourage you to write down what you can so it can go in the library here," He turns to Ewan, "As for stories tell me something whenever you are ready there is no rush”

Taran walks in, he holds something in his paw and looks to have been...crying maybe? It's not clear really as he enters and sits down close to the fireplace slightly away from anybeast else.

Gorvenalus nods"I will maybe, will just take some time is all, and could perhaps include a journal I keep..even found when I had a brief return to Willowbark..that is a good story to return and find what you thought was totally loss to still have...life"

LilyMoore enters, Butterclaw the sparrow, a dove, 2 robins, and a starling hopping behind her. "No, I'll translate your story on Thursday. You guys still need to practice it -- your timing is horribly messed up!" They all make their way over to near the Abbot, and the mouse maid sits on a footstool, covering her eyes as the birds all chirp at her instantly.

Ewan looks over at the otter but decides to not be curious right now, "I could...tell how I found a dibbun once...I know least the mother cared, not sure of others." It was somewhat true few liked Ewan .

Benar smiles at Gorvenalus, "I can see that it is bound properly for you if you like, we have the equipment for book binding in the abbey and Sister Jennifer is a dab hand with the press, I would love to hear the history of Willowbark," He glances over at Lilymore, listening to the birds and shakes his head, "Lily you really should send all of your friends south, it is way too late in the season for them to be here, also I need you to stop ringing Matthias, something is wrong with the joist holding it up so we need to bring the whole bell down to look at it." He then turns back to Ewan and nods, "Whatever story you wish to tell us Ewan, anything is good but don't rush it today, take some time to think about it"  He then turns to look at Taran as he sits down near the fire and the Abbot, "Taran are you ok?"

Taran looks up and holds up a locket "I..found it earlier today in the remains of what..use to be my home, it was my mother's and..before that,,grandmother's...and"He has tears in his eyes as he looks at it, it's clearly old "A locket passed down for many generations in my family, it managed to survive the fire at Camp Willow as well as different weather, it was under some torn up ..stuff and things.. and....to me its important, a sort of...guess treasure in a way and the only thing I have left of my true birth parents." He shows the locket, it's simple and has vines forming a heart that go around a pair of willow trees and on the tree is also an otter paw print. Its a light silver in color and round in shape on a silver chain.

Gorvenalus listens to the otter's story and nods "Truly something to keep close to you my friend"

LilyMoore scowls. "I told them they should go South with their kind, but they ignored me! It's not my fault! They're free to leave at any time!" "Butterclaw SparraWarrior live in RedAbbey wormhouse like allSparra!" The other birds chirp, then settle down around their mouse friend, who just sighs. "See?" Taking her paws away from her face, she looks at the Abbot and nods. "Okay. I'll just focus on the Methuselah bell. No biggie." She turns to the otter and listens, her bird friends making sad sounds in sympathy. "I'm sorry. That's so hard. I'm glad you have something so beautiful to remember your family by. I wish beasts didn't have to die."

Ewan decides to wait on his story, least for now he will wait."Sadly we all one day will die..but some hopefully a long long time from now"

Benar holds out a paw and places it on Taran's shoulder, "That is a beautiful thing to have a heirloom of your family such as that...," He looks down at it and smiles, "It looks beautiful Taran, I am glad the otters at Camp Willow where able to find it, do you mind if I record your tale in my book?"

He then looks at the other birds and shakes his head, "Insist Lilymoore, with birds often times you have to be much firmer then you would normally be and tell them I do understand them, I didn't learn to Speak sparra and ignore the rest of the birds. As for the bell I'd appreciate your help with the team bringing it down, I was hoping to arrange that in the next week or so."

After giving the bell ringer a smile he turns back to the Ewan and Gorvenalus, then focuses on Taran again, "It is a beautiful thing to have such a gift Taran, treasure it always"

Taran nods as he then holds it close to his chest, he is quiet as he thinks and then nods "You can record my story in your book, yes and I will always keep it safe and with me at all times, I don't plan to ever lose this locket."

Gorvenalus smiles "Something to help you look back on good times perhaps. Keep good memories and fewer bad ones if you can."

The starling twitters something incredibly rude, and LilyMoore gasps. "That was uncalled for! You need to apologize to the Abbot immediately! And of /course/ I'll help pull down the bell. I'm the Bellringer. Now apologiZE!" The starling instead flies off and up the stairwell. The robins twitter apologetically. "I've tried everything I can think of short of throwing them off the wall, Benar. They're more stubborn than the DAB...." She then turns to the otter, deciding to just listen and be an example for her feathered friends.

Ewan hmms "Should I tell a story or wait....and least birds fly if was...ummmm"Yeah thrown off a wall..."Maybe they like the food here, it is good"

Benar says, "You can tell us your story now if you like Ewan," He settles back and then shakes his head at Lily's bird friends, "Well if they are going to be that rude I'll soon make them wish they had learn some manners, shocking..." He turns back to the others and smiles as he starts to write in his book, recording Taran's words, "Whenever you are ready Ewan."

Taran looks at the birds...what did they even say anyways. He leans back in his chair and wipes his eyes of a few tears still there and just decides to listens to other tales for now.

Gorvenalus says, "I think I shall tell my story next time we have stories, gives me time to think on a good one to share"

The robins are still twittering their apologies for the starling's behavior. Butterclaw shushes them, and the 3 birds settle down meekly, not wanting the Abbot's wrath to fall upon them. LilyMoore continues to ignore them, and instead asks the otter, "What were your parent's names?"

Ewan nods "A story..it was when first joined the Long Patrol and was a recruit....was a recruit for a long while as...well not fast..clumsy...sort of..healing is not a skill of mine....anyways"He goes on "I had a day off..sort of."He was told to just flat leave a couple days, have a 2-3 day break..."And this hare maid was crying, she was a private at the time..think she was one of them...yeah she was that..died...but this was before all this, her dibbun was missing and she couldn't find them so she was worried and she needed help to find them so I said I would help."

Benar settles down in his chair, quill pen moving over the text as he records Ewan's words, remaining quiet now to let him talk

Taran listens quietly as he slips the locket around his neck, there it will stay close to the otter's heart as he listens to others speak now.

LilyMoore and her birdy friends also listen quietly, the mouse frowning slightly. She'll have to remember to ask him later if he was bullied.....and she'll try to make a better effort to be his friend.

Ewan nods "The hare maid was glad....she remember last seen the dibbun was near some rocks and on the beach, so I looked there. I found them in this like..little cave that flooded when the tide came in...but inside there was an area or two to sit..he was wet and scared but came to me and...i sort of got stuck a few hours but me and the dibbun, his name was Fred...got back to the mountain and his mother was happy to have him back...after hearing I helped find the dibbun and keep them safe I didn't get in trouble for basically not reporting going somewhere, your to report when do things but time was..important to find the dibbun so....yeah a happy ending and not a sad ending. The dibbun is still...I hope..at the mountain, his Aunt is still alive I believe so he still has family and maybe he will join the LP in a few seasons..who knows"

Benar looks up from his writing and looks over his glasses at Ewan, "That is a lovely story Ewan my dear friend, thank you for sharing it with us," He looks down again and finishes writing.

Taran speaks "The dibbun maybe would never of been found had you not...looked when you did or...well may of been found but not alive. You saved the dibbuns life"

Gorvenalus smiles at the story as he is here to listen to any tales told today. He glaces at the window and one can tell it's snowing a little now.

LilyMoore smiles and claps. "You're a hero, Ewan! You saved that Dibbun's life. That's amazing!"

Angela appears in the doorway to the stairwell, holding the starling. "Lily, please come tell me what this feather mattress is sayin' so I know whether 'e needs a whippin' or not." Cringing, the Bellringer hops up, waving to her friends. "I'll catch y'all later!" Butterclaw and the robins follow her. The dove stays on the fireplace mantle because it has fallen asleep...

Ewan smiles at this "I..hero, I guess in a way I was just being helpful"

Benar says, "That is all a hero is Ewan, some beast who is helpful when it is needed, regardless of what danger it may put themselves in"

Taran nods in agreement, "Yeah..a hero"He says quietly "Like the watervoles who found me and got me to the abbey"

Gorvenalus says, "True, anyone can be a hero one doesn't have to be a warrior to be one..a healer can be a hero and ...well any beast can be one in fact in different ways""

Ewan smiles "It...was dangerous..seeing as I can't swim and took a chance the water wasn't any deeper than could of gotten..when water was up in blocked the way out"

Benar says, "Still you took the chance, you save the little one and that is in the end a good thing, well done you"

Taran slowly stands "I..am gonna go get some rest as its been a fairly long day, least for me..excuse me"He then heads up the stairs and to the guest room.

Gorvenalus waves a goodbye to the otter and gets a little more relaxed in his chair, listening quietly as others talk.

Ewan says, "They needed found and...at the time I was the only one to help"

Benar says, "Either way Ewan, well done you for helping out," He sets his quill down, "That was a very nice story thank you""

Ewan smiles "Your..welcome...has very many told stories?"

Benar stands up, "Well I need to write all of this up in my book properly, I will be in my office if anyone needs me and I shall see you later Ewan."

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2019-01-05 08:52:43 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer