Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-02 05:27:14 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

5 years of MUCKing around

(And this is of course a day late tongue )

Wow.  March 1st (yesterday) was my 5th anniversary of joining, and of making DoraRose.  Wow.  Just...wow.  It seems like it hasn't been that long, and then it sometimes seems like it has been.

My characters have come a long way.  Dora started out as a mini-me, but now she is so much more.  She's a mom and a wife, and she has such wisdom that sometimes I actually learn things from her (that sounds so weird, since I'm the one typing up her poses).  She of course can wield an axe and a sword, which I can't do so I'm slightly jealous.  And she's just grown in ways that, while she still has some aspects of me, she is also her own character, with her own personality.

I hope that I have come a long way, too.  I started out as a naïve little n00b (put in charge of a TP for why, now?  I still don't quite get that, but it's okay), then I turned into a jerk and criticized other newbies when I should've been trying to help them.  I now try as hard as I can to remember what it was like to be new so I can help them with gentleness and respect when they need it.  I hope that I am kinder, more patient, more tolerant....but I still have a long way to go.

I've learned that, if someone has a problem with the way I RP, to ask the people I RP with the most and email Otter about it (for any newbies reading this, go here http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/contacts for his email; he's good to contact if you ever have issues with the game itself smile ) and see what they say.

I think I've also learned to just have fun and let go.  I've seen many players come and go, and I've decided that it's not worth getting mad over.  I just love try to love the other players for the people they are, and I hope that they're having good lives, with or without the MUCK.  Sure, some do get on my nerves on occasion, but I try to forgive.  Kindness matters, and can quite honestly save lives.

I still remember my very first day on here.  I had been exploring as a guest for about....oh, I'd say about 3 or 4 months, and I had decided to just join.  March 1st, 2012.  The first character I ever RPed with was Zarok, actually.  It was fun....and I am very grateful that my first month or 2 of RPs don't appear to have been logged.  I was so awkward....so many newbies joining now are much less awkward than I was.    Looking at some of my RPs from after I started logging (which I find to be a very addicting endeavor, by the way) and I find it incredible that some of y'all didn't haul off and "slap" me OOCly.  How do you guys put up with me?  I HAVE NO IDEA.

So, I guess in all of this awkwardness and randomness and not really making sense, I'm wanting to say...thanks.  Thank you for being good friends and for all the fun, fun years of RPing.  Here's to many more!

~*DoraRose/Blisa/Lenore/LilyMoore/Felicity*~

(How long have you been RPing on here?  Who was your first character?  Do you still have him/her?  Do you remember who the first character you RPed with was?  What have you learned since you joined?  Feel free to take over this thread with NICE anecdotes and memories smile If you don't have an account on here and you don't want to make one, pmail me what you want to say and I'll post it as a comment below smile Happy RPing!)

#2 2017-03-02 06:25:39 PM

oz

Re: 5 years of MUCKing around

Created:  Tue Dec 14  2:47:41 UTC 2010= Oz
He started out as a hermit, moody, will every beast leave me alone and go away beast. He followed his adopted son Maxtor, a mouse he saved from a burning building when the mouse was 1 season old.(played by my IRL son) to Redwall Abbey with plans to march right back to the Snowy North. Send Valley which is a real place on the muck.
Now he is Badger Father and has been Badger Father a while, he lost his sight but even blind he is still a protector of dibbuns and his friends, his hearing and smell is very VERY good, a LOT better than most beasts around as he is more in tune since going Blind and no one  knows he is blind as he walks around the abbey as he knows his way around from top to bottom and outside a very short distance.He has been through a lot and helped many and will still be around to help beast for a long time as have no plans to stop useing him and heck badgers live a long LONG time. I also had Scioto chieftain  of FeRrravale,who died. I like role play its fun.

Last edited by oz (2017-03-02 07:56:31 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2017-03-10 12:20:31 PM

Leon

Leon-June 12-2012 was when it says Leon was first around.

Lets see...he came to the abbey at first as a place to stop. He ends up saving a dibbun from the pond so even then he had great swiming skills and they are better now. He can hold his breath a good long while, like 8 mintues, maybe 8 and 1/2 mintues...here is an intresting thing found, course he cant go on for 20 mintues http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-secret-to-ho … 1542451520

Anyways. He was a little rude, hated ALL VERMIN and was going to just walk off and never return, but he feel in love when he seen Dorarose, he started to care about her well being and she also saved him as well as she made him happy and not sad anymore, she helped him have feelings again when he had none. You see he was banished from his village when his father blaimed him for his sister's death, him and his father seasons later forgave one another. Leon became a novice, ended up saving Oz's life during the Stormfeather Tp...he pushed Lormis out of the way of a raven and became a captive himself of Stormfeather. Him and Dorarose married and had 2 dibbuns. Leon also became a brother and then Master Healer of Redwall. Leon has learned a lot of healing, he even knows about poisons and yes how to make them, not that he would ever use them.
He is still Master Healer of Redwall today.

Oh my goodness....found my first EVER role play http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/cont … rainy-mood

Last edited by Leon (2017-03-10 12:31:33 PM)

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

#4 2017-03-11 09:06:02 PM

oz

Cool...I have a long history of Oz saved on my computer, recently added fact Zinnia died to his history since it was his niece.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#5 2017-03-17 12:15:56 PM

oz

I am going to post the alts I have on muck.

Oz-Badger-Papa Oz and Dibbun Caretaker of Abbey-He is blind but don't let that fool you, he is FAR from helpless

Rayen-Fox- mate to Flicktail. She is a healer and acher(Though she may have to step away from being an archer and may end up wheelchair bound from injuries in a recent TP going on)

Patch-Rat-He is a spy, loves gold and candy chestnuts. He can get into trouble and you never know if he can be trusted sometimes or not, but he isn't evil...sort of like that Thief in Tangeled movie but he is also a spy.

I also have:

Gorvenalus-An old beaver, he is an abbot from a far off land and one of the only two survivors of an attack on his home

Last edited by oz (2017-03-21 08:13:50 AM)

I play:

#6 2017-03-29 04:28:26 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Wow, thanks for responding, guys!

Oh, wow!  I'd been thinking about that log for months.  Thank you for posting it!

I'm slightly in awe of you, Oz, because of your ability and stick-to-it-iveness to keep up that "history of my characters" thing.  I don't think I ever could. O.o  *applauds*

#7 2017-05-10 12:54:38 AM

LeeJ

I started on Sept 25, 2013, with Lee, an otter. My actual first rp, which was never logged, was with Flicktail and Zork, I believe, at the fire pit. The first logged rp I took part in was the very next day, actually, with Leon, DoraRose, and a very young Caleb and LilyMoore, and a cat character whose name I've forgotten, sadly.

I had a lot of ideas for character development with Lee, but most of it never really panned out, especially after he got an unexpected guard job foisted on him at Redwall.

Among his highlights were his marriage to Streamheart, and his subsequent children. I considered that some of the most fulfilling stories I ever took part in, and I'm still to this day saddened by the departure of Streamheart's player from the muck. I couldn't bring myself to kill her off, so I've kept her around as a puppet, but it's never brought me the same amount of enjoyment.

My most favorite character, however, is Lacota, Friar of Redwall Abbey. I'll freely admit he was created strictly to fill a role in the Abbey that I saw was not being filled by a REAL person, and thus his job was first and foremost in my mind, any further character development basically an afterthought. He was pretty bland at first, with an all-too-clichéd backstory of having been a former slave. Been there, done that. It served a purpose, nothing more.

Over time, however, the irascible squirrel really grew into his own distinct character, a no-nonsense kind of guy with a noticeable vanity and over-inflated opinion of himself, and his job. The Gordon Ramsay of Mossflower, in more ways than one.
And boy, did it click. For whatever reason, you guys seem to like him, a lot.
Lately, he's been softening, a bit, no doubt in large part because of his courtship, marriage, and eventual widowing: his beloved Krystal. That plot truly affected me. I didn't learn Krystal's player had left and killed her off for nearly two months afterward, and it was a great shock to me. I really wish it had gone differently. Lacota's never been quite as fun for me since that all happened. (I would be remiss if I didn't also mention his adopted daughter Cynthia. I haven't seen her around in awhile... I do hope she comes back. sad )

As for my other characters, there's William, a mute otter, Thomas, the blind storytelling mouse, Adrian, a Long Patrol hare, and Abel, an ex-slave squirrel.

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#8 2017-05-10 07:43:20 AM

Henry the Poet

Hello there chaps and chapesses! How go it with you in jolly old forumland? You have a bally nice place here! This place reminds me of the official web site, Wot! That place was like a tour guide, forum, and Belgian Waffle Maker all round in to one! (Don't ask me WHAT makes it like a Belgian Waffle Maker, it just is.) Have you ever had a Belgian Waffle? It's like a huge waffle shaped pancake. It's wounderful!

*CHOFF* *CHOFF* Sorry, turn in to Lewis again. Don't worry, I've here it's perfectly natural... For me. Turning into a cook with a worse sense of direction than a deaf bat aside, I am here to answer the question.

I have not been on the muck all that long and I have three characters, so I can devote more time to each character.
My first character, oddly enough, is my lest used. Did you read the log where Marek talked Texo (This one: Blueprints And Plans http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=306). Remember the random fiddler? THAT WAS HIM! I think he would be a great character, (with a great name, his a marten name Martin) but I have not gotten a chances to play him, so he has done nothing. (He was in two RPs before this, but I am pretty much going to ignore them.)

My second character was more successful. In fact, my account here is named after him. He everyone's favorite war starting sparra. The one! The ONLY! HENRY THE POET!!! *Slow claping* Yeah... him. His first RP was with Rayen... e made up a song about how foxes think they can catch sparrows right after that...that's Henry for you. Henry has changed since his first RP, but I mostly because I the player am bad at keeping him consistent, not because he has developed as a character. He has changed, a bit, but nothing so major he seems like a different person. I think I should move on, if I don't, this will become a rant about how much i love Henry... it may not look like it will, but it will.

My third and final character I talk about earlier in this vary post, it's Lewis! The thing about Lewis is, he was randomly generated! Well mostly. I re-rolled the dice often and sometimes I straight up piked the result I wanted, but this was mostly to make a coherent character I would like playing. The basic concept was still random. On top of that, Lewis' major characteristics I discovered through playing him. So most of his personality was not made up by me. Fun fact, I based Lewis' appearance off of the Black & Tan Belgian Hare, which, despite the fact that it looks like a hare and HAS HARE IN THE NAME, is a type of rabbet (it's like the Belgian Waffle in that way).

And that's all my characters! Despite writing a paragraph on each of them, Henry is the only on you has done anything.

Anyway, I have wasted enough of your time. Farewell my friends, may the winds fill you wings always.

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#9 2017-05-11 04:12:19 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Lee: Wow, seriously?  You also only joined a year and a half after me?  Wow.

And yeah, we like Lacota because it's funny to make him angry x'D  Some of us are really mean to characters tongue  Like that one time when Lily was still bad and she locked him in the cellar and he literally had to break the door down.  THAT was hysterical; I was laughing IRL when we did that :'D  Was I really in your second RP ever!  Cool! big_smile  What a moment smile

Henry:  You run MartinOMalley??  yikes big_smile  Maybe you should bring him to Redwall?  What times/days are you usually on?  Maybe I'll be able to RP with you as Blisa....although she's kind of depressed tongue

You runs a hare?  So do I!  Lewis, huh.....I don't think we've ever RPed with you as him and me as Felicity.  We should soon! smile

Everybody: Thanks for responding!!! big_smile

#10 2017-05-12 06:27:37 AM

Henry the Poet

Yes, I am Martin O'Malley. But why do you want to play with him? I it the pun? It's the pun isn't it? Chicks dig the puns (chinken raising tip of the week (even though I never actually raised a chicken)). Joking aside, why do you want to play with Martin? I would by happy to play him, but I am curious. I would rather him not go to Redwall (unless he decides to go naturally through RPing). You see, I already play Henry so much more than the other two, that if there were in the same location I would probable play Henry exclusively (although that's only a theory.

Time wise, I can play from about 6:00 am to 9:30 am and 2:30 pm to 9:30 pm (EASTERN STANDARD TIME) on week days. Sunday, I cannot play from 10:00 to 11:00. Realistically speaking the time I play is more like 7:00 to 8:30 and 2:30 to 7:00. Oh, and Thursday I can't play after about 5:00 pm. Day wise, I can be on everyday except Sunday, I have not frigged out the plan for Sundays

I all most forgot! Friday evenings I can only play from about 6:00 to 7:00 PM.

On Lewis, he has been in three RPs total. Two of them were in Redwall abbey (he already left Redwall). On top of that, his not a long patrol member yet. Both because IC his never even been to Salamandastron, and OOC I don't quite understand the application process (if that , makes sense). I would still love to RP though.

Last edited by Henry the Poet (2017-05-12 10:35:46 AM)

-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#11 2017-05-12 02:38:09 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Henry, re: joining the Long Patrol: Drop Magramba a page-mail on the MUCK. He can answer your questions and give guidance if you want to be an LP hare. It's my understanding that he handles that sort of thing.

#12 2017-11-30 01:47:28 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

ERMIGOODNISS, Henry, I'm sorry for not responding sooner.  I wasn't alerted that you had responded D:  I'm sorry.

I don't remember why I wanted to have Martin come to Redwall.  Where is he usually? 

I hope we can RP soon!  I'm sorry that I seemed to be ignoring you; I absolutely wasn't sad  I'm sorry.

And yes, Magramba (as far as I can tell) is in charge of the Long Patrol reboot.  Although there's been almost no RPs in the LP as far as I can tell for a long while (other than mine, mostly, and I could be missing some that happen on like Mondays because I'm not on here then and nobody's logging them).  But it'd still be cool to have Lewis join the LP big_smile

#13 2017-11-30 03:06:05 PM

Henry the Poet

Be not perturbed! I, the poet revered to only as "Henry", was not dressed over you lack of response to my proclamations. I merely sunk into a bottomless bog of melancholy form which I have yet to return...but until I do return, I am perfectly content.

Martin is currently in Ferravale, as he is at most times. He has not done much of anything, so he could by any if need be.

As much as I would like to have Lewis join the long the patrol, I would rather have a RP or two with him on the west shore before having him join (after all, he needs to get to Salamandastron before he can join the Long Patrol something AT Salamandastron).

#14 2017-11-30 04:14:24 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I have Felicity on the Western shore, so maybe here soon we can have them meet when she's out on a Patrol?  And cool; we can RP with me as Blisa and you as Martin more often, hopefully smile (and me as DoraRose or LilyMoore and you as Henry, of course!) smile

I hope your melancholy gets better; I understand being sad all the time.  It stinks sad

Board footer