Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-15 03:26:03 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Character name origins and theories!

So, I figured that it might be interesting to start a discussion about how we named our characters.  How did you come up with the names? 

With DoraRose, I named her after my kitty Dora and a kitten I once had who died.  Her name was Rose.  And then I chose Strongheart for her last name because she's so brave, and because she once saved a beast back in her homeland from drowning (it's part of her backstory).

I chose Lenore for my raven because I really like the poem /The Raven/ by Edgar Allen Poe, and I decided to name her after the woman he was talking about in there.

For Blisa.....well, that's actually a bit more complicated.  I'm not the first person to run her, and when I started running her after her original player had to leave ( :'( ), she was already her own char under the name of Blissa.  So I just dropped 1 S, and now I have my Blisa, whom I love playing.

And I wonder.....why Blissa?  Could this be it?
Barbie_and_Blisa...Blissa_resized_1.jpg
I had no idea that Barbie had a cat, much less what her name was, until I was over at a friend's house and was looking through her daughter's book.  So that's just an interesting theory of where my char's name first came from.  (If I can ever find out the title of that book, I'll post a link to it on, like, Amazon on here so I can avoid the copyright infringement stuff tongue )

With LilyMoore, I named the char after DoraRose's little sister who has murdered, and I named that character after my kitten Rose's sister, Lily.  I don't remember why I added "Moore".  I guess maybe 'cause it sounded cool?

And Felicity is named after my cat Dora's sister.

How did you come up with the names of your characters? smile

#2 2017-11-15 07:15:48 PM

Leon

Re: Character name origins and theories!

Leon- Don't know, liked the name

This is my only character now

Also Past:
Caleb- from a friend, liked name
Flint-sounded cool for a hare

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

#3 2017-11-17 08:31:57 AM

oz

Oz- I thought the name sounded cool for a badger

Patch- Good name for a thief/spy and he has a patch of white fur around one eye

Eclipse - Its dark and sounds scary for my raven...like a day without light suddenly...and she is evil!

Gorvenalus- it does sound cool, someone else helped me with his name....

Scioto- yes an OOC now as he is ICLY dead but named him that as its in reference to a river

Melantha: This Greek name means "dark flower" and she is leader of The Black Rose, a slaver group from the past I have had show up a couple other times. She will be around sometime soon smile

Lets see whom else do I have or..had...oh

Rayen- flower and plants so she was a healer, she left Mossflower and will never be back again

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#4 2017-11-19 04:02:43 PM

Karth Riverbark

Vojun Longtail- protector, soldier, peace maker

Attor Sands- vemon, sort of snake like so fits a monitor too

Flea Underwood- his size is small, even for a shrew

Karth Riverbark- My D &D ranger/archer....

so there ya go and the last names are just last names, I like my characters to have last names....

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#5 2017-11-25 01:51:14 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Wow!  It's really cool hearing this.  Thanks for the replies!  They're super cool big_smile

Board footer