Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-26 07:14:22 AM

Henry the Poet

Two badgers plighted OR Marry marriage bells - Redwall Log

~Setting~

The Entry of Redwall  Abbey, Mid Fall

~Characters~

-Chestnut, Hare Cook if the Defenders
-Krisha, Formerly Mute Badgermiad
-Henry Bird bard of the Defenders
-Xander, Leader of the Mossflower Defenders

~WHEN LAST WE LEFT OUR HEROES~

The Remnant has been at last defeated! The Mossflower Defender's base as been recovered and peace has returned again to Mossflower. However, this does not mean nothing is happening. A tablet written in something like badger script has been discovered. To understand the tablet requires a trip to Willowbark abbey, the home of Gorvenalus & Minsc.
That is not all that is happening in Redwall...

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Chestnut sits on a small cushion in the entry as he writes some things down on a paper he has and reads it over a couple times, he frowns “No....1/4 a cup...yes that’s better”

Krisha walks into the entry quietly humming a tune, she seems happy

A deeper humming comes out of a nearby tree in harmony with that of the badger.

Chestnut up from his work when he hears the humming “Oh...a nice soft tune, how nice. Hallo there.”

Krisha stops as she sees the hare anyways and smiles “Hi...I was...it’s a good day for a song and it’s been a fairly well day for me so far.”

“Every day is a good day for a song!” cries a voice from the trees. From out of the treetops comes the form of Henry. “Greetings and good fortune to you friends!” he says with a wave of his wing.

Chestnut says, “I guess it’s a good day to plan a new recipe, some new treats for the base maybe”   

Krisha smiles “Maybe you could help the friar make a cake...me and Xander's wedding is in a week and a half.”

“Congratulations KrishaBadger,” says the bird bard, “there is no greater symbol of love then a wedding.”

Chestnut says, “A wedding...hmmm...maybe I shall try and help in the kitchens...where shall it be?”   

Krisha smiles “Rose garden and you can help and any good beast can come to it”

“You will need music,” declares the poet, “the sparra are the best beast for singing. I will form the greatest choir Redwall house has ever known.”

Chestnut asks, “The sparrows singing? Sounds neat and different indeed.”

Krisha smiles “And simple, they would be lovely with...with the bells someone will play and simple is what I want nothing real fancy and all that, simple is best.”

Xander walks into the entry, not yet greeting beasts and he still has a bandage on the side of his face and some fading bruises on his arms and legs, he finally looks up and waves.

Chestnut says, “Hallo sir, nice to see you up and about!”

Krisha smiles and walks over to gently hug the other badger and asks “You ok Xander?” She checks him over as she speaks “I been making wedding plans. They are coming along nicely”

The black throated bard chips happily “Greetings and congratulations captain!”

Xander nods “Thanks…” He smiles at Krisha “I am ok dear...still healing but ok” He does sigh a little “Maybe a scar, but hopefully not too bad.”   

Chestnut stands “I need to see if I can help out in the kitchens...later all”

Krisha lays a paw on his bandages and smiles “I don’t care, I still love and will always love you...scars and all. You could have died and I am so glad you didn’t die”

“Excellent!” cries henry, “The two will be united. Songs will be sung. Feasts will be feasted upon. Verily, this will be a wedding to be recalled!”

Xander smiles “Love you too Krisha...”He chuckles at the sparrow” Soon...week from...well not tomorrow, day after that...wow that’s close but I can be ready. And yeah a feast can be had for a wedding, why not.”

Krisha smiles “A week and a day...yes soon.”

"Week and a day?" caries the sparrow poet, "This not much time, I must gather sparrows for the choir at once." The bird bards prepares himself for takeoff. "Farewell friends, may your love never cloy and may the winds fill you wings always." Then he flies up and into the Warbeak Loft, leaving behind nothing but a few gray feathers and the faint smell of mint.

~TO BE CONTINUED IN OUR NEXT!!!~

Last edited by Henry the Poet (2017-10-26 07:17:28 AM)

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#2 2017-10-26 02:30:23 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Two badgers plighted OR Marry marriage bells - Redwall Log

Ooh, oh, I could have Lily play the bells, maybe!

I should pmail Xander and Krisha about that....

Board footer