Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-07 03:20:11 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

The return of Zinnia: Halyard (part 1)

Scene: Halyard tavern

Happens, like, an hour after this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=58 and this log is that one's part 2: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=61

Characters: Zinnia, a female badger; Takeo, a male badger; Aira, female gull.  Felicity, a female hare.  Patch, a male rat.  Flint, a male hare.  Spoofed bar peoples.

LOG:

The tavern is not too busy as its a little after lunch and some have left. But at a booth in the back is a tall badger and some other beast who has a hood up and she is speaking "He hates me now...." The tall badger sighs "Dear, he doesn't...it's just a lot going on maybe, the important thing is he is clearly not a captive now, though am curious of his choice of friends"

Felicity has been searching for clues as to who stole part of Rioko's treasure.  So far, no luck.  She comes into the Halyard tavern and pulls the hood of her cloak back.  She walks over to the bar and orders some hot tea.  It's cold outside!  She doesn't notice the badger yet.

The tall badger glances over and pats the cloaked beast with him on the shoulder "Let me get you something to drink..." He walks over to the bar and smiles as he shows some coins "An ale for me and....hmmms...yes Tea is good for my mate...it's just normal tea right?" The ferret nods and goes to get the drinks.

Felicity turns and smiles at the badger.  "Oh, 'ello, there.  Aye, the tea is normal; I don't drink alchohol when I'm on duty," she points to the Long Patrol insignia on her belt buckle.  She actually doesn't drink booze at all, but that's another issue.  "My name's Felicity.  I say, you're a bit new 'ere, aren't you?  I don't believe I've seen you before."  She is being friendly and kind right now.

The badger smiles and bows "Sir Takeo...no I am not from here, my mate is though and the tea is for her....she is with dibbun" He walks back over and hands her the tea as she nods her thanks "Thanks..." She sips the tea slowly and sighs as she looks to see whom he was speaking to and blinks, she knows the hare maid.

Felicity smiles gratefully when she gets her tea.  Paying for it, she picks it up and blows on it to cool it off enough.  As the steam envelops her face, she turns and says, "Oh, do you lot need 'elp, Sir?"  She's not sure who is under the cloak just yet, so she doesn't know that she's been recognized.

The cloaked figure shakes her head "You...probably can't help Felicity.." A sea gull comes in and salutes "Sir...my Lady...no sign of him I am sorry I did look" Takeo sighs "Thanks Aira...it's ok"

Felicity's ears perk up at the voice.  She pads over to the table the little group is at.  "I say, do I know you?"  She knows that voice, right?  As the gull makes its report, she listens, then adds, "Who're you lookin' for, wot?  Per'aps I can 'elp y'look; as a Long Patrolah, I'm caled to assist and defend the weak, especially badgahs."  She refrains from winking; this does not seem like the best time for lighthearted jokes.

"Xander is here...somewhere" She says as she takes off her hood, the look is a bit different but it's her, she no longer has her Sister robes. The taller badger rests a paw on her shoulder "Zinnia...he will be found, I am sure he is ok he was just...upset" He sighs "Maybe it was my fault"

Felicity starts, spilling tea all over her paws.  Making tiny pain-filled (and surprised) sounds, she hurriedly sets her tea down and waves her paws in the air, accidentally flicking drops of tea everywhere.  "Miss Zinnia!  Wot're ya doin' 'ere?  Wait, this is your mate??  When did you get married?  Whu.....I don't understand.  I know y'weren't at Redwall when I 'elped get Xandah back there safely, but....."  The haremaid is obviously very confused.  "And why would Xandah be back 'ere in 'Alyard?  It was only a few months ago that we got 'im safely back to the Abbey."

Zinnia smiles and hugs Felicity "I...don't know, he didn't say and thank you for helping him and...yeah I got married and...even with dibbuns, due in a couple months...or so." The tall badger smiles "Takeo saved my life when I was lost, I was looking for Xander and...well long story.  I got a letter from Uncle Zee that...well anyways I was going to see him...." She frowns, its clear the letter wasn't good news, course she has no clue he has already died.

Patch walks into the tavern, he glances around and soon sees the badgers and starts to walk over to them.

Flint followed the rat, just as he said he would and goes to grab him on the shoulder "Whao thar..Patch was it? I got some questions for ya starting with wot happen earlier in the tavern ?"

Felicity gets hugged as she stutters a little, trying to comprehend what the badger maid.....well, she's not a maid anymore now that's she's married.  Well, Lissie is trying to understand what the badger is saying.  "But.....um...."  Shaking her head, she scratches her ear.  "Well, last I saw, Zee was just fine, but that was a few months ago."  She gets distracted by her uncle and the rat entering.  "Oh, bothah.....what now?"  She asks nobody in particular.

Zinnia sighs, "Its...hard to explain I guess I left the abbey while Xander was missing," She looks up at Flint and the rat, "You...you were with Xander"

Patch errks and shoves the hare's paw away "Hey I got to...and....well I didn't do anything, he was upset cause of the badgers" He points over at the badgers.

Flint looks over at where the rat points and blinks "Sister Zinnia?" And...well he has no clue whom the other badger is and he waves to his niece.

Felicity blinks then waves her paws in the air.  "Okay, y'know what?  Everybeast please sit down.  Including you, please."  She's just saying the please to be polite as she points at Patch.  "Why is Xandah 'ere in 'Alyard?  And who are you, anyway?"  She's a little suspicious, seeing how Xander has been enslaved before, but for now she's just trying to get answers.  If the rat doesn't have nefarious reasons for being with the young badger, then it's all good (sort of).

Patch seems glad when the other hare walks off, what ever the hare needed to do the rat is glad of....sometimes busy hares are good as that Corporal and what ever other hare went...good!  He looks to the remaining hare "I am Patch...and tagged along with stripy...see to get a chest or clue or something his Uncle had for him...find a sword or something, I don't know and since old stripes is dead ...not like the kid had someone to go with him....alone in this place...yeah not so good"

Zinnia listens as the rat speaks, "What Uncle.....?" She asks a little worried, and she frowns more "Uncle Zee?  ...D...Died?" And now she is crying, just great.

Felicity purses her lips.  "Wait, do y'mean Zee?  Y'know, it'd be very 'elpful if you'd stop using these....nicknames for a moment."  Or forever, but she refrains from mentioning that.  "But why would 'e send Xandah all the way out 'ere to find a sword?"  Nobody understand the old badger, y'all.  Well, almost nobody.

~*END*~
And then life happened and we had to cut the RP short sad I hope you enjoyed it, anyway.  Thanks for reading!
Will Zinnia and Xander be reconciled?  Or will they never become a family again?  Stay tuned for later logs to find out!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2017-01-11 05:30:30 PM)

Board footer