Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-08 07:15:53 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Aftermath of Letters (IC RWA RP January 8th, 2022)

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey Library

CHARACTERS:  All female
Krisha, badger
DoraRose, mouse

Immediately follows this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=2243

LOG:
Krisha sits in a large soft chair,where she has been for the last hour trying to still think on some things she learned.They had gotten a couple letters, she read them and had handed it back to the abbot,she wasn't sure who all he likely told, probally just the main elders like the champion and farier maybe.   

DoraRose has been on guard duty all day and has only now gotten off. She comes into the library to return a book and borrow another one. She spots the badger and makes her way over to her. "Are you alright, Krisha? I saw that gull come to visit, did he bring news?" Nobody has talked to her yet, apparently.   

Krisha nods quietly, she doesn't speak right away and then finally does"Yeah, some news from Salamanadtron. Lt. Elbio won't be coming back, he is alive...but some injury, in a fight...with.." A sigh "He is wheelchair bound now, permiently"   

DoraRose looks shocked and sits down on a footstool near the badger. "Oh, no! Is Ciana okay? Did the Patrol get the ones who did this?" The mouse is assuming it was some evil band of vermin or something.   

Krisha sighs,she holds up a paw to calm down."Ciana and the Lt., I believe is gonna live in Halyard,after they get a safe place but they should be fine.Some Long patrol hares do live in a part of the village there after all." A frown, if it wasn't an offical letter she wouldn't of believed it. "Well.....the one who did it is...is .."A frown, she was sad,she had hoped to help the hare but she failed..a small whisper"Zolomon.......and he's....dead"   

DoraRose freezes, unable to process that for a moment. She's in too much shock. Then the grief and anger wash over her. "Oh, Zolomon...." she buries her face in her paws, struggling to calm the tidal wave of emotions going through her.   

Krisha frowns, she then reachs out a paw to rest on the mouse shoulder, if she is allowed, "I..I know...I am in shock too...something, something must of..happen."She frowns, going back to the day,in the guard quarters when the hare killed the otter, and then witnessing when Vonda left, a frown as she saw the change in the hares experssion that day and it sort of scared her a little.   

DoraRose allows the paw on her shoulder. "I can hardly believe it. Zolomon was always so happy before. To think he had changed that much..." She takes her paws from her face and wipes away some tears. "Although....if friendship and kindness can make a beast like Marek turn from evil to good, then hurt and loss could make a beast like Zolomon turn from good to evil....I just wish we could have stopped it..." she stops, frowning. She knows better than to go down the path of trying to figure out what they could have done differently.

Krisha nods,"Yeah but...one can't change the past,even if they want to. We...we did wot we could."

DoraRose sighs and rubs her forehead. "Did the letter say what was done with his body? Do we need to go get it?" She scowls. "I still can't....it's so hard to believe..."   

Krisha shakes her head,she isn't really sure where it is now. "He was buried in a marked grave on the shore." a frown"I hope Elboio's daughter is ok, she has her father still at least and that's good"   

DoraRose groans. "Aye, I hope Ciana's taking this well. Poor dear...'tis good they'll be so close to Salamandastron, and have other Patrollers nearby. I wonder if we should try to send her a letter and see how she's doing." This is overwhelming news, to be honest. The mours will have to fully deal with this later, in solitude.   

Krisha says, "maybe, prehaps Rufus since he is heading back in the spring"

DoraRose looks puzzled for a moment. "Oh, is that the gull's name? Yes, he can take a letter back then. Good idea." She sighs. "How are you? You and Zolomon seemed quite close." Not as close as Zolomon and Xander, but the mouse doesn't mention that.   

Krisha shrugs "I saw him as a friend, he even wanted to be a co leader of the Mossflower Defenders..."A shake of her head as she stands,a soft hmmm as she starts to head out and stops,"Want to come with me and have some tea, maybe some fresh pie?" She will then head to the kitchen

Smiling, DoraRose nods.  "Aye, that sounds good."  She actually wants to process this alone, but she waits to do that; for now, she's there for her friend.  She'll make time to be alone later.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer