Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-25 01:49:15 PM

Mother Krisha

It's Not The Same-Redwall Log

Krisha sat quietly at the table in her room. , She had not done too much planning for The Winter Solstice, in fact, Sister Anna reminded her about cookies and hot cocoa. The Badger Mother decided to put Sister Anna and Brother Rick in charge of that job this season.

Gorvenalus walked over and spoke, "You doing ok Krisha?, You seem down, today is not a day to be down." He offered a smile.

Krisha sighed "Yeah, well this season isn't the same, it's...."She shrugs "Just feels...depressing." A frown "I didn't even get things ready for the dibbuns, I let Sister Anna and Brother Rick handle it. There is no...special visitor this year that's helping. Not even any..snow"

Gorvenalus sits down "Well, perhaps the Snow Badger is busy this season"He suggests, "It does happen. He perhaps...needed  more helpers at his home."

Krisha sighs and shakes her head."What about...the whole checking on them, making sure they are good this season, the whole...he comes tomorrow."

Gorvenalus hmmms"Well, there is still the cookies, the hot cocoa and I think the friar even made candy chestnuts."A smile"There is still a quiet night, the dibbuns are happy and the abbey dwellers are also enjoying hot cider and holiday tarts...care to join us?"

Krisha frowns "I..I rather not Brother Gorvenalus, I am just fine up here. Besides, I may go to bed and sleep in tomorrow, I am sure I  won't be the only one to sleep in a little."She knew most did sleep in the next day as the adults usually stayed up late to make sure all was ready for the morning. The dibbuns would have their treats and small gifts, gifts would be passed around, opened, or wrapped for the morning for other abbey dwellers and friends. She would just stay in bed, take the day off and just perhaps sleep a lot.

Gorvenalus sighs as he stands up"If that's your wish, but I may likely  check on you  later on, alright."

Krisha just nodded and watched as the beaver walked out of the room, she got up only to shut the door and sit back down in the chair, her first winter season without Xander and it hurt, it hurt more than she let on.

It was the next morning, of course, the dibbuns woke up early, but at least things were ready for them and the half-asleep helpers.

No snow, but it was cold and some frost was on the windows and a little on the ground. So it seemed the Snow Badger was not delivering snow just yet, perhaps to make up for over snow last season.

A novice went to check on the Badger Mother, knocking and then entering the room "Ummm Nother Krisha are you...ummm....." Eyes wide as the Badger Mother was nowhere in sight, a slight panic and then quickly going to tell someone. After a , quiet look around the abbey grounds, she was not found and she did not mention she was heading outside.  Finally, finally, they spoke to a guard that was on duty that, oh yeah early this morning the Badger Mother had slipped out for a walk or something very early that morning,.......said guard got a lecture on how to maybe TELL SOMEONE THIS INFO like SOONER.

Hopefully, someone went out to make sure all was well, or just hoped she be back soon.

So where is Krisha? Did someone go look for her? When will she be back? Find out in a furture Log!

Board footer