Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-13 12:42:53 PM

Proud LP

Hateing The Patrol-LP LOG

*** Oz asked me to post this since he could not at the time, so here is the log.Captain Velm does show up towards end.**

Who:

Velm-Captain/Chief Healer in LP

Zolomon-Former LP hare, now rouge

Rufus-Messenger,fighter and friend to the LP

A couple spoofed tavern beasts-By Velm

LOG:

The tavern in Halyard was noisy as many beasts, woodlander and vermin alike, was inside having drinks and eating meals and sharing the latest gossip.

It was now a cloaked figure choose to walk into the tavern and make their way to the bar and sit down, "One of ya strongest drinks please." A voice spoke. The cloak was thick, a sort of olive green with brown patches, a large cowl hood covered their face. Black leather straps were over the back and front, one front strap was a small rectangular pack, and another was more circler in shape above it. Yet another held in place a quiver of gull feather-tipped arrows, and a place on the back held in place a longbow that looked like it had been repaired and seen better days but still worked all the same.

An otter got the strong drink and slid it over to the cloaked stranger."Hear ye are sur, what be with de hood?" He was either curious or wanted the hood off.

"None ya business." A gloved paw takes the drink and downs it, then taps the glass."Another."

The otter leans over "Tis my business, this town has seen a lot of trouble so kindly take off de cloak." The tone gets demanding.

Quick as lightning a saber is at the otter's throat,"Long as you let me take off ye head,then maybe we haf our sef a deal hmmm?"

A few gasps as the otter freezes in fear, a small gulp as he speaks "S...sure matey keep de  hood up."He frowns "And i...I will get that refill of a drink for ya sur"

The cloaked figure chuckles and nods as he lets the otter get back to his work"Good answer" He says calmly.

The otter may not be brave enough, but a weasel is. The otter slides over the refilled drink as the weasel goes to walk up behind the cloaked figure and purposely knock the chair out from under him.

The cloaked figure gets one sip of the 2nd drink before he falls backward. The chair breaks and the drink spill as the mug breaks. The figure cusses loudly before managing to stand, and quickly stab the saber backward that he still holds in another paw. The hood indeed falls to his back to show a one-eared hare, or a...hare with like half of one ear."Not...wise scumfur"

The weasel is quick to yip and the saber BARELY misses him as he steps sideways, shivering a little now. He blinks once,twice..."What....are you even? who are you?"

The figure speaks "Well use to be called...Zolomon, kind of hate de name now.."He shows the  longbow that burned in  many places, some repair was clearly done and most of the name is blacked off from  fire, the letters Z..o...m...stand out." Zom is cool,right?"

The weasel nods quickly"I...yeah yeah, so so cool." Please let me agreeing let me live the weasel thinks to himself.

Zolomon smirks and lets the weasel go."Go away now."He sits in a new chair and scans the room as beasts just sort of  stare at him, one speaks "You some  sort of Long Patrol...."A glare stops the rest of that sentence."Long Patrol hare? No...I hate them all."He is so oddly calm as he says it.

Most just decide to ignore him, a couple look uncertain, one mouse speaks "But the patrol has helped us, for sure when that snake thing showed up. It would have been a LOT worse had they not helped." Some mutters of agreement are heard. It seemed more in the village respected the Long Patrol now than before.

Zolomon rolls his eyes, "Wot ever."He downs the 2nd drink when it comes.

The tavern beasts just still stare and then seem to go about their business as usual deciding Zolomon is not a threat at the moment.

Zolomon gets another strong drink and grins, yep he is at the drunk stage as he chuckles a little.

The otter carefully speaks "Maybe ya should ease up, you know....sleep a bit, free room..."

Zolomon glares and just stands up as he downs his 3nd strong drink and snorts. He then just walks on out of the tavern and towards the exit of the village getting to where the beach is and heading up shore, he has thought of going down shore, down shore towards the mountain but is wise not to.

Rufus is circling around and spots Zolomon, he circles once and then goes to dive bomb him aiming to not hurt him too much but clearly give a warning to the hare.

Zolomon was not alert as he usually is and the attack was a surprise as he avoided too much damage but the gull did get the top of his head and a claw to the, already half an ear. He jumps sideways and looks at the bird,"Rufus......oh perfect the stupid gull"

Rufus yarks loudly "Rufus no stupid....why bunny all bad now, bunny use to be goodbunny, now ess evilbunny. Rufus no longer is friend to Zolomon."

Zolomon shrugs "Like I care,who needs friends and why have a bird as a friend, that's stupid and wot ever, yeah."He smiles "I like the new me by the way." Oh and that smile isn't friendly either.

Rufus is smart enough to keep his distance."Rufus no like new you."

Zolomon chuckles slightly"That's fine Rufus,no one has to like me."He glares "I hate you...also Terrence, Can't stand Terrence or Varus, heck all of the Long Patrol."

Rufus puffs up,"Rufus go tell Bunny Lord and bunnies you is close to Halyard."He then goes flying off, taking into the air and heading in the direction of Salamanstron.

Zolomon frowns and gets out his longbow, selects an arrow, and aims carefully."Sorry, can't let ya do that.." He then fires off the deadly arrow straight for the bird!.

Rufus gets a fair distance before the arrow hits him, he staggers and manages to glide some, he tries to flap and kind of half crashes into the sand, rolling a couple times and then going still.

Zolomon noted the crash and that the arrow hit, he starts to dash to where the bird fell but sees someone else in the distance and backs off, cursing under his breath.

The someone is Cole who saw the gull fall while on sentry duty. He checks the gull and carefully picks him up to run back to the mountain.

Velm is at the entry and comes a short distance out and frowns,"Ok lay him in the basket...careful now and you two"To a couple of privates"Get him to the infirm ."He looks to Cole"You inside as well Private"

Rufus is alive but in a lot of pain, the arrow somehow by a miracle missed anything vital...just barely missed his heart so they will need to be extra careful moving him inside.

Cole shakes his head"I can't...sur, me brother killer is out thar, I saw him and I am gonna take him out..."

Velm sighs and goes to lay a paw on Cole's shoulder."No, unwise....and by de way lad, sorry.."A quick move (vulcan neck pinch anyone) and ready arms to catch the Private to carry him inside and lay him on a cot, then tend to the gull.

Cole stiffens and indeed passes out, he will wake in a couple hours and be very grumpy but at the same time mutter a thanks as the Captain likely just saved his life.

Meanwhile, Zolomon had watched this from afar with a spyglass and grumbled, he then uses his speed to run off back up shore. He is still fast, but there is a noticeable bit of a limp after he gets some paces away, but he manages to force himself to speed off to where ever he plans to go a little up shore of Halyard.

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

Board footer