Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-02 02:32:18 PM

Proud LP

New Respsoniblites- LP LOG

WHO:

Velm- Captain/ Chief Healer/Home Guard

Quinten-General/Librian/Recorder

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Log:

A typical if quiet day in Salamandastron, outside it is cold and grey and stormy, rain is hammering out of the heavens and soaking the beach and making the poor recruits and privates out training on the beach miserable and wet no doubt. Up near the top of the mountain however things are cozy and quiet, the large window in Ciocan's room has the glass set into it and it is closed to keep the rain out.   

The Badger Lord is sitting at his desk, quietly tapping something with a very small hammer and peering at it through a monocle. Quinten is sitting nearby in an arm-chair writing something on parchment and the pair of hares guarding the door are quietly standing at-ease. The General was able to convince Ciocan not to rush off to hunt down Zolomon personally but the Badger was in a bad mood for several days and as usual, he locked himself in the forge but now he seems to have calmed down and it is back to business as usual.   

The Messenger Quinten said however should hopefully have located Velm by now and instructed him that his lordship would like to see him in his office so the two older beasts are just biding their time with work whilst they wait.   

Velm had been on his way to camp when he got the message. He figured it must be important and so he of course came back. He dusted off his uniform and then walked into the room, he gives a salute." You needed to speak to me sur?"   

Ciocan looks up from his work and frowns at Velm as if wandering why he is there for a moment then nods, "Oh yes... Quinten."

The General stands up and hands the Badger Lord the scroll he was writing on. Ciocan runs his eyes over it then signs it at the bottom and stands up, walking around to loom quietly in front of Velm and consider the younger hare and healer.

He then unfurls the scroll and runs his eyes over it again, "Yes this as I ordered," He rolled it back up and tapped it against his wrist, staring at Velm, those ancient dark eyes of his seeming to bore through the hare quietly, "Whatever am I going to do with you."   

Velm watches the Badger Lord quietly and listens as he speaks. His ears flatten a little as worry sets in a bit."Sur?" He sounds confused, going over in his mind if he missed something important. It's true he has been busy with his healer duties, with stuff at camp and yet somehow he managed to focus on making sure Lt. Elbio was ok,in fact, he helped the other hare back to the mountain giving orders to the healers to still keep an eye on him as he had a long way to go yet before he fully recovered.   

The Badger taps his chin and shakes his head and sighs sadly, a deep, booming sound and turns his head to look at Quinten, "Are you sure Quin?"   

The older hare nods, "Oh yes, I am afraid so My Lord, I've reviewed the records as you asked and checked the regulations, we don't have any choice in this matter, it's quite clear, laid down in the original founding charter itself."   

Ciocan shook his head and unrolled the scroll again, looking at the words written on it "Well then I guess we have no choice," he raised his head over the scroll and stared at Velm again, "Sorry Lieutenant Velm."   

Velm frowns as more confusion and worry sets in." s...sorry bout wot sur?" He looks between them both quietly, waiting and wondering what is going on.   

Ciocan shakes his head and looks back at the scroll, "I Ciocan, Lord of Salamandastron and the Western Shores, do hereby on this day hereby promote Velm, to the rank of Captain in the Long Patrol,"   

He lets the scroll roll up, "You are hereby ordered to take up the post of Chief Healer of Salamandastron and are being re-assigned to the Home Guard under the Generals' direct command."

The badger then took a smart step back and Quinten moved forward, he saluted Velm then raised his hands and un-pinned the rank insignia of a lieutenant from Velm's collar and deftly affixed a new metal pin-badge, the insignia of a Captain of the Long Patrol, "Congratulations Captain Velm," the general said then stepped aside and Ciocan held out the scroll to Velm.

"Your commission Velm, a very well deserved promotion."   

Velm listens, still worried or least at first as he hears the promotion he smiles.."Captain?.."He listens and Chief Healer as well, a smile still.He is quiet as the pin is changed and chuckles"Seems I have to, change my uniform now..thank you surs..thank you very much and I will not disappoint you in this promotion."He takes the scroll from Ciocan, a salute and nod is given.

Ciocan smiles at Velm and places a hand on the hare's shoulder, "Don't thank us too much, it's a lot of work and it means staying here a lot of the time Velm," The badger lord says in his deep rumbling voice, "You're part of the General Staff now, there will be little galavanting off to exotic places on patrol, you'll be co-ordinating things from here."

Velm nods "I don't mind staying in the mountain sur, tis fine."In fact it's likely a lot better he isn't on the battle fields or on missions."I can even help organize the infirmary and recovery room, as well as the herbal room, some have mentioned its sometimes hard to find something. I can also help with Lt. Elbio's recovery."   

Ciocan chuckles, "Said like a true healer, but you have staff to do that, make a plan and order them to do it, you've had some experience as a Lieutenant my boy, but you're a captain now. As nice as it is to take an afternoon off and re-organise the store-room you're now responsible for the equipping, training and availability of our healers."

Quinten chuckles, "The healers of the patrol may report to their various officers, but they come to you and your staff for training, for guidance, you are also going to find yourself responsible for the health of the non-patrollers living here, organizing recruit curriculums, there is a lot more to this job then just healing Velm, so be prepared for a bit of a shift in the way you have to do things."   

Velm nods "Of course sur. I can plan some classes for the recruits and some privates, make sure all know basic healing and for those wanting to work in the healing arts, I will set aside a different class."He studies the Badger Lord. "As a chief healer, I will also require regular checkups...for everyone sur and not just before missions or after missions."   

Ciocan waves a hand, "Discuss the Patrol's check-up schedule with Quinten, he can arrange to make sure they happen and don't interrupt the flow of things. Your new office is attached to the Infirmary of course, the Chief healer has always liked to be there."   

The Badger Lord looks at Quinten, "Am i forgetting anything?"   

Quinten smiles, "That about covers it all my lord, we'll get out of your fur."

"Very well, you're dismissed Captain, see you later General."   

Velm nods, a salute "Yes sur."He blinks, his own office...well that will be nice. He then heads off to have a meeting with the healing staff, go over some things with the General later, and yes he is serious on everyone having a checkup, maybe once every 4 seasons... whether a beast may want a checkup or not,they will have one done.The Lt., or now Captain, is about to have a very busy next few days.

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

Board footer