Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#51 2021-11-04 07:59:34 AM

oz

Re: Current LP Members Thread

I have no clue how to add a character history/ect....any a system gonna just send in history for Cole and Slaw later.
I can update ones already there though.
I am unsure who all still needs the history/ ect info added.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#52 2021-11-04 08:00:58 AM

oz

Also decided just gonna have Cole in the Patrol and of course my young teenage character Ciana is now a recruit.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#53 2021-11-04 10:09:23 PM

Ol'random
Website

Alright! Did a general update to most of the LP pages on the wiki - moved Cole, Grace, and Julia to the "Hares of the Mountain" page, as well as added Zywie. Those 4 - Cole, Grace, Julia, and Zywie still need their profiles filled out, as do Quinten and Adrian.
here's the page if anyone wishes to fill it out themselves: https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Long_Patrol_Members_Listing
Otherwise, send me (Terrence or John on the muck or via the forums messaging):

-Character's full name
-Personality

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-11-04 10:10:09 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#54 2021-11-07 09:16:17 PM

Ol'random
Website

Added Zywie's details!

Here's the Wikipedia Editing Help page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing
This is a good starting point for learning how the RW Muck Wiki works, and is where I started learning how to edit/post on the site. I encourage anyone who wants to help out, make their own pages, or who are simply curious to check it out smile

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-11-07 09:17:53 PM)

#55 2021-11-08 09:44:43 AM

oz

I forgot the last name for Cole and Slaw but found a new one and updated! I like the new one better anyways....also updated in spoofs Teddy is dead (Or will be anyways by 15th November, it's a spoof I forgot about)

I play:

#56 2021-11-08 05:11:19 PM

oz

Updated Cole history and personally  as well as Zolomon's in past members.
Slaw had his full name down as well

I also found Quinten's full name and updated it! Still need his history and personally down.

So just need info for:

Adrian
Quinten
Grace
Julia

And guess add Ciana to list of recent hares, she is a Recruit for now smile

Last edited by oz (2021-11-08 07:13:09 PM)

I play:

#57 2021-11-09 09:14:48 PM

Ol'random
Website

cool! I'm not sure if the wiki help page mentions this, but italics are made by placing

'

around the words you want in italics

so in editing

''it looks like this''

then on the finished page:
it looks like this

To get rid of italics, just get rid of '' on both ends of the section

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-11-09 09:15:36 PM)

#58 2021-11-25 03:43:19 PM

oz

Ok
I went ahead and updated a couple things. 
One being taking Jinora and Rahier off lists and put them in ghost patrol. They were player characters....so.

Also Quinten sent his character info to me, so I will update that too.

AND

The fact that Adrian,  Monty, and Lossow is ICLY back at the mountain.  But guessing when Elbio heads to Mossflower,  Lossow will be going with him?

Last edited by oz (2021-11-25 03:46:42 PM)

I play:

#59 2021-11-25 04:02:38 PM

Proud LP

Also

Me and Quinten were talking since Velm is like basically the main healer...I have been having him act as an unofficial chief  healer.....anyways,

Lt. Velm may get promoted to Captain/Chief Healer of the Long Patrol smile

Hmmm I wonder if Greg should be  a Major, could be  cool smile

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#60 2021-11-25 10:26:16 PM

Ol'random
Website

Concerning that last point - unless Varus' dies or steps down, there is not a dire need of majors. If there is any role in the LP that we really need is privates, lance-corporals, and corporals.

we barely have enough hares for one major, let alone two, though Greg is currently semi-filling the role in Varus' continued absence as he is the second highest ranked hare in the patrol after Varus. But above all the most important thing is what Greg's player thinks (as well as varus', as they still play the major regardless of varus' state of mind)

As for Velm being promoted & becoming the chief healer, there are two solutions:
He becomes chief healer of the Long Patrol and is transferred to be captain of the Home Guard Patrol, under Quinten's direct command. We do need more support staff and Velm as a character fits that role very well - as a healer, he really shouldn't be leading troops on the front line unless absolutely needed to as his skills are too valuable to potentially lose.
Or he can stay in the main patrol, not becoming the chief healer, and be promoted to captain of the 2nd company (recently just returned to the mountain as Adrian & Monty), which will require some more hares transferring and a more active fighting role in the unit.

If he stays in the main patrol he most likely can't be chief healer at the same time for reasons stated above + the fact that a chief healer of the LP should stay at the Mountain with the Homeguard unit and off most dangerous missions unless someone like the general or badger lord moves out with the entire LP like the times they have fought in Mossflower & when they went after the slavers, or if the chief healer is specially attached to a particular group (kinda like how Terrence was attached to the Greg & Velm's company in Halyard)

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-11-25 10:28:53 PM)

#61 2021-11-25 10:52:17 PM

oz

Of course Varus is still Major and should stay Major.

As for Velm, I like the idea and think it be good. Velm becomes a Captain for Home Guard, and Home Guard does need a main/chief healer.

Also does Varus have all or most of his memories back yet?

I play:

#62 2021-11-25 11:17:37 PM

Log-A-Log

I vote Velm for Captain/Chief Healer in Home Guard.
And Home guard needs a healer to stay at the mountain and needs a captain too.
There is still Donica and Zywie for healers and like 2-3 spoofed ones.

Also,
I think what was ment to be said was having two majors ....but one is enough and from what I heard in Role Play, Varus has mentioned he wants to stay at Major level and not raise in rank.

Having a lance corporal in the patrol would be good. As for Privates, there is always NPCS....and there is Ciana , who yes is a recruit for now, but one day she will be a Private (course when is her choice of course ).

It may also be nice, if some more join the Patrol, that the idea of having some patrol at that base that's in mossflower, its close to  St Nihms. Sorry forgot the number OOCLY..course Elbio knows it ICLY.

Ok that's all

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#63 2021-11-26 10:54:38 AM

Proud LP

I didn't mean Varus wouldn't still be  Major, he would.
I meant Varus and Greg be Majors, and it could happen some time in the future, for sure if the company Arian is in gets bigger. It  too would need a Major.

Also I think being on Home Guard would be awsome for Velm.I have role played him as the main Healer of the Lp and he ICLY does lessens with the like healers in Private rank,and works with any hare wanting to have Healer be their main job. Of course Velm likely does a basics Healing class for ALL hares,like recruits and Privates because it's important ALL hares know basic healing skills,Basic first aid, how to tightly bandage that wound,set that broken leg so they can get to a more experienced healer.

I would be fine with Velm being at the mountain at all times.

I am :

#64 2021-11-26 11:59:56 AM

Log-A-Log

wonder if people be interested in making hares to go back with Lt. Elbio for the 67 Fur and Foot patrol.
So far there is like sub Lt. Lossow and Lt. Elbio(And Elbio is mostly at the abbey)

And I looked at the divisions I think Varus would be major for both company A and B.....whoa Varus is in charge of a lot of hares, hope he has his memory back soon, hee we need the grump Major Varus back full force tongue. These hares need whipped into shape wot wot!

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#65 2021-11-26 02:17:31 PM

Willow

Concerning Greg, I'm currently not really able to get on enough to warrant a promotion for him I'd say xD There's nothing he can't do as Captain that he could has Major so I'm not too worried about it. One day maybe when if we need another Major but he is already things like the Master Blacksmith role so I'm happy as it is until such a time as a promotion makes sense or is needed.

#66 2021-11-28 01:01:05 AM

Ol'random
Website

Traditionally, a major was typically in charge of at least six companies (either named, lettered from a-down, or numbered)! But as the MUCK and the LP don't have nearly enough players and hares to support that in a way that actually works and help RP, we currently have 2 companies. But really it's just one full company and one extra.
For some more context, the camp by Halyard and nearly every hare on the Snake in the Sand mission/plot is in company A, under Greg's command as captain with Velm as lieutenant and Felicity as sergeant.
The only hares that aren't part of it are Varus, as he's the major, Olivia, as she's retired, and Terrence, who is the master-sergeant for the battalion as a whole

However, once Velm is transferred to the HG, there should be a rearrangements of the two companies and what hares are in each. As there is IC tension between Varus and Adrian (played by the same player, btw) Adrian should probably be in Greg's company so that contact between the major and his son is minimal. Maybe shove Monty in the company too and OOC'ly dissolve company B until we need it again.

Now the 67th: Depending on how soon Elbio leaves for Redwall, I'm not sure if any members of the 67th will go with him - because he is technically his own special unit within the 67th as the RW hare. Perhaps in late spring the LP could send the 67th to Mossflower? There's a NPC spoof I have in mind who is a captain and has expressed interest in joining the 67th, so she might be a good NPC to be the ranking officer.
The 67th probably won't interact much with Elbio & Redwall beyond checking up once every other month or so to see how things are doing, or in an emergency, or Elbio requests their help

#67 2021-11-28 12:31:45 PM

Proud LP

I am...confushed

So icly there will be company A and Company B still But OOCLY they might work together sometimes?

Also it looks like Monty and Adrian is already in  company B(the only two right now besides the couple NPCS from the Tenderfoot plot.)

And  yeah Velm will be a Captain in the Home Guard soon(ICLY around the 2nd I suppose as that's when he heads back to the mountain with Elbio since it seems that is ICLY to of happen on Dec 2nd. So Velms promotion  will probably be roleplayed out in next couple days (of course ICLY the 2nd).

As said I am offline on Saturday the 11th
Also sAT THE 4TH (Time with family )

Velm being on Home Guard will help with the fact the last couple weeks in December I am OOCLY busy, weekends for sure. BUT being on home guard Velm  won't be needed for anything outside the mountain.

Another note, I may show a friend the muck seeing as they love the books,and like roleplay stuff so....yeah and they also like hares! so hopefully we gain a private.....

yet another thought came up before I finished this..maybe Ciana  could become a Private since Privates are needed (and would offer more roleplay chances )

I am :

#68 2021-12-06 12:12:49 PM

Proud LP

I have learned lesdit!

Velm desc is updated smile

I am :

#69 2021-12-06 02:57:03 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

yay!

that command is a bit of a pickle to learn, but one you've got it, you're gold.

congratulations! big_smile

#70 2022-08-30 06:10:06 PM

oz

Was not sure where to post so doing so here

I updates lists on the Long Patrol wiki page

Felicity is in retired hares now

Also took off the lists Rhowen ,Felicity,Julia

I also got a request to take Elbio off lists

I mot sure how to update the  current and former hares lists so guest Terrence can tens to that. I will leave names of who on put on former list now:

Felicity-icly retired oocly left myck
Julia-icly went with sister oocly left muck
Rowen-went idle? Isk ;(
Zywie-left icly and oocly

I play:

Board footer