Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-19 01:27:21 PM

oz

Letters and Updates- LP LOG

Who:

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Rufus- sea gull friend of LP

LOG

Ciocan looks over a report and frowns as he lays it down and sighs. The western shores had been fairly quiet, no ill reports. Then some strange things started to happen in Halyard, Prv Slaw was found dead and now Lt. Elbio was injured and at the LP camp infirm.

Rufus flew into the window and landed easily onto a table. He yarks softly"Bunny Lord...Rufus come say Hi, then see bunnies...bunnys have letters."He points to the pouch on his side.

Ciocan looks over when he hears Rufus and smiles"It's been some time since I saw you, my friend, where have you been?" He stands to go over to take the letters"What sort of letters do my hares have for me?" He hoped for some updates on what the heck was going on in or near Halyard.

Rufus shrugs best a bird can"Rufus no read letters.."He perns a feather and speaks "Rufus fly around warmer south but Rufus miss friends at mountain and Rufus have nest on mountain so Rufus stay here. Here is home."

Ciocan nods"I am glad to know you see my mountain as home Rufus, your welcome to stay inside when it's colder outside."He then goes to sit down and read the letters.

Rufus hops closerr "Vhat is letters? Bunnies seemed to think letter needa come quickly to Bunny Lord."

Ciocan just reads the letter, he does reply "Just some updates I will need to look into it seems." He then looks over at the gull"You were at the camp, how is Lt. Elbio doing?"

Rufus speaks "Rufus not know much, think bunny Elbio still be same....still notta wake up yet but be alive ya ya."

Ciocan nods"Well, keep me updated. I may pay the camp a visit as well." He goes to read the other shorter letter over and hmmms "Odd..."He exams the paper and frowns, as he mutters to himself"Why would Halyard suddenly not want us around...something is not right here." He looks at Rufus."Rufus, find Quinten please he should know of this too" And maybe look up the seals on the letter for any clues or ideas.

Rufus nods"Rufus can do, ya for you..."He starts to head off.

Ciocan finds a quill and paper"Rufus, wait." He writes out his own letter, a short one, and hands it to Rufus"Give this to Greg and Terrence, thank you."

Rufus nods, he gets the letter. First, he finds Quinten, where ever he is, and then the gull heads back to the LP camp.

Letter one:

The seal is large, marked with three tails of a mouse, a lizard, and some sort of vermin. The parchment inside is expensive and on closer look one might be horrified to see it might possibly be made from skin, not the traditional grass and wood. The lettering is flowing and written in expensive ink, reading:

'Transcribed and translated on the Fifth Day of the Fisher, Sixty-Eighth Season of the Lizard, the Band of Merchants of the North and West Sea writes to the Badger Lord of Salamandastron, commander of the Long Patrol of the Shores of Mossflower Country:

Many greetings. It has come to the attention of our leaders that many assets in the Town of Halyard were lost or damaged in the recent summer wars with the wildcat known as Zoltar. Several of our protected citizens were killed or injured in the fighting and the following looting by the vermin band, as well as at least six ships of our ships, amounting to fifty tons worth of goods, being lost.

In response, several figures in the town of Halyard, who half of which wish to remain anonymous, reached out to us seeking protection and more substantial trade. As Halyard is one of the only north-western ports leading to Mossflower Country, it is in our interest that the town becomes fully under our protection.

For the past season we have been working tirelessly towards this goal despite the great distance between Halyard and our main places of operation. As such, we have hired many local mercenary groups, supplemented where we can by our own agents, to act in our stead. We hope these groups do not come into conflict with the Long Patrol, and to this end we, including now several citizens of Halyard, request the immediate and total withdrawal of the Long Patrol from the vicinity of Halyard.

Halyard will be henceforth protected against external threats by our forces and those that work for us, without the involvement of the hares of the Long Patrol, and further activities of the Long Patrol in the Town of Halyard is highly discouraged. Such efforts shall be met with resistance should the Long Patrol prove uncooperative and antagonistic.

We look forward to your cooperation,

Signed,'

Here, several paw prints of woodlanders and vermin alike with strange letters are listed, followed by several names local to Halyard.

Letter two:

To Lord Ciocan and General Quinten:

A report of the past few weeks. A snake-like creature may be under the docks, further clues will be looked into.

The squirrel John is back, but may or may not be involved in troubles in Halyard

The 4 rats were found dead by Private Slaw, further clues and talking with some beasts were found out was not the work of John, someone else killed the rats and Slaw

No one in Halyard seems willing to talk about anything really

The note was written by Master Sargeant Terrence.

***Quick OOC note Terrence and Greg went to find out more info ***

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2021-11-19 01:58:33 PM

oz

Re: Letters and Updates- LP LOG

The letter to Terrence and Greg tells them to keep Ciocan and Quinten up dated

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#3 2021-11-19 11:35:05 PM

Ol'random
Website

I should probably say that the letter from Terrence was not written by me! But it has all the info that's needed, so no worries tongue

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#4 2021-11-20 11:00:45 AM

oz

Hmmm
I was going by what Rufus said. Where a small update report was also sent to ciocan , like this has happen over past 2 weeks or so ect ect.

I play:

Board footer