Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-20 01:40:13 AM

Ol'random
Website

RW MUCK Wiki Pages You'd like to see

Hey, so I wanted to ask the community at large what stuff on the Wiki they would like to see revamped/created!
It could be anything from compiling a TP's logs to a history of the Redwall MUCK itself. What do you personally want to see done on the Wiki?

I'm hoping to get a general direction of things to do for myself and whoever else feels like helping out on the wiki, so please, as long as it pertains to the MUCK and follows the rules, I'm willing to take any requests. I can't promise anything will come of it right away, though, but I found that I actually enjoy writing some of the pages up and doing the 'research' to fill them - and having other people's input will help.

So please, if you have a request for something to be made/edited/written for the wiki, feel free to reply!

I also encourage whoever wants to have a go at doing stuff on the wiki to go for it; the more the merrier

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-10-20 01:41:37 AM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#2 2021-10-20 06:58:23 AM

oz

Re: RW MUCK Wiki Pages You'd like to see

It's too had the very...VERY old stuff isn't able to be recovered,  I am talking about 1995-2001...yeah that far. I think the easiest on here is something from 2005 maybe.

Like nothing from the Silver Star order, there was Knights of Valor group...also how the abbey had a large siege in like 1996....yeah I had a couple characters then  shortly after the muck started in 1995..so I been off/on since 1996.....Jake for example being in the LP..aka Zolomon grandfather .

Black Rose slaver group with Quickclaw...there is like a couple log with Quickclaw's son Blackfur....heee who knows maybe, though big maybe,  BLACK Rose will pop up again sometime.

Anyways, that's all and as for history you should finish up the LP history page. I say ask Elmef or Greg of past stuff maybe....I don't know of others still around as seems the really old players are long gone

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2021-10-20 09:30:57 AM

Log-A-Log

Maybe a weapons guide?

Speaking of weapons a 900 year old sword was found in real life, here is link

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/crus … index.html

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#4 2021-10-20 03:28:51 PM

Ol'random
Website

Log-A-Log wrote:

Maybe a weapons guide?

Speaking of weapons a 900 year old sword was found in real life, here is link

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/crus … index.html

Yeah, I saw that! In the second half of 2018, I was actually in the area by Acre (near where the sword was found) for several months, which is also why I disappeared during that time tongue

Concerning the weapons guide, there are actually two!
One was written in 2008 that I used back when I first joined:

https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Weapons_in_ … of_Redwall

However, a lot of the information is based on misconceptions (mainly the exact lengths that are given and the names that have their origins from both the Victorians and D&D, with little basis in the actual time period).

I've been thinking about making a new, updated guide for years honestly - but luckily I don't think I have to beyond maybe a few edits to names and adding a few more weapons.
This is because in 2016 Magramba wrote the second good guide to weapons:

https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Weapons:_An_Advanced_Guide

With references to the books! The only issues are again the names and some terms, though that can be updated pretty easily (generally the ones not in books like long sword and short sword (historically, they were called arming swords and there wasn't much distinction between lengths for one handed blades. Long sword is used as a general term for (you guessed it!) longer swords like bastard swords or long arming swords or anything that was longish).

oz wrote:

It's too had the very...VERY old stuff isn't able to be recovered,  I am talking about 1995-2001...yeah that far. I think the easiest on here is something from 2005 maybe.

Like nothing from the Silver Star order, there was Knights of Valor group...also how the abbey had a large siege in like 1996....yeah I had a couple characters then  shortly after the muck started in 1995..so I been off/on since 1996.....Jake for example being in the LP..aka Zolomon grandfather .

Anyways, that's all and as for history you should finish up the LP history page. I say ask Elmef or Greg of past stuff maybe....I don't know of others still around as seems the really old players are long gone

Yeah, I've been meaning to finish up the LP history page for a while now - my biggest problem is that it's hard to find out what exactly happened as it seems that for every log that survives there's a few that are missing.

However, I'm not gonna say anything is TOO hard! Sure, solid, easily accessible logs from the early muck might not be around, but there are still people from around that time - like aeysin (i think i dont actually know), yourself, or even Otter himself. tongue

And my my curiosity is piqued for anyone willing to answer: what WAS the Silver Star Order and the Knight of Valor? and who besieged the abbey for what was probably the first time on the MUCK?

Heck, at some point Quinten/Elmef and I need to do an interview RP that we planned to announce at the memorial feast - which will also help the LP history page tongue

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-10-21 01:46:53 PM)

#5 2021-10-20 10:41:51 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

i would like each tp to be compiled with a summary page and links to every log in chronological order at the end of the summary.

a summary of the events of each area (like what you're doing for the lp) would be appreciated, as well.

i will try to do summaries for my chars eventually; help in the research would be greatly appreciated (because i have forgotten much of what I've done with them)!

#6 2021-10-21 01:51:00 AM

Log-A-Log

https://web.archive.org/web/20061231220 … /logs.html

The wayback machine is cool. A redwall muck search brings up some older muck papers...some links don't work but some do!

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#7 2021-10-21 01:53:05 AM

Log-A-Log

There is like 3-5 old sires looks like with some links that work.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/Redwall%20muck

Last edited by Log-A-Log (2021-10-21 01:54:45 AM)

#8 2021-10-25 06:46:28 AM

oz

Ol'random wrote:

Heck, at some point Quinten/Elmef and I need to do an interview RP that we planned to announce at the memorial feast - which will also help the LP history page tongue

When is this happening?

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#9 2021-10-25 02:54:33 PM

Ol'random
Website

BlisaMarshmellow wrote:

i would like each tp to be compiled with a summary page and links to every log in chronological order at the end of the summary.

a summary of the events of each area (like what you're doing for the lp) would be appreciated, as well.

i will try to do summaries for my chars eventually; help in the research would be greatly appreciated (because i have forgotten much of what I've done with them)!

Oh no. the one request i was dreading! D: D: D:

all jokes aside: I've found that researching tps is the most time consuming thing, especially if I wasn't personally involved. When I was involved in a TP, I generally remember where to find ALL the logs from the time. When I wasn't involved I ain't got a clue beyond the logs that are clearly labeled - which ends up with some stuff falling through the cracks. i don't want things to fall through cracks!

So don't expect much to be completed on that front for a while. I'll probably start with the TPs I was involved with first with maybe taking a crack at the ones referenced more (like thorns of steel etc) as those are better documented, before moving on to the others.

What would help me start is if someone could send me what year and what official name of the season a tp took place in was called (to take an example from the books: the Summer of the Late Rose).

If there isn't an official name for a season, then uh blame lorimis and benar because like the abbots ONE job is to name things wink
dont actually please im joking

Log-A-Log wrote:

https://web.archive.org/web/20061231220 … /logs.html

The wayback machine is cool. A redwall muck search brings up some older muck papers...some links don't work but some do!

Yeah, thanks for reminding me of that! There were a couple times last year or so were Lee and I actually have done some digging with the Wayback machine, but not recently! and i kinda forgot about it

oz wrote:
Ol'random wrote:

-snip-

When is this happening?

I dunno! I haven't been active enough to actually schedule it, which is why it never really happened (sorry about that Quinten).

But I would like to at some point before the end of the year, if Quinten's still game

#10 2021-10-25 03:05:43 PM

Proud LP

There is a Redwall Muck alumi on facebook.....old players, maybe =shrugs= ask there for older history

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#11 2021-10-25 06:59:43 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

dude, thorns of steel.... that was epic, bruh...

but that's fair.  i think if you can get the ones that are clearly marked, the rest of us can fill in the gaps smile

I mostly just need help summarizing my char's lives because my brain is worried more with Pythagorean theorem and other useless stuff.

#12 2021-10-25 07:01:56 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Proud LP wrote:

There is a Redwall Muck alumi on facebook.....old players, maybe =shrugs= ask there for older history

some of them are players we've had extreme problems with in the past.  they literally almost drove everyone away and killed the muck because we weren't doing things their way.  i don't want them being reminded of this place if we can help it.

#13 2021-10-25 08:04:35 PM

oz

True on the problem players

I might be able to help some...or least summary maybe.

I play:

#14 2021-10-27 11:03:15 AM

Log-A-Log

Old group stuff be cool. I saw old stuff for GUOSIM...I also know where one of the old Silver Star ruins are...someone named Naco ran the group.

Knights of Valor....no idea,think was in a place called Mapleleaf and was in the northlands maybe....no clue sorry.

#15 2021-10-27 11:23:29 AM

Log-A-Log

found this for LP

Bludstripe was Badger Lord before Sabastian (spelling?)  was

https://web.archive.org/web/20070103002 … mbers.html

#16 2021-10-27 11:46:20 AM

Log-A-Log

and found these....Silver star stuff.

https://web.archive.org/web/20061231220 … index.html

Knights of Valor stuff...seems was in a place called Jadehevan and maybe was an abbey or town of sorts......also some other logs of places but Jahaven is KOV-Vincent and Victor ran it seems

https://web.archive.org/web/20041226143 … /logs.html

#17 2021-10-29 04:44:41 PM

Proud LP

We need to get every hare on the Long Patrol list of Hares in Mt. right now list....like full names with history and personility ect

Velm.....what makes him so unique is, his name IS THAT SHORT ......he is Velm tongue

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#18 2021-11-19 03:28:54 AM

Ol'random
Website

Log-a-log, thanks for the links/info!
I've begun to update the LP history page.  I've also made a new page listing all the graves in the Redwall Graveyard, here: https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/List_of_Gra … wall_Abbey
Found a few interesting things out - like the fact Lorimis WASN'T always there. I'd always believed he was the abbot since the 90s XD

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-11-19 03:29:12 AM)

#19 2021-11-19 05:49:52 PM

Willow

I think for years there wasn't an abbot and then I want to say it was a character called Joshua or something like that before Lorimis. I'm away from home so can't check my logs. Still, yeah, a lot of characters have come and gone!

#20 2021-11-19 11:28:48 PM

Ol'random
Website

In the abbey graveyard, there is a grave marked Josiah that claims they were abbot in 2008. Maybe that's the Joshua? Interestingly the next grave, Keiran, also says the were abbot in 2008.

In other news, I had a fit of insanity and spent waaaaaay more time than I probably should have compiling every IC Abbey Record that is on the wiki onto a single page, and I've made Spruce be the one who IC'ly compiled it all. I've thrown in one or two notes that might act more as kindaeaster eggs more than anything else.

Anyway, here's the page link:
https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/The_Abbey_Records

#21 2021-11-22 07:03:54 AM

Willow

Josiah, that's the one! Keiran I recall now was after them but I don't think was Abbot for long. After that I'm pretty sure it was Lorimis.

That is a lot of abbey records!

#22 2021-11-24 07:47:49 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer