Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-11-06 12:14:36 PM

Proud LP

Re: A Snake in the Sand - LP Mission Mini Plot

Velm could of been at the mountain and told to tell Slaw to report back if he was at camp, which we will learn he isn't.As for why Velm would of went to the mountain, to help bring by some supplies for the infirm

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#27 2021-11-06 12:58:59 PM

Proud LP

did a small,short role play with Cole and Elbio and posted it.

I sadly have real life to tend to so I will not be on. So Lt. Velm will be at the camp since it would be good to have a healer and occicer stay behind for whatever is needed...guard, reports, maybe a what if someone returns to amp..ect ect.

I am :

#28 2021-11-07 02:34:47 PM

Log-A-Log

Just a heads up I will be away OOCLy Last couple of weeks in November (More details in when roleplaying post)

Ok, found a way to still have Lt Elbio run into Zolomon and also for Terrence to be able to do an investigation roleplay.

Gonna do a roleplay that will ICLY happen the afternoon of Sunday, Nov. 14th, this way any plans for some stuff ICLY Nov.13th won't be affected.

Lt. Elbio will be heading back to Mossflower this weekend ICLY, taking with him a random NPC hare, only...he and the NPC hare(Likely a Corporal, Zolomon mentioned Teddy likely be the one.) ..won't get too far.

I will post the log, with the date it ICLY happens, once the role-play is done for more details on how and why they won't know it's Zolomon right away and Terrence can still have his invesagation.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#29 2021-11-13 03:22:21 PM

Ol'random
Website

Alright, so there are a few RPs to be done before the plot wraps up hopefully by Dec. 4th!
I want to know what days/nights work best in the next couple of weeks for the most amount of people.

The dates/times I had in mind are:

Monday, Nov 15th at 6PM or 7PM EST
Wednesday, Nov 17th at 6PM or 7PM EST
Thursday, Nov 18th at 3PM EST
Saturday, Nov 20th at 3PM EST

Monday, Nov 22nd at 3PM or 7PM EST
Tuesday, Nov 23th at 3PM or 7PM EST
Wednesday, Nov 24th at 3PM or 7PM EST
Saturday, Nov 27th at 3PM EST

Monday, Nov 29th at 6PM or 7PM EST
Wednesday, Dec 1st at 6PM or 7PM EST

PLEASE let me know via this thread what times work best for you! And suggest alternate times if they work better for you!

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#30 2021-11-13 03:44:05 PM

Proud LP

I am on...Saturdays,Sundays,Mondays,Thursdays,and Fridays.

I am :

#31 2021-11-13 03:55:28 PM

Mother Krisha

Most days are ok for me

#32 2021-11-13 04:46:07 PM

oz

Well on the 15th that random otter comes to camp at like 3 or 4 am, so there is that to do....supposed to tell the camp bout elbio and figure out how get him...guess camp or..mountain?

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#33 2021-11-13 04:47:11 PM

oz

I can spoof the otter

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#34 2021-11-13 05:01:05 PM

Log-A-Log

Yeah....Elbio won't be much help.
As for him going to camp or the mountain, I will let you guys decide..the mountain likely be best but the camp IS closer.
ICLY till around the 30th November,Elbio will be mostly unconscious as he is badly wounded.Also a clue, that earing he ripped out of someone's ear...black fur,not much in way of like skin so yeah..it could be any beast with black fur and a now torn ear.

On the 1st I could maybe help spoof vermin or something...npc hares ?

Guess after this snake in sand...they get to find out just who attacked  Lt. Elbio

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#35 2021-11-14 08:14:20 AM

Willow

Sorry I haven't been around in the last few weeks. Life kind of happened one thing after the other. I should also be away this coming weekend (All going well I'm seeing my parents for the first time since everything happened) so I won't be able to get on Nov 20th. I don't currently have anything happening on Nov 27th so I hope to at least get on then.
In terms of days in general I usually have to get up at 6am on Mondays and Tuesdays for work. That ends up meaning Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays are pretty much a write off for me and I can't stay up late. Wednesday-Friday I work slightly later and get up at 8am so they're a tiny bit better. Saturdays are my best days but if anything's going on outside of work it's unfortunately usually on a Saturday. I'll try and get on randomly in the week and hope that it turns out to be a time people are around.

#36 2021-11-14 07:56:27 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Saturday the 27th and possibly Saturday the 20th should work out just great for me.

#37 2021-11-14 07:59:48 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Catgirl wrote:

so 4 role plays, or least major ones...left? Or....8 maybe? confushed

so, with plots, it's not exact.   it depends on how the rps work out as to exactly how many rps are left in a plot.  additionally, people can do their own rps in halyard and on the beach that are the characters who went on the mission without Terrence online, which increases the rp count.  so it really depends on how many rps people want and are able to do, as well as how the rps work themselves out.  it is a bit confusing, but i suggest just going with the flow and focus on having fun more than anything smile

#38 2021-11-15 03:32:27 PM

Ol'random
Website

Hey, thanks for all the feedback!
So I'll be online for a few hours tonight (at 7PM est) to RP out both a meeting I had planned as well as reactions to the otters and what happened to Elbio, and there will not be anything this Wednesday.

So the Schedule (not set in stone) will hopefully look something like this:

Monday, Nov 15th at 7PM EST-  a meeting with someone beneath the harbor docks
Thursday, Nov 18th at 3PM EST- maybe a big plot RP depending on who can make it?
Saturday, Nov 20th at 3PM EST- small RP

Monday, Nov 22nd at 3PM or 7PM EST- Potential Small RP
Tuesday, Nov 23th at 3PM or 7PM EST- Potential Small RP
Wednesday, Nov 24th at 3PM or 7PM EST- Potential Small RP
Saturday, Nov 27th at 3PM EST- Big plot RP (as this is the first date that works for everyone)

Monday, Nov 29th at 6PM or 7PM EST- Potential Small RP
Wednesday, Dec 1st at 6PM or 7PM EST- Potential Small RP
Saturday, Dec 4th- Potential Big Plot RP + End

Donica and Velm, would you two be alright with pushing back your characters wedding for at least a week to the 11th of December?
If not, I can work around it! I just need to know to plan stuff smile

Willow wrote:

-
In terms of days in general I usually have to get up at 6am on Mondays and Tuesdays for work. That ends up meaning Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays are pretty much a write off for me and I can't stay up late. Wednesday-Friday I work slightly later and get up at 8am so they're a tiny bit better. Saturdays are my best days but if anything's going on outside of work it's unfortunately usually on a Saturday. I'll try and get on randomly in the week and hope that it turns out to be a time people are around.

How does this Thursday (the 8th) work for you? I can be online much, much earlier that day - around 12pm my time (7pm GMT, 2pm EST).

I should explain why I'm asking for when people can be on: I'm trying to get at least 1 RP happening during the week in addition to the usual Saturday until the 4th of Dec, which should amount to around 6 RPs total with me, give or take one. As Blisa already said though:

BlisaMarshmellow wrote:

... people can do their own rps in halyard and on the beach that are the characters who went on the mission without Terrence online, which increases the rp count.  so it really depends on how many rps people want and are able to do, as well as how the rps work themselves out. -

I really encourage people to find a time to RP without me, as I can't always be online!

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-11-15 03:35:31 PM)

#39 2021-11-15 05:53:38 PM

Proud LP

Dec 11th is good for the wedding, in fact, me and Donica mentioned that as a possible date since Terrence mentioned before the snake in sand TP was till around Dec 4th.

I am :

#40 2021-11-16 03:13:44 PM

Willow

Ol'random wrote:

How does this Thursday (the 8th) work for you? I can be online much, much earlier that day - around 12pm my time (7pm GMT, 2pm EST).

I assume you meant the 18th? I've got to get a train the following day but shouldn't have to wake up so early for that so I should be able to get on on Thursday 18th Nov.

#41 2021-11-16 09:26:19 PM

Ol'random
Website

Yes, that is what I meant, whoops! a small typo on my end tongue

And alright - the next RP will hopefully be on the 18th at 2pm EST/7pm GMT

#42 2021-11-17 07:56:56 AM

Proud LP

I will be online on thursday

I am :

#43 2021-11-22 11:21:14 AM

Log-A-Log

The days I am offline have changed slightly due to some family stuff that has come up. So it's possible Elbio will wake up here a little later today(22nd).
so I would be this week and next week. (Novmber 22-de 4th)
After the 5th I likely will be on and off during the week.
Decmber 10-30t1(offline)

So elbio will wake up a little sooner.

#44 2021-11-23 03:48:16 PM

Proud LP

Just a heads up
This doesn't affect the snake in the sand plot......but I won't be able to be on the 11th of December.

I also won't be on December 1st.

Last edited by Proud LP (2021-11-23 03:49:08 PM)

I am :

#45 2021-11-24 05:00:44 PM

Mother Krisha

Maybe have final on the 3rd and still wedding on the 4th?

#46 2021-11-24 05:06:22 PM

Proud LP

Don't know.
Maybe the wedding on 10th.
It can be figured out
As for the plot Terrence has...4th still likely works still for a final, unless we just have 2 major role plays happen on sooner dates =shrugs=

I am :

#47 2021-11-24 06:32:22 PM

Ol'random
Website

Unfortunately the only days were everyone can make it (including me because I can't really be online on the 2nd & 3rd of Dec) is on Saturday, I'm sorry sad
The 4th is the soonest-not-busy Saturday for people to be online (because the RW feast is this Saturday), and I really want everyone to be there for the end!

The Schedule for the the Snake in the Sand plot is as follows:
Tonight, 24th 6PM or 7PM EST, if people show up there will be a small RP to set up some stuff
This Saturday, the 27th, will be another small-scale RP because I do not want to distract much from the Redwall feast but SOMETHING will happen, I just don't want to say yet

Next week, Monday, Nov 29th, Tuesday, Nov 30th, and Wednesday, Dec 1st, will be dealing with what happens + setting up for the end
and the final will be Saturday, Dec 4th- when the plot will hopefully end.

The last RP will have to be a bit long, as there's about three scenes that will have to be RP'd out:
1. There will be a confrontation between the LP and the group that semi-controls Halyard that has the potential of turning into a fight or not - the outcome will probably be that the entire LP is banned from Halyard, but whatever happens will be interrupted by Rufus (who I talked with and they agreed to be the messenger) bringing orders from the mountain that the current mission is to be abandoned and that entire company immediately returns to Salamandastron

2. The LP will have to destroy the defences and/or abandon some of the equipment while they're being watched at a distance by the group from Halyard

and 3. when the entire company of hares (Greg, Velm, Felicity, Terrence, Varus, Cole, Donica, Rhonwen, Zywie, + Elbio) reach the mountain they will barely have time to breath before being asked in the meeting hall with the rest of the LP. There, an officer will announce the full details of Zolomon's return and his killing of Slaw and Teddy and attack on Elbio to the LP as a whole.  Then the plot will end.

I will probably be spoofing Locke again or use Paisley at this point, but Quinten and Ciocan are very much welcome to be there IC (because they're in charge after all) and share their thoughts. The plot will have a lot of loose ends left over but that's intentional on my part - I've been planning on using a lot of the story beats for stuff in the future.

Once the plot is over, there are three things that need to happen: 
1 Donica's and Velm's wedding
2 the hunt for Zolomon
3 The LP potentiality meets with a few merchants and villagers in secret to set up a way of smuggling supplies regularly to the Mountain - Rufus suggested/inspired this idea

4 In January, after about a month which will hopefully be after the wedding, a three masted multi-decked ship will suddenly arrive in Halyard and an envoy will be sent to Salamandastron that claims they wish to speak with the badger lord or one of his representatives to negotiate with the LP. It might be innocent or it might be trap, no one can really tell.

This'll happen any day that the majority of the LP can get online in January, so probably another Saturday. 
Depending on the choices made by the LP, there are several outcomes I've planning for that range from the LP being welcomed back in Halyard to work alongside the villagers and the Merchant Band to fully rebuild Halyard to the LP being TOTALLY banished from Halyard with the threat of a fight looming- and with many villagers in Halyard becoming disgruntled that the LP is no longer around at all, possibly leading to more secret meetings between villagers who like the LP and the LP..........

Whatever happens, I have a lot more story threads to explore that I'm intending to adapt to whatever the choices other players on the MUCK make.
My intention with Snake in the Sand and any plot/rp thread I run going forward is that I want  (and kinda beg) players to make the choices that their characters would make, not the choices my plot needs them to. If I wanted all the characters to act in only a certain way to fill a plot I'd just be writing a book.
It's waaaay more fun for me to react to developments people make without me in RP - which is why the stuff with Zolomon has been so integrated with the Snake/Sand plot. I didn't plan that at all, but honestly I've found it far more interesting to explore in RP because it's collaborative story telling, and has given me an opportunity to develop Terrence more

Oh, and the creature that might be a snake will be making a reappearance at some point, but I want THAT to be a total surprise wink

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-11-24 06:33:40 PM)

#48 2021-11-25 09:07:01 AM

Elmef

It all sounds like a lot of fun

Only thing I dislike is banning players/the LP from Halyard.
Even if Zolomon turned back up and killed some people the villagers in Halyard know he's been banished.

We've always sort of RP'd over the years that a majority of Halyard residents are retired LP hares anyway along with various Sea Otters, other woodlanders and a small mixture of friendly vermin.

Suddenly the Badger Lord and the Long Patrol being banned from Halyard just doesn't sit right with me as a plot direction.
As you're essentially banning an entire group of players from going too/visiting one of their main locations on the shore.

#49 2021-11-25 09:11:58 AM

Log-A-Log

The trouble in Halyard has nothing to do with Zolomon, that just added another problem to deal with, one that will likely be a lot easier to deal with.
The Halyard troubles is something else Terrence can explain better.

#50 2021-11-25 09:20:16 AM

Elmef

Fair enough if the trouble in Halyard has nothing to do with Zolomon

It still doesn't sit well with me banning an entire group of players from a location on the Muck.
And where has this mystery group who apparently now control Halyard come from?

Halyard has a Mayor, He's a sea-otter,
Don't get me wrong I am glad to hear and see plot things happening and I am aware I have been away a bit due to RL

It just doesn't sit very well with me as it comes across in Terrence's planning post

Additionally Halyard IS part of the Badger Lords Domain, everything along the Western Shore is under the jurisdiction of the mountain

At least that is how it has always has been shown since I've been on the muck,

This'd be like someone rocking up and telling the Queen of England that Norwich is now theirs
Or someone popping a note to the US President that New York is ours now, please leave and the people in Halyard are just going to go
"Sure thing shrug some people we've never heard of are our lords now"

Just feels very out of nowhere, but that is probably my fault for having been away due to RL
But I can't see the people of Halyard or the Badger Lord just going "Sure mysterious people hiding your identity Halyard belongs to you now"

In my mind if a group of Mercenaries turn up and try to take control of Halyard and their supposed "Leaders" won't reveal themselves the Mayor would scream for help and consider it an invasion and most of Halyard's residents and the LP would drive them out.

Last edited by Elmef (2021-11-25 09:41:28 AM)

Board footer