Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-31 12:20:32 PM

Log-A-Log

Ciocan Gets the News First-LP LOG

WHO:
Elibo- Lt./Fighter in LP, Residential RW Hare

Ciocan-Badger Lord

LOG:

Ciocan is standing on the edge of the crater looking out to sea and idly stroking over an ingot of steel, testing it with his claws whilst he contemplates what to turn it into.

Elbio had indeed made a surprise visit, of course runners did see him like a couple days before he got to the mountain. He rested at the camp by Halyard but was fairly quiet, when asked what he was doing here he just said important news for Ciocan and assured the others Mossflower was fine. His daughter was with him, he left her at camp and made sure she also didn't say anything of what this..news was.The Lt. could update, likely curious hares, of the news after he talked to Ciocan,He took it very seriously that the news got directly to Ciocan's paw first.He was a little tired as he came upon the crater and glanced over at Ciocan.He sighs and walks over to the badger and speaks"Sur.."Then waits.    

Ciocan turns and looks at the Lt. and his small ears perk, "Elbio? What are you doing here? I trust all is well in Redwall?" he frowns, "I can only assume the abbot has sent you back so soon with something important."    

Elbio nods slowly as he speaks and pulls out a sealed scroll from the abbot, "Yes...some news sur." He holds out the scroll, the abbot's seal on it still showing the badger is the first to read it. The hare speaks more"And Redwall and Mossflower are fine sur, thar is no danger thar...but yes this is some..important news."    

Ciocan frowns and takes the scroll, he checks the abbot's seal and then cracks it gently and unscrolls it and sits on the edge of the mountain and starts to read. His frown deepens as he does so and shakes his head, "Well.... this is certainly news.... I see little that affects us other then he's become one of a very limited number of beasts in known history, banned from Redwall..."   

Elbio is unsure of what all was written in the scroll, he nods " It was important to know still sur and so far your the only one to know here in the mountain." He shakes his head and sighs"As to where he is, no clue."    

Ciocan rolls the scroll back up and tucks it into his tunic, "I don't think there is anything others need to know beyond the fact they are now a convicted murderer. Their exile from the Western shore shall stand for their life."    

Elbio nods"Lets hope thar is no other news that comes up."He then smiles "Thar is other news sur, my daughter Ciana wants to join the Long Patrol so she came along with me."    

Ciocan shakes his head, "Well that is not up to me, your daughter will have to apply and pass muster to become a recruit. If she does so she'll be a recruit for several seasons to prove she is worthy to become a Private. I am sure she will do great however."    

Elbio smiles,"I remember being a recruit...ha likely had a bit tougher time of it than most, took me a little longer to get to Private and got surprised at being an Ensign and, well now I am a LT."    

Ciocan says, "She might surprise you, just because she grew up in the abbey doesn't mean she will take longer to reach Private.""    

Elbio shrugs,he does smile"She does know some basics. And she knows some history as well and the importance of the Long Patrol."    

Ciocan says, "Well there is more then fighting and marching, history and learning is just as important as the physical aspect of being a recruit. Though the discipline may take some getting used to"    

Elbio nods"She has been fairly good at not getting into trouble at the abbey. Though she did almost get involved in some sort of plan to dump honey and feathers on the Frair..likely would of been very unwise."    

Ciocan says, "Well.... the things youngsters get up to when they are young should not be counted against anyone, we all do mischievious things when we are little.""    

Elbio nods, he then chuckles"Sometimes afterwards...I remember getting into trouble,right before...hmmm or was it right after..I became a Private. I had liked climbing cliffs and stuff and got in trouble for climbing the side of Salamandstron, I..wasn't in danger or least in my mind I wasn't but got in trouble for it."He chuckles again"When first seen the abbey,I climbed the south wall..it was that or deal with the swarm of rats at the time."    

Ciocan nods his head, "Well I am sure they did not mind you climbing inside, I read those reports," he stands back up and sighs, "It is rare to have a hare go so bad.... but alas there is not much we can do here."    

Elbio nods, a frown at the news he had to bring "Yeah, no idea wot went wrong...I mean a couple beasts tried to help him and he seemed to be doing ok and then he...well surprised everyone."    

Ciocan sighs and shakes his head and looks out at the ocean, "I cannot really say, sometimes a beast just... reacts to a situation in an unexpected way. I am sorry to hear it happened... he is lucky Chieftain Blisa let him live... if she had executed him I'd have been sad... but well... the village lays beyond our jurisdiction and I am not about to march to war because of Zolomon."    

Elbio nods"Thats understood. Ferravale is, from wot seen, a lot less rough than Halyard but it does have more vermin but also the vermin thar in Halyard respect the abbey and honor the peace treaty, yes they have their own laws and rules...but nothing thats way out of line. They even have a rabbit thats the recorder, and a mole that is working in the forge..an odd mole ,he speaks common and knows some other langages as well. I do if your concern keep an eye on Ferravale"   

Ciocan says, "I have no concerns about Ferravale," the badger said, "There is no need to keep an eye on it, they are fine and I trust their chief and the Abbot to work things out between them. Our duty is the Western Shores for the most part."

Elbio nods "And it seems the shores are doing well.I heard a little of Halyard still fixing things up since that horde attacked in late Spring or..when ever that was."    

Ciocan nods to Elbio, "Well take care getting back to the abbey when you leave Elbio, take a few days to spend tuime with your daughter, get them signed up as a recruit. I am sure the General or his staff can take care of it. For now I need to go do some work.

Elbio nods, a salute and he heads inside, he needs a nap and then he will check on his daughter.Maybe spending a few days on the shores will be good.

Last edited by Log-A-Log (2021-10-31 12:21:36 PM)

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer