Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-17 03:20:50 PM

Ol'random
Website

Some half-baked RP Ideas for the Long Patrol+some stuff about the wiki

I have a few RP plot-lines I want to start with the Long Patrol but haven't because other people have their own plots to play out. I want to try and capture Jinora's style of letting stuff grow pretty naturally - like what happened in training mission that exploded into a whole ordeal to get Dom back - to give scenarios for people to play around with in RP rather than a set plan because planning stuff is more boring but i didnt say that tongue.

Basically, combined with the stuff I've written/edited on the wiki, I want to set up sandbox plots for people rp in!
I'll take part in them when i can, but mostly what I'll give are a sort of writing prompts for people to use as a base, and rp from there when they want to with little input from me on how things turn out.

The Long Patrol stuff on the wiki has a lot of stuff I've worked on and if you haven't checked it out you really should!
Mainly these three pages: https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Long_Patrol_Order_of_Battle
https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Campaign_Eq … ong_Patrol
https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Long_Patrol … r_Recruits

I'm also working on an IC LP camp guide currently tho tbh i have no clue when i'll be done with that inspired by Roman Castra.

These give a good overview of what an LP hare would know and be expected to be capable of, and I encourage people to use the stuff in those three pages in RP if they want to! heck, share your own ideas and stuff

and if you want any clarifications or details about anything that's given in the pages, or just ideas/thoughts/questions in general, just let me know me and I'll try and answer them - just give me a few days to respond of course tongue

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#2 2021-07-17 06:45:43 PM

Log-A-Log

Re: Some half-baked RP Ideas for the Long Patrol+some stuff about the wiki

And we can have role plays in Halyard base thats getting rebuilt smile

Maybe some villager needs help finding a lost relative and it ends up being some slaver thats in the area that is captured beasts or maybe the brother didn't pay some..loan shark, what could be a loan shark in Halyard..picturing this really scary looking one eyed raggy dressed owl some reason tongue

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#3 2021-07-18 04:28:13 PM

oz

I will post a date for the Memorial/feast here soon since they did find Varus and he is home.

Also, what is the plan with Varus anyways?

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#4 2021-07-18 06:34:09 PM

Proud LP

Ok,
So I was asked to post a…..
Well what ICLY happened to Lt. Velm….

Lt. Velm decided to just…..go to his quarters and change into normal clothes and folded up his Lt. Uniform neatly and left it on his bed, along with stuff that wasn't his. He kept the saber and sat down to write a last report, and a letter to Prv Donica. He then drops the report on the Badger Lord desk along with a simple note

= Sorry sur, stepping away from the Long Patrol life, your find everything In my former room…..signed Velm=

= Dear Donica, I'm sorry I am leaving, Your find someone else better….signed Velm=

The note to Donica he set on her nightstand. Then Velm left the mountain, got on a small ship he saved money for and sailed off never to return….

There IC info

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#5 2021-07-19 06:23:16 PM

Log-A-Log

Hmmm....ICLY think some hares likely found a new hare to dislike.
Meaning Velm.....

Varus is still cool

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#6 2021-07-20 06:07:22 AM

Elmef

Why would people hate Velm because he decided to leave the patrol?

People leave the patrol all the time for life reasons.

#7 2021-07-20 08:23:44 AM

oz

Yes let's not hate  Lt. Velm

Maybe he felt being back in the Patrol  truely wasn't for him. It would be bad to stay if he couldn't  totally put 100% into it.

Also he did fight agaist that horde, he used healer skills as well after the battle...ok he did leave Donica but he left a note,  left a note for the Badger Lord as well.

I say Lt. Velm would get a honorable discharge.

Some hares can still hate and dislike Zolomon still tongue

But yeah no hating Lt. Velm, we can just miss him and hope one day to see him again with open arms.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#8 2021-08-27 04:57:26 PM

Ol'random
Website

Alright, so it's been a while since I made this thread as I've been waiting for the memorial feast to pass first before going forward with some ideas (and it admitted got a bit off topic rip)

Regarding rebuilding Halyard RPs: good idea Log-a-Log, I was thinking the same thing. Plus, I've honestly wanted to do something with a loan-shark figure for almost a year now tongue

Now, starting out with fixing Halyard, the LP has a few things on their plate. In addition aforementioned loan-shark that might lead to a larger conspiracy (maybe), there are some rumors of a snake living in the swamps and dunes going around town. Some even say it lives beneath the village itself since the horde moved.....

Of course, here's the rub:
There's no actually proof this thing exists! And there's no consensus on where it even is. So the LP has their job cut out for them of hunting a possibly imaginary snake across the western shore and maybe finding a clue here and there if they look hard enough.......

Second idea is a training exercise for everyone to take part in! A day or two of marching and camping that also doubles as a patrol to check for any remaining horde members who might still be lurking around

These are ideas I'm interested in getting started soon (within the nest few weeks if possible), and I suggest we should schedule LP RPs during the week (probably around 7PM EST) for those who want to RP more often and explore ideas. If people have ideas or thoughts they want to share, feel free to use this thread or talk to/page-mail me on the muck (I'm Terrence and I'm on Saturdays to at least check for P-mails.)

Oh! And there's a semi planned little fun IC interview thing with a certain general that might be brought up during the memorial feast to take place at a later date....

#9 2021-08-28 07:10:08 AM

oz

The memorial is supposed to be today but quinten won't be on and he is sort of needed I think.

I play:

#10 2021-08-28 01:49:52 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Felicity actually dealt with a snake during one of her adventures with Rioko, so she would volunteer to do that if I'm able to be on smile

I strongly agree with scheduling RPs throughout the week.  The MUCK has been kind of dead recently ;.;

#11 2021-09-18 09:58:51 AM

Log-A-Log

We need some role play back

#12 2021-10-02 08:37:45 PM

Mother Krisha

so,
was the snake role play thing happening still? The..what was it, rumors true or not of snake somewhere...or did that already happen

#13 2021-10-06 12:27:08 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

it hasn't already happened.

**staaaaaares at terrence meaningfully**

#14 2021-10-08 02:00:47 PM

Ol'random
Website

Honestly, I haven't really pushed for any of this for a while because since I made the post it feels like the muck was deserted for a while there - last Saturday was the first time more than like three people were online while I was tongue
and i may have forgot i made this thread rip

As for the snake idea, if anyone is interested in that, please feel free to page mail me (page #mail terrence or lossow) on the muck with what days/times work for you + how much RP you want to do/what you want to see happen in RP

Hopefully with that, I can get a clearer picture of how to get things going that works for the most people and doesn't get either rushed or stretched out.

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-10-08 02:11:17 PM)

#15 2021-10-08 07:06:54 PM

Ol'random
Website

In addition to the reply above, I spent a few hours compiling the first half of the Erg plot from 2019 into a single page on the wiki with hopes of finishing it soon. The idea I had was to make the logs from the plot are all in one place and thus more accessible to new and old players alike (if you're like and you sometimes go back to read RP plotlines again as if they're more redwall books tongue)

Here's the MUCK wiki page link for the "Saga of Erg": https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/The_Saga_of … log_Slayer

+bonus content: I added an RP that was on the radio but was never actually posted to forums, recounting Zolomon's debriefing with Greg and Isla's encounter with a toad 'healer'.

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-10-08 07:07:20 PM)

#16 2021-10-15 07:27:52 AM

Log-A-Log

Also,
Looks like Lt. Elbio will make a surprise visit with certain news from Mossflower.

Now this is a surprise to the LP that the Lt. Shows up, guessing end of autumn so like 3 or 4th week in November. 

He won't share what the info is, right away, first he will just ask Quinten and Ciocan to see him  and after they know he can share with others....now THAT role play should be very intresting and can't wait to see reactions.

Board footer