Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-08 07:39:59 PM

oz

We Are Friends- Redwall Log

WHO:

Zolomon- Archer, Co-Leader of Mossflowrr Defenders

Darian- Healer in Mossflower Defenders

Elbio - LP RW Residential Hare, LT. , Fighter

LOG:

Zolomon sat on a log by the firepit quietly looking over a scroll,he closes it and looks ready to take a nap.   

Elbio walks up, may as well get this chat over with.."Zolomon.."He says calmly,"A word?..few words? I did promise to,well..chat once I was back."     

Darian hears Zolomon and Elbio and scurries toward the source of their voices. The young weasel stays hidden though, peeking out at them from behind a tree.     
Zolomon looks up and sighs "I knew ya was back and kind of surprised ya want te chat."He seems very alert and on guard right now.

Elbio just stares back and then slowly sits down in front of the other hare, arms crossed over his chest."Yeah yeah, so am I but you claim no one listened to you and I know we, well don't get along but I am willing to try to"     

Darian continues to listen, and remains hidden.     

Zolomon tilts his head"This is a trick, isn't it?" He stands and goes to leave,heading towards the tree Darian is at.     

Elbio takes a deep breath and exhales trying to not get upset,like in angry as he slightly glares at the other hare."Just like before...annoying,self centered..."     

Darian squeaks, and quickly ducks behind the tree, trying to hide from the approaching Zolomon.     

Zolomon blinks as he hears Darian "Who's thar..show ya self right now."He looks at Elbio"See..don't listen, wots bloody new most hate me."     

Elbio ears perk a little but he isn't sure whom is close by.He shakes his head at Zolomon,"I would say no one hates you..but that would be wrong."     

Darian knows who Zolomon is, remembering Elbio and Krisha talking about him. "P-Please stop fighting," she says in a gentle and quiet voice, shaking while she continues to hide behind the tree.     

Zolomon mutters something and looks behind the tree, he backs up and gets an unsure expression on his face,he watches the weasel and knows she is afraid.He is tense and looks at Elbio."Who this?"     

Elbio stands quickly and gets between the tree and Zolomon "I suggest you walk away."Some coldness to his voice, then a frown as he looks down a moment and back up at Zolomon. "Her name is Darian.."His voice is not as cold now.     

Darian peeks out again, looking at the two hares. In a moment of anger and courage, the young weasel stands up, and steps forward. "I... P-please, stop fighting!" she says, still afraid, but still standing there, not running.     

Zolomon looks around at Darian and studys her.He looks at Elbio and then just calmly sits down.     

Elbio keeps an eye on Zolomon and sighs in relief,he asks Darian"You..ok lass?" He walks slightly to Zolomon."She is on our side..good beast."He is not sitting yet."Look let's just calmly talk, ok?"     

Darian looks up at Elbio, nodding. "Yes sir," she says, before looking back to Zolomon. "Mr. Zolomon? M-My name is Darian. I.. I live here, at Redwall."     

Zolomon nods slowly"So..live hee?...ok"He looks again at Elbio "Talk bout wot? Ya clearly still don't like me and I live here too..though maybe I can live at the Defender's base instead."     

Elbio frowns "I...I don't hate you." He tries to find the words "And thats up ta you...but Vonda may dislike that..I heard you and Vonda were getting married some time in Autumn"     

Darian looks between then two, and seems to calm, her shaking now having stopped. The weasel carefully steps to Zolomon and sits next to him, looking up at Elbio, listening to the conversation.     

Zolomon tenses slightly but then relaxes, "Yeah..me and Vonda will wed, sometime before or after the Autumn feast probably, it's the Summer one coming up here in a few days." He glances at Darian a moment and speaks to Elbio again." Suppose tis good you don't hate me, I know a few Patrol do"     

Elbio nods "Yeah, but then again it's not like your see any of them..tis rare for a patrol to be this far from de mountain."He sighs "Look...Zolomon maybe we can be..friends or at least stop disliking each other. You are..seeming to be doing better since last I saw you in Halyard...and when you..went Awol.."     

Darian looks up at Zolomon and smiles to him, before looking to Elbio, quietly listening.     

Zolomon frowns "I..yeah, it was not wise to run off, but the past..its de past and can't undo it."He smiles faintly "Vonda..helped me alot..I am not..really the old me still, maybe closer or maybe I never fully will be the old me."His one ear droops as he frowns deeply." After Xandy..died.."     

Elbio nods "I heard, and spoke with Lt. Velm some too."He is lsitning at least. "I say, let friends help and..I can understand how death can..affect some beasts. When I first joined the patrol, a fellow hare was..so injured, there was no saving him, and I was upset when he died casue he was my first friend,taught me alot of the patrol when I ioned..even trained me a little"     

Darian looks up at Elbio, frowning, having not known that about him. Then he looks up at Zolomon, still frowning. "Um... Mr. Zolomon?" she asks gently.     

Zolomon sniffs and wipes away some tears, he blinks as he speaks "Wot?" He asks calmly     

Elbio stays quiet, he isn't sure how to help,how to handle sad beasts.But he stays where he is .     

Darian is still for a moment, unsure if she should do what she's about to do. Finding her courage, the weasel reaches her paw out and gently takes hold of Zolomon's paw. "I'm sorry," she says gently. "My grandfather fought for the safety of all beasts. And... And I will too. I will fight so that this will never happen to you or any beast else."     

Zolomon almost pulls away.He sighs "One can't..always stop death. I seen a lot in the Long Patrol, trust me..large battles can be scary.I.."He waits and speaks"I am helping Caleb with de Mossflower Defenders, like I helped Xandy and.."He manages a smile "I am a lot more skilled than I was..I mean I managed to get to Sergeant in de patrol...and"He frowns "Tis was my fault I got striped of all rank, kicked outta de patrol and banished from the mountain and the western shores it's self a few weeks later."     

Elbio says, "You are fairly skilled with that longbow, might need slight help in close fighting..I be willing ta help with close up fighting and.."He rubs the back of his neck a little "Maybe you can help me get a little better with longbow,I still have one just..ummm....."Yeah he is not good with it, a sling is ok with."     

Darian notices Zolomon almost pull his paw away, but she continues to smile as she continues to hold his paw. "Maybe, you can both help each other. Mr. Zolomon, we can always move forward. The future isn't written yet, and our past mistakes don't define us. I wanna help too. I've joined the Mossflower Defenders, as a healer."     

Zolomon smiles"A healer is always good." He arches an eyebrow at Elbio "Lt. Elbio....I am fairly skilled?" He chuckles.." I am de best in Mossflower, probably the western shores. It was I that stoped that..wildcat slime from killing Ciocan when he was surrounded...course No one seemed ta care...but ya know, that's fine."He hmmms"So...How is things at Sala?"   

Elbio replies "They are going well, repairs likely done now in Halyard, they were rebuilding the base..."He nods "They spoke of a cloaked archer.."He smirkls "You I suppose..and" He adds "Your right, the day could of ended in disaster, you also totally ruined the wildcat's fighting paw...likely helped some so he was better able to be defeated.Major Varus was missing, but he was found and brought back right before I started to head back here..Major Varus killed the wildcat ina one on one fight during the final battle I was told"     

Darian continues to smile, listening to the two quietly.     

Zolomon says, "I know de Major hates me...then again I did..stab him,I told him ta move"     

Elbio nods "Yeah..heard, tis when you went AWOL and Velm and Donica Hard to find you ,take you back.."He sighs "The past, let'sn ot speak of it." He offers his paw to shake "Peace between us...friends,not enemies..deal?"     

Zolomon seems unsure, like the Lt. is tricking him but then smiles and shakes his paw "Deal Lt. E."     

Elbio sighs at the nickname,but smiles as he is glad to be getting along finally with Zolomon."Still though...I can not believe you of all beasts is getting married soon"     
Darian smiles as she listens to them both. "I'm very happy that you're both friends again," she says, still holding on to Zolomon's paw. "Mr. Zolomon, may we be friends too? Please?"     

Zolomon shrugs,he smiles"Well I am getting married." He hmms"Not sure me and Elbio was..friends before." He looks at the weasel "Another friend be good Darian, I only have a few friends"     

Darian looks confident now and nods, holding both of her paws in front of her in fists. "Then it's settled!" she says with excitement and determination. "We're friends, Mr. Zolomon!" The weasel giggles, then goes back to holding his paw again. "My grandpa used to be friends with the Long Patrol, and the Badger Lord, a long time ago."     

Elbio nods "I don't know much on badger lord history"     

Zolomon says, "I know some...ok before Ciocan was Sabaastin..then before him....Bludstripe...thar was a very long time between BludStripe and Sabastin...and my grandfather knew Bludstripe..my grandfather's name was Jake"     

Darian smiles. "It was a long time ago..." The weasel suddenly perks her head up a little. "Jake... Mr. Jake! I... I think my grandpa was friends with him! My grandpa was really good friends with him, and Lord Bludstripe! They would defend the western shore together, and... and then my grandpa moved to Redwall Abbey. This is amazing!" Darian now holds both of Zolomon's paw with hers. "Our grandpas knew each other!"     

Elbio says, "interesting"     

Zolomon smiles "That is neat to know...wow"     

Elbio stands "I have to tend to some things, see you two later at dinner"     

Darian waves her paw to Elbio. "See you soon Mr. Elbio!" she says, then looks back to Zolomon. "So now we're DEFINITELY friends!" she giggles. "I will help you in any way that I can, sir. And I'm happy to fight for Mossflower's protection with you in the Defenders."   

Zolomon nods, a small smile "Xander....would of been happy to know the Defenders stayed around after his death"     

Darian nods, smiling gently now also. "Yes he would. And I will fight in memory of him, and my grandpa, and Mr. Jake, and Mr. Bludstripe... and all of our friends. They would have wanted that."     

Zolomon nods "My..mother was even in the Patrol a short while,then left..kind of wish she had stayed...but thats ok"     

Darian blinks. "Really? Your mother was in the Patrol too?" The small weasel tilts her head. "Is that why you joined?"     

Zolomon shaked his head "I..jioned from stories, I found out she was in it when I read an entry in some history log at Salamandastron,she survived out of like 15 hares from a group on a patrol..she kind of went...ummm...anyways she left. She told stories of grandfather who died when I was like a season old, never knew my father...I was told he just disappeared one day. My mother died of an illness and I went to the abbey as it was closer and she spoke of it, it was on de way to the abbey I met xander and his uncles, Zee and Oz...Papa Oz that is, Mother K named her son after Papa Oz"     

Darian's excited look turns to one of sadness. "Oh..." The weasel's head lowers slightly. "I'm... I'm sorry, Mr. Zolomon. My grandpa, he knew Mr. Oz, too. I remember him talking about him." Now her head lifts up again, and her smile returns. "You'll always have a family at Redwall, okay? And... And I will do everything I can to help you set things right with everybeast. We all will."     

Zolomon smiles "Family is...important ta have and I don't know about trying to get back with de Long Patrol..I am..happy here, with Vonda and I have a few friends and I get to help run Mossflower Defenders, Vonda is gonna help and be a cook"     

Darian smiles. "Then I will do everything I can to help you and everybeast protect everybeast and everything that we have. And I'm very happy that you're happy here."     

Zolomon smiles"I am glad to be here too..."He stops when the bells sound and smiles more"Dinner...let's hurry, let's go!" Of course Zolomon gets there first.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer