Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-10 08:14:44 PM

Log-A-Log

DAB Attack!

WHO:

Elbio- LP Redwall hare,  Fighter and Lt. Of LP

Terrence- Master Sargeant, Fighter

- various hare dibbuns

Ciocan -Badger Lord

Krisha- Badger Mother of Redwall

LOG:

Elbio has been back a couple days, he took a short look at Halyard and then came here with a couple others, the mouse Caleb and the Badger Mother of Redwall. He now seems to finally set down for a slightly early lunch.

Also there at an early time is Terrence, eating alone as is his habit. Upon seeing the Redwall hare, though, he stands up with a slight wave. "Lieutenant."     

Cole walks in,stops to give a salute and soon sits down.He is still doing assorted chores, some he seriously dislikes but he does them so he doesnt get into more trouble.     

Elbio nods"Terrence...yes I am here a few days,then will head back to the abbey. Got word the badger cub Oz was here.And so me, Badger Mother Krisha and Caleb have come to pick him up, I will also try and catch up on news and see how..how Halyard is"     

"I haven't given much thought to Halyard's state, to be frank." Terrence replies with a slight grimace. One can see his left forearm is still bandaged as the master sergeant rubs the back of his neck. "Can't imagine it's pretty aftah the vermin were done with it. You missed some rathah heavy fighting, as I'm sure you've heard- don't know if that makes you lucky o'h not though." He adds with a small smile. Cole doesn't so much as get a glance - the non-commissioned officer's ire with the two bickering brothers has yet to boil away.     
Cole starts to reply and then thinks better of it, it's likely better to just eat his lunch quietly and just not speak at all.     

Elbio nods"I shall, look into to it. And yes I heard some before I came"He doesn't say by who at the moment but what he was told got confirmed anyways and he is still learning some more things he wasn't told since...well the one who told him didnt know everything."I also heard that Major Varus is missing,any clues yet on where he is?"     

"Aye," Nodding, Terrence sits back down, offering the seat across for him if Elbio wants it. "Currently lieutenant Velm and sergeant Rosinbloom are out with half the company - including Cole's brother - searching for him. Not heard back from them fo'h a few days though, not since you and the Redwall beasts came here. As fo'h the majoh," He shakes his head, "We thought he was dead, in the attack on Halyard. He stayed behind with anothah beast, a squirrel I think, so the remaining hares and villagehs could get out in time. Aftah that, he popped up to kill the big cat chief in the last fight, and went poof aftah. I don't /quite/ remembah as I was a bit out of sorts at the time."     

Cole decides to speak "The major has no clue who he even is."He is unsure he is unsure if an update was good or not and just sips his drink slowly.     

Elbio looks over at Cole and raises an eyebrow then looks at the Sergeant "Is that true...and Varus took on the cat,and won?" He blinks and then "Wow...he was hero of the day for sure.I wonder where...maybe Halyard?Unless he is elsewhere..."     

Terrence shrugs. "They're looking to the east of Halyard, and we know he didn't go into the swamps down south. I doubt even in his state of mind he'd lingeh in the village - they vermin used it as thei'h base, and I doubt if even most of the villagehs'll go back to that place. As fo'h being a hero, certainly, though killing that cat wasn't much to boost of I'd say. From what I can tell, it was the first time the vermin had to face a creature on equal ground without his minions to back him up - and he lost. No, the majoh's real heroism was in Halyard. Faced off against hundreds of them to by us time..."     

Elbio nods "I have heard...stories of some of the fights he had, how that cat destroyed an otter holt, how he took out a small village...as for Halyard, I am sure it can recover, its a sea port and is important."He frowns "The wildcat did fight a badger, supposedly two..I only know of the one and he was a good fighter, even with one of his legs messed up. I have no clue who the other badger was..some badger near a village along the river"   

"I have no doubt in my mind he eithah stabbed the poo'h creatures in the back o'h had many of his vermin wound them before he got a final blow in." Terrence leans back. "He left few survivohs, as fa'h as I can tell, and I won't be quick to trust anything the vermin spread about about the cat. But no mattah - he's dead and gone, and so is his mean strength, that horde of his."     

Elbio nods"Its good the horde is dead and gone, and that cat too."He sighs" Likely if I was here, probably wouldn't of helped much, maybe some.Likely would of been at the base my guess."He then nods" The patrol will recover from this, they have recovered from worse, and Halyard will recover too, maybe less beasts for a while but that's ok, thats fine and yes we should still have a base by the docks to help the village and kept an eye out for trouble."     
"I'm not too keen on rebuilding the place myself," The master sergeant mutters into a up, "Yet we'll certainly be told to. Halyard though - that town was already half of what it once was, and I don't think this helped that numbah out, wot." He sets the cup down. "As fo'h you, though, lieutenant Elbio, I think you would've helped. Fo'h a moment there I was the only the only active commanding officeh besides the badger-lord and general, as sergeant Felicity was missing in action aftah Halyard and injured by teh time she made it back, Velm was captured fo'h a hot second, and my corporal Greenhill was killed..." Terrence trails off with a sigh, quiet for a moment. "We managed fine enough in the end, but I can safely say we missed you'h extra pair of paws."     

Elbio nods, he smiled "You were likely glad Sargeant Felicity was back I bet."He adds "Yeah...but I knew nothing of wot was going on 'ere and when I did..it was mostly over, then got news tis was maybe..4 weeks later I think."     

"Has it been that long?" Terrence's brows raise, though the comment about the sergeant goes unaddressed. "It's been awhile grant you, and I wouldn't have expected you to come running o'h somehow learn of what happened soonah, don't you worry. It's all done now, save fo'h the major out in which-knows where."     
Elbio looks at the sergeant curiously and nods"Yeah...true."He clears his throat "Anything else I need to know of?"     

"Not that I can report on, no." Terrence blinks. "Honestly since the siege broke and organizing the mission to retrieve the majah I've been out of touch, ran myself haggard. Private Dom went with the lieutenant and sergeant and he's doing well enough, so I'm sorry to say you'll miss him. Obviously you know the badgeh-cub Oz is alive and well, too."     

Elbio nods"Yes seen him. We will be taking him back to Redwall in a few days. I wonder wot his future will be like.."He shrugs as he is not too concerned really.``Maybe I can even help look for Major Varus some while I am here."     

"Perhaps, but they set out some time ago." Terrence replies with a shrug. "I'd suggest focusing on what you have to do now, and sticking with that. Don't bothah with something you're not required to do, not now at any rate."     

There is a loud chattering sound emanating from the hallway outside. It gets louder, and louder....then the doors bang open and the horde of leverets pours in, their minders struggling to keep them contained. Their energy is through the roof! Julia can be seen, bouncing around with her friends as the Caretakers manage to direct them all to a pair of tables near where Elbio and Terrence are sitting. Julia spots Terrence and tries to go say high, unaware of his and her sister's fight. An argument ensues when a leveret Caretaker makes her sit back down.     

Elbio nods,he then looks over at the leverets "Well...they have a lot of energy today"     

Krisha walks in shortly after the leverets, she is use to young ones having a lot of energy. She smiles at the young ones and goes to find a seat to sit down.   

Terrence glances over at the noise, waving to Julia - and relaxing slightly as the leverat is forced to sit down by the caretaker. "Indeed, lieutenant." He replies, leaning back in his seat.     

The Caretaker seems to win, and moves on to a pair of leverets who are hitting each other with spoons. Julia pouts in her chair...but only for a moment. Peeking around, she slips under the table and sneaks along.After a few minutes of sneaking, bobbing, and weaving, Julia suddenly pops up beside Terrence from underneath the table. "Hi!!" She goes to give him a biiiiiiig hug! A different Caretaker notices the empty seat and starts searching under the table.     

Elbio sees Julia beside Terrence and chuckles slightly."Seems you have company there sarg."     

Krisha gets herself something simple for lunch and sits down again, she briefly looks over at the hares but doesn't interrupt them, it could be important after all.     

"Seems I do, indeed." Terrence allows himself as laugh as he's hugged, returning a small pat on her back. "Though if I were leveret named Julia," He says at first as if he were speaking to Elbio before turning to the leveret, " I'd run back to the empty seat before the wonderful charetakahs see you're missing and make do the dishes at the cook's beck and call, eh? Though I shan't tattle you came ovah, and no'h will the lieutenant here I wageh."     

Julia grins up into Terrence's face, winking as she gets the hint. "You'he right, Julia really ought t'run back o'er thah. I just wanted t'say hi. Y'2 bettah not tattle, or she'll 'ave t'put wet sand an' crabs in y'beds, an' nobeast likes tha'." The leveret goes to give him another hug and slips away with all the sneaking she used to come over here, and she makes it back to under the table, in front of her seat, before she is caught. She really only gets told to sit in her chair like a normal person, instead of on the floor, because most of the other leverets are too busy being hooligans for the Caretakers to really care about someone not hitting people with forks.     

Elbio nods"I didn't see a young one come over here...nope"     

Krisha glances over at the young hare dibbuns as if debating on giving the caretaker some help.     

Terrence lets out a bark of laughter at both Julia's antics and Elbio's words - the first time he's really laughed in weeks - and stands upright away from the table. "Very well then, lieutenant, they're all behaving perfectly well, no?" He chuckles again, shaking his head. "But anyway - I'll take my leave of you now, it's about time I get back to work. Good luck!" With a wave to the hares (and badger) in the room, the master sergeant makes his escape before whatever doom the Salamandastron flavor of D.A.B. can start.     

The Caretakers could use some help! The better behaved leverets are kind of congregating at one end of one of the tables. The other leverets are yelling and jumping and just not listening. Julia has a thoughtful look on her face which would be making the adults nervous if they were paying attention to her. She looks about like Dochas does right before DAB shenanigans begin...     

Krisha frowns,she looks over at the levets, ok so far...they are...well...yeah being good right?     

Elbio is very unsure of that,he watches Terrence``Sargeant....get back..."He sighs and shakes his head, ok just eat your food,its fine.     

Julia starts whispering to the leverets beside her, and they nod. Julia ducks under the table and starts getting the attention of other leverets. Not all of them, but the ones she knows are kind of leaders. The better behaved leverets even get instructions. After a few minutes of relative quiet, the leverets all suddenly scatter, darting away from their tables and running away! The Caretakers scramble after them, but there's too many!     

Krisha starts to go help when she is called over by a hare at the door, well something came up that's important and.....your all alone Elbio..sorry     

Elbio looks up and is not worried at all, that is until the badger leaves and his ears droop as he looks over at the chaos and gulps a little.     

Most of the leverets are merely providing distractions as the quieter leverets that nobody really notices slip into the kitchen. Julia appears beside Elbio. "I 'ad t' 'ave 'em do /somethin'/ afore they started 'urtin' each othah," she explains, gesturing at all the leverets in the room running around like lunatics, screaming and shouting as they dodge both the caretakers and each other. Meanwhile, the leverets in the kitchen are wheeling lunch off the kitchen staff as they pretend to hide from the chaos.     

Elbio frowns and clears his throat.," You should all jolly well sit down now."     

Julia scowls. "Why? They gotta run 'round an' burn off energy afore they start stabbin' each othah wi' forks like they did tha' one time, wot!" The leverets in the kitchen smuggle their treats off to the Dibbun dormitories. A few leverets try hiding under a table, but that just gets them caught. A couple others run smack-bang into each other and plop down on the floor, wailing. Julia winces, then shouts, "Watch where y'goin'!"     

Elbio frowns." ummm...look someone may jolly well get hurt....see"     

Julia hesitates, taking Elbio's point into consideration. "But....they were gonna hurt each othah, anyway..." The snack- smuggling leverets have returned, and they hide en masse under a table, not wanting to partake in the higher-energy shenanigans the other leverets are participating in. Some of the more troublesome leverets have gotten hold of some food and are chucking it at each other.

Elbio sighs and tries to calm them all down." please sit...calmly, yes calm is nice and put extra snacks back like good children."     

At first the leverets seem to be listening, although they neither confirm nor deny that some of them hid snacks. However, as they gather around Elbio and the Caretakers look relieved, a nod is passed between the leverets, and most of them try to pounce on the Lieutenant. Julia gasps. "Nononono!! THA'S NO' PART O' TH'PLAN!! Get offa 'im!"     

Elbio smiles. " See this is being well behaved and....." And suddenly he screams as he falls backwards against the horde or dibbuns. He tried to escape and failed.     

The Caretakers try to help Elbio, but to no avail. Julia rushes forward. "Get OFFA 'im!!"

"WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE?" Everybeast freezes as the question booms around the room. Ciocan is standing in the doorway, fists on hips as he takes in the scene. No one moves.     

Elbio...well can't move, nor Salute...the dibbun horde is on top of him, he manages a.." Help....ya Lordship. "     

Striding over, Ciocan gives the leverets a LOOK, seeming to meet the eyes of each of them. "Off." The Dibbuns obey with alacrity as they get off Elbio. Julia steps forward. "They weren't s'possed t'/do/ tha'! We were only runnin' 'round 'cause they 'ad too much energy an' if they didn't do /somethin'/, somebeast was gonna get /'urt/." She isn't aware that the 2 who had crashed into each other both have bloody noses now.     

Elbio slowly stands up. He has a bump, small, on his forehead and a skinned up paw.He stands taller and gives a salute and then backs away a little from the small horde.     

Julia sniffles slightly as Ciocan crosses his arms. "You are the future of the Long Patrol. Patrollers must learn self-control and obedience." One of the Caretakers is administering to the leverets who crashed into each other. "Disobedience and chaos always have negative consequences. 3 of my hares have been injured because of your escapades. I think an adequate punishment would be to help clean the Infirmary for a week, as well as clean up any messes this caused." The Caretakers agree, and the Badger Lord looks to Elbio for his input.     

Elbio listens and nods." Clean this room first and cleaning de infirm is good as well sur." He has seen some of what the Badger Mother at the abbey does so the punishment fits.He also takes a mental note, stay as far from these young hares as possible the rest if the time he is here.     
Nodding, Ciocan turns to the leverets. "Clean up this room, eat your lunch like peaceable beasts, then your Caretakers are to lead you to the Infirmary to start cleaning up in there." As the leverets trail off to do as the Badger Lord says, Julia starts to sniffle. Turning to Elbio, she manages to say, "I'm s....sorry y'got....'urted...I didn't m....mean foh tha' t' 'appen....." Ciocan waits for Elbio's response before saying anything.     

Elbio manages a smile and gets to where he can better speak to her." I am ok lass...trust me I have had worse happen ta me. You and the others behave ok...one day your be the next fighters, runners and healers of the LP"

Julia sniffles and nods. After she heads back to join the other (very subdued) leverets, Ciocan goes to lay a heavy paw on Elbio's shoulder. "I suggest you get that bump checked on in the Infirmary. I'll check on you later." The badger heads up to his seat to eat his meal. After cleaning up their mess and eating lunch, the leverets trudge off to do their chores.   

Elbio nods,he feels fine but he will go to the infirm, just in case. Also some sort of herbal stuff on his skinned paw is also good. He heads off as he wonders, do badgers have some sort of magic that makes dibbuns listen to them better?

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer