Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-29 06:03:21 PM

Log-A-Log

A Surprise Stop- River Trip Log

The trip up River has stopped in the vicinity of Camp Willow, the log-boats currently pulled up on the northern bank of the river. The Abbey Guests, Otter Guests and GUOSIM have made a camp under the instructions of the enigmatic Oswald.     

Oswald however is totally distracted by holding his new son in his arms and sitting in his tent with Leigh, the pair of shrews quite happy to have been delivered of a healthy, happy, cheerful little baby shrew! It does mean that the actual reason Oswald nominated this as a place to stop hasn't been revealed yet, someone is going to have to drag him away from family time to find out why he suggested this as a camp site.     

Leigh smiles, she is tired but happy."We will have to pick a name soon dear."     

Blade has decided to fish some, and now looks over "So..what now? We justa resting maybe?"   

Xavier is sat on a log and is glad the birth went well also, he had been worried but all is well now.He shrugs"Oswald picked some areas, and it is nice ta see the Camp Willow otters, the otters are always friends to the GUOSIM." A couple others just wait to see what is next, the Log-a-log looks towards the tent and shrugs, not being sure whether to peek inside the tent or not.     

Oswald is busy laughing down at his little one as they tug on one of his braids and chuckles warmly. His round ears do pick up the conversation outside and he reluctantly sticks his head out, "I picked this area because I have... something to show you all... something I don't think any of you youngsters know about... but it is a bit of a walk and I do not want to leaver Leigh on her own."     

Leigh smiles." I will be fine dear and a couple beasts can stay guard outside the tent if needed."     

Blade tilts his head,"A walk...so in de woods? Oh a walk never hurt any beast, good exercise."     

Xavier looks around the area, he has been up and down the river his whole life as he hmms in thought trying to figure this out "Well besides camp willow...."He sighs, ok maybe he didn't always listen to lessons his father told him and now he wishes he had listen more, some lessons were just repeats of things important over and over again, places along the river..not so much remembered.     

Oswald asks, "Well then," Oswald hands their child back to Leigh and stands up slowly and shakes out his coat and smiles, "Well then who would like to see the GUOSIM camp?" He grins at Xavier, "The old GUOSIM camp?""     

Leigh takes the newborn and smiles." Another camp?"     

Xavier tilts his head"Thar is....wait father mayof mentioned it, but did not speak of it too much...he became Log-a-log there ...umm I think"     

Blade wasn't around much then so he seems to have no clue, a couple of the otters seem to know what Oswald is speaking of.     

Gorvenalus has made sure the new family is well, Leigh can travel if she takes it easy, or stay with a couple otters.He lets the new family decide."This could be interesting history to know and include in abbey logs even."

Oswald stands up and checks everyone has some supplies, food, drink etc. and smiles, "Well then shall we get on?" Oswald leads the way on through the trees, winding up along a creek that leads up toward an old abandoned camp site, "And here it is, the old GUOSIM camp where I grew up."     

Xavier looks around, "Was this...before my father was Log-a-log? I..don't remember this camp"     

Blade grins"Nice but could be a little closer to de river is all I say..kind of calm and quiet here though."     

Gorvenalus asks, "so why did the shrews leave this camp? Then I suppose the GUOSIM do like to travel when they get the chance to."He smiles enjoying seeing a different part of mossflower"Always important to know and remember ones history"     

Oswald says, "There is the creek, so we could get log boats up and down the creek to the river but... yeah this was from when I was a child and I am quite, quite old." He grins, "And yes more of less, we used to have a few campsites like this scattered up and down the river and we would travel back and forth all the time""     

Xavier nods "Maybe sometime we can visit this place again some time, or if was ever trouble, meet up here even"     

Leigh had, after some rest and helped by a couple otters, did also make it to the old camp. In her arms her newborn sleeps.     

Blade says, "lets hope no trouble comes...peace can stay. But it is nice ta have another location to rest or stop at if we travel anytime again"     

Gorvenalus smiles as he listens "The camp seems in fairly good shape after all that time"     

Oswald looks around at the camp and laughs, "Well.... it's not like we built anything complicated that needs lots of maintenance.... but yeah it is a nice place to know it is available to us."     

Xavier says, "I wonder why father didn't tell me of this place..oh well." He tries to remember some lessons"He mentioned once, a while back..there was a camp south of the abbey for like a season..some stoat or something drove a lot out of the river area."     

Leigh goes to stand by Oswald now.     

Blade says, "Well hopefully the GUOSIM showed who ever it was who is boss..."     

Gorvenalus nods."I know of a stoat in the abbey logs ,but I am forgetting the name now." Well the beaver is fairly old so he can forget sometimes.     

Oswald wraps one arm around Leigh's shoulders and turns back toward the river with her, "It is a nice camp, we have loads of them scattered up and down the river! I have been to most of them in my time."   

Leigh chuckles, " It was nice to see one of the other camps dear.The trip has been very nice so far."     

Xavier smiles,"So..in other news what be de name of the new member of the GUOSIM?"     

Oswald peers down at the shrew in Leigh's arms, "I am not sure, did you have any names in mind Leigh?"     

Blade raises an eyebrow "New..oh yeah,de newborn..good question as I am curious as well."     

Gorvenalus looks over,he will let the shrews decide on a good name for the wee babe.     

Leigh hmmms." I am unsure yet on a good name."     

Oswald says, "Then I think you will all have to give Leigh and I a few days to think on it"     

Blade nods "Sounds good ta me, takes time to think of a good name" He will look around the camp a little and when its time to head back to the log boats we will follow.     

Blade leaves Oswald's group and wanders off on his own.     

Xavier nods"Fair enough Oswald..I do wonder what is next on our trip, also maybe we could stay the night here,then we can go on more of our river adventure"     

Leigh rocks the newborn when he starts to cry a little." A rest may be good."     

Gorvenalus walks over and smiles "Yes the new mother should get some more rest, some time here will be nice."     

Oswald exclaims, "Sounds good to me!" he smiles and leads Leigh over to an old log bench, "You sit down here dere with Gorvenalus, I will start a fire, Log-a-Log why don't you all round  up the rest of the shrews with supplies and we'll have a outdoor feast"     

Xavier smiles."Sounds fun yes. We can fish, maybe get cray fish even...and some wild greens to add to the supplies." He leads some shrews to help with that and to be busy sitting up the camp.     

Gorvenalus stays by Leigh and smiles. The redwallers who came along will help set up the camp and feast as well."I wonder, did anyone bring any good ale to celebrate for today?"     

Oswald asks, "Not me Gorvenalus," the shrew says with a laugh, "You're the one with the fancy cellar full of drinks, did you not snaffle something before you left?"" 

Leigh sits down to calm the newborn, she makes sure the newborn needs are meet while others get the meal ready.     

Xavier grins"We do have our famous shrew beer, not much but for today it is a special day indeed."     

Gorvenalus chuckles a little "I did not think much of it I am afraid, I usually drink tea or coffee,but coffee is hard to get around here, willowbark had it but that is very far from here..my adopted son Minsc lives there, I wonder how he is doing"     

Oswald is busy building up a fire, laying on twigs and locks to get it going nice and slowly, he is aiming to build up a really big roaring fire.     

Xavier smiles as things finish up and everyone starts to rest and sit down now. 

Oswald finishes building up the fire and starts to set up for cooking dinner, a proper water shrimp stew with fresh baked bread! it is going to be a roaring camp-fire meal for everyone!

Last edited by Log-A-Log (2021-06-29 06:05:21 PM)

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer