Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-21 02:59:06 PM

oz

A Reunion- Redwall Log

Vonda has travweled the past couple weeks to get to the abbey, she even had some otters help her upriver and that cut off a few days. She now slowly enters the abbey gates and looks around, her staff in her paw.."Wow...this place is...just wow"

Kelp follows behind her,he shrugs "It's nice but I like the sea better.."He grins when he sees the pond in the distance"They have a pond,its a pond!"

Zolomon sighs, he did say he would help and he seems to be rethinking that idea and it's only been maybe a couple days. At least he isn't watching them all the time.

Dochas is about to make everyone's day a little more.....let's say exciting. The Dibbun squirrel has managed to escape from the rest of the Dibbuns and is now bounding through the grounds of the Abbey, chuckling at her clever escape. She spots the newcomers as the guards tell them to give up any weapons they have (including the staff unless it's needed for walking). The DAB Ringleader takes it upon herself to welcome them to Redwall. Surely she won't get in trouble for that, right? Dashing up, she stops in front of the otter and waves. "Hi! I'm Dochas. What's /your/ name?"

Vonda frowns but she understands and let the guards have the staff. She blinks when she sees the squirrel "Oh..hello thar lass."

Kelp smiles."I am Kelp...wow are there other...dibbins here?"

Zolomon sighs, of course he is sent to find the escape dibbun.He walks out onto the grounds and looks around with a sigh,he pouts after a while and grumbles a little.

"Oh, sure there are! There's /lots/ of us!" Dochas reassures her new friend with a smile. She doesn't yet know her escape has been noticed. "We have lots of fun!" She decides not to bring up the DAB since there's an adult listening. "Who're /you/?" she points at the hare. "Are you his friend?"

Vonda smiles"Vonda...we were just, well I am not sure really but at the very least we will rest a few days."

Kelp frowns "But we can stay,There is a...POND."He hmmphs and goes to dash off,yes he is now grumpy.

Zolomon looks left and right and finally sits, he then tilts his head when he sees.."Kelp?" He quickly goes over to see if that is who it is, a wide smile"Kelp...wot are ya doing?How did ya get here?"

Dochas follows the otter. "Hey, wait up! I bet you guys can stay!" She looks up as Zolomon says something. "You know him? Maybe you can get him and Vonda to stay! Kelp wants to stay, and I wanna a new friend. They just got here."

Vonda sighs, why when he gets upset he rushes off, and she don't know her way around the abbey yet.But she knows the direction he went at least.

Kelp starts to kick the hare when he sees who it is and hugs him tightly"Hee hee it's you,we found you..see I told my sister we would and she didn't believe me"

Zolomon smiles and then "We?" He looks around quickly and notices Dochas "You need to go back to class....wait V..v..Vonda is..is here? The abbey here?"

Dochas scowls. "I don't need to learn /math/. Warriors don't need to know /math/." But she notices his distraction and points towards the other hare. "Yeah, she's right over there! C'mon, Kelp, let's show him!" She goes to take Zolomon and Kelp by the paws and lead them over to Vonda. Her goal is to distract Zolomon to the point that he doesn't make her go back to class

Vonda sits on a bench for a moment, well at least he is inside this place, yeah somewhere.

Kelp grins"Yeah we can stay right? Right...ask like who ever is in charge, so who is in charge lets ask them now, huh huh huh ?"

Zolomon allows himself to be led by the two dibbuns, he says "Abbot Benar is in charge and he is, most likely busy"

"Oh, I'm sure it'll be fine! Why would the Abbot say no? Isn't like you're.....you're slavers or anything." Dochas spots Vonda sitting on a bench and leads them over to her. "Hi! He says he knows you." She lets go of Zolomon's paw to point at him.

Vonda chuckles "I don't know anyone here, I just got here...in fact.....I..."She sees Zolomon ``Know..."She quickly goes to hug him tightly,"Your ok, I was so worried I would never see you again, oh my...its you,its really you"

Kelp steps out of the way and just watches the reunion and sits on the bench to quietly watch,he smiles.

Zolomon eyes widen,he is sort of frozen there with a look of shock, then tears fall,then he is hugged and it sort of breaks the spell.He wraps his arms around her and smiles, "Vonda."

Dochas smiles, satisfied that not only is Zolomon sufficiently distracted, but he's also happy and talking to a friend! (What? She's not completely self-centred.) She goes to tug on Kelp's arm, whispering so only he can hear. "Wanna go exploring?"

Vonda smiles, she goes to give him a kiss, "I...missed you Zolomon.I am glad you ok after all that horrible horde did"

Kelp looks between Zolomon and Vonda and makes a face.He looks at his new friend"Explore, where?"

Zolomon smiles wider"I missed you too...wait how did you get here? Is the horde gone?"

Dochas sees the kiss and pretends to gag. "Anywhere," she whispers back, then starts to sneak away, gesturing for the otter to follow. She leads him into a row of bushes.

Vonda nods "That wildcat was defeated, and most of the horde.The few that survived ran south, a few did sneak back but the Long Patrol took care of them."

Kelp follows the other dibbun after a few moments"This place is neat"

Zolomon smiles"That's great news, and it means Lt.Elbio,Caleb and Mother K won't have any issues to worry about...but Elbio will still be careful I know, maybe we can get the news to him"

Dochas grins. "It is! Hey, I wanna snack. Let's go see what's in the kitchen window!" She goes to lead him on a sneaky path through the orchards and gardens. The adults won't be able to see them anymore if they look around.

Vonda smiles "I..ran into them, so he knows"She frowns "Think it upset him some...but Ican update you later, for now I am just so glad to see you and always want to be by your side."

Kelp smiles, he follows her "So thar other dibbuns, I meet a group of hare dibbuns...me, and hare dibbuns and"He frowns."My friend is still there, but maybe I Will see him soon"

Zolomon smiles"Yeah, that be..good."Yep, focus on Vonda not escaping dibbuns."I want you and Kelp to stay at the abbey, your like it here..and..maybe..." He stops and just smiles.

Dochas has led Kelp a safe distance from the adults, around the corner of the main Abbey building and into the beginnings of the gardens. They won't be heard here if they speak in normal tones. "I bet your friend will be okay. What's their name? And yeah, there are other Dibbuns 'ere. We're th'DAB, the Dibbuns Against Bedtime. We have lotsa fun and try to never ever take baths, go to class, or go to bed."

Vonda tilts her head as she holds his paw "Maybe what Zolomon and of course me and Kelp will stay.I would never think of leaving."

Kelp blinks,"But must...sometimes....and baths are nice...sometimes"He smiles "His name is Oz and he is a badger cub, this mean wildcat had him but then he got away. And this one hare was like....I hate your head mr. wildcat and..then the wildcat had no head and everyone was happy"

Zolomon smiles, he then seems unsure but."Maybe we could...."He takes a deep breath, serious as he asks "Marry me Vonda?"

Dochas whirls on the otter and goes to grab him by the shoulders, her face wreathed in smiles. "Ozzie is alive?!" She goes to hug Kelp in her joy! "Ohmygoodness, I've missed him so much, I hope he's alright, I hope he remembers us here in redwall, ohmygoodnessI'msohappy!!!" She goes to grab him by the paws and dance around, as happy as can be.

Vonda is a little surprised and smiles, "Yes..I will marry you Zolomon"She is happy.

Kelp giggles and dances too.He nods "Yeah he is okies and..there was this badger lady we saw, and a mouse and a Long Patrol hare that were gonna go get him!"

Zolomon smiles, ya everyone is happy.He grins to tell the two.."Where did they go?"

"We gotta celebrate!!" Dochas leads the way to the kitchen window, where she sneakily steals 4 scones and a few cookies that are cooling on the windowsill. After sharing them with the otter, she lets him do whatever he wants. For her part, the DAB Ringleader heads to the treehouse, finishing the last crumbs of her purloined snack as she does so. With her natural squirrel agility, she scrambles up into the treehouse and sits, waiting for the classes to be finished for the day so she can tell the rest of the Dibbuns the good news.

Vonda blinks "Well Kelp was with the squirrel, where would the dibbuns be?"

Zolomon hmmms "Class most likely but knowing Dochas...not.Come on we can try and find them."He smiles"As for...a wedding,we can ask de abbot later,maybe at the summer feast"

Any other adults that the hares pass along the way haven't seen either of the Dibbuns. Just then, Abbey school gets out for the day, and all the rest of the Dibbuns and Novices come pouring out of the main Abbey building. While the Novices go to help with their chores, the Dibbuns scream and run around, the adults in charge striving to make sure they stay away from the pond. The diehard DABers head to the treehouse, knowing their Ringleader is probably there since she ducked out of class (although they would NEVER tell any of the adults that).

Vonda hmmms "We could...just look all around?" She smiles "You know the way around,I Don't yet"

Zolomon nods "Lets see...he checks the pond, nope."Maybe the treehouse, it is finished now."He leads the way to that part of the orchards.

There is excited screaming and chattering of Dibbuns from that part of the orchards, and as many Dibbuns leave as come. The word about Oz is spreading through the Dibbun population, and they are all excited that he's okay and will hopefully be returning home soon. Dochas is actually on top of the treehouse with some other squirrels, and all the Dibbuns are chattering away with each other about various and sundry things besides Oz's imminent return.

Vonda looks and points to the treehouse "There is the squirrel now, they all seem so excited about something"

Zolomon walks over and looks up, he then yells "Hey wot is gonning on up thar, ya all eat too much sugar or something?!"

The Dibbuns freeze, then they scatter, some jumping into the treehouse, some running away, some hiding in bushes or behind trees. Dochas stands on the roof of the treehouse and puts her fists on her hips truculently. "Whatcha want?! We're allowed t'be here! Go 'way!" A chorus of agreement echoes from some of the hiding Dibbuns. They appear to not like Zolomon's attitude.

Vonda chuckles"You handle them dear"She kisses his cheek"I am gonna head inside,see about living here." She then smiles and heads inside

.Zolomon says "I.."He smiles wide as Vonda kisses his cheek and chuckles,he waves and smiles up at the dibbuns."Hey be bally well nice ya lot...so why so happy, then I am happy too..tis a good day" He spins around and just grins and smiles.

Dochas scowls, but another Dibbun pipes up with a giggle. "You silly." The Ringleader thinks for a minute, then adds, "We're 'appy 'cause Ozzie's comin' back, an' we got a new friend. Why're /you/ so 'appy?" She's still being aggressive and rebellious, but at least she's a bit more polite for the moment

Zolomon smiles"Cheer up...I am getting married cause Vonda say yes when I asked her."He hmmms"I will be right back!" He dashes off, he is back in 20 mins with a knapsack over his shoulder,he opens it...cookies, some candy chestnuts, some slightly smashed honey scones ."Here be more happy, everyone should be happy today woohoo!" He does cartwheels and crashes into a tree.."Ouch..."

Dochas is surprised when Zolomon, an adult, comes back with snacks and treats for them! As all the Dibbuns pounce on the snacks, the Ringleader hops from tree to tree until she's right above the hare. She goes to pat him on the head. "Maybe you're not such a bad grown up, after all!" It is a good day for everyone to be happy.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer