Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-19 07:55:37 PM

Ol'random
Website

Aftermath and Mission Briefing - LP 6/19/21

Lord Ciocan, Sgt. Felicity, Pvts. Cole and Slaw, Ret-Lt. Olivia, Gen. Quinten, Pvt. Rhonwen, MSgt. Terrence, Lt. Velm

Quinten walks into the meeting room carrying a pile of papers, he settles down on a bench near the front near the podium. He continues to work however, pencil darting over the figures and reports he is currently working his way through.

Velm makes his way inside and nods to those in the room before sitting down

Felicity has finally been released from the Infirmary, as well as being excused from using a crutch.  She still has a limp, but she's doing a lot better.  The Sergeant enters the meeting room, looking over a paper.  While in the Infirmary after the final battle, she had written awards recommendations for all the Recruits because they had done so well being brave and obeying orders.  A trusted Corporal had personally delivered the papers to the General.  Felicity decies that now is not the time to ask about them.

Cole and Slaw come into the room and of couse start to fight over a chair before some one makes them sit on oposite sides of the room.

Already sitting by the end of the hall, by the podium, Terrence leaps up to quickly salute the general, upsetting his own stack of papers.

"Well, sah, I'll be waiting for the lord Ciocan before we start." The master sergeant murmurs, just enough to be heard by Quinten over all the other hares in the room. He nods to Felicity, acting his usual formal self while on duty. "Sergeant Felicity, I trust all you'h hares are here?"

Rhonwen sits,this is the first time she might be on a mission or least one like this one anyways.

Quinten glances up and nods to Terrence, "At-ease, no need for formalities in here right now..." he looks at his papers and shuffles one to the bottom and starts reading the next, "As busy as I am i've made time for this, but I do need to get back to my office within the hour... getting everything back in order after the attack is taking time."

Olivia pushes her way into the room, over the protest of a few Privates, who are all silenced by a stern glare from the recently-widowed-now-unwidowed retired Long Patrol hare. She approaches the table, wearing her uniform, despite not being active duty, letting it be known to all present that she refuses to be side-lined while her husband is missing.

Ciocan soon enters the room and nods to Terrence as Terrence is one  the main hare leading this meeting. He sits down up front.

Felicity glances up, her blue eyes cold.  But she then glances around the room, watching as a few more hares slip in.  "They appeah t'be....Sah."  Even when addressing the Badger Lord or the General, she's usually not that formal.  But the moment quickly passes as she nods to Olivia, a small smile forming.  "An' it looks like we 'ave at least one extra."

"Of course, sah," Terrence mutters, drawing back - and the badger lord enters. Most hares rise and give a salute until Ciocan sits, all sitting back down with him. He regards Felicity for a moment, nodding slowly. "Well that's good to hear." In barely a whisper himself he adds, with a sigh, "And I trust you're well, Felicity..."

Taking up a position behind the podium and clearing his throat, the master-sergeant begins.

"Hullo and all that - I shan't beat around the bush and keep you from lunch longah than needed! In light of the recent attacks on Halyard and the mountain itself, in which you all fought bravely - but," his eyes flicker for a moment to Olivia before they dart away, "We're out of a majah - two truly, fo'h the late Majah Pete gave his life fo'h us, at the gates." A pause, and Terrence bows his head for a moment of silence.

"Thankfully," he continues, "We do not have to say the same about the good majah Varus Swiftbuck! He's alive, though obviously not here. That's the job some of you'll have - to bring him home, safely."

Rhonwen remembered those speaking of seeing Major Varus, she just listens quietly,it be rude to ask where do they even look.

Quinten looks from Felicity to Terrence, from Terrence to Felicity, he has noted their attitudes toward each other and if they don't sort themselves out he will get involved and neithe rof them will like that. For now though he is listening and he sighs at the mention of Peter being lost and stares back at his papers, and sets his pencil down on top of them.

Velm nods "Yes finding Major Varus is very important,  do we have an idea where to start looking?."

Olivia clears her throat. "Ahem... I will be involved in th' search," she declares, matter-of-factly, gaze levelled at Quinten, as if to dare him to tell her she should stay at home while the Patrol takes care of this. She won't be pushed aside so easily. "From what I've been told, no scouts have seen any signs of my husband in the southern swamps... So that's a start."

Ciocan speaks now "That is good, the swamps can be dangerous, even those who do know thier way around. I believe Terrence has an idea of whom to send on a mission to find Major Varus and yes Olivia will be a part of the mission as well."
Cole raises his paw, as does Slaw, and then glare at each other till they get a look from the badger and then they look at the floor. "We also to find know what damage was done in Halyard. I know the docks are at least in good shape."

"Of course you must go Olivia," Quinten says, "You are likely one of the few people who can get through to him. Ciocan was stood next to him after he killed Zoltar and reacted as if he had never met him before," he frowns, "It is possible he has moved east, toward the Mountains of Bat Mount Pit and the eastern edge of the swamp to get away from the shore?" He then frowns, "As for Halyard I sent the Captain and a squad up after the battle, they are helping the Mayor assess the damage."

Felicity does not notice the General noticing the coldness between hwe and Terrence and instead takes a seat.  She listens closely, taking a few notes on the back of the paper she has.  She is all business right now and waits patiently for the next thing Terrence has to say.

Raising a paw once everyone has spoken, Terrence's voice is loud.

"With Halyard sorted with the good captain being up there, I shall speak on the mission at paw, if I may - and please save furthe'h questions fo'h the end."

"Now then," the master sergeant begins again, "Ou'h scouts have been running about looking fo'h any sign of majah Varus," he goes on, "And as fa'h as we can tell, as the retired lieutenant has told us, he is not in the swamps down south, so that's a mercy. Which leaves the north and east."

He lets the words sink in for a bit.

"It will the job of Lieutenant Velm and Sergeant Rosinbloom to find out where he is - and the lieutenant Olivia Swiftbuck. The sergeant is an accomplished runnah, and so are many of the hares undah he'h command. The majah may know his way about the wilds, but I trust many his lessons rubbed off on the rest of you, otherwise I'll have to send you all through training again." That earns a few groans from some of the hares, and Terrence lets himself have a small smile, gesturing to Olivia.

"The retired lieutenant here will certainly know Varus' mind bettah than the rest of you lot, and will be a great help in finding him and getting him back."

Rhonwen just waits to see if she is one of the hares going or if she is staying at the mountain, some would need to stay behind.

Quinten says, "We need to do our best to try and find the Major," Quinten said softly and quietly, "I'd offer to go myself, I know those damn swamps but I can't leave my post right now, even to track down the Major. But I have maps, outlining the paths through the swamps I know I can make sure the team have those"

Velm says, "I know the area of the dunes fairly  well, we can also ask villagers  if they seen him.." He then  gets an idea." What about the old otter..."

Olivia nods her head, and sighs. "I've been lookin' in th' library," she remarks. "Specifically, in old medical tomes. If wot y' say is true, Quinten..." She sets a book on the table, that she had been carrying under her arm. "It would seem that my husband is sufferin' from a head injury." She opens to a specific page. "I'd 'eard from some privates that Varus seemed confused, but your description cinched my suspicion."

Ciocan nods as he speaks "The major seemed to be trying to figure out who I was,but then when I  turned to speak to the Mayor, Varus sliped off."

Felicity nods and starts scribbling on her paper.  She glances up when Olivia speaks.  "'Ead injury?"  She pauses, then decides to ask about possible recovery options later.  "I've patrolled t'th'North numerous times.  I know some o' th'dangahs an' refuges up thah."  She distinctly remembers that one misadventure with Rioko that included a gigantice coral snake and a tavern run by monitors.  She won't mention that.  "I'm sure we'll find 'im.  Th' Mastah Sergeant 'as created a good team."

"Very good then!" Terrence bows, "Half of Company A, undah the active command of lieutenant Velm with second-in-command sergeant Felicity Rosinbloom with the retired lieutenant Olivia Swiftbuck taking an advisory role officially, and unofficially being the third-in-command and serving as help with the major's head wound. In addition to the sergeant's runnehs, privates Cole, Harolds, Konnah, Rhonwen, and Slaw will be going along, as they are the most fit fo'h duty hares we currently have. You will set out as soon as you are ready, and lieutenant Velm, if you have anything to add, now is the time - whatevah and who evah you seek out fo'h help is up to you, as this is you'h mission now."

"That sounds like a sensible plan Master Sergeant," Quinten said as he stood up, "But first and foremost, no one is going who hasn't had at least forty eight hours off duty first. We just came out of a fight for our lives and as important as it is to find Varus, none of you will do him any good if you are all exhausted..."

Cole and Slaw  both ask "Where do we help sur?".."I refush to work with you".."Well your annoying".."No I am not" this goes back and forth, of course during a meeting they act up.

Velm looks over at Cole and Slaw. "I do believe two privates have volunteered  for extra chores to help us all out."

Olivia nods her head, and closes the book. "I'll be ready," she replies. "Just let me know when... I need to see my husband again..." She's maintaining a stiff upper lip, but it's not been easy for her recently.

Quinten Stands up and salutes Ciocan then turns to Olivia, "We'll get him back, I'll go fetch out those maps of the swamps for you before I go back to work."

He then salutes everyone and heads out back to his office.

Velm nods "Yes the sooner we start the mission the better." He will head off once its ok to.

Ciocan nods at Velm.  "They most certainly have, yes."  The badger stands and nods to the General.  "Aye, 48 hours rest for everybeast heading out on this rescue mission.  It would be good if as many hares as possible could also take that break.  Quinten, I leave that in your capable paws.  I'll be in my room."  Ciocan heads out, only stopping to invite Olivia to his room to chat later.  Felicity stands and heads over to Velm.  "Sah, unless there's anything else, I'm goin' t'go spend some time wi' m'sistah."  After that's through, she heads out the door, not even acknowledging Terrence.

The look the two privates receive from the master-sergeant could whither a rose. "Only Slaw is going then, and Cole - you can serve the general as his personal page until you'h brother gets back, when he can ovah. Lieutenant, I'd advise having Slaw be in charge of the latrines while you're in the field."

"As fo'h the general's and the badger lord's words, those of you who have had the two days rest already - Harolds, I'm looking at you - should start preparing fo'h the trip now." Terrence begins to step back from the podium. "You lot know the drill - tents, rations, weapons, the like. Now then, that's it fo'h me, Lt. Velm can answer any questions anyone might have - I might just have to go pass out now, by the general's ordahs."

The coldness Felicity showed him was rather extreme, he felt, yet he hadn't the time to deal with it- not yet, at least, not before he rests. And so he'd make himself scarce.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer