Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-18 03:52:06 PM

Log-A-Log

A Surprise Trip.-Redwall Log

=== Elbio is at beginning and at the end.I logged all as is important. ===

WHO:

Elbio- Lt., Fighter, Redwall Residental  LP Hare

Zolomon- Archer,Fighter, Co leader of Mossflower Defenders

Benar- Abbot

Caleb- Mossflower Defender leader

Krisha- Badger Mother

LOG:

Elbio had been in the infirm since yesterday afternoon, he was better but the healers demanded he rest 1 more day.He sat up in bed, still a lot on his mind, passing out on the road due to the heat and then who saves him..zolomon.Also the chat he had is still fresh on his mind as he sighs.   

Benar walks into the infirmary to talk to Angela, not finding her, however he makes his way over toward ELbio, "Elbio, what are you doing in here?"   

Elbio looks over at the Abbot. " I passed out on the road, my water canteen fell and most of the water spilled out, I figured I would be fine till I got back..guess I was wrong."

Benar says, "Well i am glad you are safely here," Benar tilts his head, ears perking up high, "Make sure to take care of yourself. I hope you are well otherwise?"

Elbio nods, he speaks." Zolomon..found me..got me here, was surprised by that...after how I treated him, he still basically saved my life probably."   

Benar says, "Well Zolomon is a good hare," The abbot says, "He may have had some problems in the past but he is still a good beast overall."

Elbio nods. " And updated me on some news...or at least wot he knew."

Benar says, "Yes I heard there has been some sort of attack on the shore... I am sure we will hear news sooner or later.""   
Elbio hmmms. " So he told you some things as well?"   

Benar says, "Just that there was some trouble with vermin," the abbot frowns, "I sadly do not know any more than that."   
Elbio nods and seems to debate." I know more...me and Zolomon had a long talk. But he didn't know much else, he left when some stuff was going on. He did mention.." He stops there and sighs." Nevermind..."   
Benar says, "Well I am glad you were able to hear about home, I am sure it will all work out. I have faith in the long Patrol. "Never mind what though Elbio?"

Elbio nods. " Yes they should be fine, they are the Long patrol after all." A smile,then an uncertain look.He has no clue all turned out well.He well.He decides to tell the Abbot." Someone is at the mountain now, but I agree with Zolomon on not saying anything to anyone, but you can know...just no others as zolomon had a point, possible false hope or..well having your Badger Mother wanting to take a long trip possible.." He takes a deep breath." Oz is there, he is alive.``   

Benar smiles broadly, "Oh that is very good news," He tilts his head, "I am not sure I can keep this from Krisha however Elbio.... I really don't think it is in good taste to keep this information from Krisha... I will have to think on this."

Elbio nods." I will let you decide then. Zolomon. just didn't want to give false hope if...the worse happened on the shore. " He  seems to think for a long while." Sur...if I may, perhaps I can go? I wouldn't have Mother Krisha go..unless you would ok that, either way I can go.I could leave tonight..downriver on a boat don't take as long as walking. "

Couple hours later

Krisha is taking a small break from the dibbuns, looking over a schedule of who is helping and when.   

Benar walks down into the cavern hole looking for Krisha, once he spots the badger he heads over toward her, "Krisha, sorry to bother you, can I have a moment of your time?" He has his most serious face on, it's time to be serious.

Krisha nods." I was looking over who will help with dibbuns for the next few weeks, and yes those going with GuOSIM I know whom they are and no if asking I am not going with the GUOSIM. Hmm maybe Zolomon can help with the dibbuns..anyways what did you need Benar?"   

Benar says, "Thank you, but I fear I must ask you to go to Salamandastron for me," He says, still in his most serious manner, "Zolomon told Elbio who told me and I am afraid I must ask you to go. I will send Elbio with you and Caleb too if you like? But you must go as quickly as you can. I will just have to deal with the Dibbuns with the help of the order."

Krisha looks at Benar with a why look, she nods." I..suppose I could Benar, and Caleb can come, Elbio of course does need to get any news, we are probably sending news from here,right?"   

Benar says, "Oh I'll write a letter for his Lordship," Benar turned away and walked over to watch the dibbuns, "But I just need you to pop to Salamandastron, pick up Oz and bring him home, I hear his mother is missing him," He says all casual like, "If you leave soon you should be back in time for the feast."

Krisha at first doesn't hear him or thinks she mishears him.She stands and goes to follow him." Wait..Oz?..Oz is..he's there? He's alive?"   

Caleb was walking around and doing his usual chores when he heard those words. The mouse's eyes go wide and he rushes over with a note already written out. The young mouse almost trips over his own tail. "Did you say that Oz is out there somewhere?!?"   

Benar turns to look up at Krisha, "Oh did I not mention that before? Yes I need you to go pick Oz up, he's at Salamandastron with Lord Ciocan according to Zolomon. I know you're busy and half the adults are off on a river trip but I really need someone I can trust to go pick him up," He grins softly, "Think you two and Elbio can handle that?"   

Krisha smiles, some tears but happy ones as she nods." I..yes, of course..we can leave tonight or in the morning."

Caleb was crying some himself, having thought that Oz might be hurt or even dead somewhere. The mouse takes a moment to write out another note while he hugs his mother. "Of course! I can leave whenever we're all ready!"   

Benar is smiling now, a big wide grin and holds up his hands, "Do not rush off, he is safe and well, I want you to plan properly. No running off without supplies or Elbio, he's your guide... if you try to run off before you're ready  then Dora will have  orders to not let you out."   

Krisha nods.," Morning should be fine then, let's see a couple week..or is it 3..weeks there and then the same amount back."   

Benar says, "No setting a departure time without talking to Elbio, he is still in the infirmary from dehydration so you cannot leave until the healers discharge him. But it is about 3 weeks."

Caleb seems happier than he has been in a while. His brother has finally been found and he'll be going on a trip with his mother to go get him back. "Then we'll wait for the morning when Elbio is up and about. Who knows, maybe even Zolomon can go with us... I asked him to come with me on my next leave from the Abbey and I think he needs to get out."   

Benar says, "Zolomon..... he cannot go with you I am afraid," the Abbot says softly, "Not to the Western Shore, he has been.... well that is for him to say. But I do encourage you to involve him in the defenders when you return."

Krisha had heard what happened " Yes I heard what happened…. Zolomon cant go with us...he can help with the dibbuns though other  news, seems he and Elbio are on better terms...or least better than it was, he is the one that got elbio to the infirm when Elbio passed out."

Caleb then remembers what had happened and nods. "He... told me something of it. But that is alright. I just want to make sure that he feels included... he was dad's friend and now he's the same to me."   

Benar says, "Now this is good news so I want you both to go prepare, start getting what you need and I will see you off myself."

Caleb would nod and look to his mom, quite excited that he was going to finally see his brother again. "T... Thank you, Abbot Benar. I won't let you down."   
Krisha smiles." We will be ready in the morning..after breakfast."

Benar says, "Now i need to go talk to Lacota, you two make your plans, you can use the maps in my office if it helps""   
Krisha nods." Well Elbio does know the way there."   

Caleb smiles as well then writes something down for his mother. "We should still gather a map and make sure we know where everything is... even with a guide it's best to have a back-up plan."   
Krisha nods." True..last time I ever traveled..lets see, oh yes a while ago to see Willowbark,very nice place by 3 waterfalls."   

Zolomon sits down in a chair and looks over at then." Travel?..where?"

Krisha walks over to the hare." To the western shores....you could have told me..."   

Caleb was smiling somewhat but then hushed up as he looked towards Zolomon and his mother. He would let them talk it through.   

Zolomon frowns..he clears his throat. " Im sorry ..didn't want to..give false hope, just in case...ya know."   

Krisha nods." Your  forgiven Zolomon."   
Caleb would give Zolomon's leg a hug since that was really all he could reach, nodding towards the hare.   

Zolomon smiles a little." I believe your trip will go well, some feeling I have that everything is a lot safer now." He has something on his mind." If you..see a ..see a haremaid named." He smiles." Vonda..tell her I..miss her."   

Krisha nods, a smile. " If we see her, we will."   

Zolomon smiles a little, he does miss Vonda, a lot in fact.   

Caleb would nod and give a cheeky salute. "When I see her, I will tell her, sir!" is what his note said, smirking somewhat.   

Krisha smiles." I am gonna get ready." She heads to her room as she calls out." Im gonna put you on the list to help with the dibbuns Zolomon."   

Benar walks back in from the kitchens, "Ok Lacota and his team are putting together some supplies for you, they are in the middle of preparing supplies to be taken to the GUOSIM's river trip. But they have plenty of spares so they are making up some packs of food for you all as well."   
Zolomon and blinks. " Wait wot?" He pouts a little at this." I don't always get along with dibbuns."   

Benar says, "Oh yes, Krisha did mention that," He grins at Zolomon, "Whilst Krisha is away and as Caleb won't be able to help you start working with the defenders until he gets back, I guess that makes you papa Zolomon until her return."

Zolomon then chuckles." Yeah Brother L likely likes Elbio...that hare don't even eat like a normal hare, its like he dont know how,poor fellow." He huhs at the name." Well others are bally well helping with dibbins too...right?"   

Caleb giggles somewhat and writes up another note while he does. "You can take care of them! I know you'll be perfect at it!"   
Zolomon reads the note. " I will..barely well try and watch the dibbuns"

Benar says, "It will certainly help of that I am sure," Benar says with a smile as he settles down in a chair.

Caleb settles himself and seems to just sip from a small waterskin he has on him at all times, enjoying the cool air of Cavern Hole.   

Zolomon sighs. " I wonder if..Vonda still..likes me, or maybe she changed her mind..I like her still...I.." He thinks a while." I..more than..like her in fact ."   

Benar says, "I am afraid I cannot really say Zolomon, you will just have to wait until you see her next""   

Caleb smiles somewhat and writes out, "I'm sure that she still likes you... and I'm sure you could get together with her again."   

Zolomon nods." Maybe, but if not..thats ok too. I admit I still have..things to deal with, I still get..angry at times, but I am trying. " He stops a moment " I..got Elbio to..listen to me..I..think we are on better..well terms now, I mean we..no longer want to..punch each other so its a start. "

Benar says, "Good, I'd throw you both to Lacota if you two start punching each other," Benar says as he looks over his glasses at everyone, "So you best behave all of you."

Zolomon says, "I will...try and..think Foremole is a little mad too..I spilled all the nails and barely missed nailing his foot to the base of the treehouse..the nail was between too toes...that mole can run fast too . But I was still..faster."

Benar laughs, "I hear, he was quite verbose about it, but no harm done and the treehouse is complete."   

Caleb would get up slowly and look around before nodding to them both. "I need to head out and get things ready... along wtih finish any left over chores. Thank you for telling me about this, Abbot Benar... and Zolomon, don't worry. I'll make sure to tell Vonda about you." With a nod, he heads out.   

Zolomon smiles." That's good..." He stops when he sees Foremole and decides he best leave before being seen." Yeah...chores...wait for me lad!"   

Benar says, "I shall see you both soon," Benar raises a hand, "Take care both of you""   

Elibo briefly double checked things, all was ready for the trip in the morning and the hare was free of the infirm.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer