Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-17 05:26:53 PM

oz

Saving A Life

WHO:

Zolomon- Archer, co leader of Mossflower Defenders

Elbio- LP Residential Hare Of Redwall. Fighter, LT.

Log:

Elbio had keep himself busy the past couple weeks, checked on the GUOSIM and polity said no to any water travel, he checked on the otters and Ferravale,even Brockhall and all was well,now he returned to the abbey, during the worse part of the day but he was always prepared,or so he thought.     

Zolomon was also out, he made a solo trip to the Mossflower Defender Headquarters, and found at least 5 beasts are around, a couple squirrels, an otter and a couple ferrets, there was also Lee that seemed to come and go, of course Silverwing.He keeps the scroll in his knapsack and takes a sip of water from a canteen.     

Elbio was unknowing close to the other hare, maybe 1/4 a mile ahead.He went to get his own canteen,only to drop it and most of the water spilling onto the road,he frowns as he sighs and takes a couple sips"Well thats not...good.I should be fine,been threw worse"Heput the, yep empty, canteen away and headed on down the road.     

Zolomon looks up and snorts,purposely going slowly as he notices Elbio, the uniform even from a distance be noticeable.     

Elbio walks on and frowns.It was hot and no shade on the road,yes he could go to the woods but he still wouldn't have his water canteen, so he walked on,slowling a little to wipe his brow.He was getting a thobbing headache now too and sweat burned his eyes a little as he rubsthem, only made it worse as he blinked a few times and went onward.   

Zolomon watches Elbio carefull,why the heck is the Lt. slowing down,he shalkes his head, like he cares the hare hates him, well he hates him back ,just avoid him it just be annoying to ask and a ight would happen.     

Elbio frowns,he stumbles once and blinks, the abbey was close, yeah he saw it he just had to get there,maybe in the pond...then he stumbles a 2nd time,rolls toward the ditch and jsut barely avoids falling into the ditch.     

Zolomon looked up and seeing him stumble once he chuckles a little, but when its clear this is more serious he rushes forwards and is at his side pulling him away from the edge of the ditch, he gently slaps the other hare's face"Wakie wakie Lt."     

Elbio only groans, his forehead feels hot and his fur is slightly pale,he is unconious and his uniform wet, but sweat not water, the canteen is..empty.     

Zolomon frowns, he uses his own canteen to splash some water onto Elbio and try to get at least a little water down his throat.He then lifts him up and races to the abbey,he is quickly let inside where he goes to the infirm     

Elbio coughs on the water but otherwise not much of a response from him as he gets to the infirm.   

Zolomon lays him on a cot in the far end of the room and steps back so the healers can tend to him, get him into something light, cool rags on his arms and forehead and slowly get water down him is all they ready can do.     

Elbio is in and out on consciousness much of the day till he finally does wake up and tries to figure out what happen.     

Zolomon has sat by him also, most of the time"And then he woke up...thank me later,then again ya likely won't"     

Elbio glares "Wot in blazzes are you speaking of..."He blinks why is he in the infirm,and the headache"I hate you,you caused this.."Whatever this is.     

Zolomon snorts, about then a healer comes in and speaks "Zolomon found you on the road unconscious, you passed out in the heat...he...he saved your life,if he hadn't been out on the road too tis hard to SAY when you would of been found."

Zolomon just pouts and mutters to himself.     

Elbio has a look of shock, then looks at the other hare and back to the healer "Wait..saved me?" He tries to remember what just happen, he was on the road..got dizzy,bad BAD headache and was so hot and then he is suddenly here..his canteen, oh yeah it dropped and spilled.Again a look at Zolomon.     

Zolomon still pouting looks at the Lt. and rolls his eyes"Yeah..guess you could care less...know wot,I am outta here" He stands and goes to walk off muttering.     

Elbio reaches out a paw "Wait..z..zolomon..stay."   

Zolomon looks at him "You forget..Lt....I am not in de patrol,you can't order me around."     

Elbio frowns..."I.."He gets a headache "I know..II just.."He is serious.."Wanted To say thank you"     

Zolomon turns around"Your...actually thanking me? That's a surprise"     

Elbio nods slowly "Yes..you saved my life, when you could of just left me thar in the heat for maybe, big maybe , someone else ta find and weather they would of been friendly who knows."     

Zolomon sits back down,"I am not some heartless beast Elbio.I would never let anyone die like that....ok maybe an evil vermin that I knew and several knew, was 100% evil."     

Elbio sighs,he stays quiet.Then speaks"Its just....in Halyard I feel you would of done it, walked away..violent mood swings.You went and got drunk once..."     

Zolomon shrugs,he then frowns"I am..sorry fer Halyard...I was an idiot and yeah my emotions got the better of me, but did anyone bother to help....no, I tried alone time I get...stop being lazy...you supposed to be here....and on and on..and I drank more than ya know..ok, it...well didn't really take my mind off things."     

Elbio frowns, he didn't try to figure ity out, he did avoid the hare,he had his own stresses to deal with."I'm..sorry.I am still..new to this own Lt. thing, I feel I am..better at it now."He sighs"I am sorry I didn't try to listen , but would it of really helped at the time?"He studies the hare"You are less..moody or least I think you are...kind of"     

Zolomon speaks "Vonda, a haremaid I meet...helped me..we talked a lot one night and kind of helped, one another"Oh he has news he wishes he could tell, news he feels..should wait."listening is good..."He frowns "I wish...vonda was here."     

Elbio asks, "Who is Vonda? I dont remember a..Vonda"     

Zolomon smiles"She..isn't part of patrol...well she might be now.I did..show her where it was,she needed a place to go and it was..closer...and later I ended up just coming back here."     

Elbio says, "She could of just came with ya....why do that and come here...you could of turned around..I don't know"     

Zolomon shrugs as he looked down at the floor,he seemed to not want to fully explain     
Elbio looks unsure"Thar is...something else..wot though"He takes a deep breath,don't demand.."Please"     

Zolomon just frowns.."I..rather not..sides things could change and...then wot, so..no..sides I left and...just no"     

Elbio sighs, he would so pace if he could.He looks at the healer "I am fine...I just need to speak to Zolomon,you can come back later"Ok healer leaves as he looks atZolomon"Please...I...I wont demand..I just...if thar is news I should know of..."He sighs "It canstaybetween me and you only"     

Zolomon just frowns, his lone ear droops,then he speaks"It was...the safest place at de time...the mountain I mean..Vonda stayed in an otter holt..it was destroyed." Ok so he is sharing some news.   

Elbio sits up slightly "Safest?" He frowns now "Why..wot is going on at the western Shores Zolomon?"     

Zolomon frowns more,"This...stays between...you and me..and if they had wanted..here they would of went here and not down river."     

Elbio frowns"Some group of vermin causing issues?" He listens "The..thepatrol and his Lordship will likely handle it, maybe even already did..."Not like he can take a trip, one may be for nothing and indeed what ever is long gone,or two the worse and he just gets traped too.     

Zolomon only nods.."And...remember de wildcat.."     

Elbio shakes his head then..."Wait....the one who mentioned that killed your friend?"    .

Zolomon simply nods,"Yeah...Zoltar...but I left , then again Exiled from the mountain...then later the shores and..Halyard..Horde was still around...and someone else is in the mountain....but didn't want to give like..false hope"     

Elbio's eyes widen as he listens, ok he can keep this to himself.."Who is at the Mountain?"     

Zolomon sighs....he speaks"Oz is..if things go good I am sure he will be brought back here.. unless.....de wrose happens and I mentioned to just...anyone, for sure Mother K...then it just be false..hope..I..Don't want to do that.."     

Elbio has a LOT to think on now, he would say gee thanks but seeing Zolomon in the state heis now he just frowns, he sighs.."True"He says quietly"This will..stay between us."     

Zolomon nods" Thank you..Lt hopefully some way..some how news can update us..but that's all I know, I am sorry" He did leave when Halyard was taken over so he knows nothing of that either, he missed that by a couple days.     

Elbio nods, "Yeah.."Well he won't sleep well tonight, he decides to try"I am going to sleep...you should go to bed too Zolomon."     

Zolomon nods and quietly heads out of the infirm and to the room he was given by Benar, he sits..he does feel somewhat better talking to Elbio, he told him what he knew and getting that out has helped his stress levels, he frowns as course it likely upped Elibo's.He lays down to sleep,"Please let..good news come soon Marttin"With that,he falls asleep.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer