Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-29 02:56:47 PM

The_Brony_Marek

You Need A Qucik Lesson Before A Long Trip

Defenders Headquarters: Training Ground
This is an intricate and well crafted training ground. A large square area has been sanctioned off using large rocks as it's boundary. Inside the area are several wooden practice dummies, a few archery targets, some cloth punching bags and what appears to be a hand-operated rigging system for firing crossbow bolts into the air. A smaller area marked off by stone circles has been quartered off so as to allow for both sparring and paw-to-paw combat training. It would seem Marek has thought of everything.

Marek was in the training yard, doing some sword drills, his movements filled with grace and ease as he moved. Seasons of experience showing with each move and step he takes.

Xander walked up slowly and watched from a few feet away before clearing his throat to show he was there.

Marek speaks “I knew you were there before you told me Mr. Xander. One important thing to know, always be aware of your surrounds at all times, always be alert as something can happen at any time, or anywhere.”

Zolomon was busy using the archery range and waves to the badger as he goes to retrieve some arrows  from the target.

Xander nods “Of course sir. I was here to let you know I was headed to the Wester Shores…one  of the chest is there. I have Patch tagging along with me so I am not going alone and I have some supplies from the abbey.

Marek walks over, “I would not say Patch is the best choice, but it was your choice and I will respect that. Supplies? Do you have enough and everything you need? Food and drink, rope, other needs?”

Xander frowns “Why would I need a rope for? I have enough food and water, even some mead and ale for Patch to last about 3 or 4 days. I remember the way there so I don’t need a map and I have a thick cloak and a sweater, plus my longsword.”

Zolomon walks over “Western Shores? That’s a jolly far trip, wot? My Grandfather talked of it a lot, spend many a season there he did.”

Marek sighs, “Rope, flint and steel, a small pot for cooking, an extra knife or dagger, something to sleep on besides the cold ground, do you know how to make a lean-two? Look for possible supplies in the wild?”

Xander listens and frowns “I..I know some of that..J..Jedrick always made me start a fire, he also showed me some plants you can eat and I know some poisons to stay away from,  I can fish and I know how to hunt wood Pidgeon, yeah I eat it..it’s good”

Zolomon makes a face “I say don’t eat wood Pidgeon…eating birds why that’s…not civil”

Marek shakes his head, he points to the training ground ”Before you leave a lesson. Mr. Jedrick may of taught you some fighting skills, he may of trained up your strength and how fast you can or can not move. You may have fought in a fighting pit but fights in those are not the same as fights elsewhere. All fights and beast fighting skills are different. You may have gotten some training from Mr. Zee as well, but one is not a warrior in a mere season or two.”

Xander follows and slowly draws his longsword to prepare for a lesson.

Marek watches as he goes to swing towards Xander’s left side with one of his blades, and then to the other side as the first was a trick.

Xander quickly catches the movement and just barely blocks the blade with his own blade. He keeps focused on the stoat.

Marek nods “Very good Xander. Remember Your blade is but an extension of your body and your body an extension of your eyes. Always be focused, alert to your surrounds and never take your eyes off the one, or ones your in battle with.”

Xander nods, he goes to try and jab forwards with his blade.

Marek blocks it easily and watches the young badger closely and then rushes forwards to knock the badger into a tree nearby, and quickly pressing him into it, his blade at his throat if he can, the flat of the blade not the sharp part.

Xander gasps and coughs, he has the wind knocked from him as he panics slightly when he is pressed into the tree and grunts, he coughs “This…hurts….”

“A real fight is never predicable. Expect the unexpected”  The stoat speaks, “Your opponent is not going to tell you what he or she is about to do, neither would they of used the flat of the blade, they would of used the sharp edge and you Mr. Xander would now have a fatal wound to the throat”

Xander listens and goes to try and shove him away, he then brings his knee up and towards the stoat.

Marek’s eyes go wide as he stumbles backwards in pain, he gasps and looks at the badger..” E..Enough…today” He stands slowly and takes a deep breath glaring slightly at the badger, “ Though, an interesting move that could work sometimes.” He will offer the badger a paw up if it’s needed.

Xander takes the help up and frowns “Sorry Marek, I didn’t mean to do that, it was sort of a…don’t, defense move I guess.”

Marek nods and speaks after a few moments “ It is fine Mr. Xander, some moves are sometimes useful, but do not expect something like that to work on everyone and unlike today an enemy will not just back off and end a fight, they will come back and go to try and finish you off, no matter how much pain they themselves may be in. At times it may be a way to distract them  long enough to make a surprise move against  them or to simple run and fight another day. It is not being a coward if one runs. One should know when to fight and when to run when it comes to battle.” He heads to town “Let us get the rest of your supplies for your trip”

Xander nods and goes to follow Marek into the village.

A few Hours later the badger is ready to head off “You ready Patch?”

Patch nods “As ready as I am gonna be stripy, let’s go as the first step of our grand adventure and not ta worry, I gots us a boat.”

Xander nods as he starts to walk on down the path leading away from Ferravale

Off to the side Marek watches them head off, he then turns and goes back into the tavern.

Board footer