Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#76 2021-06-05 01:59:56 PM

Ol'random
Website

Re: Danger comes to the Western Shores!!!!

Fight in halyard with who? everyone who can fight is in the mountain i though (or am i just confused... XD). I mean there is john but at this point he's in no fighting shape
It could be that this weekend (i'll only be on today for at most two hours really because RL has been extremely busy for the past few days and will continue to be so for a bit) we RP part of the siege of Salamandastron, particularly a failed assault by Zoltar while the hares and halyard villagers inside can fend them off for now. On the 12th is Zoltar's final attack when he dies, and then after that (the 19th maybe?) the LP can attack the 70 or so vermin left in Halyard led by Tiny

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#77 2021-06-05 02:10:57 PM

Log-A-Log

hmm
true....
angry villagers tongue

Maybe some can spoof villagers or the mayor before the 12th and then those beassts come  help the lp at the mountain.Nothing like angery villagers wanting their village cack. Heck, some of the 70 might even run...now Tiny, hee hee...he won't run tongue

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#78 2021-06-06 08:12:42 AM

Elmef

I thought the Mayor and as many people who could had already sailed away in the fishing boats?
I can't see them attacking the village unless they do so in co-ordination with the Mountain

#79 2021-06-06 09:48:53 AM

Log-A-Log

The mayor and seer and a LOT of villagers did leave, that's true.

Ok...then getting the village back will be easy. Zoltar is gonna get the 70 horde beasts there, and Tiny the fox...and have them help him get the mountain.

Zoltar sees the mountain as a much better goal anyways...of course he will fail but he doesn't  know that. He thinks he will have victory

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#80 2021-06-06 09:56:10 AM

Log-A-Log

Also final fight is 12 june.

After that the LP can focus on fixing the base in Halyard, recover, and maybe have a victory  memorial feast on 19th.

#81 2021-06-07 09:41:07 AM

Log-A-Log

Update

ALL of the horde is out of Halyard now. SO villagers could go back unless they are unsure  and want to wait till after the horde is 100% defeated .

ALL the horde is by Salamanstron now.

#82 2021-06-07 10:05:29 AM

Elmef

I thought the plan was for the Mayor, his seer and all the villagers and hares who escaped with them would be returning from the sea to catch the horde unawares from the sea-shore during the final fight?

I don't think it makes much sense for them to risk returning to the village until it is safe.

#83 2021-06-07 10:24:30 AM

Log-A-Log

Well,
The mayor and Seer, villagers can at least.

And yeah some hares were supposed to be ambushing the horde also...BUT seems they went on back in the mountain..kind of upset all the hares got back inside but..sighs, its fine....

BUT

Be nice if a few didn't get back inside the mountain as I kind of wanted Zoltar to actually get inside..like just slightly inside and then the surprise backup happens.

#84 2021-06-07 10:39:48 AM

Elmef

I thought the hares who escaped out to sea are still out to sea with the villagers in their fishing boats?
So those hares probably didn't make it back inside and would have stayed to protect the villagers surely?

#85 2021-06-07 10:55:59 AM

Log-A-Log

Terrence had the hares go to the mountain...maybe a couple stayed with the villagers.

I am a bit grumpy it didn't go as planed...but problem solved.

Terrence can still say some went back to the Mt, guess right before horde got there.

BUT
I have solved the problem with needing a few more hares outside...mahahahah

Zoltar now has captive  Lt. Velm, Private Donica, and some random Privates. ( 4 privates).

But he has them in a not well guarded  cage by the sea on like some sandbar... ( Hey he is cruel...ha let tide come in and drown them!) So..some hares to save by boat, they join the other 2 to 3 hares that stayed with villagers...so let's plan a rescue some hares before drown so they can join in final fight and yes the log of Zoltar getting the hares up later today.

#86 2021-06-07 12:10:35 PM

Mother Krisha

Yep Donica captive

#87 2021-06-07 12:24:05 PM

LeeJ

SinceI haven't been able to RP as much last week, I'll clarify here what amnesiac Varus has been up to.

He's taken to being a scavenger, and harasses Zoltar's horde now and again, but he does it under cover of darkness, so nobeast has seen him clearly.
His wife Olivia and other children besides Adrian are in full mourning at this time, convinced he is dead.

Varus has been seeing glimpses of Zoltar and Ciocan in his dreams, but the images are all jumbled and confusing.

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#88 2021-06-07 02:41:30 PM

Log-A-Log

sounds cool

Zoltar can have 1 or 2 horde beast die and wonder what is going on.

Final on the 12th!

my plans is...Zoltar does get past the gate and inside....but for a very short time as the villagers,the 2-3 harees with the villagers,the Mayor,the seer, and the hares  the villagers save before they drown (Lt. Velm,Donica and 3 random Privates)...come from behind the horde in a surprise attack!

Varus can then come as well and fight Zoltar...ha likely freak Zoltar out a little too

the final fight looks like it will be epic!!!!!!!!!!

#89 2021-06-07 03:32:20 PM

oz

Yes
Save the 5 captive hares!

Good griff...Zoltar kind of keeps failing:p...hee hee..I mean yeah he has had some wins...

Zoltar is so doomed.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#90 2021-06-07 05:09:05 PM

Ol'random
Website

To clarify some stuff regarding who Terrence brought to the mountain:
When Halyard fell varus ordered all the hares to retreat to the boats, and by that point a group of villagers were with them- this can be seen in the log of the fight in Halyard, which I did my best to make clear via my poses. Terrence led the various boats he could wrangle to follow south towards the mountain as that is the only place with food/supplies/defenses left on the western shore, and there is no IC reason for Terrence to have led them anywhere else but to Salamandastron.

As a side note, IC'ly Terrence'll probably face palm when he hears yet another officer is down for the count - and that velm only took four hares, plus the fact that at least two of them where healers! XD

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#91 2021-06-07 06:03:48 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

yeah, that's what i thought terrence's poses were meaning, was that aaalllll the refugees, not just the hares, were now safely hiding in Salamandastron.  ao I've been really, really confused this whole time with everyone talking about the refugees doing a sneak attack on the back of zoltar's horde....

#92 2021-06-07 06:36:05 PM

oz

I think the villagers stayed out on sea....

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#93 2021-06-07 06:39:41 PM

Log-A-Log

Hello,
Likely cause some were supposed to stay at sea....and maybe villagers did..I mean...the hares would be uneasy about the vermin.

And no officer died, it was a Private Zoltar killed.

Now a low level officer in horde died.

#94 2021-06-07 07:10:10 PM

Log-A-Log

Ok....let's figure this out

How does this sound?

Terrence could of quickly got his hares inside, Zoltar did wait a week to come to the mountain. But also I think some stayed out at sea with the villagers...ha Zoltar Zoltar isn't gonna harm anyone on boats tongue Plus..fish to eat.

Ok so maybe like a half dozen fighters stayed with villagers cause..most are vermin, no vermin in Mountain after all.

As for the 4 hares Zoltar has captive, did ask Velm...he decided a squad of hares, 30ish..broke into smaller groups and his small group got caught and the other hares got back inside the mountain.

Also ya got Errapel as a healer right now smile.

My plan was an ambush from behind for Zoltar, still like to do that, be neat .

And course....varus fighting Zoltar near end of battle so if horde beast get inside the mountain a short ways...zoltar will be outside...so he can fight Varus.

#95 2021-06-07 08:38:56 PM

oz

Yeah elmef confirmed the seer and mayor is on fishing boats and I think the villagers   or the vermin ones, would stay on boats just on case confused with the horde.

But if they can, the villagers could help in final battle.

I play:

#96 2021-06-08 08:18:10 AM

Log-A-Log

Part of a chat....when was on as Zoltar.

20210608-091635.jpg

Also velm and 3 privates got saved by a fishing boat, lig ofcthat up later

#97 2021-06-08 08:28:45 AM

Mother Krisha

Donica can still be captive

#98 2021-06-08 11:03:27 AM

Log-A-Log

Ya
OK....so there will be a surprise at sea...zoltar won't expect it....hmmms I wonder...maybe the sea otter captain can get Varus to the small island base too...

Also Final fight..Saturday june 12th around like 2EST.

#99 2021-06-08 02:57:53 PM

oz

If Varus gets in a boat...maybe the seer rat can help him know who he is...like hey your varus...downshore though if happen...varus could like wear a cloak and not be recognized...till he reveals himself!..I dont..sounded cool.

I play:

#100 2021-06-08 03:36:22 PM

LeeJ

To clarify, I assume at least a small number of villagers did not come to the fort, and they weren't captured, either, so there's definitely a group that fled Halyard over land, away from the refugees going with Terrence to mountain by boats.
It was incredibly chaotic, so survivors scattering in all directions is very much not a surprise.

Last edited by LeeJ (2021-06-08 03:37:01 PM)

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

Board footer