Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-30 05:17:19 PM

Ol'random
Website

Another Interregation - Zoltar's TP 5/29/21

John and Zoltar

In the middle of the Halyard town square, with the rest of the captives, a wooden stake is planted, and with his back against the pillar a squirrel sits lashed to the wood. Face swollen and covered in dry blood, John was stripped of his armor leaving him in his ripped gambeson and trousers, having even his boots taken from him. He rested his head back, eyes closed, having been silent since the night of the attack, and the prodding of the guards hadn't moved him since.

Zoltar walks up, his mood foul. "I want info squirrel," Zoltar asks, "Who are you and how long been following me?"

John simply smiles, keeping his eyes closed. No other sign of having heard the wild cat is given, however.
Zoltar makes a fist with his good paw, the other is tightly bandaged. " The otter was ya friend..wasn't he? Well he got ta be seagull food, maybe you should be seagull food as well woodlander."

Still smiling, John makes no answer. In truth he had no idea who the otter was.

Zoltar goes to swipe a claw at John." That otter caused me to lose my chance to kill the stripe dog!"

The blow catches the squirrel, and through the cloth red appears - John sucks in a breath. "Ye blamin' a single otter, eh, on th'fact a bloomin' badger lord escaped ye?"

Zoltar narrows his eyes, then chuckles." I have plans, some of my beasts will get inside, kill some hares...I can slay the badger last if I have ta. I still have 450 beasts in my horde."

"Ye need more beasts." John finally opens his eyes, looking up to the cat. "That's one o' th' great fortresses in th'land, it is, andnae w'a thousand could ye storm it. It'll be a slaughter, it shall, a waste o' yore time."

Zoltar chuckles. "You're wrong, there be ways inside the place, just have to be patient."

"Mayhaps, bu' ye'd better be damn certain o' it." The squirrel closes his eyes. "Ah were just tryin' tae offer some advice. Won many sieges, defended many a castle."

Zoltar rolls his eyes. " Well your soon die...no water, no food...maybe your talk soon."

"Ah've had worse, mate." John smiles up at him - but it does not match the fire in his eyes. It's a wolfish look. "An' how can Ah speak if ye've nae asked me a thin'?"

Zoltar speaks. "I asked who you are. and How long you have followed me. You seem to know so much about me."

"Och, know Ah recall. A mercenary, truly. Me name's nae matter t'ye, seein' as Ah'm a dead beast." He shrugs. "But fore how long, ye ask? Since ye killed th'badger in Mossflower, an'stole th'babe."

Zoltar listens and just chuckles. "He died, monitor ate him. I could of turned him into a fighting force for me...oh well. My victory is happening,  the seer fox said it would if I rid myself of that runt." He smiles coldly." And I did."

John laughs, a cold, clear sound - like a sword ringing. "Ye know, th'babe lives. Ah helped him escape, Ah did."

Zoltar looks at him and just laughs. "Nice try,  I saw the blood on the monitor." He grins. " My 2nd in command should be back soon in fact and I trust them."

"Very well, matters little tae me ifin ye believe me ore no, it does." John shrugs. "An' ye wee lizard is dead, aye? Ore so Ah've heard th'rumor."

Zoltar glares, he knows. " I think the sea gulls in town are hungry, maybe you can..feed them fer me hmm?" He has an insane smile.

The wolf-like smile spreads even further. "Sounds lovely, though Ah'm tae old an' stringy fore their tastes, Ah'd wager. Bu' fore ye self, Ah could help ye, mayhaps."

Zoltar starts to signal for them to take the old squirrel away, but he is slightly curious. "You..suddenly help me?"

"Told ye Ah were a mercenary, no? An' Ah've done worse things than ye can dream of, laddy." Whether or not he's bluffing it's hard to tell. But there's a sad look in John's eyes, a sincerity almost as he's picked up by vermin.

Zoltar tail wags." I will...think on this, the again...I been doing well on my own."

John bows his head. "Hopefully, yet Ah did kill least thirty o' yore beasts by meself. An' Ah hope ye shan't forget that, ore them."

Zoltar smirks. "They clearly wasn't strong enough, the weak die and stronger survive to serve me."

"An' what does it say 'bout me, then, Zoltar?" Those are the last words John says, falling silent for the rest of the day no matter what happens.

Zoltar walks off. "I am bored of this squirrel, he is of no use to me...get rid of him" He lets the four guards decide how to...rid the cat of the squirrel.

When the squirrel is dragged off a moment of fear can be seen, but John collects himself quickly- and when they keep him tied up for "Payback" for all their dead comrades, he tightens his jaw and prepares himself for a long night.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer