Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-28 11:24:15 AM

Log-A-Log

Failed Ambush, but not a total lose- Zoltar TP

Who:

Zoltar- War Lord,  Leader of Crimson Shadows

Zolomon- The cloaked archer ID hidden

Ciocan- Badger Lord

Velm- Lt. And Healer in LP

Errapel- Old otter,  Healer Seer

-spoofs of Crimson Shadows and some LP hares

LOG:

Zoltar was dressed, it seemed, to fight. He scanned the beach as he and a small group of his horde came with him, 60 in all came with him."You know what to do." He said with a grin and got up on a rock that was by the waters edge.

Errapel watched from a distance and frowned,  he shakes his head at the area he watched and only frowned, then quickly went into the dunes.

Zolomon was resting, he had no real place to go and ended up finding some old boards, maybe old dock pieces from before it was rebuilt and used them to keep a hollowed out area of a dunes, in stable shape, and a couple tumble weeds hid the entry.

Meanwhile Zoltar grinned as he stayed on a watch, staring at the mountain, but his ears were listening to all sounds.

Errapel seemed to sense Zolomon was near and sat." Zolomon…"

Zolomon was suddenly wide awake and peeked out, seeing the ancient otter he blinked." W...why are you here?"

" A life is in danger" is the simple reply from the otter.

At the front of the mountain Zoltar took a few careful steps forwards and called out " I come to set some terms for your surrender!"

Pete peeked out and hmmphs " Like we would do that, insane beast."

A paw is laid on Pete's shoulder " Calm my friend, I will handle this " Ciocan said as he stepped out in full view of the wildcat and narrowed his eyes." No need for terms, the only surrender will be you Zoltar.  You have caused too much heartache and need to answer for your crimes."

Zoltar grins when he sees the badger " Answer fer them? What's to say..it was most enjoyable, I do love chaos any time of the day." It appears the wildcat is alone.

Velm steps out with about 10 hares, just in case backup is needed.He salutes the Badger Lord and stays slightly off to the side.

Ciocan turns to see the Lt. And nods, his focus then back on the wildcat as he draws his war hammer out and takes a few steps forward, staying alert and focused on the wildcat." You are  outnumbered Zoltar, it would be wise to surrender now."

Zoltar ears go back and he backs up from Ciocan, he puts on a very good face of fear and seems to want to get as far from the badger as possible.

Velm keeps a close eye on the wildcat.

Ciocan walks closer to the wildcat, war hammer in paw as he does his best to control rising anger within him." Surrender…..or die Zoltar, this is my only warning."

Zoltar quickly backs up till he is knee deep in the sea, he keeps his ears back and an eye on the badger as his tail puffs out some.He draws one of his blades and angles it " Get away from me!" His voice sounds scared, perhaps he is a little worried but he is going for over worried right now.

Velm seems to relax as Ciocan can handle the wildcat fairly easily,  but it does seem it is easy, why would the cat come alone and where was his horde, he guessed in Halyard so maybe he has a lot less now.

Ciocan moves closer to the cat now,  hammer ready for battle ." Your days of terror end today Zoltar."

Zoltar walks till he is waist deep in the water and frowns, then suddenly grins. "NOW!"

From both sides of the wildcat the seaweed seems to suddenly come alive! Horde beasts, with seaweed and hollow tubes used to breathe while hiding under the water, suddenly appear and go to surround the badger! A few on the beach jump up, having been mostly covered in sand, in fact the badger just barely missed stepping on one.

There are 70 vermin in all. And all are heavily armed with daggers, long blades, cutlasses and 10 have cross bolts aimed quickly at the badger.

Zoltar smirks as he shows his true reasons for being here and not so alone after all." Surprise...now whom is outnumbered stripe dog!"

Velm's ears droop, the hares with him gasping, one starts to charge forward only to be pulled back by Velm." Stand down Private charging into that is suicide. "

Ciocan tenses up a little and grips his hammer tightly as he looks at the horde beast and takes mental note of the crossbow and other weapons. He glares at the wildcat and looks back at the horde beasts surrounding him, he knows he can't very well pay attention to them all at the same time.And also pay attention to Zoltar.He grips his hammer tighter . This could very well end in his death, but if it does he is going to take as many with him as possible.

Zoltar just grins." As I said, I do love chaos." He glaces at the hares and smiles coldly." And some of your hares are here, good...I do enjoy letting others watch death,  watching their beloved Badger Lord die will help them lose hope." He raises his paw with the blade in it.

Velm  watches in horror,  he could have the hares charge but likely wouldn't help much.

A cloaked figure is at a distance,  about 325 yards away.A longbow in paw as they take careful aim at the wildcat's  raised paw . A deep breath as the arrow is released!

Ciocan glares at Zoltar as he readies himself for a fight, a fight he most likely will lose.

Zoltar just cackles insanely." Goodbye Lord Ciocan...not to worry after your death I will be happy to take care of your hares and your mountain." He grins and goes to give the single to kill, as he opens his mouth, instead of a kill command it's a scream of intense pain as an arrow sinks deep into his wrist, going threw one side and out the other, from one side to the other as it goes into the wrist in a straight line.He drops his blade and snarls as he looks the direction the arrow came from.

Velm's eyes widened in surprise . None of the hares fired the arrow and it doesn't appear any vermin fired at Ciocan and just missed badly.

Zolomon fired the arrow and has ready another.  He has his cloak on but is likely seen if one looks, but all they will see is a cloaked figure with a longbow.

Ciocan is clearly surprised at the sudden arrow. He is still very much alert and still surrounded.

Zoltar eyes blaze fire. " Forget the stripe dog.."He points his good paw towards Zolomon." Bring me that beast!"

The horde beasts seem unsure  but, well, most charge towards Zolomon!

A couple decide to attack Ciocan while distracted. While Zoltar runs, for real this time, back towards Halyard.

Velm now gives the order to take out the two horde beasts aiming to attack Ciocan.

Zolomon pales a little under his cloak," Oh ..crap." He quickly slides down the dune and bolts, at a bit more his top speed as his life depends on it and just fear gives you more energy.

Ciocan looks down as a weasel slices at his leg, most of the blade goes across the armor padded to his knees, he slams his war hammer into the weasel and heads back to the mountain, a small slice on his lower left leg, bleeding but nothing serious, and its not very deep at all.

Velm and his hares take out the 2nd vermin and about 5 of some vermin who stalled.

Zoltar lost 7 beasts but that was fine as once he was far enough away to slowed down to get his wrist tended to by some of his horde camped between Halyard and the mountain.

The 63 vermin left of the 70 he brought to the ambush keep a good pace after the archer.

Zolomon ran and then collapsed as pain in his side,  from the healing wound from Zoltar a little over 3 weeks before,  flared up.It was mostly healed but a couple of the 17 stitches,  had popped lose so a small trickle of blood seeped,it would soon dry and stop but the hare let the past few days catch up to him and passed out.

Errapel had been close and quickly checked Zolomon before a sigh and rushed out to distract the ever going closer horde,his cloak was only slightly different from Zolomon's as he ran towards the water edge and down the beach some.

The 63 beasts soon saw the old otter and sped up, one fired off a cross bolt!

Errapel yelled in pain when the bolt hit his left leg. He stumbled and fell face first into the sand. He slowly rolled onto his back gritting his teeth as pain raced across his leg.

The horde beasts surrounded Errapel and took him to Zoltar.

Zoltar's wrist and paw were tightly banded as he glares hate at the otter, believing him to be the archer." You ruined my greatest victory." He smiles coldly. " I have a special death for you."

Errapel frowns and speaks." Death comes for us all….but your death comes in an unexpected way."

Zoltar just laughs." Death huh, the only deaths I see in the future is that Ciocan and his hares." He gets in the other's face and lifts his chin to look into his eyes." And yours."

Errapel looks deeply into the wildcat's eyes, oddly calm." You're closer to death than I am.Death comes for you Zoltar from an unexpected source. When your victory is but a moment away, death takes it from you ."

Zolar snorts." I already know I will win, the village sea port is already mine, part of the beach is mine.  Soon Salamanstron will also be mine.  I had this vixen seer, don't care where she is now..she said if I keep a badger cub ,it would led to my death...well that cub is gone..dead...and since then I have had nothing but victory .Today was only a minor setback...and catching you only further proof of victory.I only have to wait. Maybe even gather more to my side. Not all ships that dock at Halyard….are ok with the hares...a few hate them and given a chance to destroy them will be an honor they will be glad to take." He stands up and grins." Get a couple poles, tie him to them in full view of the mountain tomorrow morning.And make sure he has a couple bleeding wounds…." He grins." The sea gulls need a good breakfast. " He then turns and goes into his tent leaving the old sea otter with the horde beasts.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#2 2021-05-28 12:31:00 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer